Start by marking “The Postpartum Husband: Practical Solutions for Living with Postpartum Depression” as Want to Read:

This hands-on guide includes straightforward, supportive information and specific recommendations to help partners deal with the impact of depression after the birth of a baby.
Published December 1st 2000 by Xlibris Corporation

To ask other readers questions about The Postpartum Husband, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Postpartum Husband

Mike Lewis
Sep 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
If you are a dad whose spouse suffers from PPD, I recommend this book wholeheartedly as a starting point in your search for PPD support. Some reviewers mentioned this book is nothing more than a list of bullet points. While there are short chapters and bullet points everywhere, I found this book had many insightful suggestions. Almost all of the bullet points has several sentences. Personally, I think they could have just removed them and help make the flow a little better; the bullet points do ...more
Jen
Apr 04, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: postpartum-doula
Felt overly simplistic and condescending without describing or explaining evidence to back up the recommendations.
Molly
May 06, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: parenthood
Streamlined, which makes sense, given the topic and audience. And while I wasn't the audience, it was a nice read, in case I ever was in a place to recommend a book to a puzzled couple or partner.

I had forgotten I'd ordered it as a part of the postpartum doula required reading and had my husband read it after I had my daughter this winter. My husband found it less helpful--he thought the majority of the advice was incredibly obvious and while I went through a dark spell after the birth of our da
Hannah
Sep 24, 2013 rated it it was ok
I read this to see if I should recommend it to my husband, but found it to be full of concepts and strategies that my husband was already doing. Would be a great book for some husbands, just not mine.
Erin
Jan 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Just gave myself a refresher on this wonderful resource for husbands. I love the way this book is divided into brief, 1-2 page chapters with bullet points, which makes for such easy reading and accessibility.
Lesli
Jan 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
Some may describe this as a bit simplified for partners but I liked the format (bullet points) and the straightforward data and easy recommendations. It can be a good reminder for husbands who want to support their wives as they work through their postpartum symptoms.
Crystal
May 01, 2012 rated it it was amazing
AWESOME resource for dads, partners, etc. who are in a relationship with someone struggling during or after pregnancy. Men typically want to "fix" their partner's depression or anxiety, and they can't. But there are things they can do to help support their partner and take care of themselves.
Sunshine Wu
Aug 24, 2015 rated it liked it
Finished it within an hour, whole book written in bullet points for the underslept and impatient husband. Useful tips and advice to support spouses with postpartum mood symptoms
Karen
Sehul Viras
Sep 08, 2018
Phil Hawkins
Jul 23, 2018
Karen Kleiman is well known as an international expert on postpartum depression. Her work has been featured on the Internet and within the mental health community for decades. In 1988, Karen founded The Postpartum Stress Center, LLC, a treatment and training facility for prenatal and postpartum depression/anxiety disorders where she treats individuals and couples experiencing perinatal mood & ...more