Start by marking “Beyond Moonlight (Lucky Moon, #1.5)” as Want to Read:
Beyond Moonlight (Lucky Moon, #1.5)

Beyond Moonlight

(Lucky Moon #1.5)

Note: Some of the events in this collection and More Than Moonlight have been incorporated into the second edition of Moonlight Becomes You.

Between Moonlight and Luck...

A free collection of three vignettes, occurring after Moonlight Becomes You, but before The Luckiest.

Published February 6th 2012

To ask other readers questions about Beyond Moonlight, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Beyond Moonlight

Heather C
Feb 22, 2012 rated it really liked it
This is a must read free short story for anyone who read and liked Moonlight Becomes You. I really liked getting to see where Jesse and Shane's relationship went following their story. Plus, getting a brief taste of Nick's continued downward spiral into depression and his addictions. Can't wait for his book The Luckiest to be released soon.
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
What can I say, I loved this hot group of shorts by this dynamic writing duo! It just made me want Nick's story even MORE. More more more more Piper and MJ!!
Chris
Feb 04, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Excellent collection of three short stories that take place after Moonlight Becomes You , but before the forthcoming The Luckiest . The first one tied up a loose end from Moonlight, and the second two bridge into The Luckiest.
Jordie.R
Feb 06, 2012 rated it it was amazing
First read Moonlight Becomes You and then, when you want more of Shane, Jesse, Kayden and Nicky, read this. It will help make the wait for The Luckiest a little easier:).
❧Gwendolyn❧A Bookish Berkeley Girl❧
Oh My Gosh, I'm glad I went back after book 1 and read this it is so not to be missed...It has awesomess inside♥
Heather♥
Feb 07, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Loved how hot Shane and Jesse were together, so tender and romantic too. And then there's Nicky...
Ami
Feb 06, 2012 rated it liked it
While I still grumble over the way the story went on Moonlight Becomes You (you just need to see my review on the reasons), I cannot really complain on how these three short stories (FREE!) go. The first two stories are about Shane and Jesse, after, and it's sweet and quite romantic. The last one is a bridge to the sequel, "The Luckiest", which will be released in March 2012. I think it'll be interesting to read Nick's story after reading his short story here.
Deeze
May 26, 2012 rated it it was ok
Nothing too special. A couple of brief sweet scenes with Jesse and Shane but mostly just a excuse for quick sex. (view spoiler)

The 3rd short gives us a brief look at Nick I assume to set the stage for his story. After that I'm not sure I really want to read more about him. I am curious though if the authors can actually get me to change my mind about the jerk lol.
Rissa (an M/M kinda Girl!!)
This was a quick hot read!! We get to see Shane & Jesse finally come together (well as Shane & Jesse)...it's tooth achingly sweet :) We get some some really hott action as well. Now Nick...you get a glimpse into how he 'handles' his problems, so when you start The Luckiest you'll have a bit of an idea of how he's been dealing.

This was a fabulous series...I enjoyed both books & also the free reads! I'd definitely recommend it to others.
Jacq ~
Aug 10, 2013 rated it really liked it
This truuuuuue love. HEA for them :)
Aղցela W.
May 05, 2016 rated it liked it
This book was too short
Isabella
Ahhh, my boys are back!!! YUMMMM!!!!
Joelle
Jul 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019-sh-recs
Reading this makes me remember just how much I loved Shane and Jesse. They were so sweet together as kids and I love seeing them together again.

I'm not sure about how I feel about Nick's scene though. Honestly, I really didn't like him much...Until he meets Luka anyway.
Lena Grey
Oct 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
Aftermath
Shane has finally figured out that Kayden, his rival, is, indeed Jesse, his proverbial one that got away then have to immediately go onstage. After performing what seems like the longest concert of their lives, they ache to get together, but know they still have to wait a while. The rest of their band is shocked to hear Jesse and Shane declaring their devotion and take the news that Kayden is actually their old band member, Jesse, with varying degrees of acceptance. They all need time t
Kathy
Oct 05, 2013 rated it really liked it
Lucky Moon 1.5
Beyond Moonlight (Lucky Moon, #1.5) by Piper Vaughn Beyond Moonlight by Piper Vaughn and M.J. O'Shea
This is a collection of three vignettes that take place between Moonlight Becomes You and The Luckiest. The three stories are:
Aftermath - Which is almost completely included in the most recent release of Moonlight Becomes You.
Affirmation - Which is also almost completely included in the most recent release of Moonlight Becomes You.
Allegiance - Which for the first time gives us the story from Nick's point of view.
Sandra
I'm pretty sure that these were all in the edition of Moonlight Becomes You that I read.

Aftermath– "It felt so perfect. They were finally touching the way it was meant to be. No anger, no resentment, just wonder."

Affirmation– "The last leg of the tour, after that concert at Madison Square Garden, had been like a fantasy. Part of him still expected that any second he'd wake up and it would've all been a dream."

