Start by marking “Highland Promise (Sisters by Choice, #2)” as Want to Read:
Highland Promise (Sisters by Choice, #2)

Highland Promise

(Sisters by Choice #2)

Ordered by King Alexander to wed an Englishwoman, Laird Brendan Sutherland heads to England to wed the sister of his best friend's wife. Having no use for love, he intends to beget a few heirs and forget the lass. After being falsely accused of the Sin of Eve when she was twelve, Lady Faith of Hawkhurst hides her beauty beneath a hideous disguise, becoming a hag in public. ...more
Published January 16th 2012 by Champagne Books

To ask other readers questions about Highland Promise, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Highland Promise

Miranda

3.5 STARS!!

I enjoyed this book. There was plenty of banter, moments that made me laugh, adventure and love all wrapped up in it. The ending was great. Never saw that coming. I thought the bad guy was someone else. ;)

The heroine, Faith was an ok character. At times she got on my nerves but for the most part she was enjoyable. She keeps on an ugly disguise until after she's married. I was thankful when she did away with it. I got rather tired of the ruse.

Brendon, the hunky and gorgeous Highland
Kristy Mills
Ordered by his king, Brendan is off to England to get an English wife. He promised his best friend's wife, Alera, he would wed her sister (by choice), Faith. Faith is desperately trying to get to Scotland so she can join a convent and become a nun. When their paths cross, Brendan tells her he will take her to Scotland, except he has no intentions of dropping her off at the Abby.

Well this one didn't capture my like the first one book did. I think Highland Captive would be hard to follow up. With
Lisa Elliott
Mar 20, 2012 rated it really liked it
Love that we get to revisit past characters from this series. I look forward to the next book, and hope you find as much enjoyment as I did with reading this series. It's fun, whimsical and truly relates the time period and places with vivid details.
Diana
Nov 23, 2012 rated it really liked it
I didn't expect to enjoy this book as much as I did. The author's voice was a good one, with nice pacing and comedic breaks. Funny, spunky and intelligent heroines, exasperating Highlanders: I will defintely be looking for more of her tiltes.
Virginia Tican
Jan 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The temptation of Man towards carnality is always blamed on the unsuspecting woman (this is of course based on the premise that the woman is innocent and is just being what she is) and in this case truly beautiful as God made her ~ as is Faith Hawkhurst. And so her oldest brother Rawlins had incestuous feelings and hurt and almost raped her. And so lusted the priest that came after the good Father Valens, Father Abernathy who had Faith doing penance by requiring her to recite long litanies on he ...more
Fatima
Apr 30, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
"Ordered by King Alexander to wed an Englishwoman, Laird Brendan Sutherland heads to England to wed the sister of his best friend's wife. Having no use for love, he intends to beget a few heirs and forget the lass. After being falsely accused of the Sin of Eve when she was twelve, Lady Faith of Hawkhurst hides her beauty beneath a hideous disguise, becoming a hag in public. She believes she must enter a convent and live a life of penance or suffer perpetual damnation.Learning her brother intends ...more
Mar 16, 2013 rated it liked it
This had some very laughable moments.

A story of a young girl who has been tortured with guilt and penance since the age of childhood. We are taken to present day, where Faith our tortured heroine is coming to her fateful day of meeting prince .... um charming. He's a handsome highlander if you haven't already guessed, and on a mission.

His mission happens to be jumping from behind bushes claiming to save his band of warriors, Faith.

We are taken on their journey of happiness from all stages of w
Doris
Aug 14, 2014 rated it really liked it
I really do like this story line- Faith punishes herself by pretending to hide who she is, she is always wearing a disguise to hide her true beauty. When Faith tries to be a heroine and gets in trouble, she runs into the dark and handsome and soulful Brendan, and they have to make some serious choices to save themselves and the day.
Brendan was actually out looking for Faith to make her his wife, even though he didn't really want to - but he cant resist her, and he eventually changes his mind abo
Bob Platypire
Aug 21, 2014 rated it really liked it
***I received an e-copy in exchange for an honest review***

This was ADORABLE! Such a sweet romance between an Englishwoman and a schmexy highlander. I loved the headbutting the two of them did, and have a serious book crush on more than one highland warrior. I like to try and figure out who the "bad guy" is, but this one had me fumbling around and second guessing myself almost until the very end, which is something I love.

