Start by marking “Tegan's Blood (The Ultimate Power, #1)” as Want to Read:
Tegan's Blood (The Ultimate Power, #1)

Tegan's Blood

(The Ultimate Power #1)

Her heart is broken and bleeding. But her blood is going to get her into trouble.

Tegan wonders if it is possible to die of a broken heart. For over two months she has grieved and not left the confines of her apartment in Tribane city. Following her friend Nicky’s advice, she is now going to step outside and start her life over again.

On her very first night outdoors, Tegan
Published January 30th 2012 by L.H Cosway

Start your review of Tegan's Blood (The Ultimate Power, #1)
Andrea
The plot of Tegan's Blood was a predictable mishmash of other vampire stories and episodes of Buffy, but that still could have been enjoyable if it weren't for the character of Tegan herself.

I can't remember the last time I read such a spineless, defeated, and annoying main character. She spouts antagonistic tough talk and then backs it up by letting every stranger in the vicinity walk all over her and her common sense past the point of a death wish.

In the very first chapter, Tegan is cornered
Amanda
Sep 27, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2012
What a surprising book. I started this book with no expectations other than the description. The first part of the book was slow moving and not all that eventful. I was afraid that I would lose interest and have to stop reading it. However, by about 1/3 of the way through, the story picked up and I became engaged in the story and what was occurring. By the end, I couldn't put the book down and was anxiously waiting to read more.

Tegan was a complex character. I enjoyed her and it was so easy to c
C.
Apr 13, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I could talk about this book for a while, so bear with me. Tegan’s Blood is nothing short of wonderful. It's a unique vampire novel that crosses a lot of literary genres, and I'm so glad I read it.

One of the greatest draws in the book is Tegan herself. First of all, that’s the coolest name I’ve heard in a while. As someone who has the same name as half of Henry VIII’s wives, I’m always drawn to people with lovely and interesting names. It really fits her personality in that it’s a bit mysteriou
Melissa
Mar 18, 2013 rated it it was ok
Tegan gets involved with a secret society of vampires and discovers with a shock that supernatural beings are very real. The city where she lives is full of them! The south side of Tribane is vampire territory while the north belongs to the Slayers, Dhamphirs, and the magic wielding humans--witches, warlocks, and sorcerers. The ensuing events reveal Tegan's deeper involvement. Ethan and the other vampires all feel attracted to Tegan because of her alluring blood scent. Tegan is a descendant of a ...more
VampireRomanceBooks ThatsErotica
If you are getting a little tired of reading the typical Paranormal romance book where girl-meets-Vampire and they instantly fall for each other with no rhyme or reason, then Tegan’s Blood may be the little bit of fresh air that you need. It is a refreshing read with a strong character that sticks to her guns and doesn’t allow anyone to push her around, not even a very sexy Vampire named Ethan. Ethan, and all other vampires around her, is instantly attracted to Tegan and she can’t trust that Eth ...more
Casey Keen
Feb 23, 2014 rated it liked it
Tegan is troubled. The man she loved committed suicide in their home and the guilt and sadness she feels is immense. As she tries to carry out her daily life, she unexpectedly gains the attention of Ethan, a vampire. Her blood is special and a lot of supernatural beings can sense it, putting her in danger.

Tegan's Blood was an interesting book, but lacked originality. Now, I'm not knocking the book for this. It was a good read and I know that coming up with a complex and original plot is challen
Jun 28, 2012 rated it it was amazing
i got this book today because it was free and i have to say if it wasnt free i would of paid for it i started to read the book and i tried to stop buti couldnt its one of those books you start to read and cant stop til its finished i cant wait to start on book 2 but im gonna try to hold off on buying it till this weekend so i have a good book to read cant wait to read it though im also gonna get the other book by this author that isnt in this series i cant rember the name but i love the sample o ...more
CeCe
Jan 19, 2014 rated it liked it
This was okay. Tegan was not my favorite. She told everyone everything. She was strong one minute and then (in my opinion) did ridiculous things in the next.

