Start by marking “I Love You, Goodbye” as Want to Read:
I Love You, Goodbye

I Love You, Goodbye

liked it 3.0  ·  Rating details ·  62 Ratings  ·  13 Reviews
Ania salva i matrimoni degli altri, o almeno ci prova. Sul suo matrimonio ha sempre chiuso un occhio. Dispensa consigli e lo fa con estrema cura, è una donna consapevole, lei... Ma in amore, si sa, non c’è regola che tenga. Maciek è arrivato in Scozia dalla Polonia, e non per trovare un lavoro: nel suo Paese faceva l’insegnante di filosofia, ma una delusione d’amore l’ha p ...more
Published January 2011 by Leggereditore (first published August 12th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about I Love You, Goodbye, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I Love You, Goodbye

Rowenah
Jul 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ah I LOVED this book! It's so deceptive, how it explores the very nature of true love in the context of a story wound around several people in a Highland village. How love gets stale with familiarity and how people confuse newness and the thrill of meeting and getting to know someone as being true love, that they're The One, yet it will too go stale again after a while. So many different strands, questions and thoughts, and really strong, believable characters. Definitely going to check out more ...more
Emma-louise Cullen
I liked this well enough, I just felt it finished unfinished. Some characters very well fleshed out, others less so. Mmmm bleak, and uncaring. I don't know. Sorry undecided about this one, actually I was glad to finish it, maybe that was an indication!

Stargazer
Jul 08, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
i was interested in a couple of characters but didn't care for them or where the story was headed.
Cath
Jan 01, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ania is a marriage counsellor and she thinks she knows everything about love. She can perfectly handle it until Maciek, a Polish man, turns up. From then, she isn’t sure anymore about love and a perfect marriage.

The marriage of Rose and Harry is in crisis. Rose cheated on Harry and they can’t deal with each other anymore, so they decide to contact Ania for help. Will they stay together?

Sam, Harry and Rose’s son, is fed up with his parents, but he meets Maciek with who he feels at ease and he too
Jodi Kenna
Feb 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
omg wHY DO ALL THE BOOKS I READ END WITH A CHARACTER DEATH. He was such a nice man.
Kelly Cookson

The blurb on the back of the book and the Guardian's review on the front led me to believe that this book would be funny. If it was meant to be funny then the comedy was lost on me. I actually found it quite depressing. The characters are depressing and it's set in a small, depressing town in Scotland.
The book is easy to read, I finished it in 3 days and I was quite interested to see what happened at the end but this book is nothing special. It just made me feel a bit glum and not in a good wa
Alyson
Oct 18, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Failed love, unrequited love, teenage love - and other permutations. Closely depicts problems of boredom in marriages, the anguish of illicit love and the lies we tell ourselves, as well as others. I enjoyed this book, felt the characters were believable. My only slight niggle is with the lack of come-uppance for one particular character at the end, and the consequence of his action. Can't say more or it would be a spoiler!
Gaby Kozma
Oct 30, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Because of the often only mediocre critics I read about this book, I didn't have too great expectations. Despite the bittersweet ending, I loved it. Its style remind me to a fast-forwarding movie, from which we see only napshots, especially in the beginning, then slowly it turns into an actual story.
I was happy about the Polish line, it brings back some very nice memories. :)
Judie Holliday
I read this because the author is going to lead a writing group I'm joining. I like her style. I feel I know something about her characters, sometimes but not always. She entertains and I did want to know how it would end and what would happen to people. I'm not sure I cared about them, but I was invested in them. Good book.
Narmin
It's about love lives of Polish people living in Scotland.
Sarah Hurrell
Encouraging start exploring the question what is love ... Disappointed ending
Bea
Jun 19, 2016
Ann
Jun 01, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
Cynthia Rogerson is a novelist, short story writer and poet. She is also a director at Moniack Mhor, the Arvon creative writing centre.
More about Cynthia Rogerson