Start by marking “Truth Teller (The Truth Teller Series, #1)” as Want to Read:
Truth Teller (The Truth Teller Series, #1)

Truth Teller

(Truth Teller #1)

How could a modern day girl like Charlotte ever envisage that magic really exists? Even with her own vivid imagination, the place for other realms belonged in a child’s fairy tale. Or so she thought, until she stumbled across a hidden curio shop and an even stranger shopkeeper. He gives her a gift that resembles an antique snow dome, but this is not an ordinary globe. The ...more
Published January 25th 2012 by UK Children's Publishing (first published January 3rd 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Truth Teller, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Truth Teller

Dianne
Dec 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Even though children today seem so much worldlier than we were, “back in the day,” they still have imaginations to be fired up, fantasies to live and worlds to explore. Kurt Chambers gives children a tale about a contemporary young girl who daydreams of magical places and through the magic of a special gift from a quirky little shopkeeper, may just have the chance to actually travel to a mystical land, far, far away. Truth Teller is a pure fantasy adventure for a child’s mind.

Annie McMahon
Oct 07, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Positive Points
When I read this book for the first time on my online critique group's forum, my first thought was, Why is this book not published yet? It has everything a bestseller should have: engaging plot with surprising twists, cliffhangers at the end of almost every chapter, endearing characters I missed when I stopped reading, vivid settings, genuine emotions, and good values, such as friendship and telling the truth, woven into the story in a natural way. I got tired of waiting for an ag
Beverly McClure
Jun 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
Do you enjoy shopping in antique stores or grungy looking shops that you think you probably should stay away from, but something pulls you inside anyway? Have you ever spotted something that you just had to purchase, though you had no idea why?

In Author Kurt Chambers’ novel, TRUTH TELLER, ten-year-old Charlotte, her parents and six-year-old sister, Beth, are on holiday, when Charlotte wanders into an old shop where she sees a snow dome without snow. Inside the dome is a miniature planet revolvin
Alex Leader
Jul 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Any one
Recommended to Alex by: Philip Leader
P.S. Winn
Mar 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a great book and appropriate for all ages. Charlotte is a bit of a dreamer. When she is given an unusual glass globe, her world is about to change. Charlotte finds the dome takes her to another realm of mystery, magic and even danger, The author takes readers of all ages on a wonderful journey in this, the first book in what looks to be an amazing series.
Bill Tillman
Truth Teller

A first mid grade adventure into another realm. Charlotte gets a non snow dome on holiday, then transports herself to a realm of elves and dwarves. A truly magical adventure and best of all this is only the first one!
Tim Trent
May 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The description does not suggest to me that it is a children's book. Even as an adult it makes a decent story. For a ten year old child like Charlotte, though, I think substantially better.

Charlotte grows in maturity a little throughout the story. It's easy to forget she's only ten. She can be a little petulant, but that adds value to the tale.

We have a blend of The Hobbit and various Narnia tales, though with no admixed religion. There's a little of the safety of Enid Blyton, too, home in time
Max Grande
Dec 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
TRUTH TELLER is a free book from Amazon and me and the family loved it. Charlotte is a darling character. Me and the kids enjoyed reading this book. It is filled with adventure, thrills and magic. It is FREE all the time since the author is so kind so get your copy, read and review it when you can. A exciting book indeed.
Phil Leader
Mar 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed, amazon
Remember when you were 6 or 7 and first read The Lion The Witch And The Wardrobe? Well I do and the whole 'you could go to another realm and be special' thing was such a key to drawing me into fantasy. And at that age the whole talking animals thing was entirely in keeping with my imagination.

But if you are a little older, nicely into double figures of age. Although the escape to another realm is still a terrific idea, the talking animals are just not going to fit anymore. What you need is a bit
Stephanie
Nov 24, 2012 rated it really liked it
Overview:
When Charlotte walks into the shop tucked into the alley she is hoping to buy trinkets for her friends from her beach vacation. She doesn’t expect the strange encounter she has with the shopkeeper, but she is thrilled with the ancient looking snow globe that he gives her. Best of all it didn’t cost her anything. All she had to do was agree to tell the truth! Everything changes when she looks into the glowing orb and finds herself transported to a different realm. Danger lurks around ea
Patricia Reding
Sep 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Reviewed by Patricia Reding for Readers’ Favorite (at ReadersFavorite.com).

Children will be drawn to this story of elves, druids, dwarves, trolls, monsters—and magic! Truth Teller, by Kurt Chambers, opens with Charlotte, a curious child, on holiday with her family. Running out of time before she must return to her everyday life, Charlotte sets out to find gifts for her friends back home. Ambling along the stone walkway, she steps into an alley at the end of which, Charlotte finds a shop. Charlot
Lillac64
Jul 10, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: young-adult
Here is the review I sent to the author.

Hi Kurt,

I just finished your novel Truth Teller. It was wonderful. I couldn't put it down and read the whole thing through in one sitting.

You have a talent for descriptive writing. I was impressed with how well you portrayed Charlotte. Her character truly reads as the typical 10-year-old little girl, self-absorbed, needing the reassurance of those she trusts around her, yet setting out boldly on a grand adventure. Elderfield is also a great character. You
Vickie McKeehan
Apr 22, 2012 rated it it was amazing
On a vacation to the beach, day-dreamer Charlotte enters a curio shop to pick up a few souvenirs to take back home to her friends. She meets the mysterious shop owner, an old man who offers her an antique snow globe for free. There's just one condition. Charlotte must always tell the truth. Since she doesn't think this will be problem, the girl readily agrees and dashes off with her new globe.

But when the globe takes on a ghostly green glow, little does Charlotte know she's about to end up in an
Julie Grasso
Nov 11, 2012 rated it really liked it
Truth Teller is a dark and mysterious tale about a young girl named Charlotte who comes upon a seemingly harmless snow dome in a little junk shop during her holidays. Little does she know, the old man named Goffer who gave her the dome at no charge, hides many secrets behind his old eyes. Charlotte is unwittingly transported to a dark forest in another realm. A realm with Elves and Druids and Beasts that roam the forest and Charlotte finds herself in grave danger. Thankfully a young Elf named El ...more
Alysa H.
Mar 18, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: abandoned
A fairly generic story in the "normal human child is transported to a magical realm" category. The child in question, Charlotte, is likeable enough, but she's supposed to be about 10 years old and comes off as closer in age to her 6 year old sister at times. Many things, including the characters' behaviors, seem overly contrived to push the plot forward. I had a hard time getting into the story during the first couple of chapters, and then I frankly lost interest when the third chapter suddenly ...more
T.F.
Jan 25, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Truth Teller has it all: a fantastical rich world, elves, a realm in battle, a hero and a heroine you’ll cheer for. Charlotte is only ten-years-old, and when she finds herself in another world, she does everything she can to get back home. Throughout, she remains strong, even while facing the bad guys. It helps that she has a strong crew of friends who have her back. Truth Teller is filled with action, and Chambers has a beautiful style of writing that will engage readers of any age.
I can’t wai
Julie Powell
Jan 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I was given this book by the author and loved it! It may be for a younger generation, but I can't see why adults wouldn't enjoy it too - I did!

I liked the characters: believable, rich and interesting. Charlotte was delightful and just how you'd expect a child to react if put into 'that' situation. As for the fantasy world, wow, I loved it, the characters, the descriptions and the 'scary bits'.

I don't give spoilers, however, I would highly recommend this tale filled with magic, intrigue, danger a
Ursula Lygarlis
Nov 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I give this five stars simply because there aren't more. It is a fantastic read! My poor puppy was simply neglected while I finished!

Elves, Trolls, Magic and a mysterious gateway? Can a story get any better? Chambers has created a wonderful and fulfilling story about a young girl's quest for home. Along the way she meets and becomes part of something much larger than herself.

The book is geared towards Middle Grade children, however anyone can read and enjoy! Thank you Kurt Chambers!

Free on M
Tracey
Jun 14, 2012 rated it really liked it
Really enjoyed this. I can't wait until my daughter is old enough to have it read to her! The author's description of the realm was very good, you can picture it in your head. I love how he captures the modern 'lingo' of a 10 year old girl. Will look forward to reading more of his books
Theodene
Jan 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Easy read, very engaging, and ends with so much hope for a next book!
SciYourFi Team
Feb 24, 2012 rated it really liked it
Read the full review at: http://sciyourfi.blogspot.com/2012/03...
Lori Gordon
Feb 18, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I recommend anyone who likes this genre to check out this book!
Dolores Ayotte
Sep 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Truth Teller (Truth Teller Series Book 1) by Author Kurt Chambers

Truth Teller is the first novel I have read and reviewed by talented Author Kurt Chambers and it was most enjoyable. Written for the younger reading audience, it is sure to capture the attention of, as well as bring pleasure to, many a reader both young and old alike.

Ten year old Charlotte is on vacation with her mum, dad and her six year old sister Beth. Just before they are about to return home, she is given permission to go on h
Gerri
Jun 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is fun story for elementary-age children. Reminded me of The Hobbit collection. Charlotte, aged ten, is the one who causes everything else to happen. She acts like a ten year old most of the time too. The story goes quickly with a lot of action. Goes from our world to another. Kept me interested until the end, and I look forward to reading the rest of the series. A Tolkeinesque adventure for kids!
Keith Bornmann
Nov 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed the story. I look forward to reading more. The main character is a very young girl who ventures into a parallel reality by herself for the first of many times. This is the first book I've read where the main character is so young. This is the beginning of a series.

The author wrote a clean book acceptable for all ages.
Laurie Pace
Nov 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Snowglobe

I will have to say,I really enjoyed this book. I would recommend it,and I will be reading the next book in this series. I love time travel. Hope you enjoy it as much as I did. HAPPY READING!!!
Louise
Dec 29, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good

Just a good read ☺.
I could not put it down and to me that's a good book. Brill loved it
Treena Beavers
Apr 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle-bargain
Cool read, fun & intriguing storyline.
I picked up book 1 as a freebie on kindle well worth the read.
Sandi Stover
Apr 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a delightful magical book. I really enjoyed it. Charlotte is a good character and her “new” family were good, kind hearted people. I highly recommend reading this book.
Malia Haberman
Nov 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
If you love elves, magic, and true friendship, which I definitely do, you will totally enjoy this charming fantasy about Charlotte and her unexpected and adventurous journey to a mystical realm that is quite a turnaround from her normal life with her family in modern-day England. Wonderful story for middle grade and tween readers.
I am the author of the Truth Teller series, a tale written especially to introduce children into the realms of epic fantasy. Book one free on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/dp/B006TI8JLY Barnes & Noble http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/truth... and Smashwords http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/...

Truth Teller (2 books)
  • The Wrath of Siren (Truth Teller Series, #2)