Start by marking “The Manuscript (The Delphi Chronicle, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Manuscript (The Delphi Chronicle, #1)

The Manuscript

(The Delphi Chronicle #1)

The Delphi Chronicle is a serial trilogy that chronicles the saga of NY private eye Michael Derrigan, as he unwittingly comes into possession of a manuscript that will change the world order if its secrets are aired. Clandestine factions of the U.S. government will do anything to keep the secrets buried, and a trail of butchery follows Derrigan as he races for his life in ...more
ebook
Published December 2011 by Smashwords

Start your review of The Manuscript (The Delphi Chronicle, #1)
Mary
Mar 10, 2012 rated it liked it
the story for this book is good... so far. the problem is it ends at a really weird spot.and it's not that i have a problem with series, I just like each book to have a good story arc with a climax and at least a little resolution. This book was only buildup. I felt like i had read only half or less than half of a book. It ends just where it gets interesting and the action should be starting. It makes me wonder what happens in the next books, but I don't know if i'm interested enough to buy them ...more
Jim A
Jul 16, 2012 rated it really liked it
The first of three parts, The Manuscript gets the series off to a good start. Looking forward to the continuation of the serial novel.

New readers be advised: This is NOT part of a "trilogy". There is nothing 'stand alone' about this. It is part one of a three part serial novel that requires all three parts to enjoy the work. Other reviewers have called it a trilogy in error.
Mike
Nov 10, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction, kindle-ebook
This book was well written, characters well developed and loaded with action and suspense. This is book one of a trilogy and I'm looking forward to reading books 2 and 3.
Scott Whitmore
Mar 17, 2012 rated it it was amazing
"The Delphi Chronicle" (Books 1-3) by Russell Blake is a great thriller that neatly balances action, suspense and intrigue with interesting characters that the reader quickly becomes invested in. Like Ludlum? You'll love Blake.

I must admit, I've never been much of a "black helicopters" conspiracy fan; having served 20+ years in the U.S. military I always took a dim view of ideas centered around our government being able to successfully run a large-scale extra-legal operation -- much
T.W. Dittmer
Jun 11, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: indie-authors
"The Manuscript", by Russell Blake, is the first book in a three book conspiracy/thriller trilogy.

The characters in the work are likeable and well fleshed out. I particularly liked the literary agent in the story, who kicks the story off by receiving the manuscript of the book’s title from a mysterious writer.

The author’s writing style is quick and to the point. He embellishes the action with enough descriptive writing to put the reader at the scene, but not so much that
R.G. Phelps
Dec 17, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned
A Perfect Cliffhanger

Russell has presented "A Perfect Cliffhanger" and I think you will enjoy it as much as I have. The secrets had to stay silenced; the world could never know the truth – too much would be destroyed, too many of the country’s powerful would be humiliated and revealed to be monsters and thugs. Whatever it took, whatever the cost, that unthinkable outcome could never be allowed to happen. He would scorch the earth and crush whatever stood in his way, but the unspeakable realities o
Susan
Mar 31, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Reality or fiction? Who’s in the shadows!

The story has the conspiracy aspect down to a tee! It’s just so damn plausible! The reality of “The Matrix” in our lives today! Don’t be fooled, is this story really fictional???
Cheryl A. Swift
May 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very good

Good story, fast moving with interesting characters. Plenty of action to keep me glued to the book. I did think that it was an odd place to leave the book ... On to Book 2!
Bob Stenberg
Mar 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Interesting read although most characters were killed off and I felt there were certain story lines that were not finished.
Frenchie
May 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing
My Amazon.co.uk review:
As soon as we start the book, we get in the heat of the action.

July 1995 - 4 executions in the cover of the night (but more than 4 people die), in four different places. They do not seem related.

