Start by marking “Hot Secrets (Tall, Dark & Deadly #1)” as Want to Read:
Hot Secrets (Tall, Dark & Deadly #1)

Hot Secrets (Tall, Dark & Deadly #1)

3.87  ·  Rating details ·  6,218 Ratings  ·  548 Reviews
Published January 24th 2012 by Lisa Renee Jones (first published January 23rd 2012)

Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
This book is everything that I don't like in M/F romance, heck, romance in general.

The long haired (yuck), giant of a man comes and saves the "strong" woman (who is described as strong but snivels and makes stupid choices and relies solely on the man) from her predicament. The female MC is brunette, so naturally she isn't as attractive as her blond BFF (??), and she is shy and sexually repressed. The two have insta-lust, "love" in a few days, they stop the bad guy, and then trot into the sunset.
SueBee★bring me an alpha!★
 photo free neon Pi6 by sb_zpsk5aen2r3.gif

FREE on Amazon US today (3/20/2017)

Stand-alone book 1.
FREE: https://www.amazon.com/Secrets-Tall-D...
BLURB:
Royce Walker, a former FBI Agent, who’s opened a private security firm with his brothers, has always had the hots for the prim, proper Assistant District Attorney, but considered her hand’s off because of a family connection. However, when danger threatens Lauren, he isn’t willing to stand by and watch her get hurt. Now the passion for survival is only rivaled by the passion burning betwee
Lisa Jones
Aug 09, 2012 marked it as to-read  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
WIN A $200 GIFT CARD TO CELEBRATE FALLING UNDER OUT ON JAN. 23RD

JACOB'S STORY IS FINALLY HERE! This is a standalone, and book two in the WALKER SECURITY series (the spinoff of Tall, Dark & Deadly)

Have you ordered FALLING UNDER? It's out on JANUARY 23RD! For a limited time when you pre-order you will be entered to win:

$200 gift card to the retailer of your choice
5 Chris Merit Paintbrush Pens

PLUS EVERYONE will receive the EXTENDED BONUS SCENES EBOOK!
Lyndy Ann ♫
OMG I loved the story it is a thrilling, fast-paced, suspense-filled ride in which Royce and Lauren try to find out who her stalker is with the help of the Royce's brothers Luke and Blake.

The romance was scorching too and Royce is a bossy alpha which I loved. With so many suspects, can Lauren trust anyone?

This is my first time reading Lisa Renee Jones and she has me hooked I am going straight on to Dangerous Secrets Luke and Julie's story.

Copy received from NetGalley for an honest review
Chan
Jul 05, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Predictable
description/

Writing: There were moments that were really good, like the beginning, my goodness was I hooked! However, I found Lisa Renee Jones' writing style weird at times. Example-

Royce was narrating and speaking to his brother on the phone. In that same paragraph it was narrated that his brother was looking at his computer screen. If Royce is narrating and on the phone with his brother, how can he narrate that his brother was looking at the computer screen?

Characters: Royce and Lauren were o
Shari Kay
2.5 ✭

This book has been sitting on my paperwhite forever. I think it was free when I downloaded it and I just never got around to reading it.

It was a quick read. Nothing offensive or triggerish. Alpha male who beta downs when necessary. Independent h who admits she likes his growly ways without losing herself. Instalust to love within a matter of days. The 'deception' was forgiven within the space of a car ride. The 'bad guy' was OTT, the accomplice even more so.

The details about the woman who
Susan
Sep 05, 2012 rated it liked it

3.5 Stars...

The perfect "plug & play" / "just add water" romance book.

Sure, I've read this storyline before. Sure, it was predictable. Sure, it was generic. But, I mean all those descriptions in the best way possible. I'm not going to get stuck thinking about what this book "means" and trying to find a life-changing message. I'll walk away from reading this having been entertained and having enjoyed myself. That's enough...and it's what Lisa Renee Jones does so well...

I really liked both th
Lisa
Feb 05, 2012 rated it really liked it

Royce Walker is a whole lot of sexy. He has skills that make him perfect for protecting the innocent or those in danger. He gets asked to look into some threats to a senator's daughter and out of obligation agrees to see what he can find out. He finds himself with Lauren Reynolds the beautiful Assistant DA at her father the senator's birthday party. Not long after that he already finds himself providing her with protection. Lauren is one tough chick though and it takes a lot to rattle her. As th
Sherry
Feb 16, 2012 marked it as to-read
Hot Secrets in another awesome read by author Lisa Renee Jones. If you have not read a book by this author you are in for a treat as she writes sizzling hot stories.
Lauren Reynolds is a tough assistant DA. Lauren spends most of her time working or attending media or charity events arranged by her father Senator Reynolds. Her father hopes to groom her to follow in his footsteps someday. Lauren's stepmother loves the glamour, and expects Lauren to be the doting daughter from this political family
Trish
Hot Secrets by Lisa Renee Jones
Book 1 Tall Dark & Deadly Series

Hot Secrets is the first in the tall, dark, and deadly series and is my first read from author Lisa Renee Jones. I enjoyed this sweet, hot, steamy romantic suspense novel. Lauren is an Assistant District Attorney and is known to work cases that are dangerous. She is tough as nails and keeps pushing even when there is known danger.

Royce Walker has always been attracted to Lauren and takes the opportunity to become more involved w
  • The Heart Has Reasons
  • Intimate Enemies (Covert Affairs, #1)
  • My Everything
  • In a Lover's Silence
  • Sweet Revenge (New Orleans Trilogy, #2)
  • Trial by Fire (All Fired Up, #2)
  • Slow Burn (The Fitzgerald Family, #1)
  • Last Chance to Run  (Slye Temp #0.5)
  • Eye of the Abductor
  • Stolen Fury (Stolen, #1)
  • Cade (The MacKenzie Family #5)
  • In the Moment (Moments, #1)
  • Dark Powers (Decorah Securities #4)
  • Breaking Free (SEAL TEAM Heartbreakers #1)
  • Blind Her with Bliss
  • Jungle Inferno (Phoenix Agency, #1)
  • Dark Seduction (Altered States)
  • A Taste of Liberty (Task Force 125, #2)
New York Times and USA Today bestselling author Lisa Renee Jones is the author of the highly acclaimed INSIDE OUT series. Suzanne Todd (producer of Alice in Wonderland) on the INSIDE OUT series: Lisa has created a beautiful, complicated, and sensual world that is filled with intrigue and suspense. Sara’s character is strong, flawed, complex, and sexy - a modern girl we all can identify with.

In add
More about Lisa Renee Jones...

Tall, Dark & Deadly (5 books)
  • Dangerous Secrets (Tall, Dark & Deadly, #2)
  • Beneath the Secrets (Tall, Dark & Deadly, #3)
  • Deep Under (Walker Security, #1; Tall, Dark & Deadly, #4)
  • Tall, Dark and Deadly Books 0.5 - 3