Start by marking “Immortal Valentine” as Want to Read:
Immortal Valentine

Immortal Valentine

After a heart-pounding brush with danger on Valentine's Day, Caleb runs into a handsome stranger and decides to roll the dice on a one-night-stand. Things don't work out the way anyone intended when Caleb gets sick. He wakes up alone the next day, extremely confused and utterly embarrassed.

Angelo is an insomniac vampire who leads a solitary existence. Once a year he comes
Published February 12th 2012 by Amber Allure (first published February 11th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Immortal Valentine, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Immortal Valentine

Mary
Jul 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Angelo is the kind of vampire you dream of meeting, gorgeous, kind, funny, smart and absolutely sex on two legs. Caleb is sort of a klutz, cute and sweet but underneath that beats a man with some power in him too and definite heat. When they come together... but then there's twists that are funny and show Angelo's gentleness and the fact that Caleb worries that the vampire should be sleeping more. It's those pieces that made this fun as well as hot. I loved the two of them together and have re-r ...more
Roger - president of NBR United -
An interesting take on the Vampire/Human romance. Angelo is a vampire who usually takes blood once a year on Valentine's Day. Caleb is a mortal who is having a bad Valentine's day after nearly getting hit by a truck crossing a Washington DC street. He meets Angelo who takes him to dinner at the Restaurant in the Willard Hotel then takes him up to a room in the same hotel. they have sex and then Caleb suffers an attack of food poisoning from old fruit salad he had at his office's potluck. all sor ...more
T.A. Webb
Apr 18, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Caleb should really pay better attention to where he was going. It's understandable he was distracted - it was Valentine's Day, and the one year anniversary of when his ex made love with him then decided to break things off. So for him to get a little lost in his head, completely understandable. Only, it put him in danger and walking in front of a car.

So when he ducks into an alleyway to catch his breath, the last thing he expects to hear is a wonderfully sexy voice asking him if he's okay.

Ange
Jenre
Mar 21, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m, paranormal, romance
Caleb is a lonely guy who isn’t looking forward to Valentine’s Day alone. He bumps into a stranger who asks him out for a meal and since Caleb’s got nothing better to do, he agrees. Angelo is equally lonely and spends each Valentine’s Day picking up a random stranger, wining and dining him before using the cover of a one night stand in order to feed from him. A bout of food poisoning throws Angelo out of his routine and instead of sex and feeding he finds himself talking to Caleb and getting to ...more
Gabbi
Immortal Valentine is the first book I’ve read by Ellis Carrington and it definitely won’t be my last. Over the years, I’ve read a lot of Paranormal/Vampire themed romances, and I have to admit that Caleb and Angelo’s story had a fresh and interesting spin on a well-loved theme. I was immediately swept up into the lives of these two unique and interesting characters and read the book from start to finish in one setting.

Caleb thought it was going to be another lonely Valentine’s Day. Prepared to
Optimist ♰King's Wench♰
I kind of have a thing for vampires. It's worsened since the powers that be cast Alexander Skarsgård in True Blood. Thankfully, this novella didn't wend up taking a hard left into whatthefucksville like a certain previously mentioned HBO series.

This is my second experience with this author. She has raw talent and good ideas. Immortal Valentine is longer than Yes, Sir, the first thing I read, which allowed for more character development, better plot development, and a good plot twist. So, why onl
Becky Condit
Feb 12, 2012 rated it really liked it
4 1/2 stars!

Pretty soon I’m going to have to stop saying I don’t like vampire stories. I’ve read several great ones recently, including Ellis Carrington’s IMMORTAL VAMPIRE. I think it’s not so much I’m starting to love vamps, although that is a possibility, but it is more likely that I’ve chosen books based on authors whose writing style I like.
Ms. Carrington crafts a romance such that it doesn’t matter whether the couple is gay or straight, paranormal or well… normal, however you define “normal
L-D
Jun 13, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: vampires, m-m, novella
3.5 stars.

I quite enjoyed this short story. Caleb runs into a stranger on Valentine's day and ends up joining him for dinner. Little does Caleb know that Angelo is a vampire and he hunts for a blood donor once a year on Valentine's Day. This year Caleb is the lucky man. Angelo typically enjoys the evening, make sure his "date" has a good time, and then wipes his memory of Angelo. When Caleb gets sick however, Angelo risks everything.

