Start by marking “Oath Bound (Unbound, #3)” as Want to Read:
Oath Bound (Unbound, #3)

Oath Bound

(Unbound #3)

The Tower Syndicate will fall...

The secret daughter of the head of an infamous Skilled crime family, Sera Brandt has hidden her past, her potential and especially her powers. But when a tragedy strikes her other family, Sera needs justice. And the only way to get it is to reveal her heritage–including a rare Skill–and take the reins of the Tower Syndicate from her cunning
Published April 30th 2013 by Harlequin MIRA

Ferdy
Spoilers

-The plot was okay, although it was somewhat cliched. The heroine, Sera, finds out she's inherited her bio-daddy's criminal empire. Naturally, Sera doesn't care about the money, status or power.
We all know 'good' heroines have to be humble, and can't possibly be materialistic, money hungry or ambitious. Heaven forbid, a woman who craves money and power! Those kinds of women are all cold, evul and whore-ish… None of them have hearts! Why can male characters in fiction chase money and pow
Joie
May 31, 2012 marked it as to-read
2013...

description

description

Veronika
Aug 09, 2012 rated it really liked it

Wow! This series is so unique and well-written... wow! I'm speechless.

I read the first two books in the series more than two years ago, and that's exactly the reason why I was dragging out reading this one: I was worried I wouldn't remember the story. I needn't have worried!!!

The writing took me back effortlessly into the urban fantasy world Rachel Vincent created.

Did I remember every single detail from the previous books? No.
But when Liv, Cam, Kori and Ian appeared on the pages, my heart reme
Faye
Read: February 2018
Rating: 3.5/5 stars (rounded up to 4/5 stars)
The couple: Kris & Sera

While I enjoyed this final book in the Unbound trilogy I thought the romance between the two leads was the weakest out of the three books; there was no real chemistry and I got the impression that had (view spoiler) and ready to commit to Kris, he wouldn't really have looked at Sera. The plot was well written, I enjoyed seeing all the couples from the previous books
Diana
Jan 01, 2017 rated it did not like it
Shelves: discarded-shelf
I love this author, so deciding that I wouldn't keep reading this book (which after having read half of it or so I kept pulling behind another one since July) was a hard decision, but I was delying its lecture so much that I guess it meant sth in itself.
Oath Bound is the final book in Rachel Vincent's Unbound trilogy and it was another great story, this world has been absolutely fascinating and I'm actually sad that this was the last book because I'd have loved to spend more time here. Kris has seen first hand how the Tower Syndicate nearly destroyed both his sisters and he is determined to bring them down once and for all so they can't hurt anyone else. He has been working with Kori and Kenley to slowly release people from their bindings but w ...more
☘Misericordia☘ ~ The Serendipity Aegis ~  ⚡ϟ⚡ϟ⚡⛈ ✺❂❤❣
Dd Oct 9, 2012,
People in possession of time-travelling machines keep rating this book way before it is to be published :). 16 ratings are already here :) Thank goodness for time-travellers or we wouldn't know what to expect from the future!

BTW. Oath Bound (#3) is a definite to-read as soon as I get my hands on it)
Ryan
Apr 23, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This book takes place over four days so the whole development of the relationship was a difficult for me to believe. I really enjoyed watching Kris stick his foot in his mouth at every turn though.

Kori, I will miss you so much. You were like looking in a mirror because every time you opened your mouth vulgarity poured out.
Pam Nelson
5 Star Oath Bound

Ok I know it has been a while since I finished this series and I just haven’t had the time to write my review but I have to say it these books surprised me in the most awesome of ways.

Not only did all three books keep my attention but I looked forward to them. And I will be the first to tell you when book three started I was a little skeptical because we have a new character but also Kris was only briefly mentioned in the other books so I wasn’t expecting him to get his own boo
Patricia
Feb 09, 2018 marked it as nope
Dropping this series and author. It's not like with Ward, like, I don't feel that Vincent is constantly on crack. I just profoundly dislike her ableism in previous works, and her writing-style doesn't work for me anymore at all. I really loved her previously, but the more I think about her works (and I did reread some of them to make sure) the more annoyed I get now, which definitely isn't the purpose of reading. If someone wants my copies of her books, let me know btw.
Melanie
Review originally posted at RabidReads.com.

I’ve been on a bit of relisten kick lately, ever since late last year. I decided I would relisten to this series. It is one that I really loved and since wasn’t reviewing when I read them the first time, I thought now would be a great time.

