Start by marking “The Gray Witch's Grimoire” as Want to Read:
The Gray Witch's Grimoire

The Gray Witch's Grimoire

Finally!...In the spirit of the ancient wise-woman, a magickal formularia to guide you through the mysteries of witchcraft. With "The Gray Witch's Grimoire" you can empower yourself through ancient mysteries, secret rites, and magickal spells that leave the world of the mundane behind and nurture the wise-woman in us all.
Published May 25th 2012 by Moon Books/John Hunt Publishing

To ask other readers questions about The Gray Witch's Grimoire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Gray Witch's Grimoire

Start your review of The Gray Witch's Grimoire
Anna
Jul 28, 2012 rated it it was ok
A very basic, very average witchy book. Nothing new to be learnt here, simple regurgitation of what most people already know instinctively. It was also a bit too small - why pagan writers think they can get away with the bare minimum of word counts is beyond me.
Valerie
Feb 15, 2014 rated it it was ok
I had high hopes for this book. I really did. After reading the pages available as a preview, and going through the reviews available on Amazon, I was excited! Finally, a book that took (what I believe to be) a realistic perspective on Witchcraft – that all parts of it are to be respected, not feared.

I wish I could say I wasn’t disappointed. For one, its short. Less than 200 pages. (If I had the ability to focus I once did, I could read it in one sitting.) For another, it doesn’t really address
Iesha
Apr 08, 2014 rated it really liked it
Lovely book, great to read and informative. Wish it was a bit longer.
Misty
Nov 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: rickey
A perfect read for a newbie

Absolutely needed this read as I'm a little over a year and a day. Very practical, firm when needed, but passionate and encouraging. Couldn't have hoped for a better read!
Cynthia
Oct 21, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Solid, concise opening includes magical principles and ethics associated with gray witchcraft. The middle section, which comprises about half the book, is your basic "Wicca 101" information without the "harm none" philosophy. As a seasoned, non-Wiccan witch, I lost some interest here.

Then the spell portion turned my opinion back around. The hoodoo influences were apparent in these creatively crafted charms of a mostly darker nature. Some of them are a little basic, but I also learned a lot
Jessica
Jul 26, 2016 rated it it was ok
Another lister and tabler. There's an association for everything but no depth analysis of these associations.

Only gets two stars because it adheres to common grammatical conventions and is well organised. There is a half hearted attempt to contextualise ideas but only to very modern contexts - again a solid foundation in folklore and myth is missing.

However, there are more comprehensive guides and most spells and recipes seemed lifted from Judika Illes' Encyclopaedic works.
Betina Jackson
Aug 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great

I chose this book mainly due to the title, and my age haha. Learning through reading as much as I can I have come across a few less than helpful or accurate books. This however gives a greater insight and better understanding of why, how and when things are being, or have been, done. Great shelf filler you will pull out time after time
H.K.
Feb 02, 2015 rated it it was ok
The first two parts of this book were very remedial, as in none of the information seemed new. It was the same basic 101 stuff you'd read in any Wicca or Witchcraft book. Part 3, however, had some interesting spells which I will hang onto the book because they could prove a useful resource someday.
Misty
Jul 29, 2015 rated it liked it
This book is fairly basic. The ideas are general and able to be altered to meet ones needs. Sometimes we need a gentle reminder that things truly can be simple, yet beautiful and full of meaning.
Rona
Aug 27, 2015
Maranda Russell
May 15, 2017
robin kish
rated it did not like it
Dec 07, 2014
Dec 25, 2015
« previous 1 3 next »

• The Houseplant Encyclopedia
  • The Art of Hand Reading
  • The Healing Herbs: The Ultimate Guide to the Curative Power of Nature's Medicines
  • Heinerman's Encyclopedia of Fruits, Vegetables, and Herbs
  • Plant Magic: A Year of Green Wisdom for Pagans & Wiccans
  • Herbal Remedies for Dummies
  • The Green Pharmacy
  • Ball Complete Book of Home Preserving
  • The Secrets of Tarot
Amythyst Raine is a published author through Dodona Books & Moon Books (John Hunt Publishing); through Labyrinth House; and through Amazon & Pink Orchid Publishing.

She is a professional tarot reader and a practicing witch living in Arizona USA.

Her website:
The Witch's Corner:

Her blog:
Magickal Connections:

Her tarot website:
The Tarot
“The gray witch abhors violence, hatred, and conflict as much as the next person; but she’s not afraid to face these issues using the power she possesses to right a situation and reinstate balance. The gray witch doesn’t flinch at the earthier aspects of her craft that send the fluffy bunnies running for cover, clinging to their illusion of a perfect white world.” 2 likes
“Magic is pure energy, not an intelligent entity. This energy will move quickly through the path of least resistance.” 1 likes