Start by marking “The Darkest Whisper - Sang Keraguan (Lords of the Underworld, #4)” as Want to Read:
The Darkest Whisper - Sang Keraguan (Lords of the Underworld, #4)

The Darkest Whisper - Sang Keraguan (Lords of the Underworld #4)

4.33  ·  Rating details ·  36,744 Ratings  ·  1,036 Reviews
Dibelenggu oleh Iblis Keraguan, Sabin selalu tanpa sengaja menghancurkan para kekasih yang paling percaya diri sekalipun. Maka kesatria abadi itu memilih menghabiskan hidupnya di medan pertempuran, bukan di ranjang, dengan kemenangan sebagai satu-satunya tujuan hidup… sampai ia bertemu Gwendolyn si Penakut. Setelah sekali mencium gadis cantik berambut merah itu, Sabin teru ...more
Mass Market Paperback, 480 pages
Published 2011 by Grasindo (first published 2009)

Blacky *Romance Addict*

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Her gaze skittered away from him. “It was okay, I guess.”
He popped his jaw. It was okay. She guessed. She f*cking guessed. By gods, he’d give her another demonstration.

This is my favorite LOTU so far :) Great book with the first half of it being absolutely amazing <3

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

The Lords have gone to Egypt searching for the third artifact that will help them find Pandora' Box, but instead of the artifact they find a Hunter facility full of pregnant woman, who are all immortal in some way.
One of the wome
Laura Marcela ✎・:*:・ |spoilers af|
I think that the most oustanding aspect about this book is the Harpies. I think they stole the show and they were just my favorites.

Probably won't review this one since it was just okay for me and I really want to dive into the next books I truly want to re-read.
DarienMoya
Apr 12, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Hot men Lovers. seriously these men are hot.
^^THIS WHISPER IS CUMMING OFF LOUD AND CLEAR!^^
4.5

I like to talk about all the ways I love this book, I was really disappointed with book 3 in the series even though I loved it. Reyes was keeper of pain, so I expected all kinds of painful lovemaking did I get that? Nope! Reyes needed to call 1-800-TALK-VISHOUS (BDB series) or 1-866-ASK-SHADE ( Demonica Series). Well The Darkest Whisper was a winner, for some darn reason I was fascinated and fell in love with Sabin. Moreover, I love when all the
Michelle
Sep 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: paranormal
5 No room For Doubt Stars!
This is the fourth book in the Lords of the Underworld series. It's the story of Sabin and Gwen.
Sabin the keeper of doubt and the fierce leader of the Warriors. He lives and breaths nothing but stopping the hunters. War and battle first and everything else can wait. That is until he stumbles upon Gwen.
Gwen is half harpy and half angel. She's very timid until she gets angry. Look out when she's angry! lol
In the last book the Warriors are ready to travel to Egypt to loo
Exina
Dec 30, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: best-first-kiss
3.5 stars out of 5

The Darkest Whisper is the fourth book of the Lords of the Underworld series, the story of Sabin, Keeper of Doubt, and Gwen Skyhawk, a powerful harpy.
So powerful she is that Sabin’s demon goes into hiding every time she is around. So not taming the beast here, but intimidating it.

Sabin
I like Sabin, though he is often single-minded and stubborn. All he cares about is the war, and defeating their enemy. And for that he is not willing to take any risk.
“Everyone had a deep, dark
Sophia Triad
Sabin:Demon of Doubt
Butterfly: on right rib cage and waist
His curse: His demon creates insecurities to everyone including unfortunate Sabin. His self-doubts do not let him be happy and they make him constantly miserable. Fighting and killing is his only pleasure.

Gwen Skyhawk or Gwendolyn the Timid:Harpy
Supernatural ability: She is an immortal (although for the time being is only 27 years old) and very strong (although she does not particularly crave violence). The great mystery is who Gwen’s fa
 Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books)
Although The Darkest Whisper wasn't a perfect book, I loved it. This world of the Lords of the Underworld has really grabbed a hold on me.

