Start by marking “Deadly Expectations (The Chronicles of Anna, #1)” as Want to Read:
Deadly Expectations (The Chronicles of Anna, #1)

Deadly Expectations (The Chronicles of Anna #1)

3.53  ·  Rating details ·  32 Ratings  ·  14 Reviews
The Chronicles of Anna Book 1

As a teen Anna Creed discovers she can time travel; a trick she uses to ‘jump’ from one place to another with no apparent passage of time. All she needs are two wheels, speed and nerves of steel. Now eight years later she’s alone and pregnant when her secret power takes control to save her life. Injured and confused Anna finds herself in the ar
Published January 20th 2012 by Blue Swell Books (first published November 28th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Deadly Expectations, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Deadly Expectations

Susan Jackson
Feb 06, 2012 rated it really liked it
Thirty pages into this book I stopped and rubbed my hands together.

She didn't did she?

I quickly skimmed through and found it -- Paul, the head of his house - check. The knife - check. The voice - check. The time travel - check. The Lady - check. Reading the lines - check. The evil Baron - check. The importance of water - check. The desert - check.

Oh My God.

Then I quickly went to her website and found that, yes indeed, there were three more completed or in various states of completion.

Oh My God,
Jamie
Mar 09, 2012 rated it did not like it
I received this book from a Goodreads giveaway. I feel really bad for not having finished it, but I value my time very highly, and I just could not get into the book.

It was very difficult for me to follow what was going on in the story. There were several times where I would read a paragraph or two and literally say "what the hell?" because I just didn't know what was going on. I didn't find anything likable about the characters either. They just didn't seem real to me. The way they talked and t
Solm8
Dec 10, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It's a really well written book, great story and story lines. Amazing characters! I totally recommend this book.
G.G.
Jul 28, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: e-o
While I might be inclined to classify Deadly Expectations as science fiction, I'd prefer a less aggressive approach and call it a true Paranormal. Sure, Anna has the gift of time-travel, but she doesn't need a special machine to do it. Along with that, many characters in the story are reincarnations from previous lives. Who they are, or why or how they can do it and remember their past lives, is something we don't know. However, I have hopes that the sequels might give us more insight about them ...more
Mortira
Jan 27, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Is it fair to begin a review with "I tried really hard to finish this book."?

A lot of writers create suspense by keeping the reader in the dark about what's going on. It's not so much telling a story, but dangling it just out of reach. To do this successfully, one needs characters that are interesting and likeable. They fill in the holes until the plot is finally, mercifully revealed.

Unfortunately, Anna and Paul are not interesting or likeable. Neither of them has any appealing qualities that re
J. Kahele
Dec 28, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was an intense read and Anna was a very intense character. The world building was okay but could have been better, but the writing was phenomenal and the action was constant. It was one of those books were if you skimmed a page you missed something. I enjoyed reading this book, it was engaging enough to keep me turning the pages and so different than anything I have read before. I will be definitely checking out another book by this author.
Nelly
Feb 16, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I downloaded a free copy of her small story Stone and thought it was deliciously horrific and so I downloaded her Yellow Dress also for free and I loved it.

So I bought Deadly Expectations about a week ago and I just finished it. I thought Anna was similar to Agatha Christie's Miss Jane Marple in that she explores her world through dialogue and through her we come to know her world.

It's really hard to put your finger exactly what type of book this is because it has a bit of science fiction in it
Ruth
Sep 05, 2016 rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf, spec-fic
c2011: I am struggling a bit to actually describe what I think about the book. Starting with the story idea - its good and it is slightly different to the norm in that one of the main characters is pregnant at the start of the story. I really don't like the cover but that seems to be a common trend with self-published books. But, the writing is, I'm so sorry to be so candid, really dire. There was a lot of paragraphs that just didn't read right and I had to go back and try and puzzle out exactly ...more
Smuloin
Jun 13, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Could hardly put this book down!! This was a fantastic read. So unlike anything I've read before. Truly unpredictable. Looking forward to more from this author.
Deadly Expectations (The Chronicles of Anna, #1) by Elizabeth Munro
Deadly Expectations
Elizabeth Munro
Jamie Lagenbrunner
Feb 10, 2012 rated it really liked it
I was expecting a little bit more in sport bikes and it had not as much motorcycle action as I wanted.

But it was at times pretty scary and it is very addictive because it's almost all dialogue so you really read through it quickly but it's a huge book.

The ending was believable I don't want to spoil it. It seemed fairly realistic for something that's an obvious fantasy.

It's a pretty good escape in my opinion.
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Fringe Fiction: Deadly Expectations 1 5 Dec 08, 2014 05:34PM
Indie Book Club: Free Thriller 2 9 Mar 30, 2012 11:11AM
  • Caught In Time (Alysian Universe, #1)
  • Parallel Fire (Midnight Warriors, #5)
  • Stewards of the Flame (The Hidden Flame, #1)
  • Fallen (Draycott Abbey #11)
  • No Remorse
  • The Aberration
  • Just In Time (Portals of Time, #1)
  • Me the People: One Man's Selfless Quest to Rewrite the Constitution of the United States of America
  • Fate War: Alliance
  • Ready for You (A San Francisco Brides Book)
  • The Thirteenth Sacrifice (Witch Hunt, #1)
  • Catastrophically Consequential
  • Secrets after Dark
  • Mind Raider (The Anomaly #2)
  • Demon Slayer
  • Lilac Wedding in Dry Creek
  • Ghost of a Threat (Betty Boo, Ghost Hunter, #1)
  • The Angel Hunter
Elizabeth Munro lives in the rainforest on Vancouver Island, Canada with her husband and kids. She has published six books, the three volume Chronicles of Anna, a contemporary time travel/reincarnation fantasy, Wingspan and Skyfall, gryphon shifter romances and her science fiction romance Constant.

She’s a recent fan of Aussie spec fiction and loves finding unusual stories set in common places. And
More about Elizabeth Munro...

The Chronicles of Anna (4 books)
  • Deadly Deceptions (The Chronicles of Anna, #2)
  • Deadly Redemptions (The Chronicles of Anna, #3)
  • Deadly Obsessions (The Chronicles of Anna, #4)