Start by marking “Sombra nocturna” as Want to Read:

(Night Tales #2)

En la oscuridad de la noche es cuando surgen estas historias de amor y misterio... Desde la noche en que había sido atacada por un desconocido, la implacable fiscal Deborah O’Roarke no podía quitarse de la cabeza a su agresor, pero tampoco al misterioso hombre que la había defendido y que había surgido de la oscuridad como una sombra nocturna. Se hacía llamar Némesis. Cami ...more
Published May 18th 2011 by Harlequin (first published February 28th 1991)

To ask other readers questions about Sombra nocturna, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sombra nocturna

Mojca
Yet another great NR work in the Night Tales series. Intense, dark, brooding, angsty, dramatic, and slightly paranormal. This last angle could've worked against the story, but it somehow made perfect sense, adding to the plot, instead of making it sound ridiculous and pretentious.

Loved the characters, especially the tension between Deborah and Gage. They had problems from the beginning, not everything about them and their relationship was black-and-white, and for us, lovers of the gray area, thi
ShoSho
May 09, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own, x-2018, nora
The romance was pretty good, a classic Nora Roberts one but the side plot... I'm not sure.
Basically it was Nora Roberts's way of writing a "Batman in love" story!
There's a rich vigilante who has lost his parents to a mugging gone bad and he has a butler who knows about his extracurricular activities. He wears a mask at night and his lady love doesn't recognize him when he's wearing it. He also has some supernatural powers! The only thing he doesn't have is a cape!
I probably would have rated it
Nicole Bugueño
Feb 17, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018, ebook
Leído en Febrero del 2018

Esperaba más de este libro. Es una mezcla de Batman y Cristian Grey, se lo perdono por que fue publicado en 1991.
Bastante ligero, para pasar el rato.
Aún que es una “saga” no son libros que continúen una historia, si no que toman un personaje relacionado y desarrollan algo totalmente distinto a los otros libros, dicho esto, tomare este libro como Autoconclusivo y no continuare con las otras entregas, con uno basta y sobra.
Rachel Rogers
The character interactions were all real, the mystery subtle, but parts of this were hokey. The vigilante was pure Batman/Bruce Wayne (except this one could turn invisible. really!) Set in Urbana? Why not either use NYC or some other East Coast city but with fictional characters and history or create some other city name. This felt too batman-y and comic book. Felt campy.
Srisurang
Apr 10, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: contemporary
นิยายเกามากแลว ยีสิบกวาปี ของนอรา ดองไวนานมากเพราะอานเลมแรกในชุดแลวเฉยๆ เพิงหยิบมาอาน อะ ปรากฏวาชอบมากกวาเลมแรกคะ ถึงแมจะเวอรสุดๆ ประมาณอินเดธ+แบทแมน แตมันเวอรดีอะ เลมนีอานแลวรูสึกราวกับไดอานโปรโตไทปของอีฟและโรค(ในชุดอินเดธเลยคะ) มีอะไรหลายอยางเหมือน นิสัย อาชีพ พฤติกรรม อะไรเลกๆ นอยๆ แตบวกความเปนซุปเปอรฮีโรเขาไปหนอย แปลกใจเหมือนกันเพราะจำไดวาเลมแรกไมมีกลินอายพารานอรมอลเลยนีนา
ชอบความหวาน แลวกเคมีระหวางพระนาง เรืองนีถาอานเมือยีสิบปีทีแลวคงจะไดคะแนนเตม แตหลังจากผานนิยายมาเยอะ ยอนไปอานงานเกามันเลยไ
Bj
May 29, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Not too often I rate a NR book 1 star, but this one deserved it.

Think of it as a generic version of Batman/Bruce Wayne with the added convenience of invisibility. It even comes with a "bat cave" in Gage's house, a house which is very similar to that of Roarke's mansion in the "In Death" series.

The reviews had me skeptical and I now understand why, but, I wanted an update on Deborah's sister, Cilla, from the first installment of the series-which I actually liked. Once I got that info I basically
Dee
Weird, not what I'd expect for a RS. Gage was a mixture between Batman, Superman, Invisible Man & Spiderman..........As I said WEIRD!!
Delia Binder
"I am Vengeance.
"I am Hot Masked Sex.
"I am - NEMESIS!"

Basically, Nora Roberts wanted to write BATMAN IN LOVE, only she didn't want to deal with Time-Warner over rights. So she created a superrich ex-cop masked vigilante of her own, Nemesis, who wears the Non-Union Canadian Equivalent of Will Eisner's The Spirit costume (trenchcoat, snap-brim hat, domino mask),

from Frank Miller's Mostly-Awful The Spirit Movie....
...and yes, that IS Stana Katic grinning in the backgroun
Mónica
Este livro surpreendeu-me. Não estava à espera dos poderes do Gage Guthrie. Mas achei interessante andarem os dois atrás dos criminosos, cada um de sua forma e a tentar demover o outro de o fazer daquela maneira.
Saly
This book was kind of weird, with a hero who led a double life, as an ex-cop turned businessman and a super-hero of sorts, working at night in a mask protecting people and having the power of invisibility, then he meets ethical ADA Deborah( the sister of the heroine from Night Shift) and falls for her.
Deb believes in the law and feels the pull towards two men who turn out to be one and she doesn't know how to reconcile her job with the secrets the man she loves keeps.
The story moves too fast, w
Head in the clouds
This is reminiscent of a gritty film noir graphic novel, where the palettes are all in stark contrast - a lot of black and red and rooms filled with the wispy fog of cigars. Essentially, Nora Roberts does Batman - and it is sexy, dangerous and atmospheric- and I absolutely loved it.

