Start by marking “Mama” as Want to Read:
Mama

Mama

As the Conover family drives from L.A. to Chicago strange things begin to happen. Nine year old Michael sees a face form in the window of the family car. Two creepy children stare at fourteen year old Alison at a motel. A car follows the family for many miles, then hits their car and drives away.

Wherever the Conover family goes, wherever they look, they see a l
Published January 10th 2012 by Createspace (first published May 4th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Mama, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mama

Start your review of Mama
Kim
Aug 05, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Mama is the epitome of a thriller, with lots of twists and turns, monsters, and a healthy amount of gore! While primarily a horror novel, there was also the underlying story of a family and their struggles in life. Both stories worked hand in hand and each made the other better and more complex. The action was non-stop, and so was the creepy factor! Mama and her children were very unique villians, and absolutely make me want to rethink any possible road trips in my future.

I think the characters
Lyla
Feb 28, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Horror fans
I received a signed copy of this book for free from the Goodreads First Reads Giveaway Program.

This was a great read and would make a really good movie. Considering that the POVs switch back quite often between the characters, there's no confusion, and it flows flawlessly.

This is very fast paced and hard to put down.

Mama and her children come from beyond the veil, a world they refer to as "The Real." In order for her children to survive "The Real" the must learn lessons
Katy
Jul 03, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of horror and/or psychological suspense
Recommended to Katy by: Robin Morris
Shelves: ebook
The Conover family – Jeff and Lee and their children Allison and Michael – are driving across country, moving from California to Illinois. This in and of itself is bad enough, but then they notice that they are being chased … followed by an uncanny, large woman and her three children. What does she want with the Conovers? Why is she trying to kill them?

I must say that this was a freaky story – after reading it, I think it will be awhile before I start wanting to take a cross-country
P.J. Blakey-Novis
Aug 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Mama is a genuinely frightening tale, in which the Conover family make a cross country trip, relentlessly pursued by Mama and her three children. It soon becomes evident that Mama is not human, and it feels as though the family's attempt to survive is futile. A gripping read.
Benjamin Wretlind
Feb 13, 2012 rated it really liked it
At its core, Mama by Robin Morris is a thrilling, edge-of-your seat chase thriller. However, the thrill of the chase is secondary to the development of the characters--both protagonist and antagonist--as they are each faced with circumstances that are unfamiliar. It is a fun read, easy to get into and packed with scene after scene of relentless action.

The Conovers--mom, dad and two kids--are on their way back to Illinois after Jeff Conover's failed attempt to find work as an actor in Los Angele
Steve
Mar 08, 2012 rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: No One
Shelves: goodreads-won
I'll preface this review by saying I won this book from a Goodreads Giveaway but I have in no way been compensated for this review. Now, for my opinion. When I read the blurb about this book I was very excited. It read like a 1970's throw back horror book. The first 70 pages went by like a blur and I stayed very interested. But then it started to drag, it became a continuous repetitious chase with not much going on. As short as the book is, it didn't give much room to flesh out the characters, a ...more
susan murray
Mar 07, 2012 rated it it was amazing
brilliant really should be made into a film kept me going from page 1 I was riveted the conovers just dont beleive the young boy but in the end they see for themselves how it seems so unreal but it is happening to them mama is so cruel but enjoys it while teaching her young the ways of hunting
Melissa ownsbey
Feb 18, 2012 rated it it was amazing
i liked the cover it was awesome book i stayed up half the night to finsh
the book it was that good
i recived this book for free from good reads first
Tobyann Aparisi