Goodreads helps you keep track of books you want to read.
Start by marking “Eld (Engelsfors, #2)” as Want to Read:
Eld (Engelsfors, #2)
Enlarge cover
Rate this book
Clear rating
Open Preview

Eld

(Engelsfors #2)

by
4.13  ·  Rating details ·  6,341 Ratings  ·  411 Reviews
De utvalda ska börja andra året på gymnasiet. Hela sommarlovet har de hållit andan i väntan på demonernas nästa drag. Men hotet kommer från ett håll de aldrig kunnat förutse.

Det blir alltmer uppenbart att något är väldigt, väldigt fel i Engelsfors. Det förflutna vävs ihop med nuet. De levande möter de döda. De utvalda knyts allt tätare till varandra och påminns återigen om
...more
Hardcover, 634 pages
Published April 26th 2012 by Rabén & Sjögren (first published January 1st 2012)
More Details... edit details

Friend Reviews

To see what your friends thought of this book, please sign up.

Reader Q&A

To ask other readers questions about Eld, please sign up.
Popular Answered Questions
Cakehatwombat Also check your local public library systems! That's where I found the copy I read

Community Reviews

Showing 1-30
Rating details
Sort: Default
|
Filter
Joost
Vuur, het tweede deel in de Engelfors-trilogie. Dit vervolg heeft weer een grote dosis aan spanning, mysterie en een vleugje magie...
http://nerdygeekyfanboy.com/recensie/...
Sandra
Apr 21, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: witch
Jag börjar som vanligt med mina förväntningar. De var minst sagt skyhöga! Första boken, Cirkeln, var riktigt bra och efter att ha läst den kände jag mig stolt över att vara svensk. Det är sällan Sverige producerar så här bra böcker, och när vi väl gör det...Då är det verkligen all in. Jag har sett framemot Eld väldigt mycket och det är med en stor lättnad som jag kan erkänna att jag inte blev besviken.


Eld håller sig på samma nivå som Cirkeln. I början kändes allt ganska stereotypiskt, jag kunde
...more
Daphne
Fire was a really good sequel to The Circle, it had the same feel but with higher stakes and some interesting new characters. Most importantly, the characters I came to love in the first book all had really good development in this one. Every single one of them changed in some way, and I really enjoyed it.

It's always rare for me to read a book that's really long without realizing just how long it is. Fire is the longest book I've read all year, but it didn't bother me in the slightest. There wa
...more
Ben Alderson
Feb 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
AMAZING ! i loved this book so much so amazing just like the first one! i need the last one RIGHT NOW!!
charlotte
i want 2 fucking punch something

-1 star because it was so goddamn long
Ruth
Sep 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A superb second piece to this trilogy. I didn't realize how invested I'd become in all the girls until they were in peril again. Their world expands and so does the world of the reader - I was drawn in by the addition of a vaguely (then not-so-vaguely) threatening organisation and the threads that began in the first book were pulled wider into a bigger web. I really loved how you felt like you were visiting a familiar place and people; I really liked how some of the adult characters were develop ...more
Ceccy
Jul 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Oh my god. This book was so-so-so good. I can't even... I usually don't like Swedish books but this series is amazing.
Frida
Feb 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Detta var min favorit redan första gången jag läste serien, men den är om möjligt ännu bättre efter en omläsning. Äskar den här serien!
Jonas De
Jul 11, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
So happy i can pick up the next book immediately!
Annikka
Já chci třetí díl!!!

Prostě... wow. Geniální, perfektní, skvělé, úžasné. Emoční i poučné, vtipné, nacpané akcí... prostě magické.
Erica
Apr 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
en riktig bra bok denna var lite bättre än ettan
Jenny
Feb 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Huhhuh. Koukuttavaa, tiukkaa, vetävää, viihdyttävää. Olipa nautinnollista pitkästä aikaa lukea jotain sellaista, jota ei vain voi päästää käsistään.
Dan
Jan 19, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned, fantasy
4.25 stars. That ending though.... :(

An entertaining book about Swedish witches and demons. I really enjoyed how the story and most of the characters developed in this book. I'm so nervous to how this trilogy is gonna wrap itself up. Hopefully, in a good way!
Esther (Chapter Adventures)
You can read the full/original review on my blog!

All the issues I had with the first installment were fixed and improved in this one and I couldn’t be happier! There was plenty of magic, the friendships grew beautifully along with the characters, and the plot was very engaging. The first part did drag a little and I felt it was longer than it needed to be, but besides that, I enjoyed it immensely and I can’t wait to read the last book!

First of all, let’s talk about the characters. These girls
...more
Rebecca
Set in the aftermath of “Circle”, the girls have to work through the repercussions of fighting against their first demon. If that wasn’t difficult enough, now they have to deal with a bigger and badder foe who is slowly turning the entire town against them. If that wasn’t bad enough, The Council have come to town. Scrutinising their every move, ... With the apocalyse drawing near, the girls face some dark times ahead.

