Start by marking “The Top 10 Distinctions Between Entrepreneurs and Employees” as Want to Read:
The Top 10 Distinctions Between Entrepreneurs and Employees

The Top 10 Distinctions Between Entrepreneurs and Employees

Starting, owning, or running a successful company can bring personal and financial freedom as well as a profound sense of accomplishment, especially in times of turmoil. In this powerful guide to achieving independence, entrepreneur and inspirational speaker Keith Cameron Smith shares ten crucial principles to help you make the leap from ordinary follower to extraordinary ...more
Published September 25th 2012 by Ballantine Books (first published October 19th 2010)

Be the first to ask a question about The Top 10 Distinctions Between Entrepreneurs and Employees

Billy
May 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Easy reading... Profound key points that resonate with my belief. Yet, it reiterates my personal belief of living a purposeful life.

Some thought that i'm still thinking:
* without faith... we are waiting for people to tell us what to do ... and get permission what we can do ...
* Have clear VISION of what is the key purpose of life.
* TIME IS MONEY .... are you exchanging it wisely? in building wealth
* Choosing to spend time with anyone is the most important choice. Once said, you are the averag
Jen Dimas
May 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was all I needed
Ngo Quang Dao
Sep 01, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
10 điều đơn giản mà khá thiết thực cho tất cả mọi người, dù làm chủ hay làm thuê cũng đều cần đọc, cần hiểu :D
Eustacia Tan
Nov 07, 2012 rated it really liked it
When I was a little girl, I wanted to be a stock broker when I grew up. As I grew up, I changed course and decided that I wanted to be an entrepreneur. But what exactly makes on an entrepreneur?

Sometimes, I feel that they're nothing more than a glorified salesman (and I really hate the idea of being a fast-talking saleswomen.

Anyway, this short book (only 62 pages on my iPad, including the forward and content pages!) does clear up a few misconceptions. Entrepreneurs do more than just sell stuff t
CP (Wayne)
Aug 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2016
For a such a short book it was pretty compact with great insight and motivating ideas.

It is not a practical guide that will teach you how to start a business or become a successful entrepreneur.

Instead, it focuses on distinguishing the mindset of entrepreneurs and employees. It’s give you an idea of what goes on in the mind of some entrepreneurs and how they approach life.

You don’t have to be an aspiring entrepreneur to get value from this book.

In some ways, this book suggest that being an entr
Phillip
Apr 28, 2013 rated it liked it
Top 10 Distinctions Between Entrepreneurs and Employees
Distinction Ten: Entrepreneurs educate themselves more than they entertain themselves. Employees entertain themselves more than they educate themselves.
Distinction Nine: Entrepreneurs have an empowering perspective of failure. Employees see failure as bad.
Distinction Eight: Entrepreneurs are solution finders. Employees are problem solvers.
Distinction Seven: Entrepreneurs know a little about a lot. Employees know a lot about a little.
Distinct
Chris
This was a fun and enlightening book to read because it really explained why entrepreneurs are so different from everyone else. Business starts know how to handle problems efficiently because they want results that will last. Employees on the other hand are viewed as a constant source of problems that owners and managers have to deal with because they are so short sighted in how they deal with problems. Employees view problems with a band-aid solution and Entrepreneurs view problems with a perma ...more
Eliza
Shelves: first-reads
I received an advance copy of this book in a giveaway. It is jam-packed with life lessons. Keith Cameron Smith is concise in telling it like it is, sharing principles that have helped him to be the successful entrepreneur he is. If you take the 10 Distinctions and measure yourself against them, prepare to have your strengths and weaknesses revealed.

I didn't like the vibe I got that employees are universally stupid and everyone should always act like an entrepreneur. There is a place for employee
Johnathan
Sep 13, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-read
What a gem! Even if you do not aspire to be an entrepreneur or are not currently an entrepreneur, this book contains philosophies that everyone should be living by! I have gained what could very well be lasting, life-long inspiration at the cost of roughly forty minutes of my life.

Current business-owners/entrepreneurs.. DO NOT overlook this book. Even if you feel you are beyond what this book has to say, I implore you to pass it along to those to whom you employ!

I won this book through Goodreads
David Bradley
Sep 23, 2012 rated it liked it
Thanks to First Reads and Ballantine Books for sending me the advance copy of this book!

