Start by marking “My Daddy Snores” as Want to Read:
My Daddy Snores

My Daddy Snores

A comical look at how one family deals with a dad's snoring problem.

When Daddy snores, the walls shake and the floor rumbles. Every night of the week it gets worse! And no one gets any rest--not even the pet hamster!

How will this family ever get a good night's sleep? Find out in this fun-filled book about snoring.
Published May 1st 2004 by Cartwheel Books (first published 2004)

Start your review of My Daddy Snores
Beyond the Pages
Dec 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Hilarious!
Kennady Schlagel
Oct 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
I rated this book a four because it was a really cute book. It was very funny, showing many imaginative pictures to go along with the text. But, it was centered around the mom and dad when I thought based off of the cover and title that it would be more about the child. It is definitely a book I would read to my students since it shows such great illustrations and is a fun silly book for them. It also has some rhyming in there and the ending is funny. I really did enjoy this book, I just wish it ...more
♥Mary♦Sweet♣Dreams♠Are♥Made♦of♣This♠
days of the week
predictable rhyme

good story components

decent story

kids liked it as a read aloud
Kaylynn Johnsen
May 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kid
This is a funny story about Mom trying to get some sleep when Daddy snores.
Jacob Mel
Oct 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
and that was the lasst time i heard my dad snore......7 years ago
Mary Ellen
Jul 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
We can relate! The illustrations were incredible.
Erin Bliss
Feb 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book is about a boy describing his dad's snores. He compares them to different things like a freight train, and a dinosaurs roar. His mom has to go sleep all over the place to get away from the snoring, but she can't sleep. So, she takes him to the doctor for his snoring, and he is cured! However, then he starts to talk in his sleep!
This book is absolutely precious. I could do lessons on this about learning the days of the week because it starts off with Monday night this happened, and Tues
Elaine
The story is about what a poor family goes through each night, during the week as daddy snores keeping the whole household awake with comical and creative scenarios. In the ending most of the problem gets almost totally resolved... The kids enjoyed this oversized book very much during preschool storytime. I took advantage of providing a short activity about days of the week & everything tied in very well.
Mason, Natalie & Oliver
Jan 04, 2008 rated it it was amazing
I got this book from the library as a jab to my hubby and when I read it to the kids, I couldn't stop laughing! You see, their daddy has sleep apnea and when he doesn't have his machine, he SNORES so loud...I feel for the mom in this story, I really do! AND, weirdness...the little girl in the story, her name is Natalie! Anyhow, it was probably mostly funny to me because I've so been there already...but it got 5 stars! ...more
Alyce Dougan
I think everyone who has ever been around anyone who snores can relate to this book. I thought it was a humorous story that could be used with a lesson on sequencing. The book would also be great to read at home.
Kathleen Ruff
Apr 04, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: life-skills, math
This was such a relatable book for me and it was too cute. It told the story of a little boy and his family that never got sleep because the father always snored. This book could be used in the a lesson about the days of the week and the sequence of events and how to sequence.
Serge Smagarinsky
Highly amusing illustrations in a story which makes light of a potentially serious issue (backed up with some medical notes at the back). The sequencing of the similes seems a little arbitrary and some are less effective than others.
Jcb
Apr 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Great illustrations and a story that resonates (pun intended) in my household. My 5-year old really enjoys this book.
Naomi
May 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
FRIGGIN' HILARIOUS!I grabbed this book more as a joke for my husband, but then chose to review it. The illustrations were just as funny and complimented the story beautifully. ...more
Beverly Kennett
May 02, 2011 rated it really liked it
a study in exaggerations about how loud his father snores and where his mother tries to sleep to avoid the noise
Krystal
Jun 26, 2007 rated it really liked it
Love the illustrations, and the story is just giggle worthy, as my kids will tell you. Its just a good read, and the lengths mom goes to finally get some sleep is fun to watch.
carrie
Mar 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book gave me a good chuckle. At our house, it's My Mommy Snores. But Russell occasionally talks in his sleep :) ...more
Kayla
Dec 17, 2011 rated it really liked it
This is a very cute story. I know I can definately relate to it! Many children can relate to it as well. It is humorous, and a good book to read for fun.
Ashley N.
Another book read at Story time! Cute!
Jaimi
Mar 07, 2008 rated it it was amazing
If you have a daddy in the house that snores, this is a cute and fun book to read. I find myself chuckling through it every time I read it. Oh, how this book relates to my life!
Janelle Zingaro
So funny! And relatable
Great for reviewing days of the week and introducing metaphors and similes
Reminded me of my Dad
Timothy Cole
Sep 01, 2013 rated it really liked it
Creative, great illustrations, but horrible subject. Daddies don't snore! ;0) ...more
Alex
Nov 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
i can relate to this book because the last time my dad snored was 5 years ago!
Taylor
Aug 02, 2014 rated it really liked it
Relatable and funny. Fun illustrations too.
Takishia Gabriel
Nov 18, 2011 rated it liked it
Would be a great book to teach a lesson on sequencing or even the days of the week.
Gail Boring
Nov 15, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Amelia Bedelia's First Day of School
  • The True Story of the 3 Little Pigs
  • Miss Nelson Is Missing! (Miss Nelson, #1)
  • The Little Red Hen Big Book
  • Strega Nona
  • The Night I Followed the Dog
  • How to Trick the Tooth Fairy
  • There Was a Black Hole That Swallowed the Universe
  • There Was an Old Lady Who Swallowed a Shell!
  • I Don't Want to Go to the Hospital!
  • Don't Touch This Book!
  • Don't Push the Button!
  • The Girl Who Never Made Mistakes
  • The Blue Fairy Book
  • Your Fantastic Elastic Brain: Stretch It, Shape It
  • A Good Day
  • The Pigeon Has to Go to School
  • Do Not Open This Book
Nancy Rothstein has a B.A. from The University of Pennsylvania and an M.B.A. from The University of Chicago Booth School of Business.

Nancy is the devoted mother of 3 children. With a 40-year meditation and yoga practice, Nancy brings a multi-faceted perspective to all of her endeavors.

She practices as The Sleep Ambassador, focusing on helping people to sleep well so that they can live better lives