Start by marking “The Wild Toboggan Ride” as Want to Read:
The Wild Toboggan Ride

The Wild Toboggan Ride

4.13  ·  Rating details ·  45 Ratings  ·  12 Reviews
The last toboggan ride of the day becomes an adventure through town for Nicki, Grandpa Dan, and some very surprised passengers
Unknown Binding, 22 pages
Published January 1st 1992 by Scholastic Inc

To ask other readers questions about The Wild Toboggan Ride, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Wild Toboggan Ride

Erin
Feb 24, 2010 rated it it was amazing
This story is really fun! My students were easily able to tell me the story as we did a picture walk. This story is about a little girl and grandpa spending the day together sledding. The little girl wants to take one more ride before going home. Grandpa reluctantly agrees, but when he gives her toboggan a push he slips on his scarf and lands on the toboggan. The sled takes off out of control. They travel through the village running into other villagers that fall onto the toboggan. After a crazy ...more
Kaitlyn Halbrook
Mar 12, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: other
This book is good because of the use of onomatopoeia. It also is just funny to read and the pictures are really fun to look at.
Connie
Nov 09, 2009 rated it really liked it
Aw... you know the feeling of sledding. You always want to go back for ONE LAST RIDE, right? Pity grown-ups forget that sort of thing. They really need reminding...

Like... maybe... the sort of reminding that happens when your grandpa accidentally falls onto your toboggan and you go sliding all the way through town, picking up bakers and cops and mailmen on the way? Each new person causes the rest of them to squabble about sitting still in their own spots, which of course is wildly amusing given
Hope
Parenthesis galore in this picture book. I can see myself assigning roles for the characters in this book and allowing the children in the classroom to model fluency and inflection as they read yahoo, wowza, fiddlesticks, etc. This book has the potential to be very engaging as children eagerly await the seasons first snow, if they are lucky that is. In addition, you could pass around an ice cube and practice visualization or using descriptive words in writing.
Heather
Feb 24, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: own, winter-snow
34 months - grandpa needed a reminder of how much fun it is to go sledding! Just one more time!!! Oh how many times did I say that to my Dad? And now I hear it from O too. She loves a good fast ride down the hill!
Mama
Jan 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This was a great read aloud book. My kids loved this silliness of the WILD TOBOGGAN RIDE.
An out of control toboggan slides though town, and people keep falling onto the toboggan. My kids were giggling through the whole book. It was a very fun read.
Guided Reading Level L
DRA 20
May 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-book, kidlit
This is a fun frolic in the snow.
Vanessa Westen
Fun story about a chaotic toboggan ride picking up various characters.
Ally Simmons
Jan 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fiction
Cute book for read aloud in winter theme
Lisa Morrow