Start by marking “An Angel Box” as Want to Read:
An Angel Box

An Angel Box

Only one person can save Laverne, Oklahoma from a sadistic prison escapee ... and this one person is also a killer, even though he is 12 years old.

When the prisoner heads to Laverne to seek his own twisted brand of revenge, he meets Harrison. Harrison is challenged with Down's syndrome, yet he manages to get inside the prisoner's mind.

When they finally meet face-to-face, t
Published February 2012 by Desert Coyote Productions

To ask other readers questions about An Angel Box, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about An Angel Box

Richard Gill
Mar 10, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
Every book is not for every reader. At first I didn’t think this one was for me. It seemed like it would be just another prison story. I am not usually a great fan of those be they in print or on film. Fortunately the writer’s crisp, swift style quickly moved the story from the cell block to the city block. The rapid pace of the book doesn’t end there but rather begins. The antagonist proceeds in an expected, mechanical way while the rest of the widely varied cast race, through time and vivid s ...more
Jeannie Faulkner Barber
Feb 11, 2012 rated it it was amazing
An Angel Box is a riviting thriller that evokes sympathy and courage at the same time. It carries the reader into the depths of the characters like nothing else I've ever read. Just when you think you've figured it out, Denny Youngblood's masterful writing presents another twist, one that will have you turning the pages wanting more. He weaves compassion, fear, humor, and love throughout this must read! I recommend it to everyone. Great job!
Bhahirah Larai
Mar 11, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This is the First time reading a book like this and I must say I love it. I felt like I got to know the characters and as I finish each chapter I just had to know what happend next. Definatly going to read it again. Good thing I have a sign copy with my name. I cant wait for his next books. Please write one soon.
Don Martinez
Feb 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing
A chilling thriller of a novel. Denny crafts one of the most evil characters I've ever read, then turns him loose on small-town Oklahoma. A great read!
Daisy
Jun 04, 2012 rated it it was amazing
An Angel Box is a fantastic thriller!!! Can't wait for his sequel to be out...
Becky
Dec 26, 2013 rated it did not like it
Firstly, I don't know if I'm super paranoid or what but I noticed that the author had reviewed his own book at 5 stars and voted his book at number 1 in the "best thrillers ever" list, then looking at the other positive reviewers - a high majority of them (if not all) are friends with the author and with each other. Seems kind of suspicious to me...

Now on to the review:

I... don't get it.

There are so many unanswered questions in this book, it makes no sense, unless I'm being totally dense and mi
Denny Youngblood
May 24, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This is a tightly-woven story with a little boy named Harrison Thurston in the center of it. Though he is a Down's syndrome child, at the age of 12 he is forced to deal with and confront evil at its worst. This evil goes by the name of "Cellie". Cellie is bent on destroying Harrison's family. Through many twists and turns in the story, Harrison matures and grows into a stronger young man. When he and Cellie meet face to face, Harrison's life changes dramatically. The ending is heart-wrenching, s ...more
Place
Jun 21, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Denny Youngblood is a definite weaver of words. The intensity that he writes made me smile, cringe, laugh, and read with one eye open....this is a must read if you like thrillers. I love how you never know what An Angel Box is until the END of the book! Great job!
Chrysty
May 18, 2012 rated it really liked it
I couldn't put this book down. I found it was one of those that tempted me to jump to the end so I could just find out what was going to happen already! A captivating read!
Melissa
Jul 21, 2012 rated it it was amazing
loved this book!!!
Alice Youngblood
Jul 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing
An Angel Box was so thrilling and such a page-turner! It was the best book I have ever read; kept my interest through the entire book! Denny is such a talented author.
Wenmay
rated it did not like it
Nov 06, 2012