Start by marking “The Assassin and the Desert (Throne of Glass, #0.3)” as Want to Read:
The Assassin and the Desert (Throne of Glass, #0.3)

The Assassin and the Desert

(Throne of Glass #0.3)

4.40  ·  Rating details ·  32,047 ratings  ·  1,520 reviews
The Silent Assassins of the Red Desert aren’t much for conversation, and Celaena Sardothien wouldn’t have it any other way. She’s not there to chatter, she’s there to hone her craft as the world’s most feared killer for hire. When the quiet is shattered by forces who want to destroy the Silent Assassins, Celaena must find a way to stop them, or she’ll be lucky to leave the ...more
Published March 30th 2012 by Bloomsbury USA Childrens

·  32,047 ratings  ·  1,520 reviews

Start your review of The Assassin and the Desert (Throne of Glass, #0.3)
Isa Cantos (Crónicas de una Merodeadora)
"The Lord of the North".
"Why does he get a fancy title?"
"Because the stag remains constant—no matter the season, he's always there".
"Why?"
"So the people of Terrasen will always know how to find their way home. So they can look up at the sky, no matter where they are, and know Terrasen is forever with them".

¡Este es uno de los mejores relatos del libro! La intriga, los viajes, los acertijos, el entrenamiento, las traiciones... The Assassin and the Desert lo tiene todo. Aquí, Celaena va a tene
~Poppy~
Mar 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
“If you can learn to endure pain, you can survive anything. Some people learn to embrace it—to love it. Some endure it through drowning it in sorrow, or by making themselves forget. Others turn it into anger. But Ansel let her pain become hate, and let it consume her until she became something else entirely—a person I don’t think she ever wished to be.”
♥ℂĦℝΪՖƬΪℕÅ
5 STAR'S

“If you can learn to endure pain, you can survive anything."

The Assassin and the Desert was by far the best novella in this series thus far :) It takes place in The Red Desert with The Silent Assassins. Where Celeana was sent by Arobynn as punishment to train with The Mute Master. I thoroughly enjoyed every last minute of it!! It blew me away and I can't believe how much I truly loved it! I was very much surprised at all the twists and turns and the number of details Maas was able t
Mikee (ReadWithMikee)
Dec 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Hands down, my favorite novella thus far! I'm speechless as to how much I actually loved this story. It reminded me a lot of Nevernight, and although it made the story very predictable because of how similar both stories were, I didn't mind it one bit.

I actually loved Celaena in this. This is the Celaena I love! This is the Celaena I wish Aelin could be. She wasn't overly arrogant. She wasn't annoyingly cocky. In fact, I found her to be actually humble in this novella, and very likable.

The chara
Ahmad Sharabiani
The Assassin and the Desert (Throne of Glass, #0.3), Sarah J. Maas

Sarah Janet Maas (born 5 March 1986) is an American fantasy author, best known for her debut series Throne of Glass published in 2012 and A Court of Thorns and Roses series, published in 2015. Her newest work is the Crescent City series.

Story set prior to the Throne of Glass series. The Silent Assassins of the Red Desert aren’t much for conversation, and Celaena Sardothien wouldn’t have it any other way.

Celeana was sent by Arobyn
☘Misericordia☘ ⚡ϟ⚡⛈⚡☁ ❇️❤❣
Q:
“To being the most fearsome and imposing girls the world has ever seen.” (с)
Q:
Tomorrow will be better. It might be only a foot more than today, but it will be a foot longer that you can run. (c)
Q:
...education and culture were equally important—words could be just as deadly as steel. (c)
Q:
She looked to the open window, to the world beyond. For the first time in a long while, she heard the song of a northern wind, calling her home. And she was not afraid. (c)

This time Celeana meets 'Ansel of Bri
Beenish
Jul 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
4.5★ Loved it!

—𝙨𝙥𝙞𝙧𝙞𝙩 𝙛𝙧𝙤𝙢 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙣𝙤𝙧𝙩𝙝, 𝙨𝙩𝙧𝙚𝙣𝙜𝙩𝙝 𝙛𝙧𝙤𝙢 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙨𝙤𝙪𝙩𝙝, 𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙚𝙙 𝙛𝙧𝙤𝙢 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙚𝙖𝙨𝙩 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙬𝙞𝙨𝙙𝙤𝙢 𝙛𝙧𝙤𝙢 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙬𝙚𝙨𝙩, . . .

Celaena has to go to the Mute Master as her punishment and return with his letter of approval about her obedience and behaviour. If she does not return with it, she'll have to pay back Arobynn Hamel as much as he spent on her.

What if going back with the letter is her only option?
But what if new ways open for Celaena?

“𝙏𝙤 𝙢𝙖𝙠𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙖𝙢𝙚𝙣𝙙𝙨—𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙛𝙤𝙣𝙙 𝙢𝙚𝙢𝙤𝙧𝙞𝙚𝙨.” “𝙏𝙤 𝙗𝙚𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙢𝙤𝙨𝙩 𝙛𝙚𝙖𝙧𝙨𝙤𝙢𝙚
Nenia ✨ I yeet my books back and forth ✨ Campbell

Instagram || Twitter || Facebook || Amazon || Pinterest

"You're just a spoiled, selfish bitch."

Celery's punishment saga continues as she finally makes her way into the Red Desert, a vaguely Middle Eastern land where the Silent Assassins live. The Silent Assassins seem to borrow very heavy from George R. R. Martin's Faceless Men, and it's almost funny how closely this story arc mirrors Arya's training under Jaqen H'ghar. But this is not the first thing in this series I've seen that really remi
P
Jan 30, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: young-adult
“Words could be just as deadly as steel.”

The Assassin and the Desert sounded like a great story with a big twist at first, and then the pace was slow down that I almost lost my interest. Celaena Sardothien comes to the desert and must receive the approval letter before she is back to Arobynn. She meets a girl named Ansel and these two become friends very quick among the fact that Celaene herself is very cautious and doesn't trust anyone easily.

All in all, the ending leads to the new advent
Pearl Angeli
Sep 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015-reads
Out of all the novellas of The Assassin’s Blade that I’ve read so far, this third novella is the best one. It’s action-packed and full of bad-assery! Celaena never fails to really impress me with the way she deals with her situations. After being punished by her master Arrobyn, she was instructed to travel to the Deserted Lands to train with the master of the Silent Assassins. There, she met people who became her friends, including the girl assassin Ansel who had a very painful and cruel childho ...more
Deborah Obida
Mar 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: TOG fans
Shelves: young-adult, fantasy
“If you can learn to endure pain, you can survive anything."

For a short story this book blew my mind, I did not see that ending coming, damn! TOG is one of my favourite series and its gets better with each book, same thing with the novellas. The writing and world building is impeccable, the plot is amazing and the characters are cool and not one dimensional.

I really wished I read this before the series because it could have really helped me understand lots of stuffs that Celaena talked abou
Lia Carstairs
  “But there are some times when words are necessary -
when explanations are needed that mere gestures cannot convey.”

I don't know why, but I feel like crying.🥺
Definitely my favourite one so far.💕
AND ANSEL—
alana ♡
Oct 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy
Celaena realizing that Sam was screaming "I'll kill you" to Arobynn while he beat her slayed me. Too many feels because I know eventually where this leads to and I'm not ready. ...more
Katherine
Sep 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Ok, Celaena-- I see you maturing and getting stronger. Ansel however 🧐
Wren (fablesandwren)
Finally I am getting around to reading the adventures of my dear Celaena Sardothien. LOWKEY, I kind of love the assassin more than the queen, but that doesn't mean that I don't love the queen.

I wanted to read it before I read Empire of Storms BUT I kind of got distracted with other books that were coming out around the same time. I am not a huge fan of novellas, but I do know that some of the characters introduced in the last book were first introduced in some of these novellas in The Assassin'
Layla
Apr 26, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
~ 4.25 stars ~

I actually really liked this and it was much more enjoyable than the first two. Can't wait for the next one.
Kaya
May 30, 2014 rated it it was ok
I wonder what exactly was I supposed to learn about Celaena from this unnecessary novella when it only made me feel even less fond of her. Overall, nothing even slightly important happens, not for the series, and definitely not for our "beloved" protagonist. She shows off her complex of a higher value anywhere she goes, which is not particularly likable.

Celaena is being sent to the desert to train with The Silent Assassins in order to be taught about obedience and discipline. She hopes she'll be
Kelly⁷

Oh, my goddess! How does Sarah do it, one after one?

I mean, these novellas are amazing!

I can't stop repeating that Sarah J. Maas always surprise me. I mean, honestly, When I read a book, I tend to understand the plot and it's not a surprise the plot twist because I see it coming. But with SJM's books, I'm always surprised and I think that's why I enjoy so much her books.

I really like Celaena. She's so complex and I really admire how Sarah keeps giving us a lot of complex characters.

I finally ha
Nikita
Apr 01, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: novella
OH MY FREAKIN GOOOOOOOOOD!!!! Celaena Sardothien, you just kicked Katniss Everdeen from her throne as my favorite kickass YA protagonist! This novella is just - AWESOME!!! And geez, its just a novella! What more with the book! I don't think I'll love Celaena more than I already do! But helll, I REALLY miss Sam here. I wish to see more of him with the succeeding novellas! I CAN'T WAIT ANY LONGER!!! Oh God, let it be May 1 when I wake up tomorrow so that I can read the 3rd novella! (kiddin') hihi. ...more
Μaria Vrisanaki
MAMMA MIA!
Nitya ✿
Mar 30, 2021 rated it really liked it
~5 stars~

This is definitely my favorite one so far. And Ansel omg-

Noura Khalid (theperksofbeingnoura)
"The Lord of the North".
"Why does he get a fancy title?"
"Because the stag remains constant—no matter the season, he's always there".
"Why?"

This one was one of my favorite Novellas! Celaena ventures to the Red Dessert as punishment to train with the Silent Assassins. I adored the Mute Master and even though we dont really see
Aliyah ♡ ♡
Dec 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
THIS WAS BY FAR MY FAVOURITE!
Also, fuck Ansel
description
_racheljane_
Jan 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed the characters in this novella. It was refreshing to have a fresh set of characters to learn about. I loved Ansel and the dynamic she plays with Celaena. It’s interesting to see the difference in the two assassins’ and learn about how Ansel grew up. I also loved the Mute Master. He is kinder than Arrobyn Hamel and treats his assassins better than Arrobyn ever would. I liked that the Silent Assassins were more of a brotherhood and worked together.

The change of setting was refresh
Cintia
Dec 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
My favorite among the five novellas. Deep, and powerful. I'm happy to read a female friendship that doesn't includes girl hating and shaming. Loved Ansel, in despite of everything.

I reviewed it as a part of the bindup The Assassin's Blade, you can read it here: http://abookandateacup.blogspot.com/2...
Sabrina
Nov 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Get it here:
Amazon US * Amazon UK

Celaena is definitely growing on me. So far this is my favorite of her novella's so I'm excited to see what comes next.
Melanie
#1.) Throne of Glass ★★★
#2.) Crown of Midnight ★★★★
#3.) Heir of Fire ★★
#4.) Queen of Shadows ★★

This novella follows Celaena on her punishment mission with the Silent Assassins. I really liked this story, and it actually is pretty thought provoking on the subject of abuse. Even though we are watching Cel
sam
Sep 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: novella-read
These novellas just keep on getting better and better and I'm so glad I continued reading them...4.5⭐ for this one.

Assassin and the pirate lord: ⭐⭐⭐
Assassin and the healer: ⭐⭐⭐⭐
Assassin and the desert: ⭐⭐⭐⭐
Hayley
Feb 05, 2019 added it
It’s funny how right it feels to be with these characters again, I might not feel as enchanted as I was the first time I read this, but this reread truly feels like returning to a home that was extremely overdue a visit.

The friendship shown between Celaena and Ansel warmed the cold cockles of my heart and the rivalry formed between the two mixed with the imprint they both left on each other’s hearts was bittersweet to say the least.
Queen Maas' Assas...: TOG Novellas ~ The Assassin and the Desert 11 207 Jun 24, 2020 04:53AM

• A Kingdom of Flesh and Fire (Blood and Ash, #2)
  • The Tailor (The Shadow and Bone Trilogy, #1.5)
  • How the King of Elfhame Learned to Hate Stories (The Folk of the Air, #3.5)
  • The Queen of Nothing (The Folk of the Air, #3)
  • The Wicked King (The Folk of the Air, #2)
  • Siege and Storm (The Shadow and Bone Trilogy, #2)
  • The Demon in the Wood (The Shadow and Bone Trilogy, #0.1)
  • From Blood and Ash (Blood and Ash, #1)
  • Ruin and Rising (The Shadow and Bone Trilogy, #3)
  • The Lost Sisters (The Folk of the Air, #1.5)
  • Shadow and Bone (The Shadow and Bone Trilogy, #1)
  • The Shadows Between Us
  • The Cruel Prince (The Folk of the Air, #1)
  • The Witch of Duva (Grishaverse, #0.5)
  • Serpent & Dove (Serpent & Dove, #1)
  • Destroy Me (Shatter Me, #1.5)
  • Fracture Me (Shatter Me, #2.5)
  • Blood & Honey (Serpent & Dove, #2)
Sarah J. Maas is the #1 New York Times and internationally bestselling author of the Crescent City, A Court of Thorns and Roses, and the Throne of Glass series. Her books have sold more than twelve million copies and are published in thirty-seven languages. A New York native, Sarah lives in Philadelphia with her husband, son, and dog. To find out more, visit sarahjmaas.com or follow @therealsjmaas ...more

Throne of Glass (7 books)
  • Throne of Glass (Throne of Glass, #1)
  • Crown of Midnight (Throne of Glass, #2)
  • Heir of Fire (Throne of Glass, #3)
  • Queen of Shadows (Throne of Glass, #4)
  • Empire of Storms (Throne of Glass, #5)
  • Tower of Dawn (Throne of Glass, #6)
  • Kingdom of Ash (Throne of Glass, #7)