Start by marking “Impostor (Slide, #2)” as Want to Read:
Impostor (Slide, #2)

Impostor

(Slide #2)

What if a killer took control of you?

Vee Bells gift (or curse) of slidingslipping into the mind of another person and experiencing life, briefly, through his or her eyeshas been somewhat under control since she unwillingly witnessed the horrific deaths of her classmates six months ago.

But just as things are getting back to normal, Vee has a very bizarre experience: she
Published March 26th 2013 by Balzer + Bray for HarperCollins

Allegiant by Veronica RothClockwork Princess by Cassandra ClareRequiem by Lauren OliverThe Indigo Spell by Richelle MeadThe Elite by Kiera Cass
YA Novels of 2013
1,572 books — 11,028 voters
Unravel Me by Tahereh MafiThrough the Ever Night by Veronica RossiScarlet by Marissa MeyerProdigy by Marie LuEverbound by Brodi Ashton
2013 YA/MG Sequels
110 books — 807 voters

More lists with this book...

Start your review of Impostor (Slide, #2)
Ferdy
Spoilers

-Meh. The plot was dull and predictable, the characters were boring and the romance was lame. The writing wasn't bad though.

-Sylvia can 'slide' into other people and take over their bodies. When she wakes up driving in the middle of the road, she suspects that someone is er 'sliding' into her. Naturally, she wants to know who's fucking with her. And when Sylvia's long lost aunt comes to visit She puts on her detective knickers and deduces that all the WTFery around her is down to her
Teodora
Jun 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: e-reader
Even though these books are nothing special, i still like them and i even thought this one was a little bit better than the first one - Slide. I found it easy and quick to read and it was perfect for when you need something to get your mind off things. I even found some of the plot twists in this one interesting and i must admit that they did surprised me.
Brad Sells
Feb 13, 2012 rated it really liked it
This review contains minor spoilers for book one, Slide.

Impostor is an electrifying sequel to an excellently crafted murder mystery. While I had some problems with this sequel, I still caught myself enjoying the story.

I'll go ahead and dive straight into some parts I had issues with in Impostor. The storyline wasn't as intriguing as the sequel, Slide, and I caught myself wondering why some bits of the book were thrown in. The beginning was confusing, but luckily, the problem of another
graveyardgremlin
Impostor is a step up in the Slide series, but only slightly. I still feel that the writing is, well, a little basic; it gets the job done, but that's about it. The main plot is an interesting idea that entertained, yet wasn't used to its full potential. I expected it to be darker and for there to be more peril involved, what with an "impostor" involved (impostor is a bit of a misnomer, it's not quite the term I'd use), but it never got close to that point. If there had been more grit and ...more
Holly Sparks
Jun 14, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I seriously couldn't put this book down. Jill Hathaway is an amazing author and I really felt like I was part of this book, like I was part of the main character.

Unfortunately I read this book first, not knowing this was book two of the series. Blonde moment I'm sure. But even through this book I would've never thought it was book two as it had its own story. I may have to go back and read the first one now. LOL.

But man, this book starts off so well. I loved the fact that the girls were going
Beth
Mar 31, 2012 marked it as to-read
Shelves: 2013
After feeling a little mixed on "Slide", I wondered if I was going to read this. But the premise sounds so interesting...
Naomi
Feb 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I was just a little worried starting this book, I thought Slide was a standalone. I really truly only picked up Slide because I thought it was a standalone and had a great concept. I am glad I can say that this exceeded my expectations more than I thought it would.

I started reading this last night and I couldn't stop. In one sitting, I finished the book around midnight. I am so glad I picked it up, and I think that this is the last book of this series. If not, I will be picking up the next.

It
Georgia (The Bibliomaniac Book Blog)
Goodreads synopsis: Be afraid of your shadowVee Bell has witnessed murder. She nearly died trying to track down the killer, all because of her secret condition. Shed tell her best friend Rollins but lately he seems more interested in his colleague Anna than her. Maybe she should confide in her long-lost aunt whos turned up out of the blue? All of a sudden life is happening in reverse: Vee is waking up in weird places not knowing what shes done. The only thing shes sure of is that someone is ...more
Casey Carlisle
Nov 26, 2016 rated it liked it
Actual rating 3.5 stars.

