Start by marking “A Killer First Date (Drake Chronicles #3.5)” as Want to Read:
A Killer First Date  (Drake Chronicles #3.5)

A Killer First Date

(Drake Chronicles #3.5)

Published February 14th 2012 by Walker Children's

To ask other readers questions about A Killer First Date, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Killer First Date

♥Rachel♥
Mar 25, 2012 rated it liked it
A Killer First Date centered on my two favorites couple in the Drake Chronicles: Lucy and Nicholas, and Hunter and Quinn. It was a cute short story with a little bit of oh-my-heart romance, humor, and fun action.

Lucy and Nicholas are my favorite couple in the series. Their relationship started out tension filled and antagonistic. Here is Lucy’s first line about Nicholas in book one:

“He was gorgeous, there was no use in denying it, but he always knew how to make me want to poke him in the eye
Maja (The Nocturnal Library)
What can be better and/or funnier than Lucy and Nicholas on their first date? A double date with Quinn and Hunter. An excellent short story that makes waiting for the next book, Blood Moon, just a little easier.
Kirsty (Amethyst Bookwyrm)
Jun 22, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: short-story, review

A Killer First Date is set between Out for Blood and Bleeding Hearts, where Nicholas and Lucy have finally got round to having their first date at Lucy’s school carnival with Quinn and Hunter but with the Drakes nothing stays calm and simple.

This is told from the POV of both Lucy and Hunter and it has the mixture of action, romance and humour of all Harvey’s novels but for 69p it is a bargain.

What I really like abou
Amelie
Jan 02, 2016 rated it liked it
3,5 Sterne

Eine wirklich tolle Novelle zur Reihe, die ich sehr gern gelesen habe und die jedem Fan gefallen wird, weil sie ihren eigenen Spannungsbogen hatte, was man von den anderen nicht von jeder behaupten kann. Man hat hier hauptsächlich mehr von Lucy und Nicolas und von Hunter und Quinn. Da die vier ohnehin meine liebsten Charaktere waren, habe ich mich darüber natürlich sehr gefreut =) Insgesamt kann ich die Novelle also auf jeden Fall jedem empfehlen, der die Drake Chroniken mochte! Es loh
Mar 23, 2012 rated it really liked it
It's no secret that I love Alyxandra Harvey's Drake Chronicles series, these books are just so much fun to read and always have me laughing out loud all the way through! So when I spotted this short story for just 65p on Amazon UK for the Kindle I bought it without even reading the description.

Lucy has been my favourite character ever since the first book - I love her snarky sense of humour and the fact that she is so fearless despite being the only human hanging out with the Drake family - so I
A Leisure Moment
description

If you’ve read any of my reviews of Alyxandra Harvey’s book, you know it’s impossible for me not to say something about the Drake Chronicles. Seriously, once you read about the Drakes, you’ll be hooked on this smoldering group of brothers.

Vampires will always be in style, as long as there's a Drake brother attached.

Read the rest of the review, simply by following the link: http://www.aleisuremoment.com/2015/03...

description

Hearts at Stake by Alyxandra Harvey
Blood Feud by Alyxandra Harvey
Out For Blood
Bree
Feb 16, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This short book is only 40 pages long... It is a short story between the third and fourth book. POVs are Lucy and Hunter. This is short story is about Lucy and Nicholas' first date and Hunter and Quin make their appearance there as well and as always there's drama! Love The Drake Chronicles series!would highly recommend!
Celeste
Aug 12, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: novellas, thrillers
Fast read. I liked the characters. The book expects you to know quite a few things before hand but is easy to catch up. This story is however very short as in super short. Filled with action packed sequnces and a touch of romance. Worth a quick read.
Pretty in Fiction
Feb 15, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviews-by-jesse
This review was originally posted on Pretty In Fiction.

A Killer First Date: A Drake Chronicles ENovella by Alyxandra Harvey tells the story of Nicholas and Lucy's first date as well as Quinn and Hunter's. It takes place sometime between Out for Blood and Bleeding Hearts.

