Start by marking “Froggy Goes to Bed” as Want to Read:
Froggy Goes to Bed

Froggy Goes to Bed (Froggy)

4.01  ·  Rating details ·  847 Ratings  ·  58 Reviews
It's time for bed! Not if Froggy has his way! Even after a long day of playing, Froggy's still not tired. His bath is ready, but first Froggy has to find his boat. And where are his pajamas? And how did his toothbrush get into the cookie jar? Oh, Frrooggyy! Now it's time to go to sleep, right? But Froggy can't sleep without a bedtime story! Join Froggy as he hops, flops, a ...more
Published June 10th 2002 by Puffin Books (first published 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Froggy Goes to Bed, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Froggy Goes to Bed

Scott Middleton
Mar 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2nd-grade-2016
Dear Readers in Room 2B06,

Have you ever read a book that is with a character that does not want to go to bed? If you did, you will want to read "Froggy Goes to Bed". I like this book because sometimes I don't want to go to bed too. Just like Froggy!

In this book it was nighttime for Froggy so Froggy went to bed but Froggy woke up. So Froggy's mom came to look at Froggy and Froggy said, "Can I have a glass of water?" Mom said, "Yes, but only one glass of water, ok?" Ok, mom I will only have one gl
Niki (Daydream Reader)
Dec 05, 2011 rated it really liked it
This is my three year old! He avoids going to bed just like Froggy. Plus, he loves this book too.
Lacey
Mar 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Very cute story about getting ready for bed. Froggy stories always make me smile.
Kelly
Jan 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great bedtime story!
Vicki
Sep 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
It's time for Froggy to go to bed, but will he ever get there?

In typical "Froggy" fashion, the author truly relates the struggle to get young ones to bed.
Samantha
Dec 10, 2011 rated it it was ok
This book is cute, but for some reason...Froggy always manages to annoy me.
Before I get into this little review of mine, what in the heck does sentence #2 even mean??
"Froggy was too pooped to pop." I just don't get it. What is this pop that London speaks of?

Anyway. For being so tired, Froggy doesn't seem like he's going to bed anytime soon. He has enough energy to yell and hop everywhere on some goose chase for his bedtime preparation objects.

Forgive me, but I always assumed that the sole purp
Vernice
Dec 20, 2016 rated it it was ok
Froggy is a spoiled little shit that should cut his mom some slack... also, why the hell was his toothbrush in the cookie jar?
Tayler Bingham
Jul 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
London, Jonathan. "Froggy Goes to Bed." Puffin Books. New York, New York: 2002. Print. This is the story of a young Frog named Froggy who goes through his process of getting ready for bed. his mom reminds him to do everything, and each time, Froggy has to go find something, which he does, then use it, which he also does. The story ends as Froggy has his mom read a story to him only to have her fall asleep in the middle of it. . The book uses a high gloss texture illustrations that really focus o ...more
Patty
Dec 10, 2011 rated it it was ok
Shelves: children-picture
In this story, Froggy's Mother is trying her best to get Froggy--"who isn't tired" off to bed. It is the story of every parent who has or has ever had a young child. There is a bath, a spilled glass of water, another glass of water, lost bedtime items and finally a tuckered out Mother who has read too many bedtime stories. It made me wonder where Daddy Frog was in all this. It is a cute story, even though, I could have done without Froggy answering his mother "WHAT??" all the time, as I prefer m ...more
Rosa Cline
May 22, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: kids, bedtime
Froggy's mother is trying to get Froggy to go to bed she starts with him on one thing, then he takes his time doing it. Then he has to do something else and then something else. And then finally after Mama is very tired he asks for a story to be read. Mama says it's okay so she sits down to read and she starts in the story but soon she falls asleep in her chair reading to him. He smiles and falls asleep as well.

This story is a cute one but from a parent view point Froggy didn't mind like he sho
Laura Brenneisen
Title: Froggy Goes to Bed By: Jonathan London Copyright: 2000 Number of Pages: 28 Lit Require: Picture Book: general storybook from any genre

This is one of my favorite books from when I was little. it is about a little "Froggy" and his mom who tries to get him to go to sleep. even though "Froggy" is tired he does anything and everything to not have to go to sleep. Finally, after everything was accomplished they both fell asleep together.

This book would be really good for a kindergarten-2 grade c
Meems
Mar 16, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Anyone
I have loved 'Froggy' books since the day I heard Jose read it aloud to our children (at the Monterey Center for Children and Families) at nap time. That was back in 2001.
Since then I have collected as many as I have come in contact with and enjoy reading them to my youngest niece Samantha. She loves froggies just like her Mee-mee. She runs in the house and says, "Mee-mee?, you wead me fwoggie?" And of course I cant resist. She gets so excited with all the noises that froggy makes and her favo
Jourdan Aanenson
Froggy has adventures in his process of going to bed, for Froggy this can be a very long and hard process for a child as young as Froggy.

