Start by marking “iSteve: Steve Jobs in zijn eigen woorden” as Want to Read:
iSteve: Steve Jobs in zijn eigen woorden

iSteve: Steve Jobs in zijn eigen woorden

Fortune magazine proclaimed Jobs "the CEO of the decade." Harvard Business Review called him "the world's best-performing CEO." And the Wall Street Journal praised him as a "Person of the Decade."

The longtime CEO of Apple, Inc., which he co-founded in 1976, Steve Jobs stepped down from that role in August 2011, bringing an end to one of the greatest, most transformative bu
Published 2011 by BBNC uitgevers

To ask other readers questions about iSteve, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about iSteve

Start your review of iSteve: Steve Jobs in zijn eigen woorden
Miquel Reina
"I, Steve Jobs" isn't a conventional biography but despite this, is a book that I found very interesting. I found it by chance and I think that is a great way to discover the great and perfectionist mind of Steve Jobs. The book is a compilation of anecdotes, thoughts, and mantras that the famous entrepreneur and apple CEO used along with to their many successes and also failures in professional and personal life.

Spanish version:
Aunque "Yo, Steve Jobs" no resulta ser una biografía convencional, "
Rai Keyri
Jul 10, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Rai by: FullyBooked The Fort Bonifacio Global City
Shelves: business, sold-books
My Top 3 Steve Jobs' quotes:

1. "People say you have to have a lot of passion for what you're doing and it's totally true and the reason is... is because it's so hard, that if you don't, any rational person would give up. It's really hard and you have to do it over a sustained period of time. So if you don't love it, if you're not having fun doing it (you don't really love it), you're gonna give up. And that's what happens to most people actually.

If you look at the ones that ended up being "succ
FotoLisaW
Well, I am an admirer of Steve Jobs, therefore this "book" has a hard time disappointing in that regard. The book "i, Steve" is not really a book but a collection of SJ quotes from various sources (which is clearly stated). I did really like at the end of all the quotes the timeline of Steve's life start to finish (by year) with all the milestones accomplished by himself and/or the companies he was involved with. Though the only context for each quote is the name of the publication or event and ...more
Sebah Al-Ali
Jul 01, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: spring-16
كتاب لطيف يجمع اقتباسات ستيف جوبز بشكل مبوب؛ مع كل اقتباس يدرج مصدر الاقتباس وتاريخه. بالإضافة لطريقة تقديم الكتاب المنظمة، فكرة الكتاب نفسه تعطيك لمحة عن العقل الذي كان يقود ستيف جوبز.

مما اقتبست:

"My job is not to be easy on people. My job is to make them better."

"The Lisa people wanted to do something great. And the Mac people want to do something insanely great. The difference shows."

"People judge you by your performance, so focus on the outcome. Be a yardstick of quality. Some people ar
Noura
Sep 06, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: biography
Let me start my review with a shocking information at least for me. Steve's biological father was Syrian his name was "Abdulfattah "John" Jandali ", and he gave his son for adaption. So I HOPE YOU WERE HAPPY WITH YOUR DECISION Mr Abdulfattah :\

Back to Steve, every person knows him, whether he works in IT, or not. THIS man was A LEGEND. In this book you'll know about his career life, and little about his personal life. I personally have learned a lot especially I'm a software engineer I can alway
Jacqueline
I like Steve Jobs but this book is like his timeline and quotes jammed in one book. Though in general I prefer reading out of a book rather than a device I won't mind scrolling through Steve's quotes on Goodreads over this because there are repetition of his quotes in the book at different situations. Of course, it's his quotes and he can re-quote himself, but to read it over again and again in one book seems over-quoted. On a positive note, I got to rediscover that almost all of my fav animated ...more
Haneen Aziz
What can I say , he is GENIUS !!
Ankit Sah
George Beahm has published dozens of books professionally including I, Steve. He has written extensively on Stephen King, starting in 1989. He lives in South Virginia has published books about censorship, sports figures including Patricia Cornwell, J. K. Rowling, Stephanie Meyer, Philip Pullman, Steve Jobs and others. He has published extensively on popular culture and on business topics worldwide. I, Steve was rated as the bestseller by NY Times and Wall Street Journal.

This book I, Steve is bas
M
Dec 31, 2011 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I ended up with this book after the Kris Kringle at work and I thought, well, I might as well read through it once before I find someone who wants to take it off my hands.

This would have been a truly awful idea had the book been so lacking in substance and length that I finished it in less than two hours.