There is pining for the boyfriend, Matthew, that committed suicide in her bathtub. I was not able to connect with Tegan and Ethan, the hero. There were limited amount of scenes with them. I felt like this book did a lot of background and set-up for the rest of the books in the series. Not sure yet if I will read the other books in the serie
Kenya Wright
Jul 12, 2012 rated it really liked it
Damn it! I had a long review and when I saved it... the damn thing had that "goodreads capacity" message!

ROOOOOOOAAAR!

Either way, this was a great book!

It didn't tell me the purpose to life or change my outlook on mankind within society. . .but it did mess with my emotions:

At times I was heartbroken for the main character.

Other times I was hot and bothered for the hero!

Love it.
Maria Monteiro
Nov 03, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites

I loved this book it was better than I excepted it to be. I stayed up late reading it and woke up early to finish it. I love Tegan lived a paranormal world at many times acted like a normal girl would. My heart broke for her. i wanted to her take her pain away . And yes I'm in love with Ethan, he's perfect.This book really does have it all. I can't wait to read the next one.
Dana Funicello
Jul 11, 2012 rated it really liked it

Once again L.H. Cosway does not disappoint! I have read book 1&2 in two days. Looking forward to the third book in this series. Thank you for being so creative in your story telling.
Elizabeth
Sep 25, 2012 rated it did not like it
I don't know why this is rated so highly. Tegan is annoying. The whole book is her being explained things to. Boring. And definitely not a romance.
Katherine McCarthy
Feb 03, 2012 rated it it was amazing
My Thoughts
You know when you pick up a novel and are so captivated that you stay up all night until it’s read, well Tegan’s Blood is one of those novels. I read it in one sitting. It’s so well written and expertly delivered that it’s impossible to stop once you start. When I cooked dinner, I had my Kindle read it to me (even with that awful monotone voice). When my eyes got tired, I did the same. I just could not put it down!

L.H. Cosway delivers a first-rate Urban Fantasy tale of vampires, magik
Mischa
Apr 14, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2020
I really enjoyed this one towards the end. However, the beginning was very, VERY "teen romance" (not the good kind), and I had no idea why does the hero even like the heroine except for her supernatural stuff, so it wasn't even a good romance in general. Not to mention that there was a lot of the "other women are sl*ts and b*tches except for me or my friends of course" and we cannot forget the "waitress blatantly flirts with my man in front of me" trope.

But then, since the second half of the boo
Beanimous
May 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
This book is surprisingly good. I enjoyed every moment with it. It is exciting, it is fun, it is magical and enchanting.

I found the heroine very lovable and admired the writer's skill in making her character felt alive and vivid even when the author didn't pour lengthy descriptions of her in the book. You get a vague description of attributes of her physicality, but her personality and spirit is very alive in every page.

I love the dialogue, I love the heroine's innocence and cluelessness. It is
Katie
I liked this book. I didn't think it was as good as other books I have read by this author though (the books I have read have been really quite different but I just didn't get that same feeling from this one). I liked the storyline with its mixture of magic and vampires. That being said though, I felt that more could have happened to make the story a bit more interesting. I would read more books from this series.
dumbells
May 06, 2014 rated it did not like it
Siiiiigh! I really, really hate to give such a low rating for an author that i truly enjoy reading. She was such a delightful discovery for me and she is getting so much better by each new book she publishes. I guess this is why it's so hard to have to battle it out with her earlier works.
Why i gave such a low rating is mostly because of the main charter. She was just... ugh i can't even try to explain how hard to relate she was without going on a rant. I am trying to avoid those since i DO res
Ying Yuvejwattana
Jul 20, 2014 rated it really liked it
4.5 Paranomal Stars

