Start by marking “Beach Colors” as Want to Read:
Beach Colors

Beach Colors (Crescent Cove #1)

3.78  ·  Rating details ·  2,352 Ratings  ·  217 Reviews
While renowned designer Margaux Sullivan was presenting her highly praised collection during New York City's Fashion Week, her husband was cleaning out their bank account. A week after he disappeared, the bank foreclosed on Margaux's apartment and business.

Suddenly broke, betrayed, and humiliated, Margaux has nowhere else to turn to but home: the small coastal town of Cres
Published June 12th 2012 by William Morrow Paperbacks (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Beach Colors, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Beach Colors

Jul 05, 2013 rated it it was ok
If I was driving up I-95 and saw a sign for Crescent Cove, I'd probably say, "There's a little dress shop there that makes clothes inspired by the sea and natural environment, let's stop. There's also a great place to get clam rolls, we can get lunch. It won't take long, and then we'll be on our way again to our destination." My companions would turn to me and say, "That sounds wonderful, and I can't wait to stretch my legs. Hope those clam rolls don't go straight to my hips!" We'd exchange sunn ...more
Cindy
Jan 04, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2013-read
With a name like "Beach Colors", you can just about bet you have found a perfect beach read! And this book delivered on that score!! A woman taken to the cleaners by her psychotic ex goes back 'home' to the beach house she grew up in, reconnects with her old friends and even an old (kinda) flame who just happens to be the chief of police with the responsibility of raising his orphaned nephew whose living with his mother.
(view spoiler)
Ruth
Oct 30, 2013 rated it really liked it
Betrayal? Ambition? Desire? Commitment? Friendship? Love? This book has it all. In a lovely trip to the CT shore, we meet Margaux, an up and coming designer who has just been raked over the coals by her husband. Having lost all she owns and without any other place to go, she returns to her family summer home in Crescent Cove, CT. where she begins to heal and remember the good times of her youth. Reaching her dreams has always been a large part of her life, but as she struggles back to the top is ...more
Shelby
Jan 15, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2014
This was a decent book. I really liked parts of the story, but didn't care for the way the ending played out. It seemed rushed at the end. I didn't think the writing flowed well in some spots... Some sentences seemed awkwardly written. Overall it was a quick fun read though.
Annie Burge
Jun 20, 2014 rated it liked it
Ok summer read. I absolutely loved the beautiful descriptions of the nature-inspired fabrics and can still 'see' the creations. While I was intrigued with all the family issues, too many of the characters just didn't seem to ever become fully developed. Linda, however, was a hilarious exception! (Nook book at discount price)
Kathleen (Kat) Smith
Margaux Sullivan is at the end of her rope. Once at the top of her game in the fashion world, creating breath-taking designs and clothes, her husband Louis, emptied the house, their bank account and her world when he left without saying anything. Now that she has her car and a little money left, she heads back to her childhood home, a beach front house in Crescent Cove, Connecticut. Just before she finally makes it to her retreat, red and blue flashing lights appear in her rearview mirror. This ...more
Vickie
I really enjoyed Beach Colors by Shelley Noble. It was a quick, fun read over the Thanksgiving holiday and was a good reminder of what family and friendship is about.

Margaux is a successful fashion designer who, when we first meet her, is having all her personal and professional goods repossessed thanks to her ex-husband. She returns home to Connecticut to family and friends to rebuild her life. Of course there is a man from her past, a young child, and a mother who is there with wisdom. Who I
 Gigi Ann
My Thoughts...

When I noticed this book, I thought, Oh! What a fun looking summer book to read. Well....I struggled all month trying to get this book read. I read two books before I finally decided I'm going to finish this book if it takes all the rest of the month of July and August to get it read. It just seemed to go on and on, never going anywhere, I thought it would never end. It said 286 pages but it seemed more like 1000 pages... It sure wasn't that fun summer read that I thought it was go
Bette
May 18, 2013 rated it it was ok
Beach Colors is a romance novel. The story was pretty good, but the book does contain four letter words. I figured I could get past those and I did. I was about 3/4 the way through the book when the author threw in a descriptive sex scene. So, be warned if you are wanting to read this book.
The story is about a very successful fashion designer whose husband wipes out her bank accounts and ruins her business and then disappears, leaving her to find her way out of the mess.
She returns to her old
Jamie-leigh Haughn
Jul 20, 2014 rated it liked it
This book had a promising start however it kind of fizzled out for me at the half way point. The romance happened very fast and seemed kind of random, I also found there wasn't much depth to the characters and the overall plot. It was an enjoyable read, however not the best.
Kevan Lyon
Feb 09, 2012 rated it it was amazing
A wonderful story of friendship and love rediscovered. This is a book you can "sink into" and just enjoy. A perfect summer read -- I am a fan!
Elizabeth
Sep 01, 2013 rated it really liked it
A fun little beach read.
Stacy
Aug 18, 2018 rated it liked it
Kristine
Jul 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Family, failure, friends & frustration

I got so wrapped up in this story, I didn't want to go to do anything but read. At heart it is a story of redemption -- or maybe what's really important in life. Sometimes the characters had me muttering about their stubbornness and failure to say what was in their hearts. You can get the plot outline on the blurbs -- to me, the important part is that it is about me and probably you, the failures we face and the people we become over time. I loved it.
Janice Llewellyn
Oct 03, 2017 rated it it was ok
Summer time Chick Lit.... started out pretty good, but went down a boring hill fast. The characters were likeable, but not believable of long ago school friends. Wasn't very believable, that after 20 years of no contact, all of a sudden, they all get back together and once again Best Friends...ugh.
And the main male character couldn't be less likeable...geesh.
But I always try to finish a book, so pushed thru it.
I did like the fashion element, but not much else.
Destry Graves
Sep 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A love story? Yes, but...