I, Steve is simply a collection of Steve Jobs quotes from various interviews and speeches, followed by a timeline of his life's achievements (mostly technology products going on sale, Pixar film
Bassel Damra
Sep 28, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
“So you can't go out and ask people, you know, what the next big [thing.] There's a great quote by Henry Ford, right? He said, 'If I'd have asked my customers what they wanted, they would have told me ‘A faster horse.”
some people may see this book as a bunch of quotes , but I see something different the "VISION" , it shows clearly the vision of steve jobs in the whole industry , some important principles in innovation and design !
Great book .
Kirti Jalan
Well, the title of the book is misleading when it says that it is 'Steve Jobs in his Own Words'. The book is not an autobiography, but is a compilation of his outlook on technology, success, health, etc.
Given that it is not a conventional biography, the book did not engage me in its entirety. Steve Jobs although, never fails to motivate. His quotes are inspirational and thought provoking, and picking one as a favorite will be an exigent task.
Soumyajit Dhara
The book is more of a collection of short stories and quotes from Jobs life. The writing style, the format is unique but rather disappointing. Definitely a book that I will not recommend to anyone. On the plus point its a short and easy to read book, preferably for tumblr users who scavenge internet for Jobs quotes.
Apoorv Purohit
Well.. This is Steve...
We all know something or the other about him which we din't like but gladly you won't find any of those things here mentioned
None of us actually can deny what he did to communication devices...
So better to know things from his perspective too...
Recommended
Chenice
An easy-to-read and interesting book with many quotes from Steve.

Jobs was an incredibly talented, hard working and innovative man and this book, along with his words, are sure to inspire and motivate you.

"Stay hungry. Stay foolish."
Gamingtildawn
Jun 06, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Bought at the Printer's Row Lit Fest. It was a quick read but very insightful on one of the most amazing men of the last 100 years.
It was a serious of quotes that chronicle Steve Jobs life and decisions he made during his tenure at Apple. Recommend if you are an Apple loyalist.
Grey Chapin
Nov 28, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book, I, Steve, gave a unique and insightful perspective to the life of Steve Jobs. I read this book for my U.S. History class, as we were given the option to read a nonfiction book for extra credit. I believe that Steve Jobs played an influential role in American history because of how has technology changed the way we all live. This book was filled with quotes from Jobs, ranging from his professional to personal life. The use of language in this book aimed to show that Steve Jobs is a hum ...more
Arti
Nov 08, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: business
As a long time admirer of Steve Jobs, I have followed his journey closely over the years... and though I have heard or read almost all the quotes in this book before, I still found them as thought provoking as when I heard the first time...

Steve Jobs has always been outspoken and his words - even when controversial - have left us with insights - sometimes on what to do but more often on what not to... the book is a compilation of his more popular quotes from the course of his journey ... and ac
Alia Ahmed
Repetitive at times but gives an overall idea of who steve jobs was, what his priorities were and how without him apple would have ceased to exist.

I liked it but some quotes were repeated twice and some things about computers and coding just made no sense to me.

At the end there is a short timeline of SJ's life before, during and 'after' Apple, which I thought was quite helpful, enlightening and easy to read.

Would recommend if you just want a vague idea about who Steve Jobs is and why he was s
Waseem Qawasmi
May 25, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I,Steve. - A little hand book contains great quotes and a valuable insight to details in Steve Job’s thoughts about so many aspects of technology, business, and life in general. Jobs was incredibly talented, hard working and innovative man, along with his words, are sure to inspire and motivate the reader.
Saurabh Tomar
Not the best of the books written on Steve Jobs, its a juxtaposition of his anecdotes, mantras and famous quotes sprawling over three decades. Though not great but still its a book on the best Entrepreneur ever lived, so can't complain :)
Richard Collins
Aug 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Bio

I admire Steve Jobs and read everything that I can get my hands on regarding his life. As far as I am concerned Apple has no competition and what a succession of management plan executed in beautiful fashion.
counter-hegemonicon
Interesting in its form, a series of quotes. (unsurprising) omission of the criticisms against his character but super valuable in detailing his vision and creativity in business
Prince Chauhan
Just quotations from different interviews and moments in apple history than a flowchart of important dates in life of SJ,nothing more to go for.
Amit
Aug 06, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Information on multiple milestones achieved by Apple in chronological order was interesting.
Rameswar
Jan 28, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book covers most of the quotes, conversations, and philosophy of Steve jobs however 4 stars because some of the quotes and conversations are repeated.
Srinadh
Mar 17, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
just some quotations and discrete descriptions about jobs and apple. I personally think that Steve Jobs biography was more interesting.
Cagin Donmez
Jun 28, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Contains a bunch of Steve Job's quotes about Apple products, Pixar, his business and personal life. My problem with this book is, the quotes aren't chronological or categorized for that matter.
Dinesh Shekhawat
This book only contains quotes. It's not a story
Sameer
Sep 25, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
It's okay, though a brief about his life.
Rithvik H
Dec 09, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Even thought it wasn't a full biography of Steve Jobs, I thought it was pretty interesting to look at the way Steve Jobs thought about so many aspects of technology, business, and life in general.
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Jony Ive: The Genius Behind Apple's Greatest Products
  • The Singapore Story: Memoirs of Lee Kuan Yew
  • البط الدميم يذهب إلى العمل
  • ٢٧ خرافة شعبية عن القراءة
George Beahm writes books about censorship, sports figures, and numerous literary figures, including Patricia Cornwell, J.K. Rowling, Stephenie Meyer, Philip Pullman, and others.