Start by marking “Tiny Food Party!: Bite-Size Recipes for Miniature Meals” as Want to Read:
Tiny Food Party!: Bite-Size Recipes for Miniature Meals

Tiny Food Party!: Bite-Size Recipes for Miniature Meals

Hors d'oeuvres have a reputation for requiring frou-frou ingredients that are difficult to identify—let alone locate in a grocery store. (When's the last time you ate an amuse-bouche at home?) It's about time for an appetizer cookbook that has fun with the concept of tasting an entire meal in one bite!

With Tiny Food Party!, Teri Lyn Fisher and Jenny Park share super quick
Published October 9th 2012 by Quirk Books

To ask other readers questions about Tiny Food Party!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tiny Food Party!

Start your review of Tiny Food Party!: Bite-Size Recipes for Miniature Meals
Arielle Walker
Jan 28, 2014 rated it really liked it
Great book - most of these foods look so ridiculously tasty and the tiniest just adds another interesting element. I've found myself wanting to throw dinner parties just to have these little canapes and snacks!
Autumn
Nov 24, 2012 rated it really liked it
This book is simultaneously attractive and repellent. If I make a plate of deviled quail eggs, am I participating in the fall of the Roman Empire? BUT THEY'RE SO CUTE!

The authors are professional food stylists rather than taste experts, but that might be an advantage in noticing that you can make tiny chicken and waffles with mini-Eggos. Most of the recipes are pretty complicated. The real tiny food party is going to be in your kitchen as you while away the afternoon individually frying mini
Paige Showalter
Sep 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great ideas and recipes!
Stella
Jun 09, 2019 rated it liked it
Cute! But nothing really jumped out at me with a must-make-now urgency.
Awjtf
Sep 01, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
great little party book!
Em
Nov 25, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: food
The recipes are very cute -- small versions of normal-sized dishes. I have made three so far; I chose ones that looked easy, but it still took me forever. They might be small, but they're not simple.
Caity
Jan 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
This book is absolutely adorable. There is a good amount of variety in the recipes and many recipes come with suggestions for easy substitutions which is nice for adding a vegetarian option or betting fitting a dish with the rest of your menu. The book also provides party themes with suggested menus from the provided recipes. This can be really helpful and fun but may be a bit difficult in execution as these recipes can get pretty detailed so it may be hard to coordinate a full menu of tiny food ...more
Shala Kerrigan
Nov 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cooking
I'm going to be completely honest before I start gushing about the cute. I love tiny things, adore tiny foods, and love good food well made. It just delights me, well-made tiny foods are a joy to look at it and to eat.

Tiny Food Party! -Bite Sized Recipes for Miniature Meals by Teri Lyn Fish and Jenny Park is full of tiny, appetizer 1 and 2 bite versions of regular food. While the focus is on making things small, there is also a strong focus on making them well so they are as delicious as they
Kate
Dec 09, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: nonfiction, cookbooks
Cute little foods on teeny tiny plates take the center stage of this wonderful looking, mesmerizing cookbook that takes everyday foods and makes them very small.

Tiny cupcakes! Impish toaster pastries! Caprese salad on a toothpick! They're in this book and they are so cute. Some of the dishes are more complex than others but none seem impossible. The only drawback for me is that there are very few vegetarian recipes. Although I do see how some of the recipes could be modified to fit vegetarian
Christiane
Apr 11, 2013 rated it liked it
I really liked looking at the pictures of this utterly adorable tiny food! I am unlikely to actually make most of these dishes as they are too complicated for a non-cook. However, there is a very easy recipe for Caprese Skewers that even I could handle, and a pulled-pork dish you make in the crock pot that will be worth a try. And if someone wants to make me the miniature homemade pop-tarts or hostess cupcakes I will be forever grateful! This would make a great gift for cooks who entertain a lot ...more
Mar 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cookbooks
I picked this book up on a whim at a local nick-knack shop. I love the full color photos, and bite sized treats that are perfect for small gatherings! I picked a few recipes for a gathering of 5 friends and they all enjoyed the tasty food and the small sizes (more room for guilty pleasures). The recipes are fairly simple to make and tasty to boot. I can't wait to try some of the mini cocktails.