I was hoping that Impostor would build on the premise set up in Slide, however, it turned out to be another episodic mystery and failed to address a lot of the world building and aftermath from the first novel. Sylvia and her sister Mattie have survived a sociopathic murderer, and I felt this fact had been conveniently dismissed in the structure of the plot. Even though the nightmares showed that both her and Mattie hadn't gotten through their ordeal scot free, I feel
Michelle (Fluttering Butterflies)
Oh I really love this series. There's just something about both Slide and this sequel, Imposter by Jill Hathaway that just gets to me. I love the premise of it which is has strong elements of the creepy. But I also love the mysteries that come up, the secrets that need to be unearthed. And oh, especially the relationships between the characters! Not just Vee and Rollins but Vee and her sister and her dad and also Vee with her ex-best friend Samantha.

I really love Vee Bell as a main character
Cornmaven
Jul 31, 2013 rated it it was ok
I was very disappointed with this book. Perhaps teens who like romance would like it, but I felt the paranormal storyline was handled in a rather jumbled way. Throughout the story, I felt as if elements were introduced in an effort to plug a hole created by a little detail, or to wrap something up neatly instead of truly.

Vee's ability to take over another's body for a period of time meets with any number of mishaps, many predicated on the fact that teens don't think all that well. A mysterious
Wanda
Mar 07, 2012 rated it liked it

I have to say I really liked this book more than I liked the first one is series "Slide". I enjoyed Slide but this book has so much more to it. I started Impostor and finished it all in one day. In this novel the author introduces you to a few new characters. They become a good part in this story. She also mends broken friendships, start new relationships and reveal major secrets.

At some point when the author introduces you to a certain new character, she had me confused as to believing the
Spencer
Apr 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
2019
In this book, Vee starts off by trying to deal with the trauma of watching Zane die in the previous story. She keeps having reoccurring nightmares about him and his mother crashing on the highway. One night, she's not just dreaming about being in the car, she realizes that she actually is driving the car but she doesn't remember how she got there.

Then Vee realizes that sometimes she may not be in control of her own self.

She gradually starts to understand that maybe she isn't the only
Kiersten
Apr 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
When I found out that Slide had a sequel, I was so excited - I really wanted to see more of Vee and Rollins and all the other characters. Impostor did not disappoint me. As gripping as Slide was, Impostor was even more so. While I was able to figure out the mystery in Slide this one was a mystery for me up until the reveal! (view spoiler) Overall, I really enjoyed ...more
Mike
This one was a bit disappointing. Because I really, really liked Slide, but I thought it made a perfectly fine standalone; any sequel would be completely unnecessary. To be fair, this is more of a companion than a sequel; it takes place in the same continuity and focuses on the same characters, but it in no way continues Slide's plot. Even so, after the phenomenal Slide, this was a bit of a disappointment.

But the biggest thing I didn't like about Slide, the writing, is much better now. I'll
Saania Zee Jamal ϟ
Dec 30, 2012 rated it liked it
Recommended to Saania Zee by: the world's biggest bookstore!
3.5 stars, that is.

WHOO. Yet another book read all in one go! Save the first 10 pages or so I mean; I may have been not as enthusiastic to read this sequel in the beginning as I was back when I read Slide last year, but hey, that was inevitable with a year's long wait though, wasn't it?

Anywho, I'd like to start off by saying that I'm thoroughly disappointed in not having figured out the mystery long ahead the way I had with the the first book (funny, since that should've ruined the suspense part
Jenn
Jun 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
I thought it was just as good as the first one. The only thing I dont get is why they didnt say anything about what happened to Samantha. Like it was almost making it okay?? But I guess it helps play into the plot but still it was wrong. Also about what they did to Scotch. Geez, talk about one bad thing after another.

