Start by marking “Bitter Blood (The Morganville Vampires, #13)” as Want to Read:
Bitter Blood (The Morganville Vampires, #13)

Bitter Blood

(The Morganville Vampires #13)

For years, the human and vampire residents of Morganville, Texas, have managed to co-exist in peace. But now that the threat to the vampires has been defeated, the human residents are learning that the gravest danger they face is the enemy within…

Thanks to the eradication of the parasitic creatures known as the draug, the vampires of Morganville have been freed of their us
Published November 6th 2012 by NAL (first published October 24th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Bitter Blood, please sign up.
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Jodie (JCT) nope that was just creepy I mean don't get me wrong I love myrinn think he a brilliant character but see his as a crazy uncle figure then anything els…morenope that was just creepy I mean don't get me wrong I love myrinn think he a brilliant character but see his as a crazy uncle figure then anything else. but that's just me (less)

Start your review of Bitter Blood (The Morganville Vampires, #13)
Courtney Hyde
Can't wait for this book. I seriously hope that in some way Rachel can bring in a love triangle with Clair, Shane, and Myrnin! Myrnin is my most favorite character please Rachel bring the drama!!!

A lot of people hate how this series isn't ending but I LOVE it. I never want it to end...I love the anticipation and waiting for the next one.

Also so people know that's Claire on the cover. it seems to always change to Claire to eve then maybe Claire and Shane or Michael
Abby
Jul 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Cece
Mar 29, 2012 marked it as to-read
NNNOOOOOO!!!! Do you know how FREAKIN' long I've been waiting to finish reading these BLASTED AMAZING books!!! Then I learn I have to wait SEVEN more FREAKIN' MONTHS to read them all!!! WWHHHYY!!! Why do this to me!!! Why don't I learn my lesson and simply refuse to start a series that isn't complete!?! This is driving me batshit Fucking INSANE!!!!

Jackie
Mar 08, 2012 rated it really liked it
More Myrnin! :)

But good book. The ending... hmm, see where that goes.
Ferdy
Nov 11, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Spoilers

Like the last few books in the series, the plot was dull and uninspired. It was the same old rubbish:

Claire moaned about something or other.
There was a new threat of some sort.
Vampires = Bad times.
Eve and Claire fangirled over Michael's fit body and beautiful face.
Michael brooded about being a vampire.
Amelie acted like a bitch.
Oliver acted like a bitch.
Shane bitched about the vampires and his twagic life.
Myrnin acted crazy and wore silly clothes.
There was a misunderstanding or two.
Micha
Taschima
Mar 15, 2012 rated it really liked it
How can I possibly explain how utterly awesome this book was? I devoured it. It had everything I was hoping for, which means it had Myrnin, Claire/Myrnin, Claire, Amelie, Amelie/Oliver, Eve, Eve/Michael, adventure, shocking events, constant danger... It was so nice getting to once again re visit these great characters... with the exception of Shane of course (I am an avid supporter of the "let's kill Shane" fan club; there's more of us than you think). Bitter Blood was pretty much Morganville on ...more
MissBecka

There was a lot of it.
More than enough to keep me preoccupied from the crappy narration (for the most part).
Niki Hawkes - The Obsessive Bookseller
Mini Review: Word-vomit review headed your way.

I swear this series could be tightened up considerably if the characters didn’t spend so much time rehashing things. I’d also prefer more focus on advancing external plot points. However, that’s not really the point of the story. The point is to spend time with the characters and really immerse in their thoughts and feelings. The bad guys are secondary. I like these characters well enough. I’ve read enough of Rachel Caine to note that we’d be compat
Becca
May 31, 2012 added it
I like it, I love it, i want some more of it!!!! and I want this book to be out now!! Please! and Thank you.

I think how Rachel Caine plots this series could go on forever, it's just fantastic. Even though the plots may be repetitive but to me the character growth is just wonderful and how most of us seem sort of connected to the characters in some way (view spoiler)
Amy Jacobs
Oct 23, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-i-own
Oh Morganville, how I have missed you. This series is addictive and never fails at nonstop action and adventure. Please forgive me for being so vague in this review, but if I were to say to much it would give away so much of the story. We can't have all the secrets spilled like blood in one review!

Bitter Blood is again told from multiple POV's from all our favorite characters. The one that excited me the most was Myrnin though! We get to glimpse into his crazy mind and the author did a wonderful
Nidah (SleepDreamWrite)
This is one of those books that I had started reading, then just started losing interest. So I take a little break from it. Okay a long break from it.

Finally, finally I get around to getting back to book series I really should catch up or finish. Morganville Vampires series is one of those.

