Start by marking “Love Octagon” as Want to Read:
Love Octagon

Love Octagon

3.86  ·  Rating details ·  22 Ratings  ·  13 Reviews
Kevin Smith is an ordinary guy. He works a plain job. Owns a normal, but disorganized home. And plays like every single man. In short, he is the average male. Until one day on vacation, he takes a run in the park and rescues a bag lady from mugging, after which his life is never the same.

The mysterious lady grants him one wish. Assuming the woman’s offer is false, Kevin re
Published January 21st 2012 by Astraea Press

To ask other readers questions about Love Octagon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Love Octagon

The TBR Pile *Book review site*
Full Review: http://thetbrpile.weebly.com/1/post/2...

This plot is pretty unique and a bit on the daring side, enough so that it completely intrigued me and I couldn’t put the book down. I had to know which way the author with go with this. While the pace of the book is pretty slow to begin with when it picks up it becomes more than entertaining and completely hysterical. There is a bit of a Dumb and Dumber sense of humor in the book that has you covering your face with your hands and going “ Oh
Arlena
Reviewed By: Arlena Dean
Raven Rating: 4
Blog Review For: GMTA
Review:

"Love Octagon" by Felicia Rogers was a good read. How Felicia Rogers told this story was really unique. I laugh so hard at all of the things that were going on in the novel. Truly "Love Octagon" was humorous. I guess you can truly say be careful of what you wish for. This was especially so for Kevin Earl Smith when he took a weeks' vacation. Kelvin had dated a co-
J.
Feb 01, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2012
Love Octagon is a difficult book to classify. Slice of life, sort of; humor, definitely. A morality play in one sense, but hilariously slapstick in another. Perhaps the best category might be inspirational chick lit, except it’s told from the guy’s perspective. Mister Mom taken to the fourth prime?

Author Felicia Rogers takes a few chapters to get into her stride, but once she does, the laughs don’t stop. [SPOILER ALERT] Kevin’s an ordinary guy, maybe a little messier than most, but he’s got good
LutaWolf
Feb 29, 2012 rated it really liked it
Despite Kevin being a bit of a typical 'smack upside the head' male, you can’t help but sympathize with him. I mean seven women all on their monthly and one lone man. Yet even though you might find yourself sympathizing there is still a part of you that can’t help but feel slightly vindicated as we watch Kevin get his. As his character grows and develops there an even deeper sense of connection and vindication all though in an all together better way.

There are some editing issues that threw me
CoffeeTimeRomance andMore
Mar 23, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: chick-lit, satire
This is a very humorous story that perfectly captures the old sentiment “The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence”. Kevin Smith only realizes this when he has to literally deal one of his dreams - the reality of multiple wives. It was a nice change in a chick-lit novel to have the main character and point-of-view come from a man, and the crazy situations that occurred had this reviewer laughing out loud at certain points. A recommended read.

Margo
Reviewer for Coffee Time Romanc
Evelyn Puerto
May 02, 2012 rated it really liked it
Love Octagon centers on a young man who wishes for seven wives who will keep his house and do his chores. When he gets his wish, he realizes that multiple wives only multiply the issues within a marriage. Not only does he learn to be careful what he wishes for, but also begins to see his own selfishness and immaturity. While I enjoyed the book, I thought it dragged in spots and got a little repetitious.

If you are looking for a light read for the beach, Love Octagon will keep you entertained.
Kathy Heare Watts
Be very careful what you wish for!

Reading this story I decided that Kevin Smith's picture was in the dictionary by the word procrastination. Why do today what you can put off until tomorrow. But it just seemed like each day, tomorrow never came. What is the saying? The path to Hell is paved with good intentions.

What would happen if a stranger granted you one wish and it came true? But your mind was focusing on the silly conversation at work with your friends, a wife for each day of the week and
Yolanda
Oct 16, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Laugh-Out-Loud Entertainment!
This was a wonderfully entertaining romp from Felicia Rogers. It was filled with fun and likeable characters and was a laugh-out-loud ride! Some of the situations Kevin ends up in are nothing less than hilarious. Though this is a funny, lighthearted story there is a lesson to be learned. You will just have to read it to find out just what that is though. I guarantee you will find yourself giggling and even a little frustrated with Kevin as he tries to cope with a ho
Wilani Wahl
Oct 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful mix of hilarity, magic, and repentance! What an imagination and a compelling read that I found very difficult to put down. The scenes had me laughing. The message of repentance and the lessons learned in this light book will be one I will remember for a long time. This will be a book I will want to read again and again.
Charissa
Jun 02, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I tried to finish this, but hated the characters, and the long, drawn out descriptions of every minute of the main character's day. The author tried to cast a humorous twist on it, and I appreciated her writing, but the characters and plot didn’t draw me in enough to care; they just annoyed me.
Felicia Rogers
Jan 26, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
This is my own Inspirational Chick-Lit!
Stephanie Taylor
May 19, 2012
Nicole Dunton
Mar 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Kevin thought he knew what he wanted. He wanted multiple wives so his house would stay clean constantly. Wouldn't any many want such a luxury? Due to saving a woman in the park from a mugger, he finds his deepest desire come true. Soon that desire turns into a nightmare. Can he find a way to undo this wish or is he doomed to the mess he's asked for?

I really adored this story. I didn't at first. It was kind of mind-numbing. It seemed a little fake. I chose to stick it out anyways. I'm so glad I d
Tema Banner
Andrea
rated it it was ok
Jun 06, 2014
Melinda
rated it did not like it
Aug 13, 2015
Ann
May 12, 2012 rated it it was ok
The message is great, but the journey wasn't.
Faye Filson