Start by marking “Concisus (Verita, #2)” as Want to Read:
Concisus (Verita, #2)

Concisus (Verita #2)

3.95  ·  Rating details ·  261 Ratings  ·  29 Reviews
Against all odds Brett and Ryan found their way back to the base. But it’s not quite the homecoming they envisioned. Their friends are all love struck and Dr. Brant’s seems intent on making their life miserable.
ebook
Published March 26th 2012 (first published March 25th 2012)

Lee Lee
Apr 18, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I like that these books don't end in cliffhangers. I have a love/hate relationship with cliffhangers. After reading this book, I'm still looking forward to the next one, but I'm not ripping my hair out.
Christina (Ensconced in Lit)
Mar 31, 2012 rated it really liked it
I received this as a gift from the author but this does not affect my review.

Concisus is the second book in the Verita series by Tracy Rozzlynn. The story takes off from where the first one left off. Brett, our fearless protagonist, and her love interest Ryan have made it back safely back to civilization. Little do they expect the hostile reception and the long quarantine that meets them when they arrive. As the book progresses, we realize this is just the first mystery to present itself and the
Lidia
May 31, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ya-dystopian, romance
Just finished book 2. Book 1 ended well and so I was eager to see the resolutions in book 2. (in fact I bought and started it immediately) It was satisfying although some resolutions seemed a bit too easy. (Although, to be honest, I prefer less drama and more "yay things are going right for a change!" lol) I appreciated every time that Brett gets into trouble for some initiative because let's face it, no matter how well intentioned we are, we don't get off without punishment when rules are broke ...more
Cassandra (The book & movie dimension blogger)
--Full, non-spoiler review courtesy at Book & Movie Dimension a Blog--

In Verita, we encountered a new planet along with Brett who found out about certain secret plots with the colonization of the new planet-Verita. Now in Concius, we get to see Brett start to take action against the authority in her settlement. Things don't always go as planned and quite a few people get hurt. Brett soon becomes embroiled in many problems and finally finds that maybe stopping secret plots from occuring like
Kelly Johnston
Mar 04, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I really enjoyed coming back to this story and these characters. They are all so easy to like:) The story line picked up exactly where it left off and just kept going. The only thing I would say I would have liked to see is a little more tie back to the first. Either a quick update for readers picking it up after a while from reading the first. Or just some reminders on the background. I know its a sequel and you typically have read the first before picking up book 2 it just seemed strange to no ...more
Mia
Jun 14, 2012 rated it it was ok
What a total waste of my time. It was a horrible disappointment compared to the first book. I kept waiting for something grand to happen but never did. There was hardly any romance and most of the time the main character was being an idiot. I'm pissed I even bothered. The author could have tried a little harder to write a story!!
Kelly
Apr 18, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: ya
Loved, loved Verita.... but this is just a tangled, tedious mess. Too many characters, too many repeating situations (How many times do we need to save a friends life by ignoring the rules?), too many storylines.

This could have/should have been 1/3 shorter, with 5 less characters, and 1 less plotline. Then, it would have been a strong 3 or 4 star review.
JJBMocha
Apr 02, 2012 rated it really liked it
Reading this series feels like watching Spielberg's movie. What I didn't like is that it was longer than it should be and it bothered me that Brett forgave Ryan to easily and there was no real remorse from him...at least it wasn't obvious. Otherwise I enjoyed the book, enjoyed reading about Brett, how mature she is. I am definitely buying the next book in the series.
Tricia
Apr 04, 2012 rated it really liked it
An excellent second part of the series, I really enjoyed it and read it in about a day. Although there are some typographical errors that make reading some parts a bit difficult, I was happy to look past them. A few slow parts towards the beginning, but still fast-paced and left me wanting more.
Vmnichols
Apr 11, 2012 rated it it was amazing
i love these books :)
Lisa Kistler
Jun 03, 2012 rated it really liked it
I liked how the story moved along in this installment. I will say it just ends and well I would love more. I hope it won' t be long until book 3!
Cris Bergin
May 04, 2012 rated it really liked it
A great follow-up to the 1st in the Veritas Series! I can't wait for the next one....
Danette Cole
Mar 28, 2012 rated it really liked it
Really good story with likable characters. Look forward to the next one.
D.M. Dutcher
It still has some of the good qualities of the first book, but stumbles a bit more, with some of those good qualities working against it. Brett and Ryan have made it back to the colony. They are immediately quarantined, and they soon notice changes in everyone. Their wise adviser is now irritable and cranky. Her best friend is dating someone she is completely mismatched for, on the level of her romance with Brody from the first book. In fact everyone seems to be love-crazy. What is going on?

The
Laura Navello
I need more :(

The continuation to Verita starts immediately after the first book. Ryan and Brett are found and brought back into the base and put on quarantine for a month with people and scientists making tests and interrogating them on their weeks in the wild. Nobody tells them anything about why they are being treated like guinea pigs and they are both kept separate so they don’t know if the other one is ok.