So I read where I left off. Apparently I was halfway into the book when I last read it. This was one of my favorite vampire series. But it happens with long book series, that you start to not love it as much.
Aly
Dec 19, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019
Good installment as we near the end

Every book in this series is crazy, with a lot going on and tons of drama, but this felt more serious and more mature. Everyone is growing up, Michael and Eve are facing the consequences of their marriage and learning what it means to be husband and wife. Claire is learning who she can truly rely on and what she wants for her future. Naomi is an interesting villain because we don't see her much, she's good at creating pawns to do things for her.
The ending of t
Katrina
Apr 18, 2012 marked it as to-read
I'm expecting more of Myrnin and Claire interactions! Myrnin. Myrnin. YUM
Dec 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
As usual, things in Morganville are unstable. While the town is getting rebuilt following the ordeal with the Draug, Oliver is able to influence Amelie into allowing sanctioned "hunts" of the humans in town in addition to other unfavorable to human policies. This, of course, stirs up the human anti-vampire feelings. Both sides seem to have picked Michael and Eve as a target of their spite.

It's funny, while I was reading this, I felt like things were dragging a bit, but now that I'm finished, I
Joan{missing the vampire bunny slippers!}
Oh this was kind of weird but good! :D
Morganville is finally moving towards some place and I like it. The characters are growing up and the grown ups are defined more clearly.
You can't read a Rachel Caine book and expect anything else than an action packed, intense and cleverly written plot. Bitter Blood delivered all those things and left me waiting for the next book one more time! There aren't many series that can keep readers hooked after that many sequels... So what's more to say?
I love the
Nicola
Finally gave in and ordered this online... I try to shop locally but the wait for them to get it in was KILLING me!

Can't wait to finally get my hands on it :D <3
Lorna
Book thirteen in Rachel Caine’s Morganville Vampire series didn’t disappoint, although it ended up being pretty dark. The evil Draug is gone, but of course there’s always something on tap in this vampire controlled town to keep us on the edge of our seats, and in turn, keep us enthralled. If you plan on reading this series, keep in mind there may be spoilers.

Morganville has been beaten down by the evil Draug that ended up killing quite a few of it’s residents, both human and vampire. Now that th
MISS VAIN
I'm very intrugued by the name........;)
Andy
Oct 30, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: trash, 2017-read
This book made me so angry, especially the last half of it ugh. I just wanted to scream at the characters so much. The ghost aspect was very interesting and I hope it is explored more in the last two books. And idk if (view spoiler) ...more
~Tina~
Bitter Blood is the thirteenth installment to the Morganville Vampire series. I wish I could say that I adored this just as much as I did the others, but I just can't. I found myself rather disappointed with this one. You don't know how hard it is to give this book a 3 star and not a 5 like the rest of them. Don't get me wrong, I didn't hate it and I still had a good time being in this world again, but it felt very off compared to the rest.

I can't quite place the why's but maybe it's cause it fe
Brooke ♥booklife4life♥
Feb 09, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: vday17

Find this review, plus more, on my blog: Booklikes OR Blogger

Basic Info

Format:
Audio
Pages/Length: Too long, too long.
Genre: Young Adult; Vampire
Reason For Reading: Continue series.

At A Glance

Total: 4

In Depth

Best Part:
Only a few books to go.
Worst Part: Claire, Shane, Oliver, pick one.
Though
Savannah (Books With Bite)
May 01, 2012 rated it it was amazing
It feels so good to be walking down the street of Morganville. The taste of the coffee, the blood mobiles driving by, it never ceases to amaze me of how quickly I fall into this series as if I never left. Meeting up with Claire and the glass gang once again, I adored every step in her shoes.

As always with vampires it's always a power play. It's no surprise that once again Morganville is under attack and this time it's happening all under the nose of Amelie. I have to admit that the plot of the s
Bella Knighton
Oct 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Yet another great book in this series, and one of the best vampire series out there. The story is fresh and original and the characters are developing even more, which I can’t believe since there are so many books. Some of the chapters are from Chara’s point of view which introduces another layer of understanding to the characters. You’re unsure of how the story’s going to go, whether it would go to Claire and Shane or Naomi, which keeps you hooked until the very end, and the cliff-hanger is typ ...more
Nicole
Apr 27, 2018 rated it liked it
So I am not to fond of Miranda - don't ask me why. For real what is with the show coming to try to catch ghosts.....I don't think you will find them in Morganville lol. I still with Amelie would turn Claire into a vampire I would like to see that. I love seeing Michael and Eve finally trying to work thru things as husband and wife. They are the cutest couple. Except now it reminds me of the civil war - they're being treated as a "mixed" marriage. I mean come on Morganville....
Heather
Jan 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
Completely enjoyed tearing my way through this entertaining series!
All Things Urban Fantasy
Mar 03, 2012 rated it really liked it
Review courtesy of All Things Urban Fantasy See site review for similar titles