Present Day - Michael Derrigan is an ex-SEAL operative who operates a security freelance business in New York. He is also an aspiring author. Out of the blue, he receives telephone call from an old acquaintance Abe, who is also a publisher. Abe has rec
Akil
Feb 23, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Conspiracy Junkie

This is my second time reading this book and I enjoyed it even more than I did the first time!
Nancy Silk
Mar 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This author always writes a gripping story that drives me to read into the late hours. He is so talented in writing and telling his story boldly. This account begins with highlights from earlier events of assassination/murder. It moves forward in time and reveals a manuscript written years later that, as a PDF file, is attached to an e-mail sent to well known publisher, Abe Sarkins, from an anonymous person. Mysteriously, the e-mail and file disappear overnight from his computer; but he has made ...more
C.p. Bialois
Mar 10, 2012 rated it it was amazing
One of the things I was struck by when I began reading this was how well the description and character development are married to the speed and ease of reading. It’s one of the more interesting feelings to feel the weight of a world created by a fellow author but still flow through it like you would a short story. It’s a talent that’s rare and enticing for those wanting a quick read.

As a fan of Tom Clancy, I was intrigued by the layout and feasibility of the world created by Russell
Gina
This is a really quick read and made me go ahead and buy the last 2 books in the trilogy. This book focuses on a literary agent getting a mystery email attachment with an explosive story...if it indeed real. But someone doesn't Sanford that manuscript out there because it will cause disastrous effects on the global community. The email mysteriously disappears and Michael Carrigan is called into help find it. Michael is an ex -navy Seal who now does security contracting. Once he has the printed m ...more
Cathleen
Oct 28, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
If you enjoy political thrillers then this is a must read. This story brought to life all my worst thoughts and fears about the government and how corrupt it truly is. I know this is a work of fiction, but I would not be surprised if the government did do any of the things this author writes about.

Great story with such well developed characters and plot. The main character, Michael, who is ex-military and operates a security company, is asked to help out a literary agent friend. Michael becomes
Kathleen Patel
Mar 12, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Russell Blake has a masterpiece here. The book overflows with fear, mystery, murder- all eloquently put. It is most definitely a page turner. But most importantly it will make you stop and think. Mr. Blake claims the book is fiction. However he readily admits that

“ it is almost impossible to verify with complete certainty what is fiction when examining the world of covert operations and intelligence agencies.”

The book is driven by an extremely conceivable conspiracy. All of the dirt
Lynn Hallbrooks
Mar 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: now-on-my-kindle
Social Media - twitter in particular is a great place to meet lots of interesting authors. Mr. Blake is no exception.

The Delphi Chronicle - The Manuscript is full of action and intrigue.

Michael Derrigan becomes entangled with government entities that wish a manuscript and anyone who has read it to disappear permanently. The reason, well, you'll have to read the book to find that out.

I loved Mr. Blake's story and kept reading to find out what would happen next.
Bob
Feb 19, 2012 rated it really liked it
A private security provider and sould be author is called to the office of his literary agent to try and recover an email with an attached manuscript. The agent has printed out the file but needs the e-mail to try to find out the authors name. Even with the help of a computer whiz they cannot recover the e-mail and they are now being threatened by someone trying to recover the manuscript and eliminating anyone who might have seen it. A decent read, but an abrupt ending although it is listed as B ...more
Merle Louzensky
Apr 11, 2013 rated it liked it
I only try to read series in which each book reads like a separate story, with a definite resolution. I wish I had known that this book was a partial novel, but the "sequels" are available so I suppose I can't gripe too much about a freebie. I don't think I've ever encountered a thriller regarding a literary agent before so this was a novelty. The conspiracy theory and political plot line made for an intriguing story. This was a good, quick read and I'm tempted to buy the next installments.
The
Apr 02, 2012 rated it really liked it
A cracking start

I greatly enjoyed the first book in " The Delphi Chronicles Trilogy"
It is fast paced, well written and really seems to do a great job in setting up the rest of the storyline.

The hero is quite an interesting character. A special forces operative, like many heroes of thrillers but he is one that actually seems human and not the super powered killing machines that they usually are in these types of books.

