Start by marking “Enders (Starters, #2)” as Want to Read:
Enders (Starters, #2)

Enders

(Starters #2)

3.72  ·  Rating details ·  10,478 ratings  ·  1,283 reviews
Someone is after Starters like Callie and Michael—teens with chips in their brains. They want to experiment on anyone left over from Prime Destinations—Starters who can be controlled and manipulated. With the body bank destroyed, Callie no longer has to rent herself out to creepy Enders. But Enders can still get inside her mind and make her do things she doesn't want to do ...more
Published January 7th 2014 by Delacorte Press (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Enders, please sign up.
Mrslabraden Yes, this is only a two book series. The additional stories are short stories about the spores, a starter, a marshal, and a donor.
Bhuvi Sehag I would recommend reading Starters before as it gives more depth on the characters, but it isn't necessary. Like any sequel the book explains anything…moreI would recommend reading Starters before as it gives more depth on the characters, but it isn't necessary. Like any sequel the book explains anything you need to know from the last one. (less)

·  10,478 ratings  ·  1,283 reviews

Sara
May 13, 2012 marked it as to-read-sequel
Diane
Aug 04, 2012 rated it it was ok
mild spoilers, not about the plot.

Glad it's over. I didn't like Callie this time. She was annoying, whiney and clueless. She was like one of those people in movies that announce to a killer that they know all about them and are about to call the police, all while having a gun already pointed at them.

She goes off and leaves her brother again. Michael seemed jealous that she was in contact with Blake, and in the last book it seemed like they were maybe more than friends, but near the end she say
Ferdy
Spoilers

Another lame YA dystopia series, at least this one was just a duology instead of a long series that never ended.

What's what: The Spore Wars killed everyone apart from the very old and young. Most kids left without parents and live on the streets. Evul company Prime Destinations (run by the Old Man) using and abusing vulnerable teenagers so their bodies can be temporarily taken over by the old who want to feel young again. Typical YA Mary Sue, Callie, took down Prime Destinations, and now
Jon
Mar 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Check out Scott Reads It!

Starters is one of the best dystopian books ever written and so, Enders had a tough act to follow. I was also a bit worried because it had been so long since I had read Starters (I read it in Feb '12). Enders functions brilliantly as both a sequel and a series conclusion; I'm even 100% convinced that Enders is even better than Starters. I'm really going to miss reading the Starters And Enders series and I know I will be re-reading this series years from now.

Enders is
Jessie
Jul 17, 2012 marked it as to-read
Did I read that right? Could this actually be a two book series as opposed to a trilogy or saga? My love for Lissa Price just grew exponentially!
Jen (The Starry-Eyed Revue)
A copy was received from the publisher in exchange for an honest review.

This review, and others like it, can be found at The Starry-Eyed Revue.

When I read Starters for the first time, nearly two years ago, I was really surprised by how much I enjoyed it, considering I hadn't even planned on reading it.  It feels like I've been waiting forever to find out how Callie's story ends, to see who the Old Man is and what his plans are.  And although this sequel was just as gripping, just as intense and
Jamie
Jul 13, 2012 marked it as to-read
To all of the 'reviewers' posting star reviews without reading the book.

WHY THE HELL ARE YOU RATING IT.

Goddamn it, people don't understand what their actions do on averaged sites like these.
Pinky
Jul 17, 2015 rated it it was ok
Finally finished with this series! This is the second book in the duo-logy, the first book is Starters. I did not enjoy this but I did feel like it was a little bit better compared to Starters. But when I was going to rate this book a little higher, I realized that the main character was so annoying and how I just didn't enjoy it. So I decided to rate this book 2 stars.

There is one thing I know for sure and that is the fact that this book isn't for me. It was never enjoyable when I read it and
jennyliest
Aug 11, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Der 1. Band hat mich einfach nur umgehauen (5/5) aber auch der Abschluß hat mir gefallen! Lissa Price hat da wirklich eine ganz tolle Dilogie erschaffen!! <3
Aisling
May 29, 2012 rated it liked it
I've got high hopes for this one. Finally an author who doesn't plan on dragging out a good concept through a whole series for their money-grabbing ass. :) Can't wait!
Pamela
Jan 21, 2012 marked it as to-read
Oh man I thought the release date for this was December 2012? :((

*Update*
Ack! That cover. Eww!! I don't know if I should buy it in hardcover anymore :/

