Start by marking “Do or Di” as Want to Read:
Do or Di

Do or Di

A laugh out loud romantic comedy, from the author of Unpredictable and Getting Revenge on Lauren Wood. Erin Callighan has given up on the idea of a fairy tale romance. Having dated her own version of the Seven Dwarves (including Grumpy and Sleepy), she's letting go of the idea of Prince Charming and settling for Prince Good Enough. Erin’s focused on reaching her dream of h ...more
Published January 22nd 2012

To ask other readers questions about Do or Di, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Do or Di

Teresa
Jan 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Erin's life is a mess ... she hasn't reached her goal of having her own radio show, she's still in sales. She is dating a married man but he is going to leave his wife and kids when the time is right and the list goes on. Let's face facts, she makes bad decisions, she speaks without thinking and she has recently alienated her best friend.

This was a cute book teaming with quirky characters and silly situations. A big scruffy dog named Rooster, a kind-of homeless girl named DIana who believes she
Stephanie Cowart
Feb 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Stephanie by: Kelly Hager
I really loved his book! What a smart, funny and totally fun read!
This is my first Eileen Cook novel and I'm sure it won't be my last.
Erin works at a radio station, dreaming of the day she'll get her own show. She ends up substituting last minute on a popular men's radio show and ends up having great chemistry with the show's personality, Colin. They decide to make the show He Said, She Said and see where it goes. Erin is less than thrilled but sees this as a good opportunity to further her care
Michelle [Helen Geek]
Sep 15, 2012 marked it as to-read
Shelves: free, tbr-kindle
Free on Amazon 09/15/2012. Sounds like quirky chick-lit. Rather interested really.
Ali
Esta es hasta ahora una de mis peores lecturas del año y ya estamos en mayo, por lo que es bastante.

Debo decir que esta historia me descepcionó: la idea es buena, pero hay tantas cosas que están TAN MAL ejecutadas que termina perdiendo el encanto.

En cuanto a los personajes: la mayoría son agradables. Colin es un encanto la mayor parte del tiempo, salvo cuando se pone en el papel de tipo mujeriego y arrogante, aunque de eso solo tenemos un par de comentarios por su parte. Diana también es muy si
margaret
May 21, 2018 rated it liked it
Fun rom-com; witty and smart with and interesting premise and characters.
Your Need To Read
Full review here

I really loved his book! What a smart, funny and totally fun read!
This is my first Eileen Cook novel and I’m sure it won’t be my last.

Erin works at a radio station, dreaming of the day she’ll get her own show. She ends up substituting at the last minute on a popular men’s radio show and ends up having great chemistry with the show’s personality, Colin. They decide to make the show He Said, She Said and see where it goes. Erin is less than t
Andrea Guy
Most chicklit books/romances etc focus on the woman who is cheated on. In Do Or Di, Erin is the other woman, and an unlikely one. She's a radio personality and she's dating a married man, who for all intents and purposes is an absolute jerk.

The story is more a tale of how this woman saw the light about the married guy, rather than a romance about how she found Mr. Right. You kinda guess that she's going to end up with Colin, the obnoxious guy from the station, who doesn't end up being that obnox
Kelly Hager
Jan 28, 2012 rated it really liked it
Erin is working at a radio station, which is her dream job. Sort of. She's wanted to be an on-air personality but instead she's in sales. Still, she knows that one day she's going to get her chance.

And she does! Unfortunately, she's a last second fill-in host on the station's uber-popular (and uber-sexist) show. Her co-host? Colin Stewart, the "Voice of Seattle." And when the show takes off, she finds herself agreeing to pretend to date Colin.

To further complicate things, she's also decided to p
Korina Sterling
Jan 15, 2014 rated it liked it
no me conecte con el libro, no se si fue por la traducción o por la forma de escritura de la autora pero no me agrado el libro, pienso que pudo haber sido un poco mas complejo, es como si ella solo hubiera decidido hacer una historia sobre tantos temas que solo le quedo comentarlas por encima. tenia tanto potencial que fue frustrante que no lo aprovechara.
La protagonista es otro asunto... no apruebo su punto de vista de, que como tiene 30 puede se puede permitir ser una amante cuando nada es jus
Karen
Jul 09, 2013 rated it it was ok
I hated myself a little more every time I enjoyed this book. Luckily, it wasn't all that often.
The editing was bad, but I tried to be lenient about that because I didn't know if it was initially bad or if it was just in transferring it to a digital copy that the mistakes came about. I don't know why, but somehow that's more acceptable to me.