Even after they are released, their world is turned against them. They are no longer
Janell Sutherland
Oct 17, 2012 rated it really liked it
This is a pretty creative YA sci-fi series. It's a new planet explored and maintained almost entirely by teenagers who were orphaned or abandoned on Earth and received subliminal training to do every job necessary. My main impression is that this plot moves fast. A lot happens, and the narrator, Brett, doesn't spend a lot of time in introspection. She has a crazy idea? She has friends with amazing abilities who make it happen. Time moves quickly, too, because these characters spend a lot of time ...more
Stacy
Nov 03, 2012 rated it liked it
This book was a great continuation of Verita, although I have two main complaints. First one is that I really don't understand the title at all. Most titles are pulled from the story somehow, but I just can't figure out at all how Concisus became the title. Second complaint is that the ending did not leave off on the cliffhanger that Verita left off on. I think that it meant to have a cliffhanger, but it simply did not have the impact that the first book did. I wish that the book was a little bi ...more
Emily
Jun 18, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle
This book picks up exactly where the first book ended and it has a pretty good pace. The “bigger plot” becomes much more evident in this book and plays a larger role. While I really love Brett as a character there were several times where I found her frustrating. There were also several times where I felt things were settled or wrapped up too easily. Despite my frustrations, I couldn’t put the book down. There is something about the writing that really sucked me in.

The ending was not as blunt of
Doreen
Nov 11, 2013 rated it liked it
things really didn't turn up as well as they thought when they returned to base. brett found herself surrounded with lovestruck friends and suddenly everyone was paired up and getting married. brett had her own suspicions of this seemingly 'natural' relationships.
it is now up to brett to figure things out and get to the bottom of it. but at what cost? read on if you must know - (view spoiler)
Kate Copeseeley
Another enjoyable addition to this series. I think Rozzlynn has a gift that lets her get away with the most outlandish plot points imaginable (even for sci-fi) and yet still keeps me reading the entire way through. I do wish she had the benefit of a person who could help her hone her work more, but hopefully that will come with time anyway.

Definitely one of the better indies.
Beth
Feb 19, 2013 rated it liked it
Not nearly as good as the first book, Verita. This one seemed more simplistically written, or maybe it was just that I did not find the storyline as compelling and therefore focused on the writing style.
Kim
Aug 12, 2012 rated it liked it
I really wanted to like this book b/c I really enjoyed the first book in the series...but this book seemed to typical of other #2 books in a series- kind of boring with not much plot. Hopefully something interesting happens in book #3.
✿Claire✿ (Tiny Owl)
Jun 01, 2015 marked it as want-to-get-hold-of-soon  ·  review of another edition
I really really want to read this book but apparently it is not available on Kindle (despite there supposedly being a Kindle edition) and the only option is to pay £999 for a paperback. Very disappointing as the first in the series was available in the past (haven't checked now) for Kindle.
Lisa
Aug 29, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2012, kindle-books
Again... some minor issues... but I liked the characters and the story.
I really must wonder, though... what exactly is meant by biologist and botanist in this book? Seems like one of a few glaring issues.
Finished the book in short order, though :)
Nov 23, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: tossed
An excellent sequel, this deepens the society that has been created on Verita as Brett struggles to re-integrate after having survived outside the compound with Ryan. Humanity also seems to be up to its old tricks as well.
Leah
Sep 25, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy
Took a little while to get used the writer's style, but now I want to see what happens! Where's book 3?!
Morgan
Jun 14, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites
I liked this book, not as much as the first though, some parts were a bit slow, but i look forward to the next book!
Alexandra
Jul 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Great continuation to the first book. Possibly even better. So much happened in this series and I want to read more!!! Amazing plot and characters. :)
Robin Hall
Aug 28, 2012 rated it it was ok
Just did not live up to the first book. It just did not pull me into the story.
Gunnar Gilbertson
Mar 24, 2015
  • Bite
  • Trinity:  Heart of the Shifters (Denver Pack, #9)
  • Blood Double (God Wars, #1)
  • Un.Requited (Slayter #1)
  • The Modified (The Biotics Trilogy, #1)
  • Primitive Instincts
  • Underground (Terrestrials, #2)
  • Broken Prince (The Broken Ones, #2)
  • Paradox (Travelers #2)
  • Running Wild (Zombie Games, #2)
  • Panthan's Crucible (Panthan, #1)
  • Gabriel (The Lawgivers, #1)
  • Dead of Night (The Youngbloods, #2)
  • Pursuit (Through Time, #1)
  • I Was An Alien Cat Toy
  • Love Chosen (The Fae Dragon Chronicles, #1)
  • Broken Bow (Star Trek: Enterprise #1)
  • Dead Shifter Walking (The Succubus Executioner #1)
Tracy Rozzlynn writes Science Fiction and Fantasy for Young Adults. She lives in New England with her young daughter and a variety of pets. She has a BA in English Literature from the University of Rhode Island.

Verita is her debut novel.
More about Tracy Rozzlynn...

Verita (2 books)