The blood hits the proverbial fan in BITTER BLOOD and the fallout makes it one of the most daring Morganville books to date. I’ve long had a number of ‘what if’ questions floating around in my head involving certain Morganville residents that I honestly never expected to actually happen, but Rachel Caine completely shocked me in BITTER BLOOD by letting not one, or two, but three HUGE game changing events play out (one
Noella
Morganville appears to be back to normal but sadly this is not the case when Claire and the Glass House residents get a surprise in the mail: ID cards for the humans and gold cards for vampires giving them special privileges. Claire decides to take matters in her own hands and fight against the system but as always, the task is not easy.

Bitter Blood had many storylines going at once. A camera crew has entered Morganville and seeks content on ghosts for their TV show. Naomi is working b
Yodamom
Clare, the girls who seems to be the only one who can solve anything is fixing the vamp town again ! After the last book you would think the vamps would be gracious towards the humans. They would be moving forward to continue the vision for the town ? Nope, silly you, now they want to hunt them, control them, go backwards about 20 steps. She this barely legal girl out matches even the oldest vampire, with her massive brain power. WEll, she is smart in many ways except in her choice of men. Shane ...more
♥ Ashleigh ♥  contrary to popular belief i'm not actually mad!
I have to say i quiet enjoy this book, its been one of the better ones out of the last few.

Man the twist and turns in this book!!! i saw none of it coming!! with that Rachel has out done herself!! and thats one decent cliff hanger at the end. i wonder how she's going to do the next book???

well lets start off with claire - she was even MORE badass in this book than in the past! i know hard to believe but she's my hero, gotta love a nerdy chick who kicks ass with the best of them. ;)
Shane is not i
Cindy
Nov 12, 2012 rated it really liked it
Is this the end? I kinda felt a little lost at the end of this book. Our delightful heroine Claire Danvers has always gone one step more than anyone to try to save the "victim" of either the vampire or human race. All she wants is peace. Not too much to ask of anyone but a Morganville townsperson. Now that other vampires/draug are defeated, it seems like a good time to rebuild the town and relationships between the humans and the vampires residing in Morganville. But when the Founder/Queen turns ...more
YA Buddy Readers'...: Bitter Blood by Rachel Caine -->Starting December 12 2019 8 10 Dec 23, 2019 10:09AM
Crazy for Young A...: Bitter Blood (Morganville Vampires #13) by Rachel Caine → Start Date: June 6, 2014 23 79 Oct 16, 2016 03:00AM
Good YA Series: So..What do you think about the Morganville Vampire series? 3 35 May 21, 2014 09:43AM
Next Book? 5 59 Mar 30, 2014 01:36AM
Did anyone else.... 33 76 Aug 14, 2013 10:33PM
Myrinn and Claire *SPOILERS* 14 198 Apr 05, 2013 02:27PM
What do you think will happen?? 3 65 Jan 04, 2013 10:18AM

• What Kind of Girl
  • The Queen of Witches (Wheel of Crowns, #2)
  • The Vampire Queen (Wheel of Crowns, #3)
  • Burned (House of Night, #7)
  • Hidden (House of Night, #10)
  • Revealed (House of Night, #11)
  • Shine in Pearl
  • My Favorite Recipes: Blank Recipe Book to Write In: Collect the Recipes You Love in Your Own Custom Cookbook, (100-Recipe Journal and Organizer)
  • Devoted (Caylin's Story, #2)
  • Loved (The Vampire Journals, #2)
  • Loveboat, Taipei (Loveboat, Taipei, #1)
  • Zodiac Academy: Cursed Fates (Supernatural Beasts and Bullies, #5)
  • High Treason (Noah Wolf #18)
  • Destined (House of Night, #9)
  • Timeless (Caylin's Story, #1)
  • Lost Girl (Aston Creek High #2)
  • Silver Shadows (Bloodlines, #5)
  • Four Children and It

The Morganville Vampires (1 - 10 of 15 books)
  • Glass Houses (The Morganville Vampires, #1)
  • The Dead Girls' Dance (The Morganville Vampires, #2)
  • Midnight Alley (The Morganville Vampires, #3)
  • Feast of Fools (The Morganville Vampires, #4)
  • Lord of Misrule (The Morganville Vampires, #5)
  • Carpe Corpus (The Morganville Vampires, #6)
  • Fade Out (The Morganville Vampires, #7)
  • Kiss of Death (The Morganville Vampires, #8)
  • Ghost Town (The Morganville Vampires, #9)
  • Bite Club (The Morganville Vampires, #10)