I shouldn't underestimate L.H. Cosway. She is my favorite authors. I bought all her contemporary romances and love all of them. I didn't think she will do well at PR too, but I am wrong.
Tegan's Blood is freebie on Amazon now, so I think I will just flip open to see how good it is. I didn't expect myself to finish it quickly. And here I am, can't put it down and already one-click the next book!
If you love great paranormal with sexy vampires, good-looking slayers and warlocks,
Gracie
Aug 20, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I must say, that the paranormal genre is not my forte, however Tegan and Ethan quickly became a favorite!! Tegan's blood literally is something special and a mytery as to why. Tegan is a protaganist that has suffered a great loss. At the beginning of this story she is persuaded by her best friend to finally try to go out and have a good time. Tegan is not one that is "sissy" weak and falls apart needing a man to resue her. Quite frankly she realizes she needs to do it for herself to move on. The ...more
Brooke
Sep 20, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Tegan hasn't left her apartment in two months... her heart is broken, and she is trying to piece her life back together again. Finally she is talked into going out with her friend, Nicky. Suddenly Tegan finds herself part of a world she didn't know existed... and at the center of it are a cast of interesting characters... from her new boss, to an unlikely friend, and the mysterious, yet intriguing Ethan, Tegan is learning who she really is, and that she is surrounded by those who want to get to ...more
Faedivagal
Aug 26, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I only review books that are worth reviewing....and this certainly fits into that catergory!! I NEED book three NOW!!!(and book 3 is not released until 2013!! *I sink to my knees and bury my head in my hands while letting out a prolonged high pitched shriek(that can only be heard by non-humans lol ;) Tegan and Ethan are my favorite characters, followed by Rita,oh and Delilah....so many great characters! Both books 1&2 are written well enough to draw the reader into the world of vampires,witches, ...more
Donna
Jul 26, 2012 rated it it was amazing
L.H. Cosway sent this book quite a while ago an honest review. I finally got around to reading it. I waited because,honestly, I am so tired of vampire stories. Well, this is not your average run of the mill vampire story. This is a fabulous, expertly written novel. It is a fantastic beginning to a series.

I could hear Tegan in my head. I was hooked from page one. Her grief is palpable. I wanted to cry with her. Ethan is a vampire, and no, he doesn't shine in the sunlight. He is warm and caring wi
Carrie
Sep 20, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2012
Wow -- this book was so much better than I was expecting! I stumbled upon this book using my usual contemporary paranormal romance search and it sat on my kindle for a little while. Well, once I started this book, I couldn't put the thing down! While a few previous books I've read have run into the issue of introducing too many characters and too many plotlines, this book was just right. Loved the characters (especially Rita, who really reminded me of Karen Marie Moning's Dani) and loved the sto ...more
Merissa (Archaeolibrarian)
Feb 05, 2013 rated it really liked it
What a fantastic storyline and very well executed! The writing is almost flawless but of such an excellent quality that you are quite happy to overlook the few grammatical errors that are present.

This book gripped me from start to finish and definitely left me wanting more. There are so many characters in this book that you feel for and some that you take an instant dislike to - which is not always an easy thing to accomplish for an author.