In this book the girls begin to really work together. They stop being individua
...more
Nanou
Удивительное дело - и книжка дурацкая, и проблемы подростковые (дружит ли она со мной, потому что я ей нравлюсь или потому что нам вместе нужно бороться с демонами?), и язык корявый (третью книгу надо все-таки найти на шведском), но почему-то не оторваться. Все-таки у скандинавских писателей есть какой-то врожденный секретик, умение управлять темной северной сказочностью и наваривать на этом бульоне жирный, почти детский саспенс.
UPD. О, нашла третью часть в гуглбукс на датском. Ееее!
Vendea
Oct 13, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013, i-cried, rc, read-own
NO.TY.KRÁSO.

Are you kidding me? Really? Freaking good...

Jsem emočně vyždímaná. Vážně. Do poloviny knihy jsem se celkem nudila, protože jsem si moc nepamatovala co se stalo v Kruhu a nic moc se v knize nedělo. Ale tak od stránky 400 kniha dostala megaspád a já jen nestačila zírat. O hodně lepší jak první díl...

Proč mi tohle děláte?
Reetta Saine
Jun 16, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sarja jatkuu tylynä, melkein liiankin. Jos on elänyt hiukankin hurjemman teiniyden, samastumista on vaikea välttää.

Juoneen nähden kirjassa on liikaa kakkososamaisia sivuja, jotka vievät juonta kyllä eteenpäin mutta hiukan nihkeästi. Ihmissuhteet ja fiilistelyt kuitenkin pelastavat Tulen yhtä ahmittavaksi ja hienoksi kuin Piirinkin.

VINKATKAA TÄTÄ KIRJAA!
Marie the Librarian
Wow what an intense ending! But I felt it was a bit long at some points and it dragged on a bit. However I like the characters and how they are developing. So Im curious to see where it will end in the last one :)
Gea
Mar 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Weer een fantastisch deel van deze serie. Echt heel spannend. Ik heb er deze keer wat langer over gedaan in verband met andere bezigheden, maar ik had vandaag even de tijd om dit deel uit te kunnen lezen.
Tímea
Jul 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-slovak
Toto bola naozaj veľmi dobrá kniha. Dobre som sa pri nej bavila, aj keď som väčšinu času bola zmätená :)
Je na čase, aby som si konečne pozrela film z jednotky :D Švédsky dabing a anglické titulky. To bude ale sranda :)
Lucy
Mar 07, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-swedish
Vad ska jag säga?
Återigen fantastisk, måste, måste, måste läsas!
Det var lite synd att jag nästan omedelbart förstod vad som var 'felet' i Engelsfors, men de ungefär 150 sista sidorna var fantastiska, och tog igen det. Kan bara inte låta bli att älska denna bok!
Beate
Apr 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
OH MY GOOOOOOOOOD
Anna
Jan 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2015
Recension finns på bloggen: Bokbabblaren :)
Frida
Mar 06, 2012 rated it really liked it
Reread: 2018-11-10



Liked this one a lot more than the first one in the series.
Edvin Lidén
Sep 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This review has been hidden because it contains spoilers. To view it, click here.
Monica Haak
Sep 27, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Uiteindelijk toch overall heel gaaf weer!
Sanna Hagman
Nästan lika bra som första boken, lite seg i början möjligvis men jag älskar den här serien.
Helen
Fire is very Buffy inspired in that it's as much about dealing with the horrors of high school and adults that think they know better, as it is about dealing with actual demons and magic users intent upon nefarious deeds. It even has a morally dubious magic council trying to police and control the witches powers. But Fire is moving and deep and transcends its Buffy influences by creating a wonderful story all of its own. This is definitely one of my favourite series about high school magic users ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 next »
There are no discussion topics on this book yet. Be the first to start one »
  • Sjukdomen (Torka aldrig tårar utan handskar, #2)
  • Allt jag säger är sant
  • Råta (Ravneringene, #2)
  • Udda Verklighet (De sära, #1)
  • Kapitulera omedelbart eller dö
  • Det händer nu
  • Pojkarna
  • The Betrayal Knows My Name, Volume 05
  • I Miss You, I Miss You!
  • Hon går genom tavlan, ut ur bilden
  • Minns du den stad (Stadserien, #3)
  • En dåre fri
  • I taket lyser stjärnorna
  • The Unseen 2 (The Unseen, #3-4)
  • Prins Charles känsla
341 followers
Mats Strandberg is an award-winning novelist and journalist. He is a regular columnist for Sweden's biggest evening newspaper, has been named Columnist of the Year by Sweden's Newspapers and Magazines organization, and had published three previous novels, with rights sold in numerous countries.

Other books in the series

Engelsfors (3 books)
  • Cirkeln (Engelsfors, #1)
  • Nyckeln (Engelsfors, #3)
“A black car is parked a bit away from the school. Viktor unlocks the door with a remote key and walks round to the passenger door to open it for Minoo.
She dislikes intensely being subjected to Viktor's old-fashioned manners and reaches for the door handle at the same time as he does. Their hands touch, but Minno gets there first and opens the door herself. Viktor laughs a little and Minno hopes he'll choke on his own tongue.”
0 likes
More quotes…