Start by marking “Mr. Terupt Falls Again (Mr. Terupt, #2)” as Want to Read:
Mr. Terupt Falls Again (Mr. Terupt, #2)

Mr. Terupt Falls Again

(Mr. Terupt #2)

The kids and teacher of Because of Mr. Terupt are back in this warm-hearted sequel.

Fifth-grade was full of unforgettable events for Mr. Terupt and his class at Snow Hill School. Seven students were particularly affected by Mr. Terupt. Now those seven students are back, and they've been granted the rare opportunity to send one more year with their beloved teacher before the
Published October 9th 2012 by Delacorte Books for Young Readers (first published 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Mr. Terupt Falls Again, please sign up.

Lola
Jan 14, 2018 rated it liked it
Mr. Terupt and his students are back… Although he is out of the hospital, Mr. Terupt has not fully recovered from his injuries and coma, but that is actually not what the title refers to at all.

This time around, Mr. Terupt falls… in love. His students are very excited for him and fully support him just like he supports them at all times. Peter, Jessica, Luke, Alexia, Jeffrey, Danielle and Anna are once again dealing with their own personal problems and making mistakes.

To some extent, these char
Merrie
Dec 08, 2012 rated it it was ok
After reading Because of Mr. Terupt, my students convinced me to read the sequel. BEWARE! The material is not appropriate for read alouds in the classroom. Mr. Buyea continues this book with the sixth grade year of the same students from last year. While funny in parts, the subject matter is way too mature for my fourth graders. Honestly, I wouldn't recommend this one to any fourth grader and was disappointed. The book may be more appropriate for middle school readers, especially girls.
Ms. Yingling
Jun 09, 2012 rated it it was ok
The fifth graders who were in Mr. Terupt's class the year that he started his awesome teaching career but also became gravely injured are glad to have him again for 6th grade. In chapters from different students' perspectives, we see how the students lives and the classroom are different. Lexie is trying to grow up too fast and is hanging out with high schoolers who are getting her in trouble. Peter is trying to deal with his guilt. Luke is staying on top of being the best student in the class. ...more
Isabelle
Sep 20, 2012 rated it it was amazing
It was unbelievable that Mr. Terupt was able to help seven students so much throughout many hardships. The accident that was so skillfully planned, in the 1st book, wasn't even an accident at all. Each an every one of those seven students were guided and helped as Mr. Terupt was lying lifeless in his bed.

I was a little nervous reading the title of, "Mr. Terupt Falls Again." Obviously, I was thinking of yet another great deal of sorrow for all the kids. But.. throughout the book, I realized the
Leo
Jun 14, 2012 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed reading this sequel. I'll be honest, I geeked out with the reader's workshop reference but that's just the teacher in me.
vic (indefinite hiatus)
just a disclaimer that i didn't know that this book is recommended to fourth graders and i'm eighteen so ahaha.

anyways i didn't enjoy this as much which is why this is a two star. i had pretty level expectations for this but honestly i barely saw a plot. the problem was really the connection between each point of view for each student.

in six of crows ( which also contained a bunch of perspectives, they were tied in with each other. in this book, i get that you sometimes have to repeat events, b
Snazzy Reads
Apr 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
It's so good!
Mia Will-Marek
Sep 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Do you like adventurous stories? This book is realistic fiction because, things in this book can happen in real life. My opinion of the book is, it is really good I would read it again if I could. I really liked how every time something bad would happen they would find Mr. Terupt just to make sure he was okay because they know the risks that could happen could ruin Mr. Terupts life. ***Spoiler Alert***
The setting is mainly in the school. The students got Mr. Terupt to teach them again because th
Shivantika
Sep 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Camille
Jan 17, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: young-adult
While I liked this sequel, it didn't hold the same charm for me as Because of Mr. Terupt. It was nice to have the loose ends tied up and to continue to follow the students from the previous book, but there was a little more content about maturation than I was comfortable with for an audience I assume is targeted at upper elementary students--it seemed more appropriate for junior high. Still, I always enjoy reading about a great teacher, and Mr. Terupt falls into that category. I particularly app ...more
Rebecca
Oct 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Wow, I never thought a book could have such a huge influence on me. Mr. Terrupt falls again was AMAZING!! At first I didn't think I was going to like it as much as Because of Mr. Terrupt but once I got going it turned out to be wonderful. Everyone needs to read this book. I cant even explain in words how terrific this book really was. Don't miss out on this inspiring book!!!
Wendi Lee
I didn't enjoy this book as much as "Because of Mr. Terupt." While the first book revolved around Mr. Terupt's accident, there were a bunch of unrelated events happening here. Lexie starts hanging out with teenagers who encourage her to wear makeup and smoke. Jeffrey finds an abandoned baby on the side of the road (!!! This could be a major plot point in many books, but not here). Danielle's grandparents are worried and mad because Native Americans are trying to "steal" their land. And so on.

So
PinkAmy loves books, cats and naps
In MR TERUPT FALLS AGAIN the teacher moves to sixth grade along with his class. The same seven kids from BECAUSE OF MR TERUPT have grown under his guidance and have become friends and supporters of each other.

I didn’t like part two of this three part series as much as the first because situations with the kids felt less genuine and more forced. Everything magically falls into place, which may be satisfactory for younger middle grade readers.

MR TERUPT FALLS AGAIN will appeal to readers of the fir
Madison McGuiness
Jun 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Jeffery is loving. His brother died, and afterwards his family started to drift apart. When he found an abandoned baby he took him home, and the child was eventually adopted. This brought his family closer than ever.
Karla Aragones
Oct 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
After reading this book it might make you appreciate your teachers more by the side that you understand why they do what they do.If your like me and likes realistic fiction I recommend this book to you. It's funny book but, there is also some sad moments. You get points of view from each student.I noticed there was a lot of things that the students did that I do.