This was sweet and it had an interesting twist at the end. This
Pati
May 05, 2012 rated it really liked it
I won this in a giveaway but that in no affects my opinion on this book. I really liked both Caleb and Angelo, they had so much in common and truly seemed made for eachother. If there was one thing that I would change though would be the way & place that Angelo left Caleb that morning. It just didn't jibe with Angelo's caring personality. I would also have liked it to be longer, it would've been wonderful to have seen more of their time together. Thank Ellis, for giving us such a sweet love ...more
Angel
Feb 22, 2012 rated it really liked it
I absolutely loved this book! I think the author does a great job at describing Angelo's feelings when he becomes conflicted over Caleb. I love the fact that Caleb doesn't get freaked and run away at certain times, I know some people aren't much for these type of characters but I loved it! I would definitely reccomend this book if you like short Vampire romances without a lot of angst! For me there was just enough!
Emily

A cute little read. The only complaint was that I was expecting more of a story and less sex. I don't mind sex in books, so long as it doesn't become the main focus (unless it says so in the blurb, i.e. erotica), which it did in this story (which I was not expecting). Still a good read though.
Brutally Honest
This story was sweet, albeit a bit forgettable. So just 3 stars. I very much enjoyed the lack of heavy angst on behalf of the vamp, which seems to be a staple in MF vampire erotica.
Jayhjay
Feb 03, 2012 rated it really liked it
This review was originally published on my blog Joyfully Jay.

After almost being hit by a truck in the street, Caleb runs into a handsome stranger on his way home from work on Valentine's Day. Caught up in the adrenaline rush, Caleb takes the leap of accepting the stranger's invitation to dinner. Caleb is immediately attracted to the man; in fact, the two don't even make it to dinner before making out behind a museum. After dinner, the man (Angelo) invites Caleb up to his fancy hotel room for a n
Kukko
Main Characters: Angelo Virabian & Caleb ?
Key Themes: Grief, H/C
Location: Washington DC

2.5 STARS

MM romance featuring an ancient vampire (Angelo) and an IT guy (Caleb).

Caleb is an average-looking nerd who he can’t believe his luck when he attracts the attention of the gorgeous and wealthy Angelo.

Angelo is apparently the last vampire alive….at least so he thinks!

This is the story of how Angelo’s annual Valentines Day feast on human blood, turns into a love connection.

The story didn’t work fo
Mandy*reads obsessively*
Feb 28, 2012 rated it really liked it
3.5-4
Nice story about Caleb, the human and Angelo the vampire.
It was a sweet story with no real angst or too much drama. As a matter of fact Caleb was really cool with Angelo being a Vampire. My only niggel was how Angelo "left" Caleb after their night together. I just couldn't imagine Angelo wouldn't make sure Caleb got home well and safe. I know this was the reason he used to find him again later, but it just didn't seem like something Angelo would do.
Suze
Jul 22, 2012 rated it liked it
Recommended to Suze by: Won on mantasticfiction, promo giveaway
I'd classify this as a 3.5. Its a vampire story, but Angelo is a nice vampire! He does have one scary scene but generally he is quite benign. Caleb is cute and accepting! A nice, quick, sexy read with enough of a HEA to appease.
Meggie
Feb 16, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: vampire, romance
This story was a good romance between a vampire Angelo and human Caleb. In general it was a good enjoyable story, but somehow to boring. The writing style wasn't as smooth. Caleb and Angelo were to plain and dull.
Pennynickel
Jan 01, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: vamps, mm
Sweet sexy vampire done right!
Cathy
Liam
Jan 12, 2015
Fan-girl
Feb 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
This was a great story. I will have to look up more from this author.
Katie
May 12, 2014
Ale
Mar 31, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Ellis Carrington was born after the Christmas of 2010 when she was gifted a Kindle and discovered the gay romance category on Amazon that same day. Sometimes her heroes are human and sometimes they aren’t, because angels and vampires deserve love too. Her favorite things are great friends, great music, and books that make her forget the outside world.