A heroine whose had the rug pulled out from under her. At the lowest point she can be instead of climbing in bed and staying there she recreates her dream and along the way finds herself in the middle of a love story. Filled with characters that beg for books of their own. Shelley Noble had me with the first mention of sweet Connor so traumatized in his short like he can't speak above a whisper.
Cindy Feigert
Jul 17, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: summer-reads
This was my first Shelley Noble read. I enjoyed this book. The author crafted an interesting story with characters you could care about. The main characters Nick and Margaux find their way to each other while dealing with problems in their life. Although I did find it a little hard to believe a guy would pine for a 13 year old girl for over 20years. I liked the supporting characters, especially sweet little Conner. I would definitely read another book by this author.
Jenny Middendorf
Jun 08, 2017 rated it it was ok
I wanted an easy reading beach novel. I wanted to like this- but characters felt flat and cold. The thing I felt was missing the most was just character and relationship development. The setting was good and well illustrated, but just felt that the story never really developed, and everything was just too neatly predictable.
Michelle Halber
Jun 01, 2018 rated it it was ok
2 1/2 stars.

I've been hunting for some beach books to recommend. This story isn't bad, features women in their mid 30's, a quaint beach town and a storyline that doesn't put people together overnight.

I'm not sure why I am not more enthuastic about this book. I am interested enough to see about the storylines for the other 2 main female leads.
Ann
Aug 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I listened to this book. It was great. I looked forward to my ride home every day just to listen to the next chapter. It is about losing it all and finding/reinventing yourself and what is really important in life.
Rachelle
Jan 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Beach Colors.... almost every part of this book was perfection! I loved the inspiration Margoux received at the Boardwalk and the relationships that quickly developed. I wish the ending was lengthened. It felt rushed and inconclusive. I ended the book wanting more... a part 2 or epilogue at least.
Holly Symonds
Jun 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Brand new author I had never read. Loved every bit of the book. Small town charm. Great storyline. Characters were perfect. Fell in love with this book. Passed it on to my mom and ordered more books from this author.
Jenn
Jun 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audiobooks
Cute. Perfect for a summer listen...
Chris
Jun 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Stumbled across this author and greatly enjoyed this book. Will definitely read more from her!
Sherrie Wright
Jul 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another great vacation read from Shelley Noble. I really enjoyed it.
Barbara Stone
Aug 02, 2017 rated it liked it
Very predictable, but a fun read.
Hope
Jun 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
We all have to make choices in life.
Helena
Jul 08, 2017 rated it liked it
Good summer read.
Madelynn
May 26, 2017 rated it liked it
3.5
Ashley
Jul 20, 2018 rated it liked it
I’ve been really into beach reads as a guilty pleasure lately but this was just okay. The writing was good but the story just wasn’t one I could get emotionally invested in.
  • Monarch Beach
  • The Guest House
  • The Family Beach House
  • Ocean Beach (Ten Beach Road, #2)
  • The Beach House (The Beach House #1)
  • One Good Friend Deserves Another
  • Mother of the Bride
  • Grounded (May Hollow Trilogy, Book #1)
  • Beach Rental (Emerald Isle #1)
  • The View From Here (Eureka, Colorado, #1)
  • The Garden of Happy Endings
  • Summer Breeze
  • Driftwood Summer
  • Another Summer
  • The Cottage At Glass Beach
  • The Rich and the Dead (Lila Day, #1)
  • Wallflower in Bloom
  • Swimming Lessons (Beach House #2)
Shelley Noble is a multi published fiction author whose books have been translated into seven languages. She writes women’s fiction as Shelley Noble and is also the author of several amateur sleuth mystery series, written as Shelley Freydont.

A former professional dancer and choreographer, she most recently worked on the films, Mona Lisa Smile and The Game Plan. She also consults on various dance a
More about Shelley Noble

Crescent Cove (2 books)
  • Holidays at Crescent Cove
“Life was about loss. One minute standing on the promise of your dreams, then free-falling backward into nothingness. Is this what it meant to grow old? To gradually be stripped of all you cared about. And then what? Were you supposed to spend the rest of your life, dreaming about the past while you waited to die? Or did you start a new life, set the cycle in motion once again. Take the chance of losing that, too. And if you did, what happened to the old life? Did it die away from lack of attention?” 5 likes
“Strength ebbed and flowed, but brittle would break.” 3 likes