Start by marking “Tidal Whispers” as Want to Read:
Tidal Whispers

Tidal Whispers

Heart's Desire by Julie Reece:
After a terrible accident, Tessa returns to her family beach house to heal. She doesn't expect to see her first summer crush from seven years before. Cameron, though, reappears and ignites a relationship that's far more intense than ever before. The only problem? Summer is once again coming to an end, and this time, Tessa will have to decide w
ebook
Published June 3rd 2012 by J. Taylor Publishing (first published May 29th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Tidal Whispers, please sign up.
Claire Gillian No, I'm sorry, but it is now "out of print" and the rights to the individual stories have reverted back the authors. We may re-release them as stand-a…moreNo, I'm sorry, but it is now "out of print" and the rights to the individual stories have reverted back the authors. We may re-release them as stand-alone stories, but that would be each individual author's choice. (less)

Start your review of Tidal Whispers
J.A. Belfield
Jan 12, 2012 rated it really liked it
Have an ARC of this one. Thought I'd make my way through one story at a time as it's always best to do with anthologies. After all, how can a group review cover different authors.

Heart's Desire by Julie Reece
This is such a lovely story. There is sadness and heartache, and hope, and yearning, and desire, and love, and the added fantastical element written in a way that gives this an almost fairy tale/dreamlike persona. Very enjoyable. My only complaint would be that the development between Cam a
R. Brennan
Mar 15, 2012 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars for this wonderful collection of Undersea tales.

Tidal Whispers is a collection of 4 tales, all with an ocean theme. My obsession with the sea made it easy for me to be sucked in by these four well-weaved stories.

In order to fully appreciate the book, I thought the review should really contain an individual look at each of the stories contained in the anthology.

Heart's Desire by Julie Reece:

For me, this was the perfect story to start this anthology with. Ms Reece has a gift for descript
Lovey Dovey Books
Apr 29, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Originally posted on Lovey Dovey Books

Tidal Whispers is an anthology filled with amazing writers and their enchanting sea creature themed short stories. Julie Reece, Claire Gillian, Kelly Said and Jocelyn Adams really prove their writing skills by challenging readers' knowledge of creatures of the sea. These four short stories are nothing short of exquisite and each story has it's own special ability to highlight love in the most unexpected places.

Heart's Desire is m
Aimee Laine
Jan 11, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: summer readers, beach readers, romantics
Recommended to Aimee by: publisher
Heart’s Desire by Julie Reece
I have a thing for stories where the main characters have a history. Add in a history that comes in an underwater fantasy world and you’ve just doubled my interest and intrigue. I wish we had more time to meet and learn about Cam, but that would have taken a whole novel. The snippet in this short makes me want to know more about him. The grief that comes through at the opening with Tessa is one I can’t exactly connect with because I haven’t been through it, but I cou
Tanecia
Apr 15, 2012 rated it it was amazing

*I received this book from the Publisher for an honest review*

I absolutely adored this book!!

Tidal Whispers is a collection of short stories all inspired by the sea. It includes four stories from four very talented authors and you will be very surprised on the creativity and brilliance these authors bring to each story.

I read this book in one sitting and I was very surprised that I liked it a lot to give it a 5/5 star rating! To be honest I dont like reading short stories because I'm always lef
J.C. Martin
Apr 14, 2012 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Fans of romance, lovers of sea mythology
4.5*--curse the lack of ½ stars!

I enjoyed TIDAL WHISPERS overall. All four stories are so very different, and not just another fishy mermaid tale.

HEART'S DESIRE is a touching story with a tough, likable heroine. I found Tessa compelling because of her disability. Whilst the story is sweet, I felt it was rather predictable, and in my opinion ended quite abruptly.

THE SWEETEST SONG centres around Circe, one of the most successful sirens working for Poseidon, and Otis, captain of the Calypso, a ship
Neyra ♦
Apr 24, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely loved it! I haven't read a mermaid book, in well, ever... and here I am introduced to four authors each bringing amazing stories of under the sea adventures and the creatures that dwell in the depths of the ocean!

Heart's Desire by Julie Reece

What a beautiful way to start this book!

Tessa, 21 years old, has recently lost her parents in a tragic car accident, leaving her grieving, and to alleviate the pain, returning to her childhood summer home. Once there, she remembers the boy she gr
Jocelyn Adams
Jan 11, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Four and a half stars!

Heart's Desire, by Julie Reece

Like everything else of this author's that I've had the pleasure to read, the writing is vivid and poetic, painting the underwater world like a dream for me to walk through as I read the story. Passages like this always have me re-reading just so I can savor the flow of words through my thoughts:

In her bliss, she twirled, forcing yards of fabric to shoot away from her body. She spun from the mirror, halting against a form both firm and yieldin
Sandra "Jeanz"
May 22, 2012 rated it it was amazing

MY REVIEW
Firstly I love, love, love, the cover, the mysterious woman on the front. I also love those colours, as you will have noticed from my blog I love blues and purples! I decided to review this book as I enjoy reading anthologies, I always say it's a brilliant way to discover new authors you may not have read before. J. Taylor Publishing gave me this e-book to review, so thank-you to them.

Heart's Desire by Julie Reece
I did find this short story slightly harder to get into at the very beginn
Mlpmom (Book Reviewer)
Mar 16, 2012 rated it really liked it
It isn't everyday where you come across an anthology where you truly like every story inside. There are always ones that you don't care for or that are bazaar or just a disappointment. So it was really nice when I found that I really did enjoy all the stories inside this one.
Each one was unique and fun and just the right length.

All of the authors did a fabulous job and each created a fun take on sirens, mermaids and water sprites that was creative and just made for a nice read.

This was very well
Emi Gayle
Mar 15, 2012 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: summer, beach and romance readers who want sweetness. Most are very tame.
Recommended to Emi by: Publisher
4.5 stars!
See my review here:
L.S. Murphy
Recommends it for: Summer Beach Reads, Romance, Beach Readers, Romantics,
Four great stories for fans of romance that will take you deep into the ocean & set your heart free.

Sara
Apr 24, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: reviewed
Look at the review on my book blog: http://sarainbooklandblog.blogspot.it...

"Tidal Whispers" is a book which contain four stories about mermaids and the underwater world, written by different authors.

I would want to say at first that I'm not particulary keen on books which are divided in different stories but, I also have to say, that this one was not so bad and it made me change my mind about this kind of books: it was so handy and comfortable reading one story at a time!

"Heart desire" was the
Jill
May 02, 2012 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: YA and Adult paranormal romance lovers
Shelves: r2r
Tidal Whispers is a book containing for short stories that involve supernatural sea creatures. Overall, it was a short, quick read.

"Hearts Desire": The first short story was about a girl in love with a mer-man. She doesn't know it until years later when she returns to her family's seaside cabin to grieve for her parents who had been killed. She runs into her first love and is given a choice to have him live with her on land or join him in the sea.

This is the weakest of the stories in the group.
Lynn Reynolds
Jun 03, 2012 rated it really liked it
Rating: 4 1/2 stars

Hearts Desire by Julie Reece

Tessa Morgan is under the water swimming. Is it a dream or is it real? She seems to be swimming toward an underwater city. It was interesting to see this underwater world through Tessa’s eyes. Almost made you wish that it actually existed. Then the phone rings.

That phone call gives her quite a shock. When Tessa was fourteen she was at her family’s vacation retreat. She met a young man named Cameron. When she last saw him he gave her a beautiful ring
Terri Rochenski
Feb 02, 2012 rated it really liked it
My overall is really a 4.5 Stars, but here's my individual reviews:

Heart's Desire by Julie Reece 4.5 Stars

This short story is very moving - loneliness, loss, & love. Ms. Reece portrays them beautifully - brings them alive - so we can experience them with Tessa, the MC.

I don't know about you, but I've always had a dream world I escaped to. A few actually. Tessa wakes from her favorite one to a gut wrenching reality that easily gained my empathy. I longed for her to re-find Cam, just knowing he wo
Wendy
Feb 05, 2012 rated it really liked it
First off, I love the cover! The cover could easily be any or all of the heroines from this collection. These four short stories are perfect to read at the beach or when you don't have time to get sucked into a really long story. I was ready to go swimming!

Heart’s desire by Julie Reece
Ms. Reece starts out her story with amazing imagery in a dream world that is so realistic you feel you could reach out and touch it. Real characters with flaws; physical and emotional ones, make the story believab
The TBR Pile *Book review site*
FULL REVIEW: http://thetbrpile.weebly.com/1/post/2...

The Sweetest Song Claire Gillian

Let me just start off by saying this take on Siren’s was brilliant! I never thought of them as employees who worked for Poseidon. It caught my attention right from the start with that scenario, and never let go. Circe is a Siren on her last warning from her boss. Poseidon is a
taskmaster and she’s on her third strike on luring a boat to the salty depths of the sea and he’s not happy. She has three choices beco
Anino
I totally loved each novella that was housed within this gem of a PNR compilation. I especially loved "Heart's Desire," "Pearl of Pau'maa," & the "Undergarden." Each novella was special in it's own way, but I really loved "The Undergarden." I feel that each novella could have stood alone and been worthwhile as a regular 200+ page novel, but oh well. This compilation is well worth the money and the time for reading it.

C.J.
Feb 24, 2012 rated it it was amazing
All the stories were really good, which is rare for an anthology. 5 stars!
Rebecca Hart
Feb 27, 2012 rated it really liked it
Allyson
Apr 24, 2012 marked it as to-read
So far i love the book. really great book!
Danielle Smiley
May 19, 2012 rated it really liked it
Genre: Urban Fantasy/Paranormal Romance
Publisher Type: Indie
Rating: * * * *

My Review:

I've never been a huge short story compilation fan. I find short stories hard to get into because, well, they're short. But these four stories were so just so satisfying, kind of like a slice of key lime pie. This is the PERFECT summer read: a sweet seaside breeze, warm sand between my toes and romantic reminisces.

Heart’s Desire by Julie Reece

Julie Reece has a breath-taking gift for description. This story open
Anne
May 16, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: nook
Tidal Whispers is a nice compilation of stories about sea lure and creatues. Perfect for a weekend at the beach. Just remember to keep an eye towards the ocean...just in case!
1st - "Hearts Desire" - This story was sweet and descriptive but without too much depth. Poor Tessa returned home after suffering heartache. Feeling lost and searching for something, she runs into her first love. I would have liked to see more relationship development between Tessa and Cam before life choices had to be mad
Paula Võ
Jun 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Oh dang, that is just so sweet!
Romancing the Book
Jan 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Reviewed by Desere
Book provided by the publisher for review
Review originally posted at Romancing the Book

This was one of those anthology’s that just totally blew me away! Each and every story had it’s own unique twist and each author added their very own touch of brilliance!

I am not going to give away anything on this one but I will tell you that you will be swept away be the brilliant Julie Reece in her Heart’s Desire, where we meet Cameron and Tessa. They have been in the throws of passion bef
Lizzy Lessard
Jul 19, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed, fantasy
Since each story is so different, it is hard to sum up my thoughts on the entire collection. But by the time I connected to each story and the characters within, it ended, which annoyed me. I’m so used to dealing with full length novels. Here are my thoughts on the individual stories:

Heart’s Desire – This story was pretty straightforward and the ending predictable. I thought the romance was good but too much time was spent on thoughts and very little on what was actually going on. - 4/5

The Sweet
Dec 23, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

This book has 4 short stories in it:
Hearts Desire- by Julie Reece

This was a good short story. I got really worried how the ending would go though... Very interesting

The Sweetest Song by Claire Gillian
Good story!! Almost reminds me of The Little Mermaid but slightly different

Pearl Of Pau’maa by Kelly Said
This book was ok, it was hard to get into at first and I had to drag myself to read it but towards the end I thought it was good..

The Undergarden by Jocelyn Adams

I liked this short story!!
A Bear and a Bee Books
Each story has a voice all its own. An enjoyable and memorable quick read.
Tracy
Jul 15, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: ebooks-i-own
Overall, a good read. I liked the first two stories more than the last two.
}~>O MERBOOKS: T...: "Tidal Whispers" (Four Novellas) 5 17 Oct 13, 2012 02:09PM
Q&A with Claire G...: The Sweetest Song Origins 3 3 May 11, 2012 11:19AM
Jocelyn is an office grunt by day and creator of romance and adventure by night. Born a farmer’s daughter with a vivid imagination, she spent her childhood dreaming up stories that remained untold until 2010.

With no formal training, she relied on the honest feedback of her writing group to take her from that first short story all the way to THE END of her first novel. She now has ten published nov