Esra
Feb 05, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: harlequin
Deborah ve Gage çifti okurken bana Eve ve Roarke çiftini anımsattı hem de fazlasıyla :) Çok hoş bir hikayeydi ilk defa bir hq hikayesinde fantastik bir duruma rastladım çok da hoşuma gitti güzel bir değişiklik oldu ;) Seri gayet güzel gidiyor keşke bu kadar bekletmeseymişim dedim yani :D
İlkim
Gage Guthrie bana biraz gerek yaşam tarzı gerek pahalı oyuncakları bakımından Roarke aşkitoşkomu hatırlattı. :3
Jade aka MrsTosh
I didn't enjoy this book as much as the first in the series, it just reminded me of Bruce Wayne AKA Batman. I just didn't find the story appealing what so ever, just kept having flash backs to Batman Begins and Dark Knight. The characters themselves were justs annoying, I had high hopes for Deborah after reading 'Night Shift' the previous book which I thoroughly enjoyed and gave us a small incite into her life which I was looking forwards to finding out more about.

Don't think I will carry on wit
Sherry Hession
Second Nora Roberts book I read almost exactly like the first. Young lawyer threatened, saved by a masked avenger. She has feelings for him, he stirs her blood. A rich man falls in love with her quite quickly. She has feelings for him too. Turns out they are the same guy. Passionate descriptive sex because they've fallen so madly in love in a very short time. Oh, brother. No more Nora Roberts for me.
Terri Cunningham
This is a five book series so I will do one review for all five. The books are great. The characters are easy to like although at times you wonder what they are thinking. The 3rd one has an odd twist that doesn't really fit in with the series but doesn't diminish from the storyline. I would recommend all these books although not so much to be listened to as the narrator isn't the best. I almost didn't listen to the series but I'm glad I did.
monica
Oct 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sombra nocturna

Me a encantado esta novela.el libro ,los personajes son fascinantes y te transporta a este mundo donde hay un héroe nocturno tratando de luchar contra el crimen y buscando venganza .se enamora de la damisela en apuros para poder estar juntos tendrán que luchar contra los malos.suena demasiado predecible pero a mi me a gustado mucho,que digo muchisimo.
Kay
Sep 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017
Another Nora Roberts series I missed, Night Series. And again. What can I say? She rights with many twists and turns with great character development. Love her books as she usually ends all her books with a warm, fuzzy feeling. Looking forward to rest of series.
Alayne
May 09, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I didn't find this story as good as the first in the set. It could have been a JD Robb actually with the cop and the ex-crim, only in this case it was the ex-cop and the DA. Even the surname of the female was O'Roarke! Anyway, it was all good in the end, which is what we expect from Nora Roberts.
Gail A Ostrove
Sep 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It is weird his special power

The fact that Gabe is a superhero who can blend into the background is pretty cool. The fact that Deborah can accept him and be his partner is very romantic.
Atinuke
Sep 02, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Justice is served

I enjoyed reading this installment, it was exhilarating. There were so many twists and turns packed into this novella. It is better than the first book in the series.
Danielle Gignac
Again, since this is one of the author’s earlier works, it doesn’t contain enough character development to really satisfy me. However, I can see how Gage and Deb's relationship and world views provide the basic profile of Roarke and Eve from the author's In Death series.
Irene
Jul 01, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved everything about this book . The characters , the plot and all the unique abilities that Gage acquired after he awoke from his coma. Looking forward to the next book in the series
Mahak Katyal
After a great build up, the second half of the book was disappointing. Especially the ending. Like the author did not know how to end the novel. I had heard praises about the author but it didn't turn up the way I had thought it to be.
Vicki
His name was "Nemesis" he caught criminals in the act of committing crimes. Deborah O'Roarke is
an Assistant District Attorney and prosecutes the criminals. He saves her life and their lives will never be the same. Loved this so exciting.
Connie
Sep 03, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not bad- but you can definitely tell these are from earlier in Nora’s career.
Maz Todd
Jul 05, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I read this a few months ago and have no memory of it. I guess when someone writes a vast number of books, they are not going to be memorable. In my own rating I gave it 4.5 out of 10.
Ligra Nera
Idomu, bet ta mistika... daro pšššš. Vos ne fantastinis kūrinukas paaugliams. Visiškai ne Roberts. Bent jau sunku patikėti, kad čia rimtos meilės romanų rašytojos darbas.
Aug 29, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
High powered lawyer falls in love with a guy who thinks he can deal his own justice. Comes off as a knock of her Robb books . The guy comes off a wanta be Batman, Not one of her better books.
Beth
Jan 09, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good story
  • To Catch a Thief (The Calamity Janes, #3)
  • Royal's Child (The Justice Way, #3)
  • Colorado Abduction (Christmas at the Carlisles, #1)
  • The Disobedient Bride (Hawk's Way #8)
  • The Inconvenient Bride
  • Dante's Wedding Deception (The Dante Legacy, #3)
  • The Official Nora Roberts Companion
  • The Last Lone Wolf (Kings of California, #7)
  • Addicted to Love
  • Capture The Rainbow (Sedikhan, #4)
  • The Tycoon Takes a Wife (The Landis Brothers, #4)
  • The Trophy Husband
  • The Kanellis Scandal
  • Honeymoon with the Rancher
  • Black at Heart (Black CATs, #3)

Night Tales (5 books)
  • Night Shift (Night Tales, #1)
  • Nightshade (Night Tales, #3)
  • Night Smoke (Night Tales, #4)
  • Night Shield (Night Tales, #5)