Start by marking “Dragons and Cicadas: The Society On Da Run” as Want to Read:
Dragons and Cicadas: The Society On Da Run

Dragons and Cicadas: The Society On Da Run

(The Society On Da Run)

The space dragons are coming home. No vampires rule this land, no wolves take claim to the Dragon's throne. In this collection of interlinked stories, these dragons are unbound by standard cliches. These dragons live among us, taking our forms, drinking our food, breeding with our bloodlines...nobody knew their families dwelled in the stars, awaiting for a time to reclaim ...more
Kindle Edition, First Edition, 1299 pages
Published January 18th 2012 by Geppetto Garten (first published 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Dragons and Cicadas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dragons and Cicadas

Start your review of Dragons and Cicadas: The Society On Da Run
L'Poni
After a long break from publishing new issues in the TSODR Magazine (thanks to a certain event), I decided to make my return with The Rebirth of Heaven and The Reboot of Heaven, the latest not-yet-released issues in the TSODR universe. Also, The Masked Man and Treetime With Tosh will soon be published in a very awesome e-zine, but those projects are not yet finished so I cannot speak about them. Also, Google Play will be accepting pre-orders for The Rebirth of Heaven and The Reboot of Heaven when the ...more
Dragonstark Aleya
DISCLAIMER: This is a fake review by Astoleya. This review should only be seen as comical and not to be taken seriously. Originally posted May 15, 2012.

The Dovahkin is strong with this one...NOT!

This book completely sucks.

It's not a full novel like I had hoped. It's a bunch of Fantasy/Sci Fi short stories and poetry and some of the stories don't even feature dragons! It's a shabby excuse of a dragon book. SPACE DRAGONS??? COME ON! George Martin can do better than that.

.......space dragons? really?......

On top of the survival s
Shambhawi P.
Mar 13, 2013 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Shambhawi by: L'Poni
UNIQUE.

If I had to sum this book up in one word that would be it. The author has tried a new approach to storytelling here and in a way it makes the reading very interesting. We are introduced to a new world (or in my case re-introduced) with space-dragons and cicadas and a whole new fantastical realm out there. It also makes this book very long.

This was actually my second time reading the story. Unike the first read where I had a hard time connecting with the story and characters,
Aura Nizharu
May 11, 2014 rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: No one
Shelves: fujoshit

Well, time for another negative review by me...
I read this thing a long long time ago, when the translation of Dra+Koi was a dream for everyone and the Steins;Gate one was polemic, an belive me, that was a long long time ago.
I re-readed this book for the review purpose because of it, also, not english speaker, so if you see a little of bad grammar, my bad.

As I told before, the translation of Dra+Koi was a dream, and because of that, I was in a dire need of dragons and lov
Annie
Sep 08, 2012 rated it really liked it

This was a really long book but it was made of up short stories (they were connected but separate, if that makes any sense) so it balanced out.

If you’re the kind of person who has to read the entire book all at once, good luck.

But, if you are okay just reading a few stories whenever you’re bored, this is the book for you.

It took me a while to read it because it was pithy, not the length but the stories, you know?

Once again, the author has astound
Goge (BARRONS) le Moning Maniac,
"PLEASE NOTE: these stories are told out of order and it is up to you, the READER, to put them back in order according to their “timeline placements.” Look for sentences before every story that state one of the following: 50 years after the dragon war OR 10 years after [[INSERT STORY_NAME]]. Also, this is a collection of interlinked DRAGON STORIES, so don’t expect a simple read. There will be complex undertones, messages, plotlines and things you cannot uncover in one read-through. also, a lot o ...more
Mac Mathis
Nov 23, 2013
Devildidit18
rated it did not like it
Feb 04, 2019
Shanna
Jul 12, 2012
Adrian
Jul 16, 2012
I am a young poetess and the author of anime-style chapbooks (short print books under 80 pages) like Dragonworld ETC and I am also the author of a super long collection of flash fiction and poetry called Dragons & Cicadas.

The stories take place in a fantastical world full of interesting aliens. I write only short stories and poetry, most range from 1k to 15k words but vary in different genres

The Society On Da Run (1 - 10 of 17 books)
  • La Cicala di Italia: War of the Space Dragons
  • Dragonworld ETC
  • Imp Empress: Falling in Love with Dragons: Aaron and Seraphina's Tale
  • Lorea Antabella: A Non-Regular Vampire Story
  • Ashuton and Narcissus: The Dragon Prince and the Dancer
  • Space Dragon Poetry
  • The Siege of Rome
  • Drachenscolderung (Drachenscolderüng): A Dragon's Story
  • Narcissus and the Dragon Birth (Prelude to Aether the Tether)
  • Dragon's War Reborn (Alien Dragons)
“Do you know what it’s like to kill a man? You just pushed a knife into living, moving skin and you realize you pierced a heart that beats against your sharp knife.

-Lucas Tyrel”
6 likes
“When he removed his robes, you could see the hundreds of scars and bruises that shamelessly decorated his body. Huge black bruises, long scars that came from sword lacerations and whips and new wounds that bled fresh red blood.
The Dragonboy's father had no idea his son suffered.
That's because the boy never told.

From The Binding, a story from the upcoming tenth update of Dragons and Cicadas