It was a very fluffy short story, but it still had all the action and romance that you expect from the Drakes. It may not have very much to do with the plot-line of the books, other than the characters, but it holds it's own. I w
Stephanie (Bookfever)
Feb 20, 2012 rated it it was amazing
So this e-book finds place after the third book in The Drake Chronicles series: "Out For Blood", which by the way is my favorite of the series so far. The story follows Lucy and Nicholas and also Hunter and Quinn. They all go on their first real date on a carnival. Of course it doesn't turn out the way they all want.
I was really happy to read more about Quinn and Hunter because Quinn is my favorite Drake brother and I think Hunter is the perfect girl for him. I just love the way they are togeth
Rachel
Quinn and Hunter are my favourite couple from this series, so to have Hunter's POV again was great. it was short but it's meant to be. I enjoyed the story and i just adore the characters from this series. Hunter and Lucy are such strong girls and great role models. Love them both.
Menna
Aww! So, very, unbearably, cute! Loved it. Nicholas is just a gentleman. Loved Lucy and Hunter. So, yeah. A-M-A-Z-I-I-G.
Nic
Jan 19, 2013 rated it liked it
Short and sweet and a whole lot of fun!
Bronwyn
💚💚💚💃🏿
Isabella
Jul 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2012-publication
3,5 stars. Probably higher if I had read any of the other books and been introduced to the world beforehand
Courtney
Oct 15, 2018 rated it it was ok
This short story was a little disjointed. I think there should have been just one narrator because of the length. Perhaps, I just wanted to see my favorite main characters.
Aug 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
A Killer First Date was fun little read with all the excitement and romance you expect to find when your with the Drakes.
Moriah
Mar 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
If you’ve read any of my reviews of Alyxandra Harvey’s book, you know it’s impossible for me not to say something about "The Drake Chronicles". Seriously, once you read about the Drakes, you’ll be hooked on this smoldering group of brothers. I first read "Hearts at Stake" in middle school, and finished the series last year. Six books later, and they will forever hold a special place in my heart.

While I’ve read all of the full-length books, I haven’t actually downloaded any of the e-novellas unt
v.v
A Killer First Date Summary:
Nicholas and Lucy have known each other for most of their lives, but now that they've finally admitted their feelings for each other, Nicholas wants to take her on their official first date-away from all the life-and-death drama that has surrounded them lately. Is it too much to ask for just a fun double date at the local carnival with his older brother, Quinn, and Quinn's new girlfriend, Hunter?

A Killer First Date Review:
A e-novella in the Drake Chronicles, it ta
Emily Bennett
Jan 21, 2014 rated it it was ok
So, when I finished the last book of The Drake Chronicles, there was only one thing left to do; read the e-novellas, and this was the last of the e-novellas for me to read. I sad that this was the last time I'd get to read a book from the series for the first time. I have been reading them since 2010, so I have become quite attached to the characters, and I believe that this is a fitting good-bye to The characters I have come to love so much. I'll miss them and they'll always hold a special plac ...more
Tyler-rose (The Reading Pile)
Apr 19, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: enjoyed
Review can be found at: www.the-reading-pile.blogspot.co.uk

I really enjoyed this novella, mostly because it features my two favourite couples. My favourite character is still Lucy, she's awesome. I love her sense of humour and the fact that she's the only human hanging out with the Drakes in the first book. But I really enjoyed the idea of these couples going on their first real date. They both head to the local carnival for their date, but things quickly go from great to bad to worse.

Since it's
Angela
Mar 15, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Short but it rocked my socks off!

I was surprised to find that Lucy and Nicholas were having their first date because this takes place between the last two books written. I guess it makes sense since there is always some sort danger around the corner.

Lucy and Nicholas go on their first official date at her school carnival. Hunter and Quinn are also there so this book is told from Lucy and Hunter's POV. These are perhaps my 2 favorite female characters in this book. They of course try to have a n
Shuling
Apr 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This was brilliant! I'm a fan of Lucy and Nicholas and I'm just so happy that they're going on their first date. Along with Hunter and Quinn. Like normal couples.

Except that normal was quite a stretch when it came to the Drakes though.

Instead, they got attacks, time frozen, physic vampire, love potion, cotton candy, Ferris wheel...all mixed together. Oh, and let's not forget about the kissings. Lots of kissings.

And finally, Chloe just said what I'd always wanted to say:

"I've said it before, and
Theresa
Jun 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
Fun little story about a double date between Lucy & Nicolas and Hunter & Conner at a local carnival. Of course everything goes wrong when the Hel-Blar attack, but things are complicated by an unexpected event.

It really makes the typical double date seem bland. But even though the guys are frustrated, they both come through wonderfully.

Fave Scenes: the purple bunny, the carousel and Hunter’s bed.
Rachel
This was a short little novella starring Lucy and Hunter and it describes them trying to go out on a normal date with Nicholas and Quinn to a carnival. Of course things can never be simple for them and they come across a lot of Hel-Blar and a girl who turns out to be a psychic vampire who can freeze time.
Edith Cazares
Jul 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
*Re-read in 2017*
I absolutely love Hunter & Quinn double dating with Lucy & Nick. This was definitely an interesting read and absolutely hilarious. Quinn's charm jumps right out of the page and makes you laugh and feel all warm and fuzzy. This was one of my favorite short stories alyxandria has wrote.

