Start by marking “Guardian” as Want to Read:

Guardian

(The Guardian Trilogy #1)

It’s been almost a year since Abby Shepard’s once-perfect life crumbled into little more than a nightmare. Dumped, bullied and abused, the seventeen-year-old has all but given up hope. Little does she know that her father died protecting a family secret; a secret that has the forces of good and evil battling to claim the power lurking just beneath her skin.
Published January 31st 2012 (first published January 30th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Guardian, please sign up.
S.B. Rodgers Hi. Thank you so much for the lovely compliment. We are releasing Thief chapter-by-chapter and now that the holidays are over we will be releasing the…moreHi. Thank you so much for the lovely compliment. We are releasing Thief chapter-by-chapter and now that the holidays are over we will be releasing the remaining chapters regularly on our blog until the book is complete. When it's finished it will be available on amazon as a complete book along with Guardian. At that time we will announce details on how and when we will be continuing with the series. (less)

Shera (Book Whispers)
Angel and Demons are a lethal combination right now in the paranormal YA genre, one that I've had a really tough time getting into. If it isn't shallow main characters, creepy stalker love interests who stare at their beloved, poor plot lines, or even down right crappy writing. Unearthly by Cynthia Hand is the first YA Angel book I've actually loved and I was craving another fix. Good thing Guardian was waiting for me!

It was a rough start with overly long sentences and the overly descriptive beg
Marie Colon
Jul 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Dang it

If I remember correctly someone decided that this book was the best I think no I absolutely agree with them
Wendy
Jun 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book. Storyline pulls you in and makes you want more

Had a hard time putting this book down. Can't wait to read the next book. Need to know more about Abby's story
Fiona
Jun 14, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed, 2018
I really enjoyed this book, a tale of angels protecting Abby from the demons trying to steal her for Lucifer. Where oh where are the next books in the series??
Baya
I haven't read anything from this author before - I'm not sure what's up with the glowing reviews but I'm just going to say it how it is with hope other readers will consider if this is the kind of story they want. This book had great potential and I really enjoyed the beginning - it started well, but then came a lot of issues.

Positives
- Great world with different types of angel classes and powers
- Great descriptions of the angels - loved the writhing tatoos and twisted ropes type thing on their
Liz at Fictional Candy
Apr 14, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: angel
Abby is a teen girl, not unlike Cinderella. She lives with her stepmother and twin stepbrothers. Her dad has died. Her step family is horrible to her, and her brothers even extend their retched treatment to school where she is bullied on a daily basis. And we’re not talking teasing and such, we are talking hardcore mean, down and dirty, make you feel worthless bullying. In fact, that’s what sparks this whole story off. The bullying has become so horrible that Abby is going to do something about ...more
Gina -   Behind the Pages
Apr 04, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: blog-tours, 4-star
Be at Behind A Million And One Pages on 27 April for a exclusive review AND interview of Guardian! Join the blog tour!

A great novel by the sisters! Sometimes throughout the novel it felt like it didn't pull me in as much as it did some parts. The constant change in persona as well starts to get a bit too much, because as we start learning about one character, we instantly get changed to a whole new string of characters that are associated with one. So we start getting a little confused. It is st
Shy The WidowMaker
Apr 16, 2012 rated it really liked it
Amazing,amazing,amazing is what I will say about this book. This book was more than just the typical angel versus demon book. This book started off fast paced and stayed that way. We jump right into the action by meeting Raph who we learn has orders from is master to steal a soul. We find out the soul belongs to Abby. I feel so sorry for Abby and wish I can make her life easier. She is picked on day in and day out and bullied. The author does an amazing job in showing us all these emotions. I fi ...more
Suzanne Fisher
Dec 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. I read it on my Kindle for free from Kindle books.

This book is well written and keeps you reading to find out what is going on and why. I fell in love with the characters, even though it is written on the teenage level, I found it to be interesting. It ended with a big cliffhanger and unfortunately Amazon does not seem to have book #2. Very frustrated right now.

Definitely worth reading but only if you can find Thief book 2.

Katie
Mar 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I could not put this book down.

This was really sad at the beginning. I hope to find out what she is and what really happens with Raph and Gabe in the next book. Please keep us posted. If she was a little older it's almost be like a reverse harem. But the possibilities are endless for the future. ;))
Dale
Mar 17, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Not my normal genre, but I thought the separation of Satan and Lucifer into 2 people was a stroke of genius. The angels are funny and the demons are very mean. I'm hoping the authors publish the next volume soon. Looking forward to seeing what happens next.
Riv
Apr 04, 2012 is currently reading it
Received for review.
Lorena
Feb 18, 2012 rated it it was amazing
An addictive read. I couldn't put the book down once I started. I haven't felt this way about a book since the Twilight series!
Joi Baldwin
May 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Guardian

When is book 2 coming out? This is an awesome book, but released 2012......book 2 should be out already? I would love to know what happens next! ☺
Katherine
Mar 11, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Once I started reading, I found it hard to stop. A fun, exciting read!
Felecia
Aug 15, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good story.
Brittani
Feb 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Brittani

Love it it was so good I want to read the next one but I can't buy it at all I don't have any money
Blzwmn2011
Mar 17, 2012 rated it it was amazing
What a great read!
The ending was so intense, I can't wait to find out what happens next.
Very entertaining, thank you :)
p.s. Aiden is such a funny character, loved him!
mary
Ron Hill
May 28, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 next »
CONTEST!!! Help us celebrate book launch! 1 3 Jan 30, 2012 11:53AM
We are sisters, writing partners and most importantly best friends. We love everything to do with the literary world and spend our time creating YA and Middle-grade fiction.

The Guardian Trilogy (3 books)
  • Thief