The pace of this book is continuous but with a build up
Jacqueline
This was an interesting story, imaginative and lively. Tegan is suffering from grief following the suicide of her boyfriend and her grief is quite sensitively handled even while she's discovering who she really is and learning who to trust.
There was a little sexual tension between Tegan and Ethan, the hot 277 year old vampire but that's not really the focus of this story, which was a shame I thought. No sex scenes at all, bummer :(
I didn't like the ending in this at all, it was left open I suppo
Esther Byrt
May 15, 2012 rated it liked it
This book started out great but the second half seemed rushed. The main character, Tegan, does things that make no sense in the context of what we know in the story. The final action showdown is more "tell" than "show" and seems anti climactic. The book could also benefit from a good proof reading. Throughout the author used "passed" where it should be "past" and several other errors. All in all a good book and I look forward to reading more from this author. Just hope her future books are bette ...more
Jessica Gardea
May 08, 2012 rated it it was amazing
this book caught me off guard! it was way more than What I expected. Tegan was a considerate girl and she put her friends safety first. when she starts to unravel more about the past I am shocked! her life is so complicated and the fact that she worries more about others than herself it brave. Ethan is just so egotistic it's amusing but he really cares for Tegan's and That makes up for it. I can't wait to read the sequel!!!!
Britanee
Jul 11, 2012 rated it it was amazing
i wasn't quite sure about this book when i first started reading it but it quickly became one that i couldn't put down! i read pretty quickly but this one was by far my fastest read yet. i wanted to know what was going to happen & my stomach was in knots. i found myself frequently holding my breath while turning the pages, anxious to find out what was going to happen next. i got this for free for my kindle & HAD to buy the 2nd book...which i loved just as much as this one. ...more
Schelle
Sep 21, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: e-book
Good but not great. Perhaps lacking a little in depth, how Tegan can progress from housebound emotional incompetent to falling for Ethan is beyond me. Maybe if the time frames were different (i.e. longer between the tragedy of the ex and the finding of Ethan) I wouldn't find this such an issue. Tied with this was my issue with Tegan's commitment to Nikki, true friendships are give and take - I saw a lot of take and no give.

I will possibly have a look at Book 2, but not in a hurry.
Melissa
Oct 03, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I saw this book on a blog it was recommended. I hadn't heard of the author so I checked the book out and I loved it. Hope to read more about the series. I like the to main male characters.Finn & Ethan I want them both lol.I think tegan has a hard choice ahead of her.End the end I bet she picks Ethan over Finn.If that happens I hope Finn gets a lover to.....O I loved the shapeshifter Ira hope to finally hear more from his character. ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Raced (Driven, #3.5)
  • The Layover
  • Cutie and the Beast (Cipher Office, #3)
  • Shifting Dreams (Cambio Springs, #1)
  • Weight Expectations (Cipher Office, #1)
  • When I Lie with You (A Millionaire's Love, #2)
  • Beard Necessities (Winston Brothers, #7)
  • Black Tangled Heart (Play On, #3)
  • Beard in Waiting (Winston Brothers, #3.5)
  • His Many Demands: Book Two
  • His Many Demands: Book Three
  • His Many Demands: Book One
  • Hooked (7th and Main, #2)
  • Ticees (Ribus 7, #2)
  • The Seeker (Irin Chronicles, #7)
  • Love Thy Neighbour (Friend-Zoned, #2)
  • Taking His Shot (Hot Jocks, #7)
  • Sincerely, Arizona (Sincerely Carter, #1.5)
L.H. Cosway lives in Dublin, Ireland. Her inspiration to write comes from music. Her favourite things in life include writing stories, vintage clothing, dark cabaret music, food, musical comedy, and of course, books.

She thinks that imperfect people are the most interesting kind. They tell the best stories.

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/LHCosway

Twitter: https://twitter.com/LHCosway

Mailing List:

The Ultimate Power (4 books)
  • Tegan's Return (The Ultimate Power, #2)
  • Tegan's Magic (The Ultimate Power, #3)
  • Tegan's Power (The Ultimate Power, #4)

News & Interviews

“You know,” he says, voice still low.“I have had nothing but trouble since you walked into my life.” “I’d walk straight back out of it if only you’d let me.” 6 likes
“You need a job and I need a PA, why don’t you come and work for me?”
“No thanks, God knows what being your PA would involve.”
He laughs. “Well it would involve the usual, faxing, filing, answering the phones, taking
bookings, relieving my sexual needs, etcetera.”
“Yeah I thought as much.” I tell him, my tone doing all the rejecting for me.
“Seriously though, the offer stands. Think it over.” He tells me in a soft voice.
“I don’t have PA experience.”
“I’ll teach you,” he says, in a tone that insinuates other things.
“Sure.”
He lowers his voice. “I think I’d enjoy teaching you things.”
“Can’t say I w-would enjoy it.” Yeah, right.
“You stuttered,” he says”
5 likes