The characters were endearing, and I could really feel for Faith, her str
Modesty_b
a good enough story but I have some issues with it.... I couldn't stand the extreme christian beliefs of the heroine coz they are not beliefs in God but in the perverted priest who likes giving extreme punishments... AND we never get to know what ever in the hell motivates the villain of the story to kill innocent people... he dies in an avalanche & I'm a bit miffed that he didn't reveal anything before he died nor there were any epiphanies after he died as to what the reasons were*Grrr..... ...more
Tammy Hall
Aug 18, 2014 rated it really liked it
I must admit that I was a little put off by elements of this book. Lady Faith was almost on the side of irritating and the disguise element lasted a little to long for me however, I was able to put these thoughts aside and found myself almost spell bound by the rest of the book. I needed to know if Brenden could ever find himself wrapped up in love or if he would walk away from it. The romance in Highland Promise took my breath away there was something almost magical about it. I truly did enjoy ...more
Vee
May 27, 2012 rated it liked it
After reading Highland Captive and Highland Treasure, I was so looking forward to this one. Well, it did not live up to my expectations, Faith was anoying, I guess it showed her age, 17 years old. Never the less I am looking forward to Highland Legacy - Michael and Chris' story. Release date still pending.
Dalene
Aug 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
First, I would like to thank the author Mary McCall for giving me this book for an honest reveiw. I enjoyed reading this book, there was a lot of fun along with the seriousness of the situations. The characters are well developed and written and very fun. The story-line is very good and so was the world building. I look forward to reading more books from this author.
April
Jun 23, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This is the second in the Highland Sisters series and every bit as good as the first. Brendan really gets a surprise when the mask is shed, and she is a handful for him to deal with, which is what he deserves. I have read this book 7 or 8 times and never tire of it.
Amanda Penley
Feb 21, 2015 rated it liked it
Was cute and funny. not a best seller or anything but still a good read
Kat Valencia-Benitez
Sep 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Enjoyed this book a lot. Its funny and romantic. Love the characters as well. Im confused about roland though.. Revenge for what?
Lisa Belcastro
Great book! Read it in two days. Was surprised, and loved not figuring out who the "bad guy" was.
Connie Ballesteros
Jul 16, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: historical, romance

Fun read!
Heather
May 27, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: medieval
2.5 Stars. DNF at 62%. I was going to skim but Faith is just TSTL.
Tiffany
Jul 14, 2014 rated it really liked it
MEEP I love highlanders!! review to come Aug. 21st as part of a blog tour.
Sonja
Jul 30, 2012
Jeney
Jun 25, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Unwanted (The MacLauchlans, #3)
  • Warrior of the Isles (Men of the Isles, #2)
  • The Border Laird's Bride (Borderland Brides #2)
  • Walks Alone
  • Bound by Wish and Mistletoe (Highland Legends #1.5)
  • My Brave Highlander (Highland Adventure #3)
  • Lessons in Loving A Laird (Highland Knaves, #2)
  • Mail-Order Bride (Mail Order Series, #1)
  • The Bounty Hunter's Bride
  • The Angel of Blythe Hall: A Historical Novel
  • The Scandal Before Christmas (The Reckless Brides, #3.5)
  • The Pirate Daughter's Promise (Pirates & Faith, #1)
  • Seven-Night Stand
  • Wee William's Woman (Clan MacDougall, #3)
  • The Dark One: Dark Knight (De Russe Legacy, #5)
  • Sunset Fire (Vikings of Honor, #1)
  • T'on Ma
  • The Devil's Necklace (Necklace Trilogy, #2)

Sisters by Choice (3 books)
  • Highland Treasure (Sisters by Choice 0.5)
  • Highland Captive (Sisters by Choice, #1)