The villainous characters were pretty
Amber
Dec 31, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
After an exceptional year with multiple five star novels, Russell Blake once again gives his readers a fantastic thrill ride. The Delphi Chronicle, Blake's second trilogy, is one of the best conspiracy theory novels I've read. From New York, to Mexico, to Cuba, readers are treated to a break-neck speed book that is impossible to put down.

The only question now is will Blake outdo him self in 2012? I have no doubt he will.
David  Vaseau
Diappontment

What a bummer! A great story that kept me reading, but this story ends anti-cliimatically, meaning there is no ending. He might as well have ended it after the first or second chapter. It leaves you hanging. It ends leaving you saying WTF! I thought for sure there would be a book 2 but if there is, I can't find it.
Nancy Steinle gummel
At first I was disappointed that this was a series. But I got into the story right away. The characters are her believable. I felt bad tor some of the supporting character's tragic endings. Our protagonist, Michael has a good head on his shoulders. He parlays his instincts for survival into an incredible read. I must read the following books to see how this tale concludes.
JC
Jul 15, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: my-firsttime, kindle, 2015
This was a fun and quick read. Getting the next couple of books shortly. The book moves quickly and there are lots of questions left. I will say that the storyline is pretty simple and without knowing what's in the manuscript, it does make this pretty hard to believe. We'll see though - I still enjoyed it.
Stanley Townsend
Feb 20, 2012 rated it really liked it
Ends in the middle and leaves you hanging! I guess I should have known that - though I think it's a misnomer to label this Book 1. It's the first several chapters of a larger work. It ends at a point that is in no way, shape or form an ending. All that said, I'm hooked and have already purchased "Books" 2 & 3.
Kieron
May 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
I certainly read through this book quickly. it was a gripping story. excellent thread in the storyline with believable characters and plot. The whole thing is well written, perhaps a little too much conspiracy theory information towards the middle, felt like a lecture for moment. The author certainly has thought this concept through and connected all the dots, perhaps it really is true!
Len Cenotti
Feb 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: blake
What a great read! I love a good Conspiracy Theory story and this is definitely one of the best I've read. After reading a few chapters I went online and ordered Book 2 and 3. There's so much more I'd like to say about the story but I don't want to reveal all the twists, turns and surprises. Let me just say... this is a thrill ride you don't want to miss.
Jo
Apr 15, 2014 rated it it was ok
Te story was a good concept however the writing wasn't fantastic and the 'book' was really just the start of the story. An ending with no resolution does not make me want to continue reading it just makes me feel robbed of the time I invested into reading it. It also feels like a grab for money.
Lisa Baird
Dec 23, 2012 rated it liked it
Good story, too much ramming politics down reader's throat, IMO. I get the underlying idea, agree with much, but it's a little overboard.

Again, I enjoyed the characters, plot idea and overall the book. Made me purchase the next two already.
Karen
Sep 04, 2012 rated it did not like it
Shelves: freebie, danny, kindle

Disappointed that its not really a full book. This book only really set the scene. I had to buy book 2 & 3 to move the story along.

The rest was even more boring and contrite. It ended very poorly.
The writer needs to improve. Or get another job.

• Tag (The Zumar Chronicles, #1)
  • Final Vector
  • The Fallen (Derek Stillwater, #3)
  • 28 Pages
  • Lost Girls (The Cellar, #2)
  • Seven Days From Sunday (MP-5 CIA Thriller, #1)
  • The Folks at Fifty-Eight
  • The Reluctant (Crayder Chronicles #1)
  • The Covert Element (James Becker, #3)
  • Coral Sea Affair (Ben Hood Thriller, #1)
  • The Second Amendment #1
  • Cloud Crash: A Technothriller
  • The Shekinah Legacy (Charlotte Ansari, #1)
  • State of Rebellion (Pug Connor, #1)
  • The Truant Officer
  • Pandora's Succession (Ridley Fox & Nita Parris #1)
  • The Fourth Law
  • Stigma

The Delphi Chronicle (3 books)
  • The Tortoise and the Hare (The Delphi Chronicle, #2)
  • Phoenix Rising (The Delphi Chronicle, #3)