Start by marking “Stage Fright (Tara Sharp, #3)” as Want to Read:
Stage Fright (Tara Sharp, #3)

Stage Fright

(Tara Sharp #3)

Tara Sharp is back in this frightening foray into the music industry.
Things are a bit hot for Tara Sharp in her home town of Perth, so she jumps at the chance to leave town when a music promoter offers her a gig looking after a difficult musician who's touring Brisbane.
Though minding musicians isn't Tara's usual line of work, the money is good and she's a sucker for a back
Published September 2012 by Allen & Unwin Pty Ltd (first published August 22nd 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Stage Fright, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Stage Fright

Emily Craven
Yet another fun installment of the Tara Sharp series. I love that each of the books has gotten more and more character driven and less skimmy in the sceens, I really felt like I was diving into the thick of things rather than feeling like an observer as I did in the first book.

I also love that this is a chicklit book where the main female character has a life and obsession outside boys. Those that have the women obsessing over their beaus with no other identity driving factors in their life, dr
Lauren K
Mar 07, 2012 rated it really liked it
Stage Fright is the third explosive installment in the Tara Sharp P.I series by Australian author, Marianne Delacourt. Stage Fright may stray from the bright fun covers of the former two titles but it does not disappoint with the aura reading Tara Sharp getting up to more ridiculous antics and getting on the radar of Australia’s most powerful men.

In an attempt to escape the attention of Viaspa (who tried to have Tara killed in the last book) in Perth, Tara accepts an investigative job in Brisba
Maree Kimberley
This 3rd installment in the Tara Sharp is a fun read from start to finish.

Tara Sharp is not your average private detective. She's tough, street smart, psychic and, at times, just a little bit of a klutz.

In this adventure she leaves her home ground of Perth and heads to Brisbane. Her job: to take on minding a slightly psychotic rapper from the USA who's looking to kick-start his flagging career.

From the bikie she meets on board her flight to Brisbane to the rabid rapper fans who have all sorts o
Jacq
Oct 21, 2012 rated it really liked it
For Chick Lit Crime aficionados we all pay homage to the leader in her field, Evanovich, and this was tipped to be the Aussie version so expectations started out quite high.
…And…? And…?
Bloody brilliant! Here is a chick lit novel without too much schmaltz that flows well, leaves no gaps in the telling and, has an interesting storyline. Set around the familiar streets in Bris-Vegas, it held my attention from start to finish. A slightly psychic detective who can read auras, break jaws, and not fuss
Juanita Kees
Aug 27, 2012 rated it really liked it
To say I was excited when this book dropped onto my review desk, would be an understatement. I love Tara Sharp's adventures. She's witty, she's quirky and she has Nick Tozzi - need I say more?

Read more at:
Marcia
Sep 03, 2012 rated it really liked it
Another enjoyable Tara Sharp adventure. Patiently waiting for the next book to be released.
Shelleyrae at Book'd Out

With it’s blend of humour, action, mystery and romance Marianne Delacourt's lighthearted crime series is always a fun read. Stage Fright is the third novel in the series featuring quasi professional sleuth and aura reader, Tara Sharp and begins a short time after the events of Sharp Turn.

When Wal asks Tara to help out a mate in Queensland, she is happy to escape Perth for a while, looking forward to a break from her complicated lack of love life, her mother and Johnny Viaspa's murderous attenti
Kelly Jones
Aug 03, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. What a fantastic story, and being set in Australia, using Aussie terminology made it seem that much more real. Tara getting dragged through some of Australia's worst kind of underbelly experiences, makes for a fascinating and often amusing read.
Tara's character is fun and quirky and relateable and I love the relationships she has with her "friends". I love how she can see auras so she can also tell well people are being dishonest or hiding things and it really helps with her l
Amy Parker
Oct 01, 2012 rated it it was amazing
As always, Marianne has hit it out of the park. ^_^

Stage Fright is a fantastic novel, and continues the ongoing story of Tara's gangland nemesis as well as introducing a whole new cast of characters. And of course, the almost-romance she has going on with sexy Nick Tozzi. ;)

I have to say my favourite new character was Slim, the neurotic rap star. One thing I've always loved about Marianne's work, under both pseudonyms, is her willingness to subvert a stereotype, and having an OCD rapper who scre
Lisa
Apr 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
Stage Fright, was definitely something I've never read before! The story has so many characters and so much going on, that at times I felt over whelmed, and at other times I had tears in my eyes from laughing to hard.

Tara Sharp is not only a expert sleuth and aura reader, but she also gets beat up with a skinned duck in hand, took a job as a strip club hostess, befriended an American rapper, and avoided all the many people that wanted to kill her for one reason or another.

But Tara's main job was
MELISSA
Aug 25, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Amazing Tara leads an complicated life so much going on .I love that Tara`s adventure starts in Perth and ends up in Brisvegas !. Funny quick moving adventure that me want to go out for a caramel milkshake !i loved reading this third instalment of tara Sharp ! ...more
Bette
Dec 13, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018
Tara sees auras and is sure she is going nuts, so she goes to a family friend who is also a psychiatrist for help. The help she is given is the name and address of Mr. Hara who can help her understand the auras. With his help she no longer thinks she is crazy but she also starts a fledgling business of detection.
Clients are beginning to contact her, but for now she is off to Brisbane to help Wal’s mate who is getting blocked out of venues for acts he is promoting in Brisbane.

