Start by marking “Whispers of Dreams (A Poetic Collection)” as Want to Read:
Whispers of Dreams (A Poetic Collection)

Whispers of Dreams (A Poetic Collection)

3.79  ·  Rating details ·  114 Ratings  ·  21 Reviews
A collection of 37 poems that invade the mind, slip into your dreams and give a taste of love, loss and the intricacies of life.
ebook
Published February 24th 2012

To ask other readers questions about Whispers of Dreams, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Whispers of Dreams

Jacquie Talento
Feb 25, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Ms. Purdy really knows how to bring things out that others can’t put into words. The actions and feelings in her writing hits home for many of us but it’s the description she puts into her poetry that makes her so good. I love reading anything she has put out as she is not disappointing at all.
Ju$tin
Apr 06, 2016 rated it did not like it
at least it was free
Wanda Hartzenberg
Jul 20, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: poetry
Like I said, I dont read poetry, I simply dont like it.
But these poems, some of them I did get. A long time ago a woman asked me to review her poetry book.
I tried to get out of it by saying I would not know how to begin to review a poetry book.
Her response... if you are alive you will understand poetry that is about the living.
I took her advice reluctantly but now I can say forsure I do get her advice.
Poetry is an extremely personal journey.
It is not the intent of the poet but the reader that de
J.T. Lewis
Feb 25, 2012 rated it it was amazing
The thoughts and dreams of Alexia Purdy are expressed as poetry in Whispers of Dream. It is an insightful look into the darkness and light involved in the thoughts of us all. An easy and thoughtful read, I highly recommend it to anyone that enjoys great poetry!
Shweta Choudhary
Sep 06, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful lines...Loved the whole thing...thanks for making it free today Alexia Purdy or else I wouldn't have read it...

this is my favourite

While I Wait…
Fate,
So sensitive to every move we sway.
Love,
So fragile to every word we say.
Time,
A fire that consumes the day.
And hate,
Swallows us in for pay.
Life,
Can you feel me washing away?
And Death,
So certain that you will stay.
Hope,
So compressed in the faraway.
But Me,
I guess I’ll be okay

Seasons
You, you’re like the rain in winter,
Cold and stinging o
Anne (Angel Anne Reviews) Nelson
A time of reflection, as you read the words that are melded into this wonderful collection of poetry, written by the amazing author Alexia Purdy.

Life isn’t always filled with happy times; we have our sad/bad times too. Light and dark, just like day and night… it’s our balance so to speak, and we may not understand why the dark sad times have to happen when they do. But when it all comes full circle we come to then understand why they did in fact happen. We will then grow from them all in good ti
Daniel
Jul 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing
For once, I don't believe in giving stars to poetry books, they are so personal that it's not possible to know if someone else would love those that you loved too.

These poems did touch something in me, so that's why they got a 5* from me.

My favourite:

Releasing the Muse

This sweet inhibition,
Has frozen all my time,
As intensely given,
Taking all that's mine.

Silence, a dear, old friend,
Shows all that I could be,
Feeling a slight of fancy,
Becoming suddenly.

A touch of intensity,
Ringing in my headm
Spinni
Laura Young
Apr 21, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Haunting, alluring, amazing, obsessive, spectacular. Are all words that can fit with this poem.
In short poems Alexia Purdy is able to draw you into a series of poems about multiple meaning, similar meanings, all drawing you, no making you feel and breath the poem. Until you can feel, or compare a story tot he poem.
If you love emotional poetry then this is something you need to read.
Claire Taylor
Apr 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Alexia Purdy
Five Fathoms Poetic Collection

A heartfelt collection of 37 poems, which includes something for every mood. Personal favourites include Broken Wing, While I Wait, Light, Inside, Wallflower & Voices.

Daniel Hicks
Jun 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I Loved every word in it not one of them was bad just lovely sayings
Jenny Bynum Black Words-White Pages
5*****s
37 Awesome poems that will just melt your heart and make you smile! Thank you Alexia!!!
Doris
Mar 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Poetry is something that touches each of us differently.
The author will feel and envision one thing when writing and then each and every reader after can pull something different from it that speaks to them personally.