This weekend's endeavor: jalapeno cornbread bites!
Ange
Jun 15, 2014 rated it it was ok
No new techniques or tools for me, some of the photos do not match the recipe. Seems like maximum effort for minimal payoff. Uses older trends (ie corn dogs with bacon in the batter) and seems more suited for a monthly blog feature than a book. Photographs are gorgeous but the recipes aren't really for me.
Jacquie
Feb 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cookery
Checked it out from the library but I am going to have to buy it because all (well almost all I'm going to pass on the kimchi deviled quail eggs) are so adorable and sound so yummy. I thought it many recipes were very versatile as they often offered shortcuts or vegetarian options.
Sandee
Oct 30, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: cookery
Cute food, and with the authors being food stylist and photographer, it's well done. Complicated recipes would make it a challenge to have a party based on these dishes as most of them are 'serve immediately', leaving little room to make ahead.
Anna
Dec 10, 2012 added it
Bite-Size Caprese Skewers! Snack-Size Beef Empanadas! Lamb Sliders! Easy Mini Baguettes! Mini Philly Cheesesteak Sandwiches! Mini Banh Mi Sandwiches! are my transcribed(typed?) takeaways from this adorable-themed cookbook......so, very cuuuute!
Kate
Apr 27, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: nonfiction, food
very fun book and take on tapas
Katy
Apr 13, 2013 rated it it was ok
I mean...who would actually make any of this stuff? Miniature homemade pop tarts? Great food styling and photography.
Karin
Mar 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
I've decided to buy this one after getting it through interlibrary loan. Fairly simple recipes for cute, little food.
Jul 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
YUM! I'm buying this one!
Trish
Sep 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
This is a finger food cookbook. Very yummy!
Salsabrarian
Feb 04, 2016 rated it liked it
For a Christmas party, made the Lamb Sliders (delicious), caprese skewers (clever!), and Potato Salad Bites (wonton wrapper bowls, clever x 2!). May have to buy this one for the home collection!
Kyrra
Jan 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: cooking, non-fiction
Cute ideas for a food party or get together.
Molly
Nov 24, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: cook-books
These were cute. A little more frying required than I care for, and some of them seemed like more work than I care for investing in a finger food, but overall cute.
Karen Tompert
Apr 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Lots of fun recipes in this book. I think I will have to buy it :)
Meredith
YUM! I'm buying this one!
Marianthi
Mar 24, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: cooking
It is like Barbie food. Too tiny
Lynne Cosmano
Jan 06, 2013 rated it liked it
looking for ideas for a family get together...some yummy things but nothing really new and exciting and some WAY too putzy to make. Cute but....
M Williamson
Jun 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
SO ADORABLE! I need to have my tiny BBQ party!
Pamela Sue
Jun 15, 2013 rated it really liked it
Cute book. Great pictures. Some food is simple and some is involved. I'm not going to make tiny Philly cheese steak sandwiches though.
Emily
May 10, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: cookin
So i always bring home tiny food books because i love the idea and then im like well this is TOO MUCH EFFORT... but still really good looking recipes neat ideas, very pretty good

• Tequila Mockingbird: Cocktails with a Literary Twist
  • Mine (Dark Romance, #2)
  • The Spirit of Christmas, Book 18
  • Addicted to You (Addicted, #1)
  • Three Things I Know Are True
  • A Thousand Fires
  • A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood: The Poetry of Mister Rogers
  • Whiskey Girl
  • Once Upon an Alphabet: Short Stories for all the Letters
  • Pieces of Us (Pieces #2)
  • 5 Years Later
  • Hidden Creek Secrets (Hidden Creek High #1)
  • Holiday Entertaining Essentials: Festive Dips and Appetizers: Delicious  ideas for easy holiday celebrations
  • Best Holiday Sweets & Treats: Good and Simple Family Favorites to Bake and Share (Best Ever)
  • Praying for Rain (The Rain Trilogy, #1)
  • We Don't Eat Our Classmates