The students changed a lot through out the story. They became friends after they met Mr.Terupt. The title "Mr.Terupt Falls Again" rel
Sweet Caroline
Feb 23, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Release Date: October 9th 2012!!!!!!!

C'mon, C'mon..... So close!!!!!!

It's here! It was SOOOOOOOO awesome! I love Mr Terupt Falls Again!

If you go on Rob Buyea's website, you'll see the picture of him and his daughter where it says "...she has read my third book..." Since Mr Terupt Falls Again is Rob Buyea's second book, than there might be a Mr Terupt trilogy! I hope there is! That would be really cool!

For anyone who lives in Manchester, CT:
Rob Buyea is coming to the Nutmeg@Night this year! :D
Katherine Mooney
Jul 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
BEST BOOK EVER!!!! I read it in fifth and couldn't put it down!!!!!! YOU MUST READ IT!!
Allen Central
Dec 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A great sequel with new problems for Mr. Terupt to help solve.
Brittin Grace
Oct 26, 2013 rated it really liked it
I liked this, but I liked the first one better. I think is more for girls... (includes periods, and other girl problems..) But it was still good
Jackson
Jun 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book was as good as the book before it. And that was awesome.
Keegan Johnson
Student Name: Koko Sprinkles Date Submitted:5/37/2043
Book Title: Mr. Terupt Falls Again Lexile: Pineapple

Personal Opinion:
This book was full of twists everywhere. It was well written. The only part that confused me at first was the new way Jessica’s part was written. Other than that it was the same format as before. I also enjoy the way you get to see the perspective from everyone's view and not just one character’s perspective or the narrator's perspective.

Plot Summary:
So this book began in t
Mr Taberner
Feb 15, 2018 rated it liked it
I enjoyed it but I was thrown off by the Farmer vs Native American land rights battle that was never fully developed. It made me wonder why Buyea put that in the novel -- did he originally plan to make it a larger part of the plot? Whether Buyea intended to or not, Falls Again might leave kids [that are not familiar with the sad history of the downfall/genocide of Native Americans] with the impression that Native Americans are strange, greedy people who plan to steal hard working, WHITE farmers' ...more
Keri Giaquinto
Mar 04, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-aloud
Good book read aloud wise but if you’re teaching anything below 8th grade, I’d be careful and/or send permission slips home first. There was some content that I myself deemed inappropriate for my 5th graders. While I think some could handle parts, most were not mature enough whatsoever. My students were very annoyed when I skipped parts and it did require very quick thinking on my part with some improv but overall, they really enjoyed the book and so did I. It was a great sequel.
Lauren
Apr 29, 2019 rated it did not like it
DNF. We read the first book because it was assigned for summer reading and I found i totally unimpressive. I didn't see why Mr. T was such an influence on these kids when he was barely part of their lives. Any teacher worth anything could have connected with these kids as minimally as he did. The 2nd book I began to read because my 5th grader requested to and I can't get past the Lexie chapters with cigarettes and sexual innuendo. I told him we could do better. This book is really not my cup of ...more
Mayla
Dec 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: ava pratt
The second book never seems as good as the first, except for maybe this one! I loved the changes that happened to the same old characters, that seemed to turn them into completely new people!
I gave this book 4 stars because I won't forget what happened in it, but will personally still like the first book the better.
Rekha M
Jan 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
I thought this book was really good. It was a great sequel to Because of Mr. Terupt. I recommend it to all realistic fiction lovers. Enjoy!
Libby May
Nov 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorite-ever
Love love love. I love this series!
Maya Thomas
Apr 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Such a satisfying sequal! If you read the first one then I would strongly encourage you to read this one.
Amy Lou
Mar 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
It was fantastic, of course. I love the writing style and characters of this series. I’m excited to finally finish the whole set!
Annie K.
Nov 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book was a great sequel to Because of Mr. Terupt. Very satisfying to see how the characters keep growing and changing, and the voices are perfect.

• The Runaway Dragon
  • Road Trip
  • My Summer of Pink & Green (Pink & Green, #2)
  • The Ugly Princess and the Wise Fool
  • Prairie Evers
  • The Question of Miracles
  • The Five Lives of Our Cat Zook
  • The Siren's Cry (The Otherworldlies #2)
  • When Life Gives You O.J.
  • Hide and Seek
  • From Norvelt to Nowhere
  • Olivia Bean, Trivia Queen
  • The Brilliant Fall of Gianna Z.
  • A Stiff Kiss
  • I Feel Better with a Frog in My Throat: History's Strangest Cures
  • Radio Fifth Grade
  • The Secret Tree
  • Wildfire Run

Mr. Terupt (3 books)
  • Because of Mr. Terupt (Mr. Terupt, #1)
  • Saving Mr. Terupt (Mr. Terupt, #3)
“Sometimes answers come at unexpected times, in unexpected ways and unexpected places.” 14 likes
“Mom and Dad were killed in a car accident on their way home from the tournament.” Mr. Terupt’s eyes were moist, but he kept going. “Fortunately, I was headed to college, which was the best place for me. Wrestling saved my life. The challenge it provided kept me going when I could have easily given up. I have no brothers or sisters, or any other extended family, so I was alone after my parents died. You saw that last year at the hospital. But now I have all of you. Sometimes answers come at unexpected times, in unexpected ways and unexpected places. I never” 6 likes