Start by marking “Me Too! (Little Critter)” as Want to Read:
Me Too! (Little Critter)

Me Too! (Little Critter)

4.16  ·  Rating details ·  5,100 Ratings  ·  61 Reviews
Sharing with one's little sister can be an awful bother, but it has its rewards too.
Published March 27th 2001 by Random House Books for Young Readers (first published December 31st 1983)

To ask other readers questions about Me Too!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Me Too!

Jason Koivu
May 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
* * * Read and reviewed with my niece Emma * * *

During our after school time together, Emma and I read through a few of Mercer Mayer's Little Critter books and had ourselves a grand old time!

This one was about the little kid's kid sister and how she always wants to do what he's doing. She can be annoying, yet endearing all at once. This is typical, good Mayer fun!

Emma read Me Too! to me and wizzed right through it, so the reading level is below her nearly second grade skillz. She had this story
Archit Ojha
Jul 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
This little critter series had more to offer than just teaching manners and methods to annoy your elder brother!

The girl critter wants to do everything her brother does, which is frustrating to the brother.

It is a good reading material for siblings.
midnightfaerie
Jul 20, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: childrens
Probably around a level 1 beginner reader book, it's about a boy with a younger sister who wants to do everything he does. It gets annoying and he gets frustrated. It's a story line any kid can relate to and simple enough verbiage that my preschoolers enjoyed it as well. And it was easy enough that my 5 yr old could read it to his younger brothers. A good reading book.
Pooja
Jun 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebooks
"Everything I do my little sister says "Me Too!""

Loving this Little Critter series!
Feb 22, 2011 rated it it was amazing
This playful book was a fun read aloud! The students were able to chime in regularly with the "me too!" phrase. Many of my students have siblings and were able to share stories of their younger (and sometimes older) siblings wanting to either imitate what they're doing or spoil their fun. The students and I laughed tons during this book and enjoyed the twist at the end. Great book about siblings and even friendship.
Holli Shipley
Sep 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I love Mercer Mayer books. My five year old has me read them over and over again. The illustrations are great and very descriptive. It is easy for a child to follow along and retell the story. This book addresses everyday situations, especially if you have a younger sibling.
Mallory Campbell
Nov 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
I'm counting what I have read to the first graders because I don't have time to read real books during the day and I have a goal to meet- part 8
Grace Bradley
Apr 24, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Little Critter's younger sister wants to do everything with her older brother. Little Critter is trying to learn how to do the right thing while also learning how to share with his little sister. Little Critter wants to go about his day doing all of his favorite activities, but he wants to do them by himself. His little sister follows him around and wants to be doing anything that he is doing. Little Critter gets very annoyed with her but decides that he needs to do the right things and play wit ...more
Jen Wehage-Barrera
Feb 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
•Me, Too by Mercer Mayer - Target Audience, pre-reader to beginning reader, ages 2-6. A little sister wants to do all the things her big brother does. He is annoyed that he has to include her but reluctantly slows down to her level. He is frustrated to share everything with her until the end where he is rewarded by her sharing with him. The bold, colorful pictures carry out through the story and show each activity in detail. The amount of text is brief for each page, of average size, and include ...more
Connie
Aug 31, 2008 rated it really liked it
My nieces and I really enjoy the Little Critter books.

They're short, they're funny, they're topical, and they're cheap.

This one portrays a very real aspect of sibling relationships - the sibling who always wants to join in and share, even when you REALLY want them to leave you alone.

Little Critter spends the book detailing his problems, in short sentences, until the end - when his sister unselfishly shares her candy with him, and hopefully teaches him a lesson in the process.
  • The Berenstain Bears No Girls Allowed
  • Just a Thunderstorm (Look-Look)
I began illustrating books in 1966. Since that time I have published over 300 books. Most of my books are about things that happened to me when I was a little kid. Now I'm a big kid and I write about things that happen now, especially with my own children. They always remind me of what it was like.

I was born in Arkansas in 1943. Boy, that was a long time ago! It's real fun to be an old kid. Then m
More about Mercer Mayer...

Little Critter (1 - 10 of 171 books)
  • Just for You (Little Critter)
  • Just Me and My Dad (Little Critter)
  • The New Baby (Little Critter)
  • All by Myself
  • I Was So Mad
  • Just Go to Bed
  • Just Grandma and Me
  • Just Grandpa and Me (Little Critter)
  • Merry Christmas, Mom and Dad