**Update**
Saw the book in our bookstore last week! Looks like it got an earlier release date.
Montzalee Wittmann
May 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Enders (Starters #2) by Lissa Price is book two and I didn't read book one and did okay but it did refer to some things in book one I didn't know. It wasn't enough to hinder the story. I would say it could be a stand alone. I really liked this book. Poor people could get chips in their head and rich people could rent their bodies, taking over with the rich mind. But the chip still has more than one purpose they are finding out as someone's head explodes as a warning. It is an action packed sci- ...more
Ms. Yingling
Dec 15, 2013 rated it really liked it
Callie is back, and things are greatly improved. She is living in Helena's house with her brother Tyler, and friend Michael is nearby, although he is still hurt by her relationship with Blake. While at the mall to buy Tyler new shoes, Callie sees Reece, another worker at Prime, but she looks a bit odd and then blows up! Callie knew that the chip installed in her when she was working at being a vehicle for "ender" tourists still gave her trouble, but since she is still hearing the Old Man in her ...more
Luzz
Mar 03, 2016 rated it liked it
I found this book predictable and boring.

The idea was really good!! It was getting some where at some point but as I kept on reading it became predictable. I didn't feel connected to any character, didn't even get to know them very well... And Callie was soooo simple and plain.

I felt like much of this book was wasted on things that didn't matter.

And the end... Was so rush I couldn't even enjoy it, it felt like the writer was bored with the story and just wanted to end it fast.
Joost
Damn wat een heerlijk einde. Zo spannend, flinke mindfucks, Lissa Price is een genie! Recensie zal verschijnen op mijn blog!
Ithlilian
Mar 28, 2014 rated it it was ok
It's hard to rate something that you didn't like because it wasn't what you expected. Every new plot element in Enders had me wondering why the author chose to go in that direction. It's like every other chapter the author decided to change the direction of the plot. I felt the same way about the last Harry Potter book. The previous installment indicated we would be looking for horcruxes, what is this hallow nonsense? Same thing here.

Let's start with the relationships. To begin with I d
The Twins Read
This review can originally be found at The Twins Read.

This book is a mess. I was never really that big of a fan of Starters but I thought it was okay. Kind of a sketchy ending but yeah, I told myself I'd pick up the next book. And I did. I. Did.

Do I regret it? YES. Enders basically starts off where Starters ended - Callie and Michael and Tyler together; Blake was being controlled by the Old Man, which if you think about it is so freaking creepy. Callie just wants her family to be safe but that'
Odette Knappers
Oct 14, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016
This was a really quick read, and very action-packed. I loved it. But the ending disappointed me a lot, which brought the rating down a lot. But it still is a really good YA SciFi duology that I highly recommend if you like this genre!
Kristen
Jan 13, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: young-adult
Mehhhhhh.
A Book Vacation
Dec 22, 2013 rated it really liked it
To see my full review:

This novel pulled me in and kept my attention to the very last page. Sequels are perhaps the hardest novels to write in a trilogy, but Price did an amazing job with Enders and I actually enjoyed in more than the first book in the series, Starters. I felt that there was a lot more action in this novel, and it kept me guessing as it unfolded. The fact that I was better able to connect with the characters in this sequel was also helpful,
Michael Schmid
Mar 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Also eins vorweg. „Enders“ hatte bei mir definitiv keinen einfachen Start. Ich hatte wirklich an seinem Vorgänger „Starters“ auszusetzen und dem Buch auch gerade einmal drei Sterne gegeben, was vor allem an der zweiten Hälfte des Buches und dem Ende lag. Daher waren meine Erwartungen an „Enders“ ziemlich gering bzw. ich dachte mir bereits, dass mich der Anfang wieder nicht fesselnd würde, doch weit gefehlt! Dieser Teil hat mich wirklich überrascht … und das durchweg positiv!

„Enders“ schaffte es
Gina
Jan 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
ENDERS by Lissa Price is the phenomenal sequel to STARTERS, and well worth the wait. Even though it’s been nearly two years since STARTERS was released, the beginning of ENDERS immediately pulls the reader back into Callie’s dangerous world. Hang on tight – the plot is fast-paced with unpredictable twists and turns and a chilling antagonist who hides behind many faces. As a mom and a middle school library volunteer, I highly recommend both STARTERS and ENDERS – these stories have broad appeal to ...more
Claudia
Dec 08, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dys-u-topia, sci-fi
I finally figured out what's wrong with it: that it's written like a movie script. Entire book consists only in dialogues, there is no depth in neither structure or characters. It is just an array of events. Yes, it is kind of a page turner, but it lacks any sort of emotion.