Allegiance– "He started walking, feeling a little unsteady on his feet, with only one t
Sophia
Jan 15, 2014 rated it really liked it
This set of three vignettes that are the follow up to Moonlight Becomes You were the perfect resolution to that book and prelude to the next one.

I only had one gripe about the first book and that was solved with these little pieces that give closure for Shane & Jesse as well as a peek in to how passionate they can get.

This shouldn't be read in isolation due to it really being just follow-up and part of the previous book's plot nor should it be read before the first book because of serious
KV Taylor
May 22, 2012 rated it really liked it
Adorable vignettes about the guys from Moonlight Becomes You. I love seeing the stuff that has to be left off the page/comes after the story when I'm really into characters, so these were super fun for me. Loads of Jesse/Shane sexing and cooing over each other, plus a few moments I'd kind of thought about while reading the book ("Wonder if they talked about that...?"), which is always awesome.

But the best was Nicky's vignette at the big gay wedding. Just because he's such a horrible (read: aweso
Elizabetta
In this interlude between Moonlight Becomes You andThe Luckiest we get more Shane and Jesse up close and personal. They make up for lost time in this decadent romp. It seems that this also acts as a set up for more of Nick's story and boy does he have some surprises in store... me likee.
Monica Alexander
Jul 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I really liked these short stories about Jesse and Shane and getting to see them together after everything they went through to find their HEA in "Moonlight Becomes You". I also really loved Nick's story since it was such a great way to showcase where his head was at in the start of "The Luckiest". He's by far my favorite character in this series, and I love reading things from his perspective. He just doesn't hold back, but you can also see how vulnerable he is and how he needed someone like Lu ...more
Brooklyn
Nov 18, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: freebies, romance-mm
I read the second edition of Moonlight Becomes You, so most of this was a re-read of some of the sweeter moments between Jesse and Shane. I was able to skim them because they were somewhat fresh in my memory. But the little bit with Nick at the end definitely set me up for book 2, The Luckiest.
Kendra T
Feb 05, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mm, musicians
This just keeps getting better! I held off reading these 3 shorts until I could get all 3 together because I am impatient. Once I started, I'd want more. Of course that still holds true because now I want Nicky's story! Awesome as always. (view spoiler). Can't wait for the next one and hope to see much more Jesse and Shane!
Nic
Feb 03, 2013 rated it really liked it
This short story falls perfectly between Moonlight Becomes You and The Luckiest.
It opens with some beautiful scenes between Shane and Jesse as they explore their re-found love. It closes with a glimpse of the terribly unhappy, doped up and slutty Nick as a fabulous hook into book #2.
Karen
Apr 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars--love these free Lucky Moon shorts! They're a very nice way to wrap up the previous book and intro into the next. A great HEA for Shane and Jesse. Looking forward to reading Nick's story next.
Christine
Jul 10, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebooks
Enjoyed this book as well. I like seeing Jesse & Shane overcome the past to be together and I kind do & don't wanna see what happens next book with Nicky. He's like a train wreck that you seeing gonna happen but can't stop.
Tame
Mar 27, 2012 rated it liked it
these short stories once again involved Jesse & Shane, with the last story mostly being about Nick and the harbinger to The Luckiest---this is after Jesse & Shane finally come together as adults, and what they mean to each other both personally & professionally. Loved them!
Riina Y.T.
Lovely! But I think all scenes are now included in the latest (2014) edition of Moonlight Becomes You
Page Crusherz
Mar 30, 2012 rated it really liked it
great...I think they work well with the novels.
Tantri Setyorini
Mar 17, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: mm-romance
I can't find moonlight becomes you in my country so it's good I can read the story to know how shane and jesse's ending. Love it.now nick makes me curious. What will happen to him in the luckiest.
♥J ♥
Jan 25, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm
OOh that just wraps things up so nicely! These little freebie extras are delightful :-)

• Beautiful Harmony (Conquest, #5.5)
  • Like the Taste of Summer
  • Heartstrings
  • Brandon's Laughter
  • Lazy Sundays (Lazy Days #1)
  • Kiss
  • Sexy Spring Surprise (Heaven Sent, #2.5)
  • Be a Bad Boy
  • Dirty Laundry (COP Birthday Bash Free Short)
  • Tabloid Trouble (Missing Butterfly, #1.5)
  • American Love Songs
Piper Vaughn is a queer Latinx author and longtime romance reader. Since writing their first love story at age eleven, they’ve known writing in some form was exactly what they wanted to do. A reader to the core, Piper loves nothing more than getting lost in a great book.

Piper grew up in a diverse neighborhood in Chicago and loves putting faces and characters of every ethnicity in their stories, ma

Lucky Moon (3 books)
  • Moonlight Becomes You (Lucky Moon, #1)
  • The Luckiest (Lucky Moon, #2)
  • Moonstruck (Lucky Moon, #3)