Start by marking “Mastermind: The Many Faces of the 9/11 Architect, Khalid Shaikh Mohammed” as Want to Read:
Mastermind: The Many Faces of the 9/11 Architect, Khalid Shaikh Mohammed

Mastermind: The Many Faces of the 9/11 Architect, Khalid Shaikh Mohammed

3.32  ·  Rating details ·  59 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews
Draws on dozens of interviews with officials, military figures, and spies throughout the world to profile the al Qaeda terrorist behind the September 11 attacks, revealing previously undisclosed facts and details about other plots.
Published 2011 by Sentinel

To ask other readers questions about Mastermind, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mastermind

Doug
Dec 02, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not quite as good as I thought it may be, there actually wasn't too much in the way of interrogation conversations...I hoped to learn more about that. But it was interesting hearing about KSM's exploits and education in the US and about his upbringing. I felt that I learned a good deal about him I just felt that it could have been a bit more thorough in certain parts, like his capture and interrogations.
Matt Lukens
Dec 20, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was very interesting. It gave me a lot of facts about the terrorists and the planning of September 11, 2001. It went into great detail about how the terrorists went about the attacks. It was very interesting and easy to read. I would recommend it to anyone with an interest in September 11, 2001.
Anang
Dec 19, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
You won't find any "rosebud" explanations nor romantic exploration of a mass murderer's psyche. Miniter minces no words when he defines KSM as an intelligent manipulator who wants nothing more than to be a rockstar terrorist. Everything else is an act.
Doyle
Aug 02, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: terrorism
This is a very well written story of KSM, based off of the available facts and research from open sources(including interviews). Reads like a journalistic novel but does have some author opinions. The opinions are not to be discounted by any way shape or form.
Christopher Higgins
Some many books that have been written about the 9/11 attacks and it's perpetrators are impressive for their level of research and attention to detail. KSM is one of the most fascinating figures of the 9/11 story but this book seems to add little to the profile. The information presented in this book has the depth of a really long wikipedia page. Miniter seems to have little concern with the how and why KSM became the primary planner of 9/11 (especially given he was never particularly devout nor ...more
Mr. Steve
Jan 22, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: adult-nf
I just can't believe:

A) that he was able to pull off all the terrorist activity that he did
B) that he is still alive

Scumbag!
Robert
Jun 24, 2011 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Nothing new. Poor clip job.
Dinushka