Start by marking “DawnSinger (Tales of Faeraven, #1)” as Want to Read:
DawnSinger (Tales of Faeraven, #1)

DawnSinger (Tales of Faeraven #1)

4.1  ·  Rating details ·  120 Ratings  ·  45 Reviews
The High Queen is dying... At the royal summons, Shae mounts a wingabeast and soars through the air to the high hold of Faeraven, where all is not as it seems. Visions warn her of danger, and a dark soul touches hers in the night. When she encounters an attractive but disturbing musician, her wayward heart awakens. But then there is Kai, a guardian of Faeraven and of Shae. ...more
Published 2012 by Harbourlight

To ask other readers questions about DawnSinger, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about DawnSinger

The Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. LewisThe Orb of Truth by Brae WyckoffThe Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. TolkienThe Hobbit by J.R.R. TolkienThe Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis
Christian Fantasy
428 books — 598 voters
The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. TolkienHarry Potter Boxset by J.K. RowlingA Game of Thrones by George R.R. MartinThe Name of the Wind by Patrick RothfussThe Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien
Best Fantasy Books
1,244 books — 1,478 voters

More lists with this book...

Shantelle
DawnSinger by Janalyn Voigt was a good book. Really interesting and well-written. But I think I need to read the next book in the series before I form my full opinion! Anyway, so far, intriguing new Christian fantasy series!
Holly Weiss
Fantasy is not my usual genre when I reach for a book, but Janalyn Voigt has won me over with DawnSinger, Book One in her Tales of Faeraven series. DawnSinger transports the reader to an enigmatic and endearing alternative history. Princess Shae and Kai, her protector, navigate a journey through a rich Renaissance-like fantasy world.

This is fiercely inventive storytelling with fluid, descriptive prose and consistently time specific dialogue. Brimming with imagery and symbolism, the book delights
Jill Williamson
Jul 28, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
When a royal summons arrives from the High Queen, Shae travels to Faeraven to find the queen on her deathbed. But something else is not right. Dark visions haunt her, so she stays near to Kai, a guardian of Faeraven. A urgent journey to release the DawnKing sends Shae and Kai far from home where they battle many beasts. But sometimes victory comes only through surrender.

Here is the first in a new fantasy series for adults. But older teens will enjoy it too. In DawnSinger, Janalyn Voigt has penne
JoJo Sutis
Feb 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-it-2013
Fans of Christian Fantasy Fiction will NOT want to miss DAWNSINGER!!!
Janalyn Voigt has reminded me of all the things I love about this genre…the beauty, the adventure, the epic-ness.
I really cannot believe I did not discover this author/series sooner!
I highly praise Janalyn’s addictive writing style- she really sucks you into her fictional world….I didn’t want to leave!
The main characters Kai & Shae are not only likable and relatable, but believable ( I really need my characters to come to l
Larry B Gray
Jun 12, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a fascinating story and adventure. DawnSinger by Janalyn Voigt kept me on the edge of my seat the entire time I read it. Its fast paced action and evolving storyline made it hard to put the book down. The storyline was easy to follow and the characters were well developed and believable.

I thoroughly enjoyed this book and cannot wait for the next installment.

I highly recommend “DawnSinger” by Janalyn Voigt as a must read for all age groups. If you enjoy fantasy adventure you will love this b
Lynn
Jun 26, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved reading DawnSinger by Janalyn Voigt. I was taken back to a time of the Renaissance and saw myself in the main character, Shea. We all fight the demons in the shadows that exist in our own imaginations and I was blessed with Shea’s struggles and triumphs. I read the book on the edge of my seat. I could not put it down. I wanted to ride Wingabeasts with Kai and Shea forever. But alas the story came to an end…or did it. I cannot wait to read the sequel! Thanks Janalyn for an amazing story.
Candace

**2.5 stars / 5.0 stars**

DawnSinger is definitely not a bad book, in case that's how you interpret a 2.5 star rating, yet this book just didn't resonate with me personally. I read it in one day, so this book was by no means a chore to get through, but nothing really made it stand out. After all, there's nothing I love more than a fun fantasy adventure, but even though DawnSinger started with a lot of promise, I felt that it never really took off.

Essentially, all the exposition in the first part
Aug 17, 2012 rated it it was amazing
At the request of Lof Raelein, High Queen Maeven, Shae, Princess of Whellein, flies off on Kai’s wingabeast to be at the Queen’s side as she lay ailing close to death. Amidst rumors of danger about the Welkes, giant creatures of prey, Kai and Shae risk their lives to be at Lof Raelein’s side. Kai is a Guardian of Rivenn and Maeven’s personal guard. He is also the known brother of Shae.

Secrets are unveiled, and Shae must make a dangerous trip to Lohen Keil to release the DawnSinger by singing Kun
Christine Lindsay
Sep 03, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Dawn Singer by Janalyn Voight is such a delight to read. As an old fan of the Dragons of Pern series and of course, The Lord of the Rings, etc, it was great to find a new author who can wing me away on a fantasy novel. I’ve been looking a long time for a novelist who can take me to a world of wing-a-beasts, sword-play, evil in the dark shadows, and glorious light in the frail but stalwart heroes, as well as a sweet and breath-taking love.

There’s plenty of action and danger in this story of Shae
Kimberly
Feb 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Janalyn Voight took me on a wonderful adventure to a beautiful, exciting fantasy world. The reader is treated to a realm of emotions in this fairy world. I am eagerly awaiting the sequel to this book in a way I have not in quite a while.

Voight has a fresh voice that takes the reader to a world of Renaissance times where fairies are near and there are conflicts between ruling families.

I would recommend that anyone who enjoy fantastical tales that take you to other worlds and time.

I was given thi
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
Christian Readers: Christian Allegorical Fantasy Giveaway 1 7 Oct 30, 2012 12:27PM
  • The Rude Buay Trilogy
  • Hunting
  • Judge (Books of the Infinite, #2)
  • Dragon Frost
  • Eye of the Sword (The Angelaeon Circle, #2)
  • High Witch (High Witch, #1)
  • Merlin's Blade (The Merlin Spiral, #1)
  • Lark's Quest (The Deeds of the Ariane Novellas, #1)
  • Dust (Of Dust and Darkness, #1)
  • Dragon Empire
  • The Phantom Queen Awakes
  • Morning Star (Equinox #1)
  • Caterpillar (The Metamorphosis Trilogy #1)
  • The Glass Castle (Thirteen #1)
  • Angels All Around Us: A Sightseeing Guide to the Invisible World
  • The Ale Boy's Feast (The Auralia Thread, #4)
  • Tremors (Stone Braide Chronicles, #0.5)
  • Heirs of Prophecy (The Prophecies, #1)
Escape into creative worlds of fiction with a multi-genre storyteller. A precocious reader from an early age, my early exposure to literature in many genres by a wide range of authors gave me an eclectic background and an intuitive grasp of storytelling.

My books all contain adventure, romance, history, suspense, and fantasy or whimsy. How these elements combine in a story determines its genre. Th
More about Janalyn Voigt...

Tales of Faeraven (2 books)
  • Wayfarer (Tales of Faeraven, #2)