Start by marking “Eld (Engelsfors, #2)” as Want to Read:
Eld (Engelsfors, #2)

Eld

(Engelsfors #2)

De utvalda ska börja andra året på gymnasiet. Hela sommarlovet har de hållit andan i väntan på demonernas nästa drag. Men hotet kommer från ett håll de aldrig kunnat förutse.

Det blir alltmer uppenbart att något är väldigt, väldigt fel i Engelsfors. Det förflutna vävs ihop med nuet. De levande möter de döda. De utvalda knyts allt tätare till varandra och påminns återigen om
Published April 26th 2012 by Rabén & Sjögren (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Eld, please sign up.
Cakehatwombat Also check your local public library systems! That's where I found the copy I read

Start your review of Eld (Engelsfors, #2)
Daphne
Fire was a really good sequel to The Circle, it had the same feel but with higher stakes and some interesting new characters. Most importantly, the characters I came to love in the first book all had really good development in this one. Every single one of them changed in some way, and I really enjoyed it.

It's always rare for me to read a book that's really long without realizing just how long it is. Fire is the longest book I've read all year, but it didn't bother me in the slightest. There wa
Ben Alderson
Feb 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
AMAZING ! i loved this book so much so amazing just like the first one! i need the last one RIGHT NOW!!
Ruth
Sep 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A superb second piece to this trilogy. I didn't realize how invested I'd become in all the girls until they were in peril again. Their world expands and so does the world of the reader - I was drawn in by the addition of a vaguely (then not-so-vaguely) threatening organisation and the threads that began in the first book were pulled wider into a bigger web. I really loved how you felt like you were visiting a familiar place and people; I really liked how some of the adult characters were develop ...more
charlotte, (½ of readsrainbow)
Rep: lesbian mc, bi mc, mixed race Iranian mc

i want 2 fucking punch something

-1 star because it was so goddamn long
Ella
Jun 10, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
who authorized this to hit me in the feels as hard as it did??? the ending was so !! I am floored and will be squaring up against anyone and anything that gets between me and reading the 3rd book asap
Emm (Booksprite)
Jul 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: owned, signed
2020:
I have no words. I’m not sure why I still feel baffled and mindblown by how amazing this series is, but I still am. I think that this time around Eld was a little bit weaker than Cirkeln but it’s still a MASTERPIECE and I probably prefer it still. Now onto Nyckeln! Gaaaah!

2015:
Still as good as the first two times around. I've been moving from lovely, familiar Sweden to the U.S. this week and reading something familiar from home has really helped me deal with things. I look forward to conti
Ceccy
Jul 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Oh my god. This book was so-so-so good. I can't even... I usually don't like Swedish books but this series is amazing.
Jonas
Jul 11, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
So happy i can pick up the next book immediately!
Dan
Jan 19, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, owned
4.25 stars. That ending though.... :(

An entertaining book about Swedish witches and demons. I really enjoyed how the story and most of the characters developed in this book. I'm so nervous to how this trilogy is gonna wrap itself up. Hopefully, in a good way!
Esther (Chapter Adventures)
You can read the full/original review on my blog!

All the issues I had with the first installment were fixed and improved in this one and I couldn’t be happier! There was plenty of magic, the friendships grew beautifully along with the characters, and the plot was very engaging. The first part did drag a little and I felt it was longer than it needed to be, but besides that, I enjoyed it immensely and I can’t wait to read the last book!

First of all, let’s talk about the characters. These girls
Rebecca
Set in the aftermath of “Circle”, the girls have to work through the repercussions of fighting against their first demon. If that wasn’t difficult enough, now they have to deal with a bigger and badder foe who is slowly turning the entire town against them. If that wasn’t bad enough, The Council have come to town. Scrutinising their every move, ... With the apocalyse drawing near, the girls face some dark times ahead.

In this book the girls begin to really work together. They stop being individua
Marie the Librarian
Wow what an intense ending! But I felt it was a bit long at some points and it dragged on a bit. However I like the characters and how they are developing. So Im curious to see where it will end in the last one :)
Beate
Apr 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
OH MY GOOOOOOOOOD
Helen
Fire is very Buffy inspired in that it's as much about dealing with the horrors of high school and adults that think they know better, as it is about dealing with actual demons and magic users intent upon nefarious deeds. It even has a morally dubious magic council trying to police and control the witches powers. But Fire is moving and deep and transcends its Buffy influences by creating a wonderful story all of its own. This is definitely one of my favourite series about high school magic users ...more
Jul 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Okay wow, this book was insanely crazy. It's so much better than book 1, and my love for Ida has only intensified. I'm kind of sad that there's only one book left in this series it's so well written. However, I'm ready to know what'll happen and I can't wait.
Karen
This book took quite a while to get into; however, the pace did pick up and it ended up being a page turner. I am still not 100% sure what I think of the series, but I will finish it, for no other reason than I want to know what happens in the end.
Abraham Mashood
Nov 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Such a vast improvement on the first book, I’m already itching to re-read the trilogy and I haven’t even started the third.
Dakota★Magic in Every Book
This was a really powerful sequel and the second half really shone in its story telling and character development. I can't wait to see how this trilogy ends!!
Savannah (Books With Bite)
After reading the first book, I quickly dived into this one seeing if this book moved at a better pace than the first one. I found that this book follows the first one similarly but does dive deeper into the characters plot lines.

Plot: This plot is pretty much the same as the first book, picking up were the last book left off. The reader jumps from character to characters only this time, the reader gets a little more information. I like this. The plot also moves with their powers and the discove
Mothwing
I'm a hopelessly devoted fan. Developed female teenage characters with believable flaws and interactions and insecurities and strength and growth who continue to be badass. And have magic. And save the world. While struggling with school and parents. The worlds that the authors have created doesn't fail to entertain and the plot is as fast-paced and attention-grabbing as the last one, though the resolution didn't seem to be as well orchestrated as it was in the last instalment and felt a bit tac ...more
Allison
Oct 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Been reading so many great teen books in the last 18 months, but I still think these are my favorites. Can't believe I have to wait another 8-12 months for the last one ;______;

Keep getting blown away by the range and depth of emotion shown in these books. While on the surface it's a trilogy about teenage witches, the books don't shy away from issues like suicide, teen sex, bullying, and cult mentality, not to mention a dizzying array of parental issues (unemployment, separation, and adultery b
David Larsson
May 15, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
In the sequel to the major success "Cirkeln", the authors continues where they left. "Eld" shows that they still know how to write a horror/fantasy-themed youth novel, that combines the both without giving in to the former or latter too much. The tension is basically there all the time, it's really hard to put down the book and not continue reading it to the end; and when you reach the end, you really hope you had the final part in the trilogy in your hands, not that you have to wait for a whole ...more
Alex (lexdidemsbookcorner)
I took a break from this one for a readathon and forgot to pick it up again for a few weeks. But I did eventually get there.
Unfortunately because I took the break I feel like the middle of the book was a bit like trudging through the monotony of high school in that we follow 5 teenagers in their daily lives and didn't really expand our knowledge of the magical/paranormal events that are occurring.
In saying that though the second half of this book really picked up and started moving again. The
Susanne
May 10, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2012
This is a temporary review, a more extensive one will come at a later date but I just have to say that this book does not disappoint despite my almost unreasonably high expectations. It is every bit as exciting as the previous one and the world and the characters are fleshed out and made even more alive. Also it features one of the most scary bad guy organisations ever.

If you get a chance, read this. You won't regret it.
Anna
Feb 18, 2013 rated it really liked it
4,5 stars!

I couldn't put this book down, so I finished in one evening/night (hello, three hours of sleep before I had to get up and get ready for work! *yawns*)...

The people just feel so real! They ask the right questions. The things that are left unanswered annoy them as much as they do me. They have not so nice/pc thoughts. They hurt, they love, they... Well, no spoilers, just go on and read it already! ;)
Megan
Feb 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Okay, this is probably my favorite series, HOWEVER:
When I was younger and read this, I didn't see the potential triggers. There are hurtful words used, bullying, and now that I think about it, I'm fairly certain all of the main characters are white. (EDIT: just reread sections of the third book. One of the characters is at least half western asian.)
Having said that, my fav character is queer and so is my second fav character and !!!!!!!
Idk I'm a mess ignore me.
emma
that was so good but i am so upset. how could that happen !!!!
really great character growth in this one, and how the girls all got closer, i think the (view spoiler) really helped them understand each other more. i also really liked viktor?? i hope there is more of him in the last book and that the girls trust him a bit more.
(view spoiler)
sally
Feb 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
People say that sequels are always worse than the first installment, but personally, I really like sequels - there's a greater exploration and development of the characters and their relationships, their powers and the rules of the world in which they live. This book was no exception. That ending though :(
Narika
Jul 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I think I liked this book even more than the last one. The ending was sad, but overall this book was great! It's very interesting to read from 5 different perspectives and finding out more and more about the characters. This book really became one of my all time favourites. Looking forward to reading the third part! :)
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Norra Latin (Stockholmsserien #1)
  • I taket lyser stjärnorna
  • Syskonkärlek
  • Ja jag har mens, hurså?
  • Pojkarna
  • Ondskan
  • Sandor slash Ida
  • Agnes Cecilia
  • Tio över ett
  • Mot framtiden: En simpel guide till att krossa patriarkatet
  • Som jag vill vara
  • Paradiset ligger under mammas fötter
  • Du, bara
  • Vattnet drar
  • Kesämyrsky
  • Odinsbarn (Ravneringene, #1)
  • Tistelhonung
  • Här ligger jag och blöder
Mats Strandberg is an award-winning novelist and journalist. He is a regular columnist for Sweden's biggest evening newspaper, has been named Columnist of the Year by Sweden's Newspapers and Magazines organization, and had published three previous novels, with rights sold in numerous countries.

Engelsfors (3 books)
  • Cirkeln (Engelsfors, #1)
  • Nyckeln (Engelsfors, #3)