I wasn't that keen on Sabin's character in the previous books, but I ended up adoring the guy. He's actually got some traits I like in a hero. I respect him for his incredible skill as a warrior and military tactician. I like that he's very focused and determined. He seems to have a sense of honor, for the most part. I turns out he's pretty sentimental about
Shawna
5 stars – Paranormal Romance

It’s been a while since I’ve immersed into the adventures of those sexy, angst-laden bad boy demon Lords, and I’d almost forgotten how much I love losing myself in their world.

I wasn’t too sure how I’d feel about The Darkest Whisper because Sabin (the keeper of the demon of Doubt) has never been one of my favorite Lords, but I was pleasantly surprised. As one of the LOTU leaders, he’s a total alpha who’s used to calling the shots and putting the war with the Hunters a
ilknur a.k.a. iko ◬

Harpy'leri severim ama gwen tiplemelerindeki sevmiyorum.
gwen ne yaa adında kılık yok bi kere.

yani lordlara yapılır mı bu gena hala soruyorum dicem yapmışsın zaten.

hikaye güzel, hele zaten kuşku gibi bir iblisin varsa daha da güzelleşiyor. ama sonra bir harpy geliyor ve...
şey gibi düşün...
denize bakan sakin bi starbucktasın klima tependen esiyor elinde venti boy extra şurup caramel cream var. sonra etrafı birden ergenler basıyor ellerinde tall boy hot chocolatte ve gülmüyor anırıyorlar.

işte k
Larissa Ione
Mar 23, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read this book a few months ago, but just realized I hadn't caught up on my ratings and reviews...anyway, I loved this book!!! Reyes is still my favorite hero, but I really loved how this book started out and came together. Gwen is a fabulous heroine, and I loved watching her grow stronger with every page.

Gena gives me a freaking inferiority complex every time I read one of the Lords of the Underworld books! :) She's awesome!

If you haven't read this series, I highly recommend you start at th
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)
Gary
Sep 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another five stars all round so many more people or immortals are coming to the party in this book there getting more and more interesting as I go along :)
Emily May

So... this, the fourth book in the Lords of the Underworld series, focuses on Sabin (keeper of doubt) who's previous luck with women has been pretty much non-existent as his tendency to generate doubtful thoughts leads to them becoming increasingly insecure and sometimes even going to the extreme of killing themselves over their personal doubts. Enter the Harpy: the only one capable of overcoming Sabin's demon - but, of course, she has some problems of her own to deal with first.

Sabin is now one
Katie Michaels
Whenever you have an ongoing series, you always run the risk that it will grow stale. Or even worse, jump the shark. I'm happy to say that this fourth installment in the Lords of the Underworld series, does neither. In fact, I didn't just like Sabin's story, I loved it.

Sabin, like all the Lords, shares his body with a demon. His demon is Doubt. And compared to some of the other guys, he got off easy. But Doubt has done its fair share of making Sabin's life difficult. The biggest problem is that
Kathrynn
Dec 03, 2008 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of the series
I have mixed feelings about this book. It is the 4th installment in the Lords of the Underworld series and the author confirms this by stating it in her Intro. She has a few e-books on the LOTU, but they are numbered as .5, 3.5 here on GRs by ... yours truly. :-)

Enjoyed the first half of The Darkest Whisper. Sabin/Demon of Doubt came into the series after the other group of Lords rejoined their comrades--a book or so ago. They had a major falling out (1,000+ years ago) and went their separate w
Gokce ~Muslin Myst~
Buggy
The Lords Of The Underworld is a fantastic paranormal series that I highly recommend. Filled with sexy, tortured heroes, sizzling love scenes and fun action-filled story lines. I enjoyed the first book The Darkest Night and loved books 2 & 3 The Darkest Pleasure & The Darkest Kiss however book 4 turned out to be my least favorite.

THE DARKEST WHISPER is Sabin's story and he's the keeper of the demon doubt. This gorgeous immortal warrior spends his time on the battlefield because his demo
Kate's Corner
I think along with Lucien and Anya's book. This book is also one of my favorites. I'm never sure hen I start reading TLoTU series but in saying that I love it every single time. I'm also so sad when I finish the book. I want to savor these books that's why I don't read them all in one sitting.