This is book 3 in t
Maureen Hetzel
Nov 20, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Love this series! A PI who sees auras and reads body movement, action packed from beginning to end and well drawn secondary personalities to keep the pot boiling. A fast read as the reader can’t
Put the book down. On to book four...
Jana Gundy
Jul 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I couldn't put it down!

I love Tara and all of the trouble she gets into. This time it was a big complicated mess and she's matured a lot since the first book. Her love life is a mess but it's always interesting.
Ginger
May 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Suspenseful. Fast paced.

Tara Sharpe continues to grow as an investigator, person and the kind of friend you'd want in your corner. Plot is tight, well paced and complicated.
Barbara Dunbar
Nov 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Brisbane

Another blockbuster read! Tara leaps from one crisis to another while keeping her client safe and becoming a security chief.
Bev
Aug 27, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Thoroughly enjoyable read. If you like Stephanie Plum, Tara Sharp will give you some good laughs.
Lois Mecord
Mar 23, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was again another romp. I enjoy fun scenarios. I will continue with Tara.
wittbirds
Jul 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another fun trip

I enjoyed this book just as much as the first two. Love the characters. Love the pace and storytelling. I'm already ready for book four right now!
Katie Lavers
May 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So funny - this series keeps getting better!
Karen
Aug 08, 2012 rated it it was ok
The HK Monaro wormed it's way into my heart in 1968. Bathurst, Bruce McPhee, Hardie-Ferodo, pole position and the race lap record at that time. A life-long love of those cars was started on the lino of the kitchen in South-West Victoria, shouting at a dodgy TV telecast, enthralled. Sure, my teenage years saw a shift in preference to the HG model, and I would always opt for the dark purple HG with the sidewinder stripes and, of course, the GTS 350, with the stiffened suspension and the power fron ...more
Robyn
Jul 20, 2014 rated it did not like it
This is a fast read full of action but although it kept me turning the pages I did not feel engaged with this book. Maybe it's the genre as I don't often read crime or suspense and maybe it's because there were glaring mistakes. As a reader and writer I want the details to be correct and in this book there were two journeys from Brisbane airport which mentioned traversing the Gateway Bridge on the way to Brisbane city and Fortitude Valley. Both locations are on the northern side of the river as ...more
Robin
Mar 05, 2014 rated it liked it
I enjoyed this book more than I thought I would, considering it is derivative of Janet Evanovich's novels about Stephanie Plum and there are so many similar books in the market now about quirky female private eyes who eat junk food, lead chaotic lives and who have at least two hunky guys hanging around to provide sexual tension.

Having said that, the heroine Tara Sharp does have a point of difference - she can see auras, which helps her to suss out someone's emotional state, quite a useful skill
Christy
Aug 30, 2012 rated it did not like it
Apparently I am not in the majority of those who gave this book 4 and 5 stars, because I think even giving it one star is a stretch!

This is NOT a good book! I can't believe that the cover of this would attempt to entice Janet Evanovich fans, because this book is nothing even close to the hugely popular Stephanie Plum series, which is fantastic!

I found the writing to be poor, the plot boring, and Tara's character absolutely ridiculous! I'm all for a fun easy read, but this book is not even enjo
Ju Transcendancing
Tara Sharp is at it again, and I loved it. This time in Brisbane and a mystery surrounding concert promotion. I love that the mystery is once again coming from all angles and it's unclear until the last moment where the strife is really coming from. Bon Ames is an interesting character but Wal still tops him for me. I love the way Ed is just nonplussed despite all the drama that Tara stirs up. This is a delightful series, just the kind I like to read most.
Richard Harrison
May 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
Another super-entertaining book (and a super-quick read). I was worried taking Tara out of Perth and away from her vivid supporting cast might be a mistake but they manage to keep themselves involved over the phone. A lot of the ongoing plot lines are advanced towards the end of the book, this is definitely starting to feel like book 3 of many. Now I have to wait for book 4, dammit!
Cher
Feb 09, 2013 rated it really liked it
Much better than the first two in the series look forward to next one
Gerald E Trimble Jr
Mar 23, 2018
Kari
Nov 15, 2017
Kelly
Jul 27, 2013

• Dead Heat (Goodabri #1)
  • Peacemaker (Peacemaker, #1)
  • Who's Afraid Too?  (Tommi Grayson #2)
  • Heart of the Valley
  • A Trifle Dead (Cafe La Femme, #1)
  • Vigil (Verity Fassbinder #1)
  • The Business of Death (Death Works Trilogy, #1-3)
  • Love and Romanpunk
  • Web of Deceit (Detective Ella Marconi #6)
  • Queen of the Road
  • Bridie's Choice
  • Zoe's Muster
  • A Stranger in My Street
  • Arrabella Candellarbra and the Questy Thing to End All Questy Things
  • A Ghostly Demise (Ghostly Southern Mysteries #3)
  • Beyond The Sunset (The Swan River Saga, #2)
  • Split (Makedde Vanderwall, #2)
Marianne Delacourt is the alter ego of internationally published SF writer Marianne de Pierres.

Marianne Delacourt writes humorous crime about Tara Sharp psychic investigator who can read auras.

You can read about Marianne's books at www.mariannedepierres.com and www.burnbright.com.au and www.tarasharp.com.au

Tara Sharp (4 books)
  • Sharp Shooter (Tara Sharp, #1)
  • Sharp Turn (Tara Sharp, #2)
  • Sharp Edge (Tara Sharp, #4)