I am a HUGE fan of Alexia Purdy's work and 'Whispers of Dreams' just solidifies that.

It's an enchanting collection of poetry and Alexia's feeling and thoughts are just so raw and on display. You can't help but love them.
~Dowie

Stacey
Jun 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
5.0 out of 5 stars i love poetry, June 25, 2014
By stacey c. brown
Edit Review
Delete Review
Verified Purchase(What's this?)
This review is from: Whispers of Dreams (A Poetic Collection) (Kindle Edition)
i love all the poetry in this book i couldn't put it down lol.. it is a fast read but it kept you into suspense to read every word of it and anticipating what came next .... it you love poetry this is a must read .... this is my amazon review
Ryan Snyder
May 23, 2014 added it
Shelves: amazon
My favorites were: Memory Blitz, Questions, Time, Child, and Devil Inside. Questions and Time being my top faves. The poems were very relate-able. They were quick to read and simple, yet made me think at the same time. Very entertaining and thought- provoking. I am glad I found this free on amazon. (:
Maggie Chatterton
Feb 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
Whispers of Dreams by Alexia Purdy is a captivating poetry collection. Each poem called to me, whispering a soft story. I couldn't pick a favorite among these works, each were stunning in their own right. But if I have to choose, I would pick Souls to be my favorite.
G L Meisner
May 18, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: poetry
The poems themselves were often disjointed, losing the universal meaning that poems like these should have. Purdy also focused on making certain the poems rhymed and had separate lines that could be help in much of the collection which took away from what could have been a stronger poem.
Kayla Eklund
Oct 31, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I loved Whispers of Dreams. I could identify with almost all of the poems, which is odd for me because I'm not a big fan of poetry. All of the poems were definitely empowering.
Tanya
Aug 28, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: poetry
Very beautiful. The emotions displayed in these poems can easily move the readers and make them smile and cry and sigh.
Lynne Wehrle
Sep 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
So many of these I could relate to
Ashton Widdison
Jan 23, 2016 rated it liked it
Pretty poems. "Immobile" was my favorite!
James Sanders
Jul 14, 2014
Alexia Purdy
Jan 19, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Allesandra Bell
Kendra
Jul 22, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • Haunted II
  • Love & War (The Arcadia Falls Chronicles #1)
  • Dark Light
  • The Book Waitress (The Book Waitress, #1)
  • Winter Fae (Armored Hearts, #0.5)
  • Atone (Patronus, #2.5)
  • Shadows & Voices (Holly Silverstone, #1)
  • The Sands Of Time (The Witching Pen series, #2)
  • Betrayals of Spring (Forever Fae, #2)
  • Sweet, Decadent Fire (Breath of Darkness, #2)
  • The Modified (The Biotics Trilogy, #1)
  • In Embers (Ember, #3)
  • Eternal Hope (Hope, #2)
  • Compulsion (Moon Coven, #1)
  • Witchy Business (Witch Detectives #1)
  • Everlife
  • Elegantly Undead (Coffin Girls, #1)
  • Touching Eternity (Touch, #1.5)
Alexia currently lives in Las Vegas, Nevada–Sin City! She loves to spend every free moment writing or playing with her four rambunctious kids. Writing has always been her dream and she has been writing ever since she can remember. She loves writing paranormal fantasy and poetry and devours books daily. Alexia also enjoys watching movies, dancing, singing loudly in the car and Italian food.

Visit h
More about Alexia Purdy...
“Candied Sin I can hold you in my arms Feeling your soul’s embrace I can make it hard to breath Standing face to face Lips of sweetest candied sin Wisps of thoughts ignite within Makes the hours infinite Observations intricate Touch of skin, heat and lace Skimmed upon a jaded face Into your depths, here I go Swept into my very soul.” 1 likes
“While I Wait… Fate, So sensitive to every move we sway. Love, So fragile to every word we say. Time, A fire that consumes the day. And hate, Swallows us in for pay. Life, Can you feel me washing away? And Death, So certain that you will stay. Hope, So compressed in the faraway. But Me, I guess I’ll be okay.” 0 likes