**Spoiler alert** I do not enjoy reading about cheaters. I think it makes you a horrible terrible person to have an affair with a married person.... regard
Tripleguess
Apr 16, 2014 rated it liked it
It was a fun read, although the main character has a near-terminal case of "ethically challenged." In fact, she is revoltingly self-centered (and in denial about the obvious) for eighty-five percent of the book. However, the author has a talent for entertaining prose and dialogue that makes it -- almost? -- worth dragging along with the protagonist to see how things will turn out.

But walking even a few yards with a broken ankle, let alone uphill through mud in a rainstorm? I don't think so. Sti
Muri
Feb 09, 2015 rated it it was ok
Interesante, aunque creo que el final fue un poquito repentino, pero no me quejo, el libro es bastante bueno.

Me gustó que se saliera del típico cliché en el que la protagonista es engañada, acá es ella la "otra mujer", ya que sale con un hombre casado; ella es bastante desagradable en realidad, pero es lindo que no sea el típico libro de la "oh pobre chica engañada".
Belle
Sep 17, 2012 rated it liked it
Nice fluffy read! Has lots of plot, and I enjoyed Erin's (the protagonist) progression as a character. This book isn't just a romantic comedy. I liked how the subject of cheating was handled, and although I was surprised by the ending, it left me feeling satisfied. I'd love to check out other works by this author.
elisha
Sep 15, 2012 rated it liked it
3.5 stars - I struggled with the first part of this book because I really didn't like Erin. There were a couple of laugh out loud moments and by the end, Erin had actually learned some lessons and turned into a likable character. Decent, free book!
Kris
Aug 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle
A Kindle freebie, and one that I enjoyed. A light romantic comedy about a woman who is having trouble getting her life together - stuck in sales when she wants to host her own radio show, and having an affair with a married man who has been "about to leave" his wife for the whole time they have been seeing each other. Then two things happen - she is drafted to fill in as co-host on a radio show, and she agrees to be a mentor to a troubled teen who just happens to believe she is channeling Prince ...more
Kelly
May 16, 2017 rated it liked it
Ohhhh!! Es tan lindo ..... pero odio con toda mi corazón a Joseph es un idiota..... ashhh.. me mato de las iras... pero fue una historia divertida y diferente a las que había leído me encanto
Heidi Harwitz
Jan 12, 2017 rated it it was ok
Predictable.
Lisa Filipe
Feb 04, 2012 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Someone who wants a laugh-out-loud Romantic Comedy
Recommended to Lisa by: Eileen Cook
Shelves: gifted-by-author
Do or Di, the new, chick-lit, release from Eileen Cook will definitely have you cracking up! I laughed out loud a few times while reading this book, my dogs were looking at me like I was crazy.

I enjoyed the way the storyline panned out, and I have to say, I had NO IDEA what was going to happen in the end. That is what I liked best about this book, it was unpredictable. I find that to be one of the most important things while reading a new book. I don't want to "know" what is going to happen, I
Ashlee
Aug 18, 2013 rated it liked it
Mariandre
Oct 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
Esta portada se me hacía conocida, y es porque millones de veces pase de largo este libro, porque (bueno en cierto modo no me atraía) pero decidí darle una merecida oportunidad, y me sorprendió mucho.

Erin es un personaje muy muy gracioso, creo que eso le da personalidad al libro, no se queda callada, dice sus opiniones sin importar si esta al aire o no en su trabajo de radio, también la puedo describir como una persona que lucha por sus sueños, y creo que en cierto punto es inspirador lo que lo
Linda
Jan 21, 2013 rated it really liked it
It is hard to admit that I liked Erin after all of the mistakes she made, but at the end of the day she learned from them. Erin thinks she knows exactly what she wants and one of those things is a married man. After everything he does and says, after her co-workers tell her what a mistake it is, she still won't end it. She is stubborn and thinks she knows best. Not only does Jonathon show his truly colors, she loses her job. Which leads me to Colin....a guy who drops so many hints throughout how ...more
Nadia
Jul 11, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: good-time-pass
Despite disliking Erin (The protagonist) throughout the book as she keeps making bad decisions, I ended up liking it at the end because of its individuality. This story doesn't end when a knight in shining armor comes to scoop up the princess up in a white horse. The book ends with this quote which I absolutely adored -