However, as I said at the previous volume, it is entertaining enough to be read as a way of spending some time relaxing.
Lindsay Cummings
May 06, 2012 rated it really liked it
fun read! I'm hoping for a 3rd someday!
78sunny
May 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4,6 von 5 Sternen
*Inhalt:*
(Bitte nur lesen wenn man bereits den ersten Teil „Starters“ kennt!!!)
Die Body Bank ist zerstört, aber der Old Man ist entkommen und hat Zugriff auf Callies Chip. Für sie ist daher der Kampf noch lange nicht zu Ende und sie muss Tyler und Michael beschützen. Dann stellt Callie fest, dass der Old Man nicht der Einzige ist, der an der Chiptechnologie Interesse hat.

*Meinung:*
Also ich möchte erst noch einmal darauf hinweisen, dass man die Bücher unbedingt in der richtigen
Giorgia
May 15, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Eccomi qui che vi parlo di Enders. Devo dire parecchie cose su questo libro. Prima di tutto l'ho trovato più appassionante del primo capitolo, molto di più! Almeno per me...
Bello, ricco d'azione, e adoro la protagonista Callie.
L'unica cosa di questa saga, che essendo una duologia più varie novelle, conclusa, non mi ha soddisfatta del tutto, è la descrizione e la caratterizzazione dei personaggi secondari. Ma anche dei sentimenti.
Ecco, io in un libro voglio un po' di tutto: azione, colpi di scena
Esther
Jul 07, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ik vond deel 1 beter. Op sommige stukken was het een beetje saai, maar alsnog een geweldige serie.
Steffi
Aug 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Der Inhalt:

Nachdem Callie die Body Bank zerschlagen hat, ist der Old Man nun auf der Flucht. Aber Callie kann trotzdem nicht in Frieden leben, denn der Old Man hat Zugriff auf ihren Chip nimmt so Kontakt mit ihr auf. Als er dann auch noch anfängt ihre Familie zu bedrohen, gibt sich Callie geschlagen und will sich dem Old Man ausliefern. Allerdings kommt sie nie da an, denn sie wird zuvor von jemand anderem gefunden.

Meine Meinung:

Auch wenn der erste Teil schon etwas länger her ist und ich nicht m
Anthony Sementilli
Jul 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
PROS
-Bonus Content: With the pre order, I got cards, bookmarks, a pin, a handwritten letter, a signed copy, and an amazing time. I wholly don't regret the extra wait, even though I died a bit every day haha!
-Twists: Lissa Price never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever fails to make your jaw drop. I had to reread a certain sequence about twelve times to make sure I wasn't hallucinating. It totally turned everything I read upside down and made my adrenals go nuts. In other words, Lissa Price conv
Read-along: Enders | A Revelação 18 18 Dec 22, 2014 02:30AM
Callie and Hyden 12 134 Nov 23, 2014 01:04PM
When did this come out? 4 18 Mar 31, 2014 05:43PM
YA Buddy Readers'...: Enders (Starters #2) by Lissa Price - STARTS MARCH 15, 2014 53 37 Mar 23, 2014 09:02AM
David Estes Fans ...: Enders Buddy Read 14 20 Feb 25, 2014 09:49PM
Crazy for Young A...: Enders (Starters #2) by Lissa Price → Start Date: January 21st, 2014 26 53 Jan 25, 2014 02:42PM
  • Vulpi (Thyla, #2)
  • Override (Glitch, #2)
  • The Uprising (The Forsaken, #2)
  • Divided (Dualed, #2)
  • The Betrayal Knows My Name, Volume 05
  • Chasing Before (The Memory Chronicles, #2)
  • Magda und Ben (Das verbotene Eden, #3)
  • The Lives We Lost (Fallen World, #2)
  • The Island (The Line, #3)
  • Flame (Sky Chasers, #3)
  • Broken
  • False Sight (False Memory, #2)
  • Untitled (Annex, #3)
  • Resist (Breathe, #2)
  • Remember Me & The Return Part I  (Remember Me, #1-2)
  • Mutation (The Phoenix Files, #3)
  • The Wallflower, Vol. 15 (The Wallflower, #15)
  • Shadowlark (Skylark, #2)
Lissa Price’s debut novel STARTERS is an award-winning, international bestseller published in over thirty countries. Dean Koontz called this YA futuristic thriller “a smart, swift, inventive, altogether gripping story.” The LA Times said it is “Dystopian science-fiction at its best,” and “Readers who have been waiting for a worthy successor to ‘The Hunger Games’ will find it here.”

STARTERS was a

Starters (2 books)
  • Starters (Starters, #1)
“Beauty isn’t about meeting some holo-star standard, it’s about being you. Because looks come and go. But nobody else can be you.” 11 likes
“eventually we’ll be old and wrinkled. Like everybody. But we’ll look a lot better if we’re happy inside. If we used our brains and our talents instead of stressing over what someone else defines as ‘pretty.’ ” 10 likes