Start by marking “Froggy Rides a Bike” as Want to Read:
Froggy Rides a Bike

Froggy Rides a Bike

(Froggy)

Froggy just got his very first bike, and it’s exactly what he wanted. Almost. Finishing touches like a bell and a horn have to be added before Froggy is ready to ride. Then, surrounded by cheering friends, Froggy starts to pedal. Oops! He falls off. He tries again. Oops! Riding a bike is hard! After a long day, and a few bumps and bruises, Froggy finally learns to ride—and ...more
Published May 4th 2006 by Viking Books for Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about Froggy Rides a Bike, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Froggy Rides a Bike

James B
Jan 13, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: kid-s-bike-books
It's a bummer that Froggy acts spoiled and demanding... and that Froggy's dad repeatedly lies to Froggy.
Kayla DeRemer
Aug 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children-s-books
These books are such great children's books! Every child loves to read about Froggy, and his adventures. Most of the things that Froggy does, children can relate to and may have experienced. Many children can laugh and have fun reading this book, which again makes it a wonderful book. This is a must have book in the classroom.
J
Jul 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I got this for my nephew for his birthday. Between he and his little sister and I, this book was read the normal way, in a way where it was read the opposite of what was actually happening, and backward, all in one sitting. Needless to say it was a hit.
Janet C-B
Sep 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
I am a fan of Froggy children's picture books.
Christine Grant
May 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: storytime
Transportation Story Time.
Katy
Sep 21, 2018 rated it did not like it
I'm against the norm here with librarian I guess, but Froggy is just continuously not doing it for me.
Miss Sarah
Apr 23, 2019 rated it liked it
Froggy is super excited to get his first bike and learn how to ride. Will it go well? Preschool and up
Elizabeth Finney
I mean, it is a Froggy book, and there are kids who looovvvvve Froggy books, and he does work to learn the bike. And his exuberance is undeniable. But I think too young for my kiddos.
Gabrielle
Froggy, is a great character that children can relate too. In each book, he goes through exciting adventures, faces obstacles, and learns. In this story, he learned how to ride a bike. Froggy has some difficulties while he's learning. He faces all of the expected obstacles when you think of children learning how to ride a bike. He falls, he struggles, he gets back up, and tries again. Young kids can relates to this, especially if they want to learn, if they just learned or they are learning. It ...more
Beckie Coldiron
Mar 11, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: children-books
Froggy always tends to have some sort of adventure! Children will love embarking on this ride, as Froggy learns how to ride a bike. I think this book would make an excellent prompt for step-by-step procedures in writing; in fact, you could encourage your students to make their own step-by-step procedures with this text as an example. Additionally, this book provides a great writing prompt since ever student can relate to having to practice something over and over again. I'd recommend this book f ...more
Elizabeth Heuston

Audience: pre-k to 2nd grade

Theme: Persistence, faith, family help

Use: Read Aloud, shared reading, independent reading

Reading Level: Emergant

Illustrations: The pictures make the reader want read the story. They also support the text

Thoughts: The story follows Froggy on his adventure of learning how to ride a bike.
Samantha
Dec 09, 2011 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: My Sister!!!!
Froggy's so funny!! He never once stops to think about what he's doing. He is just like most of the kids I've known. Froggy loves his bike...even though he only has one in his dreams! Then he finally gets one and wants to ride it and do all sorts of tricks.....but he hasn't even learned to ride yet!!!

When reading this book, I laughed just as much as Frogilina =)
Patricia
Froggy is on an adventure to get a bike. Froggy's Dad takes him to buy a bike. After a bike is chosen, Froggy's Dad takes him so that Froggy can learn. "I won't let go" Froggy's Dad promises over and over, but he always lets Froggy go anyway. The sounds Froggy makes are fun to read aloud with a child.