So, the Bound series. It is a PNR series that takes place in a world just like the one we live in today. However, their are people in this world that have special abilities. These “skills” (not a complete list, but th
Shelleyrae at Book'd Out

I was lucky enough to hear Rachel Vincent speak earlier this year at The Harlequin Blogger Summit. Having already enjoyed her Shifter's series, I ordered Blood Bound and Shadow Bound to read in preparation for her visit. Though I didn't have the time to review either novel I devoured them both and gave them each 41/2 stars.

In general I prefer urban fantasy to paranormal romance but what I love about this series is how well it combines the two. Oath Bound, like the other installments, is gritty,
Ashley
Jul 22, 2013 rated it liked it
A mostly fun book, but not as good as the first two. The twist is fairly predictable. The end is full of holes and pretty contrived.

Rachel's writing remains technically sound. I really enjoy how she develops the romantic angles in these books and this one is no different, although I'm not as in love with Sara and Chris as I am with Olivia and Cam or especially Cory and Ian.

Definitely a worthwhile read.
ClockworkBookworm
Dec 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: finished, own, own-ebook
3.75 - Good series. I enjoyed Oath Bound, but I feels like there should be more. No cliffhangers, but the overall story arc seems a bit incomplete. I feel like an epilogue could have tied it up nicely. Regardless it was an interesting read.
Mel
Oath Bound is a difficult book to review because it is the final book in the Unbound trilogy and I don't want to spoil anything. So, on that note, this review will be brief and to the point.

There is nothing better than finishing a fantabulous series with a great big smile on your face. After soooo much tragedy in the Unbound trilogy, it was nice to see the walls come tumbling down in Oath Bound.

Rachel Vincent is dark, twisted, skilled-beyond-belief, incredibly creative, bloody brilliant, and ha
Lola
Aug 22, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-that-i-own
For some reason I have some weird pattern with each book in this series. I pre-order the book, then when I receive the book I am all happy and put it on my shelve and then months later I finally start it, a bit hesitant being afraid it is not as good as I hope it will be. That also happened with this book, it was there on my shelve for quite some time before I finally picked it up.

I think Oath bound is the my least favourite book in this series so far. It just missed something and while I hoped
Liv
Aug 19, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: urban-fantasy
While this book's plot may have been somewhat predictable, it was still a passable read. Unfortunately, I couldn't bring myself to rate it more than 3 stars.

Honestly, it wasn't bad, and there were actions, there was angst, there were laughters, there was banter, and there was suspense. So why I didn't enjoy it as much as I thought I should have? It was pure and simple - the key elements i.e. the relationship development between the main characters, Sera and Kris - felt shallow and lip service.

Se
Carmel (Rabid Reads)
May 20, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Reviewed by: Rabid Reads

In true Rachel Vincent fashion, Oath Bound weaves a complex tale where relationships go from every day complicated to an unravelable tangle of blood oaths and family ties. A small oversight quickly snowballs into the biggest blunder in Tower Syndicate history and Sera gets swept away into a world she’s spent her whole life hiding from and knows absolutely nothing about, and that’s only chapter 1! The romance is understated yet equally as significant as the action-driven p
Janelle
With Kenley and Kori no longer bound to the Tower Syndicate, they set out to free everyone else from under the Tower syndicate. Then Kenley disappeared, so Kori along with all of her family of friends, goes to search for her and take down the Tower syndicate while she is at it. I would recommend this book to those who like to read about people who have skilled yet the government doesn't want to recognize what they are and what they can do.
Cathy
Sep 02, 2012 rated it liked it
This series kept surprising me. Each time I went in thinking that I might not like the book that much because they're really paranormal romances with a lot of insta-love that happen to be set in the same world more than urban fantasy books that follow one couple as the relationship grows and develops over several books, and that just isn't normally my favorite thing. Or I'd even like to read a story that isn't about romance at all, how's that for revolutionary? But these stories manage to make i ...more
Alison
Jul 30, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Oh thank goodness. Characters of light and shade. People who aren't afraid to show their feelings. Good people (or people doing good) who aren't likeable (or necessarily completely sane). Violence, real violence not PG-rated, Sunday afternoon made for TV violence, horrific actions. Grown ups.

Having said all that, I think this was probably for me the most light and fluffy of the three books as (I believe) it concludes the trilogy. The first book for me was sooo dark and hopeless I felt quite ill
Livia
I liked that this third novel had a lot of crazy moments with dashes of humor thrown in and the drama of bringing down the Tower syndicate. Some of my favorite statements/moments;

"This man may have been a killer, but he was no murderer. The distinction was small, but important." - Ch. 3, Sera describing Kris when they first met during a showdown at the Tower estate.

