Start by marking “ALL STORMS PASS; The Anti-Meditations” as Want to Read:
ALL STORMS PASS; The Anti-Meditations

Read Book

ALL STORMS PASS; The Anti-Meditations

4.92  ·  Rating details ·  12 Ratings  ·  8 Reviews
ALL STORMS PASS; The Anti-Meditations is a different kind of meditation book. While there are some similarities with classic meditation books there are focused on tools and inspiration but also read like puzzles and beg for discussion. Some are hopeful and some pose darker questions about life, choices, who we have been and who we are becoming.
Paperback, Large Print, 635 pages
Published January 10th 2012 by CreateSpace

To ask other readers questions about ALL STORMS PASS; The Anti-Meditations, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about ALL STORMS PASS; The Anti-Meditations

Georgette
Feb 08, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: awesome
I have read a lot of "self-help, help-myself" books in my life. I have also read many meditation books, in a quest to calm raging waters and tumultuous waves and find some peaceful valleys and tranquil trails. I have to say many of the books I have read in my life are eerily the same book, essentially given a different name, author, and cover, but in the end you put it down and go "This is the same freaking book I just read." Well, I'm happy to say Luke Benoit's book is none of that. Instead of ...more
Dorinne
Feb 08, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I found All Storms Pass to be a great collection of self-affirming and encouraging meditations. The style of the book, with a meditation on each page, lends itself to reading just one page at a time, or the whole book. The meditations touch on self esteem issues, depression, and troubled relationships, among other things. This is the kind of book I would keep around and pull out in times when I get down or need support.
Debbie
Feb 06, 2012 rated it it was amazing
When I first saw the title of the book, All Storms Pass, I thought it was a positive message about what would be found inside. Something to get us through that storm ;o), but the part about the Anti-Meditations well, let’s just say my curiosity was peaked…
I have read many spiritual, self-help and meditation books, some with meditation topics or suggestions as well as guided meditations.
This book is different. It is more than just food for thought and it’s not filled with abstract topics meant
Paula  Phillips
Jun 11, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Review: All Storms Pass - Luke Benoit-(ND)
Are you a fan of self-help and motivation ? Love reading quotes and repeating mantras to yourself ? Find that self-talk really helps you get on with your day and whatever challenges you may be heading towards or having ?
Luke Benoit has put together a collection of what he calls "The Anti-Meditation" to help you get through your day. I have always been a sucker for quotations and sayings and for a long time from the age of 11 to 18 I kept journals of quo
stormhawk
Feb 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to stormhawk by: Luke Benoit
Shelves: kindle
I love these sorts of books.

Page upon page of thoughts that bear thinking.

I'm not sure that these are "anti-meditations," though. Unless meditation is to blank the mind completely and these passages send you on a journey of deep consideration, where you find meaning that may be beyond or within the author's intent.

My only (very minor) regret is that with an electronic copy you can't riffle through and pick a page at random. But I still pretend I'm doing that.

I'm not actually finished with the
J
Feb 16, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I LOVE this book. Although I always have dozens of books on my "want to read" list, I've not only red this one once, but it's so valuable to me I'm re-reading it. I'm really picky about meditation books, the market seems pretty bloated for such tomes, however this book is a daily motivator. I received a Kindle for Christmas, and I've been enjoying this book on a daily basis. It's my very FIRST Kindle book; first purchased, first that I've read. What a wonderful choice I made! Everyone needs a bi ...more
Nisa
Feb 16, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This was a great book of positive meditations for people in all kinds of situations - most could apply to anyone, but I think there are some that are especially good for people who have trouble standing up to loved ones, or people who might be in dysfunctional relationships with their significant other, parents, friends, etc.

Some of these were so good I wrote them on sticky notes to put on my mirror! Definitely recommend.
Luke Benoit
Jan 30, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)

see these reviews of this same book on AMAZON:

Benet