For those familiar with the Accelerated Reader Program, this is a 2.1 level book.
Matthew
In an odd way, this reminded me of my experience when I was learning to ride a bike. The most apparent similarity was the way Froggy's father insisted that he wouldn't let go, only to let go each and every time. This wasn't a great trust building experience for me, and I imagine it wasn't that reassuring for Froggy either.
Shelley
May 06, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Excellent -- our toddler loves these Froggy books; they are very conducive to emphasizing the bonding relationship between parents (family members) and their children; the words in the discussions are also illustrated in the book, encouraging children to associate letters and words with their significance...
Madonna
Jan 30, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: anytime, animals
I really enjoyed this book. Everything froggy did was a failure, but he ends up learning to ride his bike in the end. The kids were really attentive during the reading of this book because they were familiar with the froggy series and liked to hear about his new adventures. It's a good idea to have all the books from the series and introduce them to the children one by one.
Kathy (Kindle-aholic)
Jan 28, 2012 rated it really liked it
The kiddo loves the Froggy books. We've read this one many times already.

Froggy gets his first bike, and needs to learn how to ride it. Lots of Oops moments (wouldn't be a Froggy book wthout those), but the kiddo thought it was funny and the right amount of silly. She's also really into riding bikes right now, so this works.
Hannah
Nov 27, 2012 rated it it was ok
PB 32
I really didn't like this book. I feel like this book was written for children and therefore feels overly simplified. The story pulls too many "kid" elements that would possibly attract their attention, but overall it makes it feel like a story without much heart. The characters are dull and unmemorable.
Blakeley Norris
This is another Froggy book where Froggy gets a new bike and learns how to ride it. This would be cute around Christmas or around Birthdays if students mention that they want a new bike. It is also useful to teach a lesson on how to do learn to do something new and to encourage children that they can learn how to do new things and it might be hard at first, but to keep trying.
Robin
Apr 30, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: smart
This was an intro to a series that is new for me; clever.

SMART

Joan
Apr 21, 2008 rated it liked it
Colin picked this out at the book fair at Aunt Lorie's library. Good "keep trying" story.
Heather Jo
Jun 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: meggie-list
Becky
Aug 03, 2007 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture
Another great Froggy... book! Wonderful illustrations!
Alexandria
Dec 09, 2011 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Children who like or love Froggy and to those who love to read.
Shelves: picture-books
Froggy loves his bike. That his dad bought for him. At first Froggy falls and his dad lets go. Froggy tries it again. Again his dad lets go, but Froggy doesn't fall.
Sue
What another wonderful Froggy book - very appropriate as my nephew will be getting a bike for Christmas
Deborah Harris
This is a fun book full of sound words. Froggy gets a new bike with a horn and a bell. Froggy is learning to ride. Kids love this story. We used it as a jumping off place for predictions.
Amelia
Apr 27, 2013 rated it it was ok
the dad is deceptive about letting go. i don't like it.
Marinda
Sep 10, 2013 rated it did not like it
I didn't like that the dad always lied. Not my style.
Joy
Apr 18, 2015 rated it liked it
Froggy picks out his first bike.
Carol
May 14, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-book
Jonathan London's Froggy books are always a fun read-aloud. This one was particularly enjoyable for us as my son is learning to ride his bike without training wheels.

• Little Quack's Hide and Seek
  • Henry and Mudge and Annie's Perfect Pet (Henry and Mudge, #20)
  • On Beyond Bugs (Cat In The Hat's Learning Library)
  • One Mitten
  • Curious George in the Snow
  • What Mommies Do Best / What Daddies Do Best
  • Where Do Balloons Go?
  • There Was an Old Lady Who Swallowed a Chick!
  • The Night Before Summer Vacation
  • Where Is Home, Little Pip?
  • Zoomer
  • I Spy on the Farm
  • Frog, Where Are You?
  • Big Chickens
  • Franklin Wants a Pet
  • Thomas and Percy and the Dragon (Thomas & Friends: Step into Reading)
  • The Cow That Went OINK
  • Alphabet Rescue
Jonathan London is the author of several celebrated children's books. His commitment to honoring the wonders of the natural world has been lauded by readers and critics alike. He is the author of more than 70 children's books, many of which are about nature. He's also the author of the popular Froggy series. He lives in Graton, California with his wife and two sons.

Froggy (1 - 10 of 28 books)
  • Froggy Gets Dressed