Start by marking “Elmo's 12 Days of Christmas (Sesame Street)” as Want to Read:
Elmo's 12 Days of Christmas (Sesame Street)

Elmo's 12 Days of Christmas (Sesame Street)

What does a Sesame Street Christmas celebrate? How about: Three French friends, two yummy cookies, a red monster up in a tree! Toddlers will sing and laugh along with this hilarious Sesame Street version of the favorite Christmas carol.
Board Book, 24 pages
Published September 23rd 2003 by Random House Books for Young Readers (first published September 7th 1999)

To ask other readers questions about Elmo's 12 Days of Christmas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Elmo's 12 Days of Christmas

Start your review of Elmo's 12 Days of Christmas (Sesame Street)
Christopher Wilson
Dec 05, 2019 rated it it was ok
A very lazy adaptation of the original song. As if the original wasn’t monotonous enough, this one ups the tedious factor by leaning repeatedly on the word “monster.” The creativity bottoms out on the fifth day as “5 golden rings” is replaced with “5 golden things.” Though “milking monsters, leaping monsters, piping monsters,” etc. didn’t flex the writer’s mind any.

Our toddler is only slightly more impressed with the book than I, though she’s yet to make it beyond day 6 on a read through. She
Andrew Childers
Dec 31, 2016 rated it it was ok
Well, I didn't have time to finish the book that I was on before the end of the year, so my friends let me read Elmo's 12 days of Christmas. It was...not very exciting - probably would have been better if I had sang through it. I'm a little disappointed that the illustrations only represented one day rather than each day in compound. Do not recommend.
Darinda
Oct 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
A silly Elmo Christmas book. It's the 12 days of Christmas monster style.

1 red monster up in a tree.
2 yummy cookies.
11 monsters piping.
12 monsters drumming.
Connie
Dec 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I love this sweet book! My three year old Grandson and I have so much fun “sing reading” it! It is going to become a Christmas tradition for us!
Emily Garrison
Dec 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is a board book that follows the tune of "The 12 Days of Christmas" but instead of the traditional gifts, it goes like this: On the first day, the gift is one red monster up in a tree. The second day's gift is two cookies. The third days gift are three French friends. The fourth day's gift is four calling monsters and the fifth day's gift is five golden things. The sixth day's gift is six monsters playing. The seventh day's gift is seven monsters swimming. The eighth day's gift is eight ...more
Autumn
Jun 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

A and I had fun reading this book. It became a giggling fest as we were reading more and more. This story is just like the song 12 days of Christmas. We begin with the first day and work our way up to the 12th day all the while singing it as we go. This book is perfect to read not only around Christmas time but anytime! The pictures are awesome and go well with the book.
A is really starting to enjoy Sesame Street books so I think we will be reading not
Terry
We've pulled this out two years in a row. Elmo books can be tiring, but this one is fun reading.

To read our full review, go to the Reading Tub.
Bridget
I always feel like I have invested too much time and air when I have to read or sing about the 12 days of Christmas. But, my kids requested it and seemed to enjoy it! :)
Dara
Aug 28, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Mom and I read this every Christmas. My favorite part is the 6 and 7th days
jacky
Dec 06, 2010 rated it liked it
Shelves: board-books, abc123
We read this one day at play group. Natalie tends to gravitate to the Sesame Street books whenever one is out in the open. This was a cute variation of "The Twelve Days of Christmas."
Little John
Dec 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
"Great! It was the best book ever! I knew the tune of the song and I loved singing this book! My favourite part was the end when we sang all twelve presents."
Lumi / Otso
Nov 18, 2014 rated it liked it
lumi loves this, but i think she just loves elmo.
Mimi

• The Itsy Bitsy Pilgrim
  • Bear Snores On
  • The Sweetest Christmas
  • Llama Llama Gives Thanks
  • Duck & Goose, It's Time For Christmas!
  • Happy Halloween, Curious George tabbed board book
  • Duck and Hippo Give Thanks (Duck and Hippo #3)
  • Jingle Bells