This short book by Keith Cameron Smith was a change of pace for me as I rarely read much relating to business or self-help/advice, but I did enjoy this read. It's quick and to the point and Smith does seem to have the knowledge and experience to be doling out this advice. That being said, at times this book did get a tad repetitive in it's explanations and I would have liked some more personal examples than w
Marc Leroux
I received this book through the Goodreads giveaway program. Many thanks.
I liked this book. It was a fast, easy read and it contains a lot of facts and life-lessons. I found it interesting, as someone who works for a very small, entrepreneurial group inside a large company. I can see the distinctions that Keith Smith highlights, and for most part, agree.
This is a good book, not just for anyone striving to be an entrepreneur, but for anyone living in corporate America. It's thought provoking, an
Rachel
Shelves: first-reads
Well I'm an Entrepreneur, who knew? This is a quick and satisfying read. Ten things each from two perspectives and I kept track of which "side" I leaned toward most and voila...Entrpreneur, although I'm technically not. Looks like I think like one though, hmm...I might have to give this some more thought. Although there was one or two things I disagreed with completely from both perspectives, all-in-all a niftly piece of literature.

I received a copy of this book for free through Goodreads First
Melinda
Nov 11, 2012 rated it it was ok
Being a self-employed attorney who is married to an electrical engineer who is building his own business, I really enjoyed this short read. It was comforting to see some of our personality shared by others. My negative comment is that the book gives more respect to entrepreneurs than employees. Without employees, no entrepreneur could have a business. Some people are suited for one, others another. It is obvious this book is a teaser to get people drawn to starting a business to purchase the aut ...more
Amy
Sep 06, 2012 rated it really liked it
4.5 great little book! A quick read with excellent motivating tips. I read this in one lunch hour sitting but I'll definitely go back to reference many times. The true motivation, "the entrepreneurial spirit", driving the book is accessible to anyone wanting to be successful in there current career, life or future path. Great tool to get your mind thinking about all the possibilities out there. Highly recommend.*** Please note I received this book for free from Goodreads First-reads.
Jacki Gass
Aug 18, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Excellent! I really enjoyed this book! I am an entrepreneur, but I've been an employee too, of course. Great lessons for everyone! I am definitely going to buy this book for some of my employees that are looking to advance. Teaching subjects and tasks can be easy. Teaching the things in this book is much more difficult! The book will definitely help give insight and inspiration! Great job!
Janet
Sep 06, 2012 rated it really liked it
UPDATE 9-6-2012 I was just notified that I won this book. Will write a review upon completion of book.

UPDATE 10-4-2012 - Great book. Really enjoyed the ideas and observations this book presented. Will use what I learned in my workplace. Thank you Mr. Smith for writing this book and helping your readers to a better self.
Scott
Sep 24, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: giveaways
A very interesting read. I found I was guilty of many of the mistakes entrepreneurs make. I'm interested in implementing the changes necessary in hopes of making my business more successful. The book was straight to the point and easily understood. It made sense and I'm eagerly awaiting the day I can say that I too am successful.
Abdul Afzan
Jul 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I've never read the shortest and most concise book. The content is straight forward and suit with reader who need guide to iron out the reason of living and to move forward. I bought this book at RM 10 from book excess Petaling Jaya. I would recommend this book to those who need to change the mindset
AJ
May 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I have been struggling trying to determine if launching my own business might be a good endeavor. This book helped me see where I may have made some mistakes or rather failures. It is funny because some of the advice in this book has been gathered from a number of other experiences and sources in my life. Great summary! This book definitely kicked me in the gut when I needed it the most.
Brandon
Jul 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I definitely like how simply yet in-depth this book can get at times. When I checked this out at the library, I wasn't expecting it to be too extensive (given it's a little over 100 pages long). It's a feel-good kind of book.
Ted
"*** I received this book for free through Goodreads First Reads ***
** The Giveaway was Listed By Bdreads **
* I received my copy on Mon Oct 15th, 2012 *

THANK YOU GOODREADS FIRST READS AND Bdreads! "
Sze Yen
Sep 15, 2012 rated it really liked it
I received an ARC of this book from goodreads.com. Overall it is a good read, a small book that can be finished reading in no time. There are some very useful tips that people easily overlook but yet make a whole lot of difference in distinguishing you as an entrepreneur or an employee.
Jim Beatty
May 21, 2015 rated it did not like it
"If you want to remain an employee for the rest of your life then just stick to your job description and don't worry about anything else." j.c.s.
I promise no more one stars this year as i will be entrepreneurial in my book selections.
Sheri
Mar 04, 2013 rated it liked it
This was a great read, there were some excellent points on the difference between how entrepreneurs think and employees.
Dương Long
Dec 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
Khá hay nhưng lan man
Yy
Sep 06, 2012 marked it as to-read
I won this book for free through Goodreads First Reads. Hope to read it soon. Thanks.
Lulu
Sep 06, 2012 marked it as to-read
I won this book from the first reads giveaways and I am so excited to read it. Thanks.
Vicki T
Nov 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good read throughly enjoyed it!

I met you in person and you autographed my book, Thank you for your words of wisdom God bless you!
Preeti
Aug 02, 2013 rated it really liked it
The unsaid differences that distinguish the Entrepreneurs from the Employers have been highlighted and talked about further on.
Tahzae Dnae