Start by marking “Mystery at Shadow Lake (Spencer Kane Adventure, #1)” as Want to Read:
Mystery at Shadow Lake (Spencer Kane Adventure, #1)

Read eBook

Mystery at Shadow Lake

(Spencer Kane Adventure #1)

Spencer Kane, a teenager on vacation with his family at Shadow Lake, Michigan, finds himself in the middle of peculiar, even paranormal situations that affect many of the lake residents. Spencer and his friends unknowingly cause the events to intensify and become more violent, bringing even more danger to those who haven't yet fled the lake in terror.
Published January 16th 2012 by CreateSpace (first published December 23rd 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Mystery at Shadow Lake, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mystery at Shadow Lake

Jeannie and Louis Rigod
Jul 22, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This book is a thriller in the finest sense of the word. It is also a serial, in that it ends with a 'to be continued.' While that will have me coming back this time, I hope it doesn't take too many books to find the solution.

Spencer Kane, seventeen, is a normal boy looking forward to the family's annual two week vacation at the lake house. Shadow Lake, Michigan is a popular vacation spot and many families have chosen to buy their vacation homes there so, everyone knows each other fairly well.

So
Ashley Moore
I did not like this book. The writing did not flow well and most of conversation felt forced. People spoke in a way that is not entire realistic. Also, I did not like the ending. The story is going and then all of sudden the book is over. It could have ended on a better note and lead into the next book a little more smoothly.
Donna King
Nov 27, 2018 rated it it was ok
I don't like it when you have to get another book to finish the story. A book should stand on it's own. That is not to say that there can't be additional books.
Brenda Hoffman
Apr 05, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
I am the author of this book, so of course I like it! This is the first in a series called the Spencer Kane Adventures. The book was not specifically written for young adults, but I've been told the book is perfect for their age group...in addition to adults.

FREE Offer - The e-book version can currently be downloaded for FREE from Amazon, B&N and Smashwords.

This is the first time I've added a book to Goodreads, so I'm not sure if I'm doing this correctly. I'm sure someone will let me know!

Pl
Allyson
Apr 10, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2012
I really enjoyed this book. From the adventure of a dug up backyard to the police station to find out about the Native land I loved it. I didnt want to put it down. Cant wait to read the next one!
I just finished Escape from shadow lake i loved it as well but i dont really like the brief enddings the books have but hey i never wrote a book before i just wanted to say they are short and sweet and now i have to wait to read book 3. Thanks again for the free copy of Mystery at shadow lake!
Candy
Jul 22, 2012 rated it liked it
I seriously can't decide about this book. I did like it and it was a easy and quick read. It also kept my attention pretty well. What I didn't like is that it played the adults as idiots and having to tell their child Spencer as though he was the adult and their protector. I realize the the book is a Spencer Kane adventure, but it just plays on that adults are fools and only he can save the day.
Heidi Rothert
May 12, 2014 rated it did not like it
I felt like the storyline had potential, but the writing style felt very young and forced. I admittedly stopped before getting through the first chapter because the writing style just didn't hold my attention.
Toni
Apr 05, 2012 added it
was very creapy was not a good idea to read at night scared the hell out of me .... and i did not like that it was VERY Opened at the end and you have to wait till sometimes this spring to get the next book
Rose
Jun 03, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I could not put this book down. I am looking forward to reading Return to Shadow Lake...
Lori
Jun 01, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: adult, mystery
Horrible ending ... Such a long drawn out book to have such a poor ending.
Jennifer Cain
Is it a good book
Nancy
Jun 22, 2012 rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: nobody
Paranormal mystery. Dialog a little juvenile and stilted. Mystery was not solved. You have to read the next book. Don't think I'll bother.
Tamaran
May 10, 2012 rated it it was amazing
i love this book i just wish the next one was free
Yvonne
May 18, 2016
Alejandro Valdez
Oct 04, 2014
Marsha Griffith
rated it did not like it
Nov 13, 2014
Elvis
Aug 24, 2012
Tracy
Aug 09, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Around the Year i...: Mystery at Shadow Lake, by B. L. Hoffman 2 8 Jul 08, 2018 07:38AM

Spencer Kane Adventure (3 books)
  • Escape from Shadow Lake (Spencer Kane Adventure, #2)
  • Return to Shadow Lake (Spencer Kane Adventure, #3)