Start by marking “The Best Mistake (Millionaire's Club)” as Want to Read:
The Best Mistake (Millionaire's Club)

Read Excerpt

The Best Mistake (Millionaire's Club)

3.63  ·  Rating details ·  84 Ratings  ·  16 Reviews
*Contemporary adult comedy romance novella*
**some explicitness**

Published March 14th 2012 by The Wild Rose Press (first published March 13th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about The Best Mistake, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Best Mistake

Emily
Apr 20, 2012 rated it really liked it
After losing her mom, Deri Crandall wants to fit in with the family she never knew she had. Willing to do anything to get their approval as well as to stop calling her The Mistake, she agrees to take a job at their competitor’s company and spy on them. It takes all of a day to realize she can't do it, it takes three days to realize that she is more comfortable with the people at this company than she is her own family. Exasperated, she ends up in a slight accident and in the arms of Cole Harrety ...more
Tracy
~* 4.5 Stars *~
Fun, Funny, and Sweet

Losing her mother to cancer robbed Deri Crandall of the only family who ever loved her. The only family she had, really, until she tracked down her father - who had been little more than a sperm donor to begin with. His side of the family called her "The Mistake," but still she'd do anything to be a part of them, to be accepted and respected. They were all she had left.

That's the only reason she told her grandfather that she'd spy on the family's largest corpo
Amanda
Feb 20, 2012 rated it liked it
Review can also be found here -- Book Boudoir

I received an email from Ms. Kage inquiring whether I'd be interested in reading and reviewing The Best Mistake. After reading the synopsis, I immediately said yes. I thought The Best Mistake sounded like something that would be right up my alley. I'm a big fan of romance novels in general (duh). And when there is either an unrequited or against all odds feel to it, even better!

The way Deri craves acceptance and love from her family just broke my hear
Margaret
Feb 13, 2012 rated it liked it
The concept of the whole book was to tell the truth. From the very beginning the book was based on one lie. I found it interesting how one lie could lead to heartache in the beginning but in the end, love prevailed.
From the beginning Deri always wanted fit in whether it was with her father’s family or at work, she just wanted to belong. She started to work as an intern at a company trying to work her way up the ladder. She wanted to be able to prove to everyone that she was not “the mistake” a
Jamie Kline
Jun 20, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-for-review

This was a really great, light read. I was able to connect with the characters very early on and thought they were very well written. I loved Deri; she was such a down to earth, real woman, not an impossibly hot babe that you see in so many romance novels. She was a bit self-conscious, but the author didn't shove that fact down our throats like some other authors like to do (*COUGH* E.L. James *COUGH*). I seriously appreciated that about the book. Cole was great too. Was he stereotypical? Sure;
Lisa Filipe
Feb 15, 2012 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this quick read more than I thought I would. I usually don't enjoy short, quicky romances because I feel some authors don't give me enough to convince me that the Hero and Heroine have made any kind of connection, or they rush the end, so that we are left wondering, "But What??".

That is SO not the case with The Best Mistake, the new release from Linda Kage. As she mentioned in the earlier interview that she is reminded of a Romantic Comedy with this book, and I really could see
Romancing the Book
Jun 04, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance, contemporary
Posted on Romancing the Book's blog
Reviewed by Laci
Review Copy Provided by the Publisher

I absolutely LOVED this book. I thought Deri was a girl after my own heart. She’s obviously a hard worker and even though she’s supposed to be a spy, she’s got to be the worst one I have ever seen. She tries to be more helpful than sabotaging, she falls on top of her boss, when she finds out who he is, instead of getting closer to find out inside information, she does the opposite and distances herself from h
Anja
Jan 15, 2015 marked it as to-read
Deri "The Mistake" Crandall wants nothing more than the love and acceptance from a family. After her mother dies, she finally discovers who her father is—except he and his family aren't exactly everything she's dreamed of. Not about to let a little thing like that bother her, she strives her hardest to fit in. Though honest to a fault, she even lies to gain their affection. But who could have predicted the one man with whom she immediately clicks is the very millionaire her grandfather orders he ...more
Carol Kilgore
Mar 20, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Lots of spark and energy built into this short contemporary romance.

Deri Crandall captivates the reader from page one with her quirky personality and down-to-earth attitude. She's even on track with the secret mission for her family - until she meets hunky hero Cole Harrety. Cole is more than captivated with Deri. But when he learns her secret, he has to decide if he can trust his heart.

Linda Kage's dialogue and wit keep the reader enthralled.

A quick fun read!
Mlleelizabeth
Jun 09, 2013 rated it liked it
This is a book.

For a full review, please go to:

GoodReads's policies no longer comply with my review policy. Therefore my reviews will be posted at BookLikes going forward. Thank you for following my reviews here. I hope to continue discussing books with you on BookLikes.
Kelly at
Jan 28, 2012 rated it really liked it
This was a fun, fast read. I enjoyed reading about Cole & Deri and the total mess they made of everything by not telling each other the truth from the beginning.

If you are looking for a cute, fun read you should check out The Best Mistake.
Angela
Jan 23, 2014 rated it really liked it
Jennifer Shirk
Very cute story! Deri is sweet and funny, and the story wrapped up in a whole feel-good kind of way.
Greselley
A short, funny and very sweet story. I enjoyed it a lot!
Faz
Dec 08, 2012 added it
really good, i read it so fast tht i was amazed it ended so soon
Lisa
Dec 07, 2012
Sara
Jun 18, 2016
« previous 1 3 next »
  • Caught in Heat (Half-breed Shifters, #1)
  • The Start of Something Good (Jamett & Joseph, #1)
  • In Name Only
  • A Little Bit Cupid
  • Canyon Walls
  • Betting on Julia (Melville Sisters, #2)
  • 33 Valentines
  • A Little Slice Of Heaven
  • The Promise
  • With This Kiss (Emerald Lake #2)
  • Her Ex Next Door
  • Not Your Average Joe
  • Bid For Love
  • Love on the Range
  • Hope Heals
  • Beauty & the Biker (Impossible Dream, #1)
  • The Man Behind the Mask
  • Intensity (The Path to Serenity, #1)
I think I was meant to be a crazy, lonely, cat-lady librarian, except it took me fifteen years of marriage and two daughters before I actually got the cat. I do work a fulltime day job in an academic library, but only as an assistant, so I didn’t actually make the cut to be a full-blown librarian. The crazy part stands, though I’d say my life is more hectic and chaotic and busy crazy than lonely, ...more
More about Linda Kage...