Sabin the Keeper of Doubt the ultimate soldier who won't let anything or anyone get in his way to win the ongoing war. They are in Egypt looking for the other artifacts where they stumble across Hunters who
Holly
Alright. Loved the Harpies. They reminded me of Kresley Cole's Valkyries.

I liked Sabin. He was certainly ruthless and I liked Gwen as well. While there was a lot of romance between the two of them, I also feel like their love story was not the main focus of the book. While I liked Sabin and Gwen, I liked the book as a whole better.

And while I loved the Harpies, I was also leery of how powerful they were. Since Gwen can kick so much butt by herself, if all the Harpies were together it seems lik
Emanuela ~plastic duck~
Cindy
Aug 28, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: keepers
Sabin, keeper of Doubt, merciless warrior, driven leader and all-round badass. Gwendolyn the Timid, poster child for the self-esteem challenged, current captive and all-round victim. And they fall for each other so hard it registers on the Richter scale. This is a pairing worthy of Nina Bangs' Sparkle Stardust, the cosmic troublemaker who specializes in creating sexual havoc by matching total opposites [to their eventual delight:] to watch the fireworks.

Gwen is a Harpy - who is afraid of her 'in
Suzanne (Under the Covers Book blog)
This is my favourite book of the series so far! I loved both Sabin and Gwen, as well as the glimpses in to the other Lords lives. Especially Aeron I can't wait for his book, and I think Legion is so cute! I think I may be in the minority in this regard though.

Oh and NIX! Nix from IAD was in it briefly! I would love to have a cross over between the two series, but apparently that isn't gonna happen
Kübra Yağmur
Apr 07, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017
Sabin, Şüphe'nin muhafızı...
Kadınsızlık yemini etmiş bu iblisin bir kadına kendinden şüphe ettirmeden yaklaşması imkânsızken -hele hele geçmiş deneyimlerinin pişmanlığını hâlâ çekerken ona göre aşk pek olası değildi. Ama bir Harpy, Şüphe'yi yendi.

Sabinciği sevdim ama Gwen ile pek kaynaşamadığımı hissediyorum. Ben bir ölümsüz olduğunu okuduğumda böyle bir karakter beklemiyordum. (view spoiler) Bir
Zeek
Showalter's Lords of the Underworld series is about a group of former guardians to the Gods who ages ago opened Pandora's box and unleashed hell. Unfortunately, as payment for their deeds, they were each assigned a demon from the box to inhabit them to keep the chaos unleashed in check.

After all this time the Lords have learned to live with their misdeed, however noble their thinking might have been at the time. It's not easy to keep their own personal demons in check, but they're dealing.

In The
Esra
Oct 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Şu seriden her ay bir kitap çıksa arka arkaya yaa!! Çok mu şey istiyorum.. Nasıl güzeldi yine..
Anarşi Tanrıçası Anya bile Gwen'in yanında pamuk şekeri gibi kaldı resmen :D
Bir kere de olsa bir kadının, sahiplenerek "O benim... Benimsin," deyişini, Sabin gibi bir adama emirler verişini okumak ve adamın şaşkınlığına şahit olmak harikaydı :D
description
Bu arada fan gözüyle Sabin ve Gwen oluyor kendileri :D

