Start by marking “Cataclysm (Noah Zarc #2)” as Want to Read:
Cataclysm (Noah Zarc #2)

Cataclysm

(Noah Zarc #2)

Thirteen-year-old Noah Zarc rockets to Venus in a quest to learn more about his past. He refuses to believe his father is really the monster everyone says he is. Could there be valid reasons for everything he's done, including abandoning Noah at birth?

While searching for answers to secrets no one wants to talk about, even those that have remained hidden for over a thousand
Paperback, 2nd, 234 pages
Published July 22nd 2013 by Evolved Publishing (first published November 27th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Cataclysm, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cataclysm

Elaine
Apr 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
This is a superb sci-fi adventure aimed for readers aged 9 - 12 but it could well appeal to others (including adults) outside this age group! Set in the future, most of the story revolves around the thhirteen-year-old Noah Zarc, a paraplegic who spends his life in a very versatile, responsive and futuristic wheelchair which enables him to live a relatively normal life. That is if you class being a space travelling adventurer setting out to save humankind to be normal for someone of this age! In ...more
Elizabeth
Oct 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Outstanding! Fast paced, action packed story with more twists than you can count. Definitely worth a read! I was lucky enough to receive a free copy of this book and look forward to the next one.
Heather
Dec 01, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own
This is the second book in the Noah Zarc series by Robert Pease and it was just as thrilling and full of close calls, time jumping and catastrophes and revelations as the first novel in the series Noah Zarc Mammoth Trouble. Noah is a time hopping space cruiser driving phenom who gets himself roped into helping his father Haon (Noah spelled backwards) visit Earth before whatever catastrophic event happened that made it uninhabitable for thousands of years. Something that destroyed everything that ...more
Michelle Isenhoff
Apr 22, 2012 rated it it was amazing
In book one, Noah’s family had embarked on a scientific mission of repopulating the earth with animals. But Haon Craz had done his best to thwart their efforts. Now, we find out another side of this villain. A visit to Venus shows Noah the horrible squalor the Venetians live in. Haon, he learns, isn’t against the ARC project so much as he is for recolonizing the earth with people. But the Poligarchy, in an effort to keep its rigid control over the solar system, won’t allow it. Yet we’re never qu ...more
Lissette
Nov 25, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Noah Zarc has had to come to terms with a lot of things ever since the fiasco that ensued when he tried to save his parents and the world from the shenanigans of a man he's learned is his real father. He was taught that Haon is a bad man. That he's done what he done in retaliation for the supposed injustices that have been committed against him. Yet as secrets about Noah's past come to light, he begins to wonder whether the truth is exactly what he's been told.

Sent to Mars to live with his grand
Denae Christine
Aug 01, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: sci-fi, space-travel
This took me a long time to read. I got bored with it. There were things happening, but I couldn't make myself care about the robots and about Noah's troubles. I'm not sure why. Maybe because the neural implant's capacities are never explored. Maybe because Noah's difficulties at being paralyzed seem to occur at random moments when it is least convenient, less like a lifestyle and more like a tool used by the author. I don't know.

Also, Noah kept making mistakes. Everyone risks their lives for hi
Aroura
Dec 02, 2012 rated it really liked it
Noah has grown up a lot since Mammoth Trouble ended. My only complaint is the whole tone of his narration seems slightly too sophisticated. Other than that, though, Cataclysm is the perfect adventure to follow Mammoth Trouble. The plots and twists were a little more grown up (which they should be!) and had me guessing up to the end. I love that!
Pease really is masterful at great pacing and doling out information at the right time to keep you from getting lost, but still wanting to find out what
Donna
Nov 30, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This is a fabulous book. If you've read the first book, you know Noah is a paraplegic who never lets his handicap bring him down. This book starts off with a bang, literally, asteroids whizzing past Noah's spaceship, yes, I said a SPACESHIP. Noah is an amazing character. You will love him and his friends. They live on Mars with Gramps.