There comes a time in a woman’s life when she must admit that the quest for Prince Charming is not going as expected. At that time she has several ways she can respond.
The wise
Fatima Emraiza
Mar 27, 2016 added it
Shelves: likes
Okay so I just finished reading the book, and although it feels short, I loved the book, I couldn't have thought of any other ending for this book, it was perfect. I know i'm a bit of a sucker for happy endings and mostly I was happy because in the end she did the right thing. Just like what they say, It is never too late to do the right thing, this book conveys a moral lesson about how one should never forget that it is never too late the right thing and that we shouldn't just forget about our ...more
Joanne
Jan 27, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I first fell in love with Cook's Unpredictable when it came out and although I've read all of her stuff for kids and teens, I've really been craving a grown up book from this author. Well here it is, and boy was it worth the wait. This fun and romantic story is everything I'd been waiting for and more. Cook is a master of physical comedy, providing several laugh-out-loud moments throughout. I'm also a sucker for witty banter between romantic leads (a la Jennifer Crusie) and the smart, hilarious ...more
Darla Stokes
Jan 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was just a lot of fun. Erin has personal and professional issues--she's in a relationship with a married man, and she's having trouble achieving her goal of having her own radio show. So to impress her boss, she signs up for a mentoring program and is assigned a teenage girl who promptly informs Erin that she's channeling Princess Di and will instead be Erin's mentor.

Hi-jinks ensue, and Erin grows and changes with a few missteps along the way, helped along by a well-developed cast including
Nicole
May 05, 2013 rated it it was ok
2.5-3 stars. Erin says something sarcastic/superior even though she's a total hypocrite and then rips a hole in her tights. I think that covers a good bit of the story.

It was a quick, enjoyable read though I wish there were more scenes with Colin. Can't say I'd recommend it heartily, there just isn't anything gained through reading the story and not enough romance to compensate for it. Pure fluff with superficial conflict.

It's difficult to like Erin, especially at the beginning, but even at the
Books
Dec 14, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: reviewed-2016
I don’t know why, but it took me months to finish this book. There’s absolutely nothing wrong with this book, but I kept putting it down to read something else. I especially enjoyed the low-key romance and how the story ended, as well the journey of self-discovery our MC went on throughout the story. Still, I kept putting it down to read something else. I finally finished it last night and I can safely say it is a good read. I just can’t explain why it took me months to finish it.
Valerie Waters
UGH!!!! So this was suppose to be a romantic comedy. Yeah, not so much. The best part about the whole book was Collin and he was not in it enough in my opinion. I really hate books about affairs. I get what happened, she had no idea the loser was married since HE DIDN'T TELL HER!!! What a freaking loser! I did like the ending except I wish she would have exposed the truth. That would have been kind of awesome. There is some language and some talk of premarital sex but no details.
Abigail
Jul 17, 2013 rated it liked it
I enjoyed this book. I liked how Erin was Diana's mentor but in actuality I believe that Diana was the one who taught Erin. The relationship between Colin and Erin during their show was perfect. They were as stubborn as could be but they did their job well. They refused to let the other see flaws and presented themselves as any couple might. The story was a little slow but was very descriptive.
Heather
Sep 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
This was a really fun read. Don't get me wrong, I'm not condoning the extramarital affair by the main character. However, in the end she does learn her lesson. She has a fun personality. She has super good friends. I love diana. What a fun character for a kid. I love how the end wines everything up in a nice little package and everyone is happy.
  • Plum Girl
  • Star Fish
  • Free Gift with Purchase
  • The Frog Prince
  • Smart Mouth Waitress (Life in Saltwater City, #2)
  • Almost A Family
  • Round Robin
  • Love Regifted
  • Maybe Baby
  • On Assignment (Queenie Baby, #1)
  • Satin Pleasures
  • The Relationship Shoppe
  • Crossroads Road
  • Grace Unexpected
  • Plan on It
  • Close Your Eyes
  • Tarzan and Janine (Texas Billionaire Club, #1)
  • Sealed with a Kiss
Eileen Cook spent most of her teen years wishing she were someone else or somewhere else, which is great training for a writer.

You can read more about Eileen, her books, and the things that strike her as funny at www.eileencook.com. Eileen lives in Vancouver with her husband and two dogs and no longer wishes to be anyone or anywhere else.