Paris'in durumu fena.. Canım yaa mahvoldum onu okurken.. Daha acısı dinene kadar önümüzde baya uzun yol var
Pınar
Mar 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
3. kitaptaki fiyaskodan sonra yazardan uzun bir süre uzak durdum. Eh ben yeni kitaba geçene kadar kaç kitap çıktı bakarsanız, aranın uzunluğunu anlarsınız. Ne de olsa Pegasus yılda bir Karanlığın Efendileri ancak çıkarıyor
Showalter’da en sevdiğim şeylerden biri, karakterlerin sahipleniciliği sanırım. Yani daha ilk dakikadan, onların ruh eşleri olduğunu hissedebiliyorsun. Tabii bunu öyle kolayca kabul etmiyorlar ama bu durumla başa çıkma konusundaki acınası çabaları okumak eğlenceli.
İkincisi de
Burcu Büyükyıldız
Karanlığın Efendileri serisinin 4. kitabı En Karanlık Fısıltı bitti.
İlk 3 kitaba göre daha durağandı. Ama sevdim mi? Kesinlikle. :D <3
Sabin, Şüphenin Muhafızı epey karşı konulmaz bir karakter. Eh kızımız Gwen de Lucifer'in soyundan gelen ölümsüz Harpy'lerden olunca... <3 Ortaya yine harika bir kurgu çıkmış.
Ancak bu seride anlatılan kesinlikle salt aşk değil. Pandora'nın kutusunu bulmak için atlatılan maceralar bir efsane. Kesinlikle soluksuz okuyorum. :D
Hikâyelerini özellikle merak ettiğim
Leah
Camila
Sep 03, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dnf
NO, NO, NO Y ¡NOOOO!

No puedo creer que yo leía esta serie, no puedo. Este libro no lo puedo terminar, no, el tipo creyéndose la gran mierda y diciendo que la vieja es de ÉL y, básicamente, hace con ella lo que le da la gana, sin importarle lo que ella quiera, darling no.

FUCK YOU!

DNF.
¸. • * ° *❧Gwendolyn❧•°**★❧ •°**★
Gosh..Sabin and Gwen❤

This one is MY FAVORITE....it is the one with the most action, and I love these two to pieces. I'm jealous of my name sake "Gwen" and yes, I would love to jump into this world and be her....wings and all❤

The book as a whole....loved!
Gena Showalter Fans: The Darkest Whisper (LOTU #4) 1 22 Jul 23, 2012 11:23AM
  • Ecstasy Unveiled (Demonica #4)
  • Dark Desires After Dusk (Immortals After Dark #6)
  • Elijah (Nightwalkers, #3)
  • Beyond the Darkness (Guardians of Eternity, #6)
  • Caressed by Ice (Psy-Changeling #3)
  • Veil of Midnight (Midnight Breed, #5)
Gena Showalter is the New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of over thirty books in paranormal and contemporary romances, as well as young adult novels. Her series include White Rabbit Chronicles, Angels of the Dark, Otherworld Assassins, Lords of the Underworld, Alien Huntress and Intertwined.

Her novels have appeared in Cosmopolitan Magazine, and Seventeen Magazine, and have been transl
More about Gena Showalter...

Lords of the Underworld (1 - 10 of 14 books)
  • The Darkest Night (Lords of the Underworld #1)
  • The Darkest Kiss (Lords of the Underworld #2)
  • The Darkest Pleasure (Lords of the Underworld #3)
  • The Darkest Passion (Lords of the Underworld #5)
  • The Darkest Lie (Lords of the Underworld #6)
  • The Darkest Secret (Lords of the Underworld #7)
  • The Darkest Surrender  (Lords of the Underworld #8)
  • The Darkest Seduction (Lords of the Underworld #9)
  • The Darkest Craving (Lords of The Underworld #10)
  • The Darkest Touch (Lords of the Underworld #11)

“Demon?” Gwen gasped out. Her back jerked ramrod-straight, and her face leeched of
color. “Did you just say demon?”

Oh, uh…did I say that?” Strider once again glanced around the plane helplessly. “No, no.
I think I said seaman.”
210 likes
“He’s a love-’em-and-leave-’em kind of guy. And though he’s not a Lord, he does have a curse hanging over his head. I have the book to prove it.”
William growled low in his throat. “Anya! Must you share my secrets with everyone?” He flattened his palms on the arms of his chair. “Fine. If you can spill, I can, too. Anya’s the reason the Titanic sank. She was playing chicken with the icebergs.”
Scowling, Anya anchored her hands on her hips. “William had a bronze made of his penis and placed it on his mantel.”
196 likes