This book has all the action and space/time jumping we loved from book 1. Personally, I think it's better than MAMMOTH TROUBLE. Noah has grown up. He has a wonderf
Trisha Perry
Jun 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Noah and his friends are back at it, trying to save the world, well maybe the universe. Noah has strange dream and when he goes investigate them of course Haon is behind it all. Haon needs Noah's help to time travel, and only Noah can do it, and he needs to do it to save Earth. But what exactly destroyed Earth all those years ago to begin with is Noah's biggest question.

This was another wonderful book by D. Robert Pease. It is exciting and fast paced, it will keep the attention of anyone. with t
Tricia Kristufek
Nov 25, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviews
“This is how you get things done. Find the right people, put them in a room, lock the doors, and throw lots of money at them."

Noah is off to find out more about his past when he accidentally finds himself in the wrong place at the wrong time. Caught between finding his family and his curiosity about his past, Noah does what any bot his age would -- head off on a dangerous, exciting adventure.

A good follow-up to book one, book two follows Noah as he meets new friends, encounters old enemies, and
Andrea
Dec 02, 2012 rated it really liked it
I was lucky enough to read the sequel to Noah Zarc: Mammoth Trouble, and it was once again surprisingly good! I really enjoyed the easy flow of the book and the writing. It had been away since I read the first book, but Pease refreshed my mind several times throughout the book which I liked. It was nice seeing the development of Noah and seeing him grow up. I’ve never really read any sci-fi and this is as close to it as I can get, nothing to complicated or overly scientific. I found myself enjo ...more
David Radtke
Dec 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I just finished doing the prep-reading before recording the audiobook version, and I must say that book two really blew me away. I narrated the audiobook version of book one (Mammoth Trouble) and it was really good, but book two (Cataclysm) definitely reached a higher level.

I guess what I liked the most was the way D. Robert Pease played around with the whole concept of time travel. Quite ingenuous. But not too baffling as to confuse the reader.

Oh! And I love how even though it's written in fi
Dan Rogers
Feb 26, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another enjoyable episode in the adventures of Noah Zarc. Noah travels through time in an effort to find out what happened to Earth and why the planet is no longer inhabited, at the same time learning more about Haon and why he is so disliked.

One of the things I find so enjoyable about this series is that it is a good introduction to the genre of Science Fiction, which is so important when trying to encourage reluctant readers. I have students "lined up" waiting to get their hands on these book
Jessica
Jan 24, 2013 rated it really liked it
This is a great follow up to the first book.

It is again fast paced and highly original. Sometimes I found it hard to keep up with all the new concepts, worlds and people. I would have preferred it if the author had spent a few more pages on what was going on with the other characters, otherwise I would have given this a five star.
Celesta Thiessen
Jul 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
My husband and I read this book with our 10 yr old. We all liked it! In this story (book 2) the plot takes several turns for the unexpected as the main character finds out more about his father and the past. Highly recommended to anyone who likes space adventure stories.
Amanda
David Kong
Jul 09, 2014
Susan
Aug 12, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 stars. Cataclysm is the second book in the Noah Zarc series. This can be read as a standalone, though it makes more sense if you have read the prequel and the first book. The next book has already been released so why stop with just this one? While this book and series is written for middle schoolers, adults will enjoy it too. At least this adult did. There is some violence.

The book blurb adequately describes the storyline so I'm not going to repeat that all of that info here. The story, and
Shirley Selby
Yvette Mcnalley diaz
Aug 21, 2013
Susan
Jan 23, 2012
D. Robert Pease has been interested in creating worlds since childhood. From building in the sandbox behind his house, to drawing fantastical worlds with paper and pencil, there has hardly been a time he hasn't been off on some adventure in his mind, to the dismay of parents and teachers alike. Also, since the moment he could read, books have consumed vast swaths of his life. From The Mouse and th ...more

Noah Zarc (4 books)
  • Mammoth Trouble (Noah Zarc, #1)
  • Declaration (Noah Zarc, #3)
  • Noah Zarc: Omnibus