Anyway, this was a quick read. I like the mystery of who this impostor is and what they caused. Honestly I didnt see who it was, I was thinking it was somebody else. So that was
Merin
Jan 31, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: e-book, read-in-2019
This book was the epitome of "brain candy". It was compulsively readable, but not terribly deep. I read the first book in this series absolute ages ago and gave it four stars; my guess is, were I to read it today, I wouldn't have rated it quite that high. I enjoyed Imposter for what it was - a couple hours of entertainment - but wouldn't call this series amazing by any means. It's an interesting premise, and had a lot of drama and intrigue, but I was never truly gripped by the plot or my ...more
Nicole
Jul 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this book just as much as the first. It was a quick, easy read. There were several twists that kept the story moving and added to the mystery. The one thing I would have liked to know more about was what caused someone to be able to slide and a better exploration of the ability itself. Of course, as Vee's character is just learning a lot of this as well this would probably be better suited in a sequel or companion novel to the series.
Maryam
Jul 16, 2017 rated it liked it
It was good I didnt read the frist book ha ha
Lenie Gervero
Nov 28, 2017 rated it liked it
Cool abilities although I am wondering, is there a book three?
Angie
Jan 31, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great read! Quick and easy but keeps you constantly wondering who you can trust and who you cant! ...more
Molly Martz
Oct 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
I read this book for the first time in 5th grade and it was one of the best books I read that year. It was so interesting and I never wanted to stop reading it. It was so interesting and really grasped onto my attention. I've read it multiple times and I never get bored with it.
Sarah Elizabeth
(Source: I received a digital copy of this book for free on a read-to-review basis. Thanks to HarperCollins publishers and Netgalley.)
This is book 2 in the Slide series, and kicks off 6 months after the end of Slide.
16-year-old Sylvia (Vee) is still having nightmares about the car crash that killed her boyfriend Zane 6 months ago, but now shes got other problems to deal with.
Waking in the middle of the night to find herself driving a car, she veers off the road and crashes the car, only to
Dark Faerie Tales
May 20, 2013 rated it really liked it
Review courtesy of Dark Faerie Tales.

Quick & Dirty: A good mystery with a surprising twist. And an ending that will have your jaw drop.

Opening Sentence: The dream always goes like this: Im in the passenger seat of a car, racing down the interstate.

The Review:

Jill Hathaways Impostor is a stunning sequel that entertains the reader with this unique murder mystery. I absolutely loved Slide and couldnt wait to dive into Impostor. Hathaway brings back Vee, who has a special ability to momentarily
Jen (The Starry-Eyed Revue)
It's funny, I remember loving the first book in this series when I read the ARC last year, but when I started thinking about it, all I could remember was the ending.  And not the ending with Zane but, um, only Rollins.  I have tunnel-vision when it comes to that guy, I guess.  I do so adore the best friend turned love interest, though, so you can't fault me for it.

Needless to say, I had to do a quick re-read of Slide to catch myself up.  Only, you know what?  I didn't....I only thought I needed
Kristin
May 07, 2012 rated it really liked it
Taking place six months after the last book, Vee is coming to terms with what happened to her and with the discoveries about her family. Shes also trying to sort out her feelings for her best friend, Rollins, because though he admitted his true feelings for Vee and she wants to be with him too, shes worried about ruining their friendship.

Vees life, which seemed to be returning to some semblance of normalcy, is once again turned upside down by a number of events. A possible rival for Rollins
Anna
May 28, 2013 rated it liked it
Sylvia Vee Bell can slide into other peoples minds. As far as she knows, she is the only person alive who can do this. Her mother exhibited all the same symptoms but when Vee finally realized that her mother had the same affliction as she, shes already long dead.

Until one day, she has a strange experience and she discovers that someone may be sliding into her.

As with the first novel, I started this and finished it in one day. In this novel, Hathaway introduces you to a few new characters, as
Okay. I was very reluctant to pick this book up. But alas I can not leave a series unfinished, so I decided to read this book.

And yet again I am disappointed, but even more so than with the last book.

So Vee can still Slide into people, but now Rollins knows too. So Vee one night wakes up driving a car, believing its a dream crashes the car, to only find out its NOT a dream, and the dots connect in her head that someone has Slid into her. After getting out of the car, Scott (the guy that
Miss Page Turner
Nov 27, 2013 rated it liked it

Sliding into other people's bodies, seeing what they are seeing. Now that's something I'd like to read more about I thought when I picked up my copy of SLIDE.
Vee can't controll when it happens or who she's sliding into. Whenever she touches an object with lingering emotions or energy in it, she is pulled into the person that's it's connected with. You can imagine numerous unintended slides lead to a story with many short or fragmented chapters.

The sliding itself was an imaginative ability to
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »