Start by marking “You Can Choose Your Friends” as Want to Read:
You Can Choose Your Friends

You Can Choose Your Friends (Jay and Fran)

3.51  ·  Rating details ·  78 Ratings  ·  8 Reviews
Twenty years before You Can't Choose Your Family, Jay Molenski saved Fran Galloway's life.

Franklyn Galloway is the youngest son of a conservative Evangelical minister, and it goes without saying that he is stuck in the closet. He dreams of being an architect, but his father puts a stop to that faster than Fran can say “Frank Lloyd Wright.” So when Fran meets popular, laid-
Published January 11th 2012 by Dreamspinner Press, LLC (first published January 10th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about You Can Choose Your Friends, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about You Can Choose Your Friends

Ami
This is the prequel for holiday novella You Can't Choose Your Family. So, in a sense, if you have read that story, you already have a background about Fran and Jay and where they end up. It's a nice 'expansion' of their story, how they met, how they became friends, how Jay helped Fran from killing himself, and how the infamous event ((view spoiler)) happened.

I do think at some scenes that Jay is a bit too pushy when it
Serena Yates
Jan 12, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: gay
This is a story about growing up and coming of age in the truest sense (if not literally). It’s a prequel to the previously published You Can’t Choose Your Family (which takes place twenty years later), and I was looking forward to reading this. I wasn’t disappointed.

I rejoiced with Fran when he gained a measure of freedom upon arriving at college, remembering that, to some degree, I felt the same at that stage of my life. I think we all do, but it was even more significant for Fran. Repressed b
Shelby P
Sep 28, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m
What I liked best about this book was that Fran truly seemed like an inexperienced virgin. I like the friendship that develops between Fran and Jay. I would have liked to get more details about what happened when Fran went home for Thanksgiving that made him suicidal. (view spoiler) ...more
blub
Oct 20, 2012 rated it really liked it
I really liked You Can't Choose Your Family and finding out a prequel was written had me so excited. This was a wonderful story and really quenched my curiosity of how Jay and Fran met. I loved that readers could feel the devotion and love between the two even at the start of their relationship. I hope this won't be the last story we'll see of this two.
Sadonna
Jan 12, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: pdf, mm, holidays
This the "prequel" to You Can't Choose your Family . It is the story how Fran and Jay met and their first Christmas together with the Molenski family. Wonderful story of these two guys and Jay's family and a first love that is a forever love. Jay's mom is a ROCKSTAR!
Mandy*reads obsessively*
3.5*
Great prequel, sweet and I liked it even better than the sequel.
S.x.x.
Jan 16, 2013 rated it did not like it
I would have tossed this book across the room; unfortunately I read off a kindle.
Roclaf Alter -Ego
Sep 28, 2012 rated it liked it
This is a fun little story. I'm looking forward to reading the sequel.
Lisa
Jan 15, 2012
Leslie
Apr 19, 2012
« previous 1 3 next »
ZAHRA OWENS is a multi-lingual globetrotter who loves big cities, but also has a weak spot for the wide-open spaces that are so rare where she lives.
She likes her men either tough on the outside but with a huge soft center, or strong, silent and damaged. She makes it her personal goal to find them their happy-ever-after, the road there often leading via hospital beds, villas with gorgeous vistas o
More about Zahra Owens...

Jay and Fran (2 books)