——-------------------———--------—

*First Read June, 2015*
Emily
May 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A Sweet Gripping Novella

I loved this short fast paced novella. The dual points of view of Lucy and Hunter fit perfectly as they have similar witty and feisty personalities. The two girls plus their hunky Drake boys attempt proper first dates but the viscous Hel-Blar can't seem to leave them alone for one evening. A great segue to Bleeding Hearts.
Amanda
Nov 17, 2012 rated it really liked it
Pretty much what it reads on the tin: A killer first date! A mix of our couples, a match of crazy that loves to throw itself in at every available turn, while people are trying to get in a good time finally, around all the insanity happening in the shotgun pace of the books themselves.

Delightful!
Teresa
Feb 14, 2012 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: fans of the Drake Chronicles series by Alyxandra Harvey
A novella of Nicholas and Lucy's first date with some Hunter/Logan in there as well. Its narrated by both Lucy and Hunter as they go on their respective dates at a school carnival that doesn't turn out how they'd planned at all. I love Nicholas and Lucy so I was really happy about this novella. It's cute and a nice edition to the Drake Chronicles series.
  • Shadow Kissed: Dimitri's POV (Vampire Academy, #3.1)
  • Resisting The Alpha (The Crane Curse, #2)
  • Seducing the Dragon: Part 4 (Stonefire Dragons, #2 part 4 of 4)
  • Loved by the Alpha (The Shadow Pack Rules, #5)
  • The Dangers of Adopting a Werewolf (Changeling Encounters, #2)
  • The Ornament: Adrian and Sheri (Ornament, #3)
  • Just a Dream (Carolina Pack, #1)
  • Bride to the Alpha (The Wolf's Pet, #2)
  • Blood of the Wolf (Wolves of Black River, #2)
  • Coercion: Part 3
  • Her Wolf, Her Protector (Claimed and Bred by the Wolf, #1)
  • Temptation (Journal of the Wolves of Spruce Hollow, #1)
  • Werewolf Rage (Taming the Wolf, #2)
www.alyxandraharvey.com

Alyxandra Harvey lives in a stone Victorian house in Ontario, Canada with a few resident ghosts who are allowed to stay as long they keep company manners. She loves medieval dresses, used to be able to recite all of The Lady of Shalott by Tennyson, and has been accused, more than once, of being born in the wrong century. She believes this to be mostly true except for the fac

Drake Chronicles (6 books)
  • My Love Lies Bleeding (Drake Chronicles, #1)
  • Blood Feud (Drake Chronicles, #2)
  • Out for Blood (Drake Chronicles, #3)
  • Bleeding Hearts (Drake Chronicles, #4)
  • Blood Moon (Drake Chronicles, #5)
  • Blood Prophecy (Drake Chronicles, #6)
“I wanted to save him from my mother.”
“She told me there was blood in the basement fridge if I was thirsty. Your mom rocks.”
“Yeah, wait until she tells Nicholas that being the bloodsucking undead doesn’t excuse him from family dinners or safe sex.”
Solange choked. “She wouldn’t.” Our glances met. “She totally would.”
“Yup,” I said.”
0 likes
“We walked the circuit, passing the food stands frying funnel cakes and burgers, and the game booths, ceilings bristling with giant, multicolored stuffed animals. I paused in front of the crossbow game.
Nicholas cocked an eyebrow. “Want me to win you a stuffed bunny?”
“Ha.” I rubbed my hands together. “I’ll win my own stuffed bunny, thanks very much.”
Nicholas passed the attendant a few dollars to pay for my turn. “I guess it’s nice to see you use your legendary aim for something other than breaking my nose,” he teased.
“The night is young,” I snapped back, lifting the plastic crossbow. “This is a pathetic weapon,” I muttered. “I couldn’t stake an undead mouse with this thing.”
“It’s supposed to be a game, remember?” he whispered, laughter in his dark voice.
I fired my three shots, all crowding into the bull’s-eye. With a triumphantly smug toss of my head, I looked at the openmouthed attendant. “I want the purple bunny.”
He tugged it down and passed it over to me. I slipped it into my bag while Nicholas shook his head.
“Dump this loser, Lucy, and run away with me. You’ll never have to win your own cross-eyed bunny again.”
I grinned up at Nicholas’s brother Quinn, who was smiling his charming smile, his arm draping casually over my shoulder. Hunter rolled her eyes at me from my other side.
“No way,” I said. “My aim’s better than yours. Plus, your girlfriend can hurt me.”
“Ooh,” Quinn said, winking. “Catfight. Hot.” He grinned. “Ouch,” he added when both Hunter and I smacked him.”
0 likes