"My sister's missing, my grandmother has Alzheimer's, Julia Tower wants me dead and you're turning out to be a pain in the ass." - C
Shelley
Mar 14, 2012 rated it really liked it
*Genre* Paranormal Romance
*Rating* 3.5-4

*My Thoughts*

It's actually a shame that this was only a 3 part trilogy with Oath Bound being the conclusion. I would have liked to see if Cam and Olivia found a way to get out from under Cavozos thumb and find their own brand of HEA.

Normally, I'm one that finds alternating POV's irritating and loathsome. There have been some exceptions to my complaining recently and this is one of them. I don't think the story would have worked otherwise had we not been a
Isamlq
Aug 13, 2012 rated it it was ok
I’d liken this to a B-movie. Some interesting bits, whole stretches of fast (too fast) whatever’s all the while riddled with, and I’m sorry here, but cheesy lines of the aw shucks variety. Case in point: him calling her the human superlative… being the most… everything. I think I was supposed to hear my heart go pitter-patter for him/her/them, instead… well, gag me, is all.

But credit where it’s due: this whole world is an interesting one of world of specials and killers who don’t want to be kil
AH
Mar 14, 2012 rated it really liked it
This is one of the neatest series I've read in a while. You have a group of people with Talents such as Finders, Travelers, Binders, Jammers, and Seers. These people work for one of two large mafia-style families. These people are bound into servitude and can not go against their masters. There are loopholes - and they are quite clever. Even the devil can't write contracts like these.

In this third book of the Unbound series, the focus is on Kris Daniels and his love interest Sera. The battle is
"E"
May 21, 2013 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed reading what seems to be the final book in this series. It was fun to see all of the previous characters again and some resolution with the Tower Syndicate. However, there were a few things I had issues with. First, the romance. I didn't really see the connection between Kris & Sera. It really did come off as Sera just searching for someone to cling to since she'd lost everyone she cared about and Kris seemed to still be hung up on Noelle.

Second, while Kori was very abrasiv
Lexxie (un)Conventional Bookworms
Romance, sexiness, violence, mystery and amazing twists and turns!

Full review to come soon...

This and all my other reviews are originally posted on my blog Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews
Tia
May 07, 2013 rated it it was ok
Overall, wasn't too impressed. I loved Kori but the whole fact that they pretty much ended her character and put a new one in her place, made me turn away from the novel. This whole novel is pretty much a walking cliche. I think Rachel screwed the pooch on this one.
Rana
Feb 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
4.5

This book had a good story,it continued where shadow bound left off, and it had me laughing from the beginning to the end. I'm sorry to say bye to this series, the flow between the characters and the flow of the plot were great.
Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey)
Mar 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audio
Review to come.
The End! (Spoiler Alert) 1 3 Mar 19, 2016 08:50PM
What will Rachel Vincent's next adult series be about? 1 18 Apr 14, 2013 02:26PM
  • Rogue Descendant (Nikki Glass, #3)
  • Binding the Shadows (Arcadia Bell, #3)
  • Terminated (Revivalist, #3)
  • Wrong Ways Down (Downside Ghosts, #1.5)
  • Hot Blooded (Jessica McClain, #2)
  • Lust for Life (WVMP Radio, #4)
  • Deadly Sting (Elemental Assassin, #8)
  • Of Shadow Born (Shadow World, #4)
  • Dark Days (Black London, #6)
  • The Eldritch Conspiracy (Blood Singer, #5)
  • House Rules (Chicagoland Vampires, #7)
  • Lure of the Wicked (Dark Mission, #2)
  • Double Cross (The Disillusionists #2)
  • The Keep (The Watchers, #4)
  • The Stone Demon (The Iron Witch, #3)
  • Under Suspicion (Underworld Detection Agency, #3)
  • Eventide (Dark Ink Chronicles, #3)
  • Hell Bent (Broken Magic, #1)
[Note: Though Rachel's blog entries are cross posted here, she does not frequent Goodreads. The best ways to contact her are FB, Twitter, or her Wordpress blog. PLEASE DO NOT SEND HER MESSAGES HERE. SHE DOES NOT CHECK THEM.]

A resident of Oklahoma, Rachel Vincent has a BA in English and an overactive imagination, and consistently finds the latter to be more practical. She shares her workspace with

Unbound (3 books)
  • Blood Bound (Unbound, #1)
  • Shadow Bound (Unbound, #2)
“I liked that about her. I liked how laid back she was, when she wasn’t trying to stab me.” 13 likes
“... you just turned down the woman who put a marshmallow duck in your hot chocolate. I hope you feel like a real asshole now.” 10 likes