This book has very vivid pictures. The shape of froggys head is a triange and a circle shape. It intrigures the young readers to keep on reading because of the non-originality in his looks. There are no borders in this book simply because the pictures fill up the whole page. The colors in this book stand out a lot. They used water paints and are very colorful,
Lisa
Apr 28, 2016 rated it did not like it
This is the second going to bed book that I have read with a similar theme and it is one I don't care for. The child (or in this case frog) comes up with tons of excuses why they can't get ready for bed to the point that by the end of the story the mom is so exhausted she falls asleep before the child. Not saying it doesn't happen but isn't an idea I want to give my child that it is fun to try and outlast their parent at bedtime. Won't be reading again.
Sarah Adamson
This is probably the best Froggy book I've read although I still don't like them much! Froggy finds every excuse to put off going to bed but in a nicer way than some other books. The final request is for his mother to read him a story and she has been getting tired too and falls asleep before him. He just says goodnight and falls asleep too. Sort of fun. Gentler in some ways and nice parental involvement.
Lori Shook
The Froggy books are like airport novels for kids--there may not always be much sustenance, but they are entertaining. Kids usually think it's funny to see Froggy flop, flop, flop and "turn more red in the face than green" when he embarrasses himself. I would keep some Froggy books in my class for very active kids who have a hard time connecting and finding books interesting because Froggy himself is "high-energy".
Breanna DeAngelis
Jan 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Froggy Goes to Bed was one of my favorite books growing up. It is helpful when teaching kids the things they have to do before going to bed, but also adds a little humor as Froggy wants more and more things as the night progresses. The language is very simple and the pictures can explain the story on their own. I think this is a great book for kids to read on their own or with an adult.
Hazel
Although I read the second sentence of the story as "Froggy was too pooped to poop," rather than the less hilarious and actual sentence "Froggy was too pooped to pop" I still enjoyed this one. Reminded me of Go the Fuck to Sleep but without the swears.
Sandy
May 11, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a great bedtime book, espcially for the 3-6 age group. "Froggy" goes through all the rituals of a child's bedtime, as his tired mother patiently waits as he "finds" several important items needed to get him into bed and asleep. Entertaining for both children and adults. Adorable illustrations, too!)
Kristen Jett
Feb 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
I love this book - but Froggy...could use some discipline. He's a bit unruly, doesn't listen well, and backtalks his momma more than any Southern girl can imagine a child getting away with. However, it's still a DARLING read - I think this will be a great book in the future to discuss what is and isn't acceptable behavior wise.
Darlene
Nov 16, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: bedtime
Not a bedtime story for my son. Froggy makes him laugh giggle and wake up not fall asleep. And still trying to figure out why the toothbrush in the cookie jar. Well Froggy's antics are to much to call this a bedtime book. But a good book
Jess
Mar 23, 2009 rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-books, z_09
It's time for bed, but first...

It was fine, had some fun sound effects, and the kindergartners giggled.

Although - his mom is too accommodating to all of his "but first, I need" postponements and he should brush his teeth after his bowl of flies -- the kids picked up on that too.
Jan 29, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: children-s-lit
This book gives a very accurate description of what it's like to put kids to bed. As I read it, I was cracking up because it's so true. I have always enjoyed reading the foggy series, but this one tops them all. I think this one of those books that would be really easy for kids to relate to.
Mary McDaneld
Sep 24, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: el230
I would love to read this book in the future to children who claim they're "not tired" but we all know they actually are. Froggy tries to fool his mother into thinking he isn't sleepy, but his mom is smart enough to realize that he is. This silly story is fun for any tired reader!
Michelle Higgins
Apr 12, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Froggy Goes to Bed is a great book for making connections. Primary students really enjoy the Froggy series.
Ashlyn Barker
This sums up the bed time routine of many children everywhere...no matter how tired they are, they never want to sleep! This wasn't my favorite, but children and parents would relate to this book.
Angie
Sep 26, 2011 rated it really liked it
Really cute!
Ruby
Sep 25, 2014 rated it did not like it
The school sends these books home with a few of my grade schoolers. The kids think they are hilarious. I think they encourage sassy mouths.
Lissette Loya
Sep 24, 2009 rated it it was amazing
The first time i ever read a book was this one. Even though it was in spanish i loved it
Heather
Jan 20, 2010 rated it liked it
Shelves: children
Cute book...the rhythm is great for a bedtime story.
  • Merry Christmas, Curious George
  • Henry and Mudge and the Forever Sea (Henry and Mudge, #6)
  • Clifford and the Big Parade (Clifford)
  • Arthur's Birthday (Arthur Adventure Series)
  • Zoomer
  • The Letters Are Lost: A Picture Book about the Alphabet
  • Franklin's Halloween
  • Fancy Nancy: Sees Stars
  • Good Night, Good Knight
Jonathan London is the author of several celebrated children's books. His commitment to honoring the wonders of the natural world has been lauded by readers and critics alike. He is the author of more than 70 children's books, many of which are about nature. He's also the author of the popular Froggy series. He lives in Graton, California with his wife and two sons.
More about Jonathan London...

Froggy (1 - 10 of 28 books)
  • Froggy Gets Dressed