Start by marking “Almost a Bride” as Want to Read:
Almost a Bride

Almost a Bride

Award-winning author, Kimberly Llewellyn, introduces a sexy fun story about two people who discover they have a lot more to share between the sheets than they ever bargained for.

Ivy Hammond got dumped at the altar, all because she was too much of a good girl in the bedroom. So when a research study on sex appeal needs participants, she jumps at the chance to learn w
Published December 18th 2011 by DeWolfe Press

To ask other readers questions about Almost a Bride, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Almost a Bride

Start your review of Almost a Bride
Karen
Jan 19, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: read-in-2012
I found myself skipping large portions of the story. I can suspend disbelief with the best of them but this book really stretched the boundaries!
Aislynn
Before you sit down to read this book there are a few items you are going to need – 1) a fan, 2) something VERY cold to drink, 3) and a comfy spot to curl up. Why, you ask… this is one steamy steamy sexy read that you will want to devour in one sitting.

Ivy has been dumped by her fiancee only weeks before their wedding. He informed her that she’s a prude and he needs more “excitement” in the bedroom to keep him happy. While she tries to come to terms with his comment and help her father with his
Ana
Apr 07, 2012 rated it really liked it
After Ivy's wedding is called off by her fiancee she decides to be more of a risk taker and joins a study about sex appeal to prove that she can be less Madonna and more whore. So she lies about her experience on the test and gets partnered up with Kip this sexy PR guy. But the rules are more than they can handle, the most important ones are don't get involved and don't fall in love. Each task from the study is about learning what pushes they're buttons sexually, and when things start getting ho ...more
Cupcakencorset
Dec 01, 2013 rated it it was ok
This book, a freebie I downloaded when I got my Kindle a couple of years ago, was OK. A bit too turgid, the main characters were far too quick to jump in the sack, if the author's intent was to build tension or anticipation. A strong editor would have been helpful, as the author tended to overuse certain words (e.g., ravage) within a single scene and the whole novel. (And in that particular example, I'm fairly certain the author meant "ravish," given the contexts it kept appearing in.) YMMV, but ...more
Gail
Jan 14, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: x-author-l
This book was GREAT! I'll be the first to acknowledge that I am a fan of steamy stuff, and at first I wasn't sure about the book because it seemed to be using a lot of borderline-cheesy clean euphemisms during the steamier parts. I soon realized that writing can be way steamy without using the f-word and the c-words. This story had some great sexual tension and situations in it
Jennifer Matwijec
Aug 04, 2012 rated it really liked it
Another freebie and well worth the "purchase". At first I didn't think I'd be all that into it but once I started reading I started liking it more and more. There is only one thing I would change to make it a better book...having an epilogue
Deborah
Feb 02, 2012 rated it really liked it
I have been bored with some of the chick-lit books I've picked up recently and thought this book was going to have the same tired plot. I was pleasantly surprised by the story-line and enjoyed the story from beginning to end.
Jeanette Hornby
Mar 26, 2012 rated it really liked it
What an enjoyable, spicy read. I loved the development of characters and the unusual situation they found themselves in. To top it off the love scenes were spicy hot. I highly recommend this novel.
Heidi Craig
Jan 19, 2012 rated it really liked it
Interesting twist on the traditional romance. I didn't realize that it was a "true" romance novel when I downloaded it, but fortunately it wasn't over the top with either explicitness or corniness. Overall, not a bad choice if you're in the mood for an nontraditional love story.
E.L.
Mar 29, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! Totally awesome plot and the characters were amazing! Where can i find me a man like this one?! I loved that is was sexy and not just sex. Will definetly recommend!
Becci
Jan 29, 2012 rated it really liked it
Really good. Quirky, sexy, fun and really hot. I liked that there was no drawn out misunderstandings, the characters actually talked and didn't let lies drag out. Very fun read!
Julz
Oct 19, 2012 rated it really liked it
loved it! funny, not bad story line.
Shirley
Feb 08, 2018 rated it did not like it
Didn't care for it.
Nikki McCarver
May 26, 2012 rated it really liked it
This was a really cute funny story. Ivy's fiancee broke it off a month before their wedding. He told her in no uncertain terms that she wasn't adventurous enough in bed. Ivy has kept tight control of herself ever since her mother died and her brother has run away. She channeled all of her frustration into doing good deeds and helping her father prepare for running for mayor. But Ivy has loads of repressed sexuality and she always imagined that after she was in a secure relationship (i.e. married ...more
Lynnea
Apr 02, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: adult, fiction, romance
Ivy gets dumped by her fiance just before the wedding because he said she was too much of a "good girl" in bed. She is horified and decides to join a sex appeal research study to learn how to act "bad". She hasn't had all that much experience and so she lies on the application to guarantee her acceptance.

Kip's foster brother is the researcher for this study and begs him to participate. From the beginning he is interested in Ivy, not only her body but also her personality. She is nosy and upfron
(Nat) Reading Romances
Jun 08, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: erotic-romance, hot
Almost a Bride had a rather interesting premise that got lost in the middle of way.

The book cover might seem like a romance comedy or a light, funny romance - at least that's what I thought! I was surprised to read an erotic contemporary romance instead. I admit that nor the title or the cover don't relate very well to the story that was told.

I had some trouble to connect with the main characters, and at first I was very curious about them particularly how their relation
Arlena

Reviewed By: Arlena Dean
Raven Rating: 4
Blog Reviewed For GMTA
Review:

"Almost a Bride" was a good interesting, fun and hot sexy read by Kimberly Llewellyn. How Kimberly was able to get the two people together for this fun ride was quiet interesting. The story starts out somewhat slow but it does pick up and wow for the ending.
From Ivy Hammond being dumped by her fiance (Travis) who though
Lucie Paris
Mar 30, 2012 rated it liked it
I received this novel as a giveaway from « Goodreads » but I admit I was a little disappointed ... All the ingredients are there to make a good novel, but even with exquise flavors I have not been carried sufficiently.

Indeed, a lot of well written clichés but in my case the magic wasn't released. A bit like if the author had nicely compile elements supposed to raise and build the intensity and the attraction, but too spice up a dish can sometimes hide his essence ...

Beyon
Mich
Mar 30, 2012 rated it it was ok
First of all, I would like to give kudos to the author for creating a plausible situation that made the scenarios, that might normally seem over-the top, more or less realistic.

Next, I would say that I found the characters in this book interesting and their individual dilemmas were certainly relatable. However, I felt as if the book was too fast-paced and too short for me to enjoy them and to know them as much as I would have liked. I would have probably liked the book a star more if the charac
Jen
Jan 14, 2012 rated it liked it
A very quick read. I thought the premise of hooking up through a sex study was a bit unrealistic. And given that I know a bit about studies etc...Professor Jason violated every ethical rule there is. LOL

Other than that, the romantic build between Ivy and Kip felt natural even though there were thrown together as they were.

I don't think I'd put this on my "re-read" list but for a snowy evening, it was a good enough read to snuggle under the blankies and sink into.
Beth Evant
Dec 10, 2012 rated it it was ok
I had a hard time making it thru the introduction of Ivy. Her reason for joining the study was stupid to me. She did alot of things that didn't make sense, and she was incredibly naive. The story started to get better when Kip was introduced. I liked Kip and he was the only reason that I finished the book. If you can make it thru the introduction of Ivy and her friend - keep reading. It gets better, but not much. This book should definitely be free.
J.R.
Jan 20, 2012 rated it it was ok
Easy reading but shallow throughout. Characters could use more developing, and who is to believe that the
"love" exhibited by Kip and Ivy is true, as opposed to nothing more than good old fashioned lust. It would
never last in real life. Maybe a "chick" book, but don't think most guys will enjoy it.
Lenore Kosinski
Jan 11, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: kindle, pixel-of-ink
I just could not get into this book. From the first few pages I was not interested and considered just giving up. I can't even figure out what it is that was so meh for me. I guess I just wasn't that into the characters. It took to almost 20% into the book before it was even the girl and guy together.... *shrugs* I'm usually not too fussy, but this one was not for me I guess....
Andrea
Jan 17, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2012-titles
I got this book for free (Kindle download) and read it pretty quickly. It was definitely a fast paced story, and a little - OK, a LOT - far fetched, but it had some steamy and non-cheesy scenes, and some steamy and very cheesy worded ones. I finished it up last night and will say the characters have some potential, they could actually make for a stronger book if we follow them moving forward.
Kimberly Llewellyn
Jan 16, 2012 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Almost a Bride has been made into an audio book for Audible.com, iTunes, and Amazon. So fun!
Courtney
Feb 21, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: erotic, ebooks, kindle
It was pretty good. It was a lot longer than I expected it to be, but it was nice reading all the little details the author wanted to include.
Yasmin Vasquez
May 05, 2015 rated it liked it
Good

This was a good read but I had a hard time believing some of there romance but anything's possible right.
Stacy Fulton leuchs
Jun 07, 2013
Robin Murphy
Apr 30, 2017
Jenny Alkire
Feb 19, 2013

• Hajar's Hidden Legacy (Beasts of the Desert, #1)
  • The Desert King's Captive Bride
  • The Inherited Bride
  • The Player (The Wedding Pact, #2)
  • The Beast Within: A Tale of Beauty's Prince (Villains, #2)
  • Slow Dance with the Best Man
  • Sleigh Bells in the Snow (O'Neil Brothers, #1)
  • What Happened To Polly
  • Deliver Her
  • The Rancher’s Beloved Bride (Brides of Inspiration #10)
Known as The Wedding Writer, Kimberly Llewellyn is the author of eight novels, including the IndieBound Bestseller, Tulle Little, Tulle Late and The Quest for the Holy Veil published by Penguin/Berkley, New York, NY. Other bestsellers include Siren Call and Almost a Bride. She can be found on Facebook, Twitter, and Goodreads! Friend the author at facebook.com/kimberlyllewellynbooks.

Her Heartthrob Heroes Series is available now: