Start by marking “Another Dumb Jock (Dumb Jock, #2)” as Want to Read:
Another Dumb Jock (Dumb Jock, #2)

Another Dumb Jock

(Dumb Jock #2)

really liked it 4.0  ·  Rating details ·  938 Ratings  ·  62 Reviews
In Dumb Jock, Jeff and Brett fall in love, but their relationship is not without challenges. Brett’s a football star, and Jeff is the classic nerd. Their coming of age and coming out story is set in the 1980s, and they face many obstacles. Yet their love for each other is strong, and they finally get their happy ending.

Now, almost three decades later, their children are te
Published January 16th 2012 by Amazon

To ask other readers questions about Another Dumb Jock, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Another Dumb Jock

A Girl Has No Name
3.5 stars!

After finishing the story about Jeff and Brett, I was looking forward to start this second installment in the series. It is featuring, Adam, the fifteen year old son of Jeff and Brett, who is the star pitcher of his school’s baseball team. Just like Brett, he loves sports – but while he adores the character traits he shares with Brett, he is more reluctant to see the similarities between himself and Jeff.

He hates being labeled and he is facing difficult situations in school that are m
Edina Rose
Jan 22, 2012 rated it really liked it
This book follows Dumb Jock 20-something years after high school opposites Jeff and Brett became an item. They have 2 teenage kids and this book shows how their son Adam comes to terms with his identity.

Adam is a jock, star of the baseball team, gorgeous, popular blablabla.

But Adam has 2 problems. He hates how effeminate one of his parents is and tries as much as possible to emulate his more masculine dad. And he does not want to be gay like his parents.

Life will teach him that:
- In a gay coupl
Madison Parker
Wow!! I really love this story. First of all, I'm so happy to be reunited with Jeff and Brett. It was so heartwarming to get of glimpse of their mature, loving relationship, and to see their relationship with their children. So nice to see that Brett's parents came around!

But this story centers on their son, Adam. Adam is a teenager who loves both of his dads very much, but as any typical teenager, is somewhat embarrassed by the way his father acts. To make matters worse, he gets a lot of sh*t
Jerry
A very unique twist on a sequel. The first book Dumb Jock, is from the point of view of the "sensitive" nerd who knows he is gay and is in love with the "dumb jock". Another Dumb Jock is from the view of a "dumb jock", who in reality is not dumb, well actually none of them are dumb and none of them are nerds (well Joey probably is). What a wonderful vehicle to campare and contrast two very different times in school. How far we have come--and how far we have yet to go! How Mr. Erno can realistica ...more
John Ames
Jan 23, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Jeff Erno did it again! Another Dumb Jock is an instant classic!

In Dumb Jock we met Brett Willson and Jeff Irwin. Fast forward twenty-five years later and we meet their son Adam Willson, who like his Dad, is another dumb jock. This amazing and thrilling story tells the story of Adam as he struggles to accept his Father and his own sexuality. Every page is page turner that will keep you on the edge of your seat. I highly recommend this book to anyone who is thinking about reading it. Trust me, yo
Mandapanda
Jan 21, 2012 rated it liked it
3.5 stars. Very sweet and romantic story of a teen who is working through the feelings he has for his two gay dads at the same time that he is finding out about his own sexuality. It's written in a deceptively simple YA style but actually tackles a lot of profound issues regarding parents and role models. The storyline is a little bit 'too good to be true' for me but if I was a gay kid I would probably think this was the most AWESOME book in the world!
T.A. Webb
Mar 20, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Almost thirty years ago now, Jeff and Brett fell in love. Jeff was a classic nerd, picked to tutor football star Brett. The course of their love wasn't easy, but they stuck it out and formed their own family. Now, their have kids of their own. Their son Adam is fifteen, and their daughter Lisa a couple of years older. They each donated sperm and it's pretty obvious to Adam, the baseball jock, that he's Brett's biological son.

And that's part of the problem. Adam's getting into fights at school an
DarienMoya
4.5

Jeff always makes my heart feel super happy. I loved Dumb Jock, which had me smiling, cheering, and crying, and he does it again with the sequel. This one focuses on the children of Jeff and Brett from the first book. Their son Adam is ball player, he’s popular but he still deals with prejudices when people find out he has two fathers. He defends his sexuality the only way he knows how to, with a fist to the accusers face.

Adam is also embarrassed of his father Jeff, who he feels is to femini
Vivian
Jul 17, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: fr, romance-contemp
Accepting who we are and the ones we love for who they are.

Brett and Jeff twenty-five years later. We meet their two children, Lisa and Adam. A family navigating the ins and outs of everyday life with teens. Egads.

The story is told from Adam viewpoint and it is interesting to see the different perspective on his dads' relationship. Like all teens, it isn't easy. Adam deals with the smack talk about his dads at school. Unfortunately, his solution leads to suspension and tutoring for the classes
maria.
Aug 14, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3rd read: jan. 28, 2018 - jan. 31, 2018

as i've stated before; this is a classic in my heart. still a 4.5 stars book but mustly out of nostalgia.

2nd read: mar. 14, 2017 - mar. 16, 2017

4.5/5

Tudo que o erno fez de errado no primeiro livro da série, ele conseguiu melhorar e acertar no segundo com Another Dumb Jock.

1st read: jun. 21, 2016 - jun. 22, 2016

4/5
Kim
Jan 24, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Jeff did it again. I loved it and didn't want it to end.
Annie
4.5 stars- Add some happy to your reading list

Another Dumb Jock is a standalone sequel which focuses on the teenage son of the main characters from the first book. Told from a single first person POV, their son is a jock who identifies as straight at the beginning of the book. As I didn’t read the first book, I can’t compare or contrast the stories but I like the idea of revisiting a couple and their children more than 20 years later.

The author does a fantastic job capturing the voice, thoughts,
Paul
Real rating 1.5 stars, there will be a more detailed review to come. I have many, many issues with this book.
Major English (Laura)
Feb 18, 2013 rated it really liked it
I liked this better than the original Dumb Jock. I thought the relationship between the two boys in this story was a lot more enjoyable than the relationship between the two boys in the original Dumb Jock. This book is not without its angst or darker moments, and there were some plot lines in this that I did not like, but overall I liked it. It's been a while since I read it, so I don't remember all of it. But my overall Impression is that I liked it.

I also thought that this was an interesting w
David
Mar 17, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I give it.. 5.1!!! Hmm.. what to say.. IT'S JUST THE BEST! Everything is there. Romance, drama etc. I really love Adam. He's so LOYAL, super caring and sweet. No. I love all of them. The dads, Adam and Trevor <3 Wonder if there's a trilogy to this haha? i mean not about their future. maybe their relatives or something and they get to involve too :p
Maggie Simms
May 01, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: coming-of-age, gay, ya, romance
This was a light and airy read. Jeff's captures teen dialogue really well. It was so nice to see more of Jeff and Brett. Trevor and Adam were really likable characters. It was a nice touch to have this one from the jock's point of view.
Purplegirl
Jan 26, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: borrowed, 2012
This was just sweetness and lollipops. It was nice to see Jeff and Brett grown and still together. Everyone was mostly happy and getting along. It was different to see the little tutor not so outwardly worshipping the jock, as usual. It was a good change. I enjoyed the book.
Jen Wilson
Apr 03, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Another great book.
Jeff Erno
Jan 20, 2012 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Now available on Amazon.
Mysterio
Super unrealistic but super, super cute.
Elisa Rolle
May 31, 2013 rated it it was amazing
2012 Rainbow Awards Honorable Mention (5* from at least 1 judge)
V
Jul 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Another wonderful story, I can't believe it took me so long to read this series.

The Novel Approach Reviews
~ Narration Rating: 5 Stars ~

I love a good Opposites Attract story, as well as discovering new (to me) authors and narrators. So, as it goes, Another Dumb Jock was, indeed, the trifecta for me, and I thoroughly enjoyed this audiobook from start to finish. Jeff Erno wrote a fantastic book, and Ezekiel Robison brought everyone to life in a wonderfully lively way.

Adam is a great kid who was brought up in a loving but non-traditional home setting, with two dads and an older sister. It’s all rather n
MyzanM
Lovely story with lovely characters.
I loved revisiting Jeff and Brett and experience their adult lives. I loved their kids and of course Adam.
The story was just as sweet as the first

I loved the first book of the series and this was almost as good.
It felt like a good remake of the first book. With a twist. Instead of the voice of the nerd we get to experience the angst and agony of the jock as he comes to terms with bullying, having two dads and the possibility of being gay himself.
Robert Helms
Jun 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
4.4⭐. BEST IF THE SERIES IS READ IN ORDER BUT NOT TOTALLY NECESSARY! Very good story! This book is a sequel to Dumb Jock by Jeff Erno. The next generations story is presented with the son of the original characters. ...more
GayListBookReviews
Sep 02, 2013 rated it really liked it
This one I absolutely loved!

Again, with the same premise, we meet Jeff and Brett again, but this time they are the parents of young jock Adam.

Adam gets in trouble at school, gets suspended, and after finding out he is failing several classes, his parents decide to hire a tutor.

And so it begins… just like his parents once upon the time.

But here Adam is reluctant to identify himself as gay. He refuses to acknowledge his sexuality and give the bullies another reason to called his parents names. It
John
Mar 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I loved it! It's actually better than the previous one. Although the book centers on Adam, who is Jeff and Brett's 16 yr. old son, we get a lot of Jeff and Brett here too. It's so interesting because, here we see them both as parents now. I believe they're in their 40s here, if I'm not mistaken. I feel like there is so much story in the span of those years that is left untold, and I desperately want to know it.

Anyway, the story here is kind of like history repeating itself. We have Adam and Trev
Curtis
Mar 15, 2014 rated it liked it
Recommended to Curtis by: Barackmag
An interesting continuation of Jeff Erno's Dumb Jock focuses on Jeff & Brett's son, Adam. Adam gets into some trouble at school and is struggling in a few of his classes, so Jeff gets their son a tutor, Trevor. Trevor is confidently out, something Adam may have a problem with since he's made it a point of letting people know that just because his dads are gay, it doesn't mean he is, too. But spending time with Trevor rouses some curiosities for Adam that he might finally feel compelled to ac ...more
Raisa
this book was about adam, brett and jeff's son. Adam is always fighting someone at school because they make comments about his gay fathers, and Adam is always denying he is not gay, but that changes when he meets Trevor, who is out and proud of who he is, but that might be difficult for adam because he is still in the closet!

i loved their relationship, and i hated how trevor had to stand the beatens from his mothers boyfriend.
i loved how Adams parents ( jeff and brett) helped them and accepted t
Dreamspinner Press: Another Dumb Jock by Jeff Erno 1 10 Jul 17, 2013 05:34AM
  • Raise Your Glass (Tales from Foster High, #3)
  • The Decisions We Make
  • Wrestling With Desire
  • Play Me, I'm Yours
  • Surviving Elite High (Surviving Elite High, #1)
  • The Price of Falling
  • Outtakes of A Walking Mistake
  • Superhero
  • Intervention
  • Heartless (Keeping Secrets #1)
  • Ravages
  • Kamikaze Boys
  • Stronger In Your Hands (The Making of a Man #3)
Jeff Erno currently lives in southern Michigan. He holds a bachelor's degree in business management and human resources. Jeff began writing stories in the late 1990's and initially posted them to a free online amateur website. The positive feedback he received from readers encouraged him to continue, and this eventually led to the publication of his first novel, Dumb Jock. Erno has subsequently pu ...more

Dumb Jock (6 books)
  • Dumb Jock (Dumb Jock, #1)
  • Appearances Matter (Dumb Jock, #3)
  • Dumb Jock: The Musical (Dumb Jock, #4)
  • Two Dumb Jocks (Dumb Jock, #5)
  • My Dumb Jock (Dumb Jock, #6)
“Okay, rule number one: if you do not understand something, you need to stop me and tell me you don’t understand. If I ask if you’ve got it and you say you’ve got it but you don’t really have it, then it’s not